Cookie Monster Gone Veggie Monster: Do you miss the old Cookie Monster?

Creamy 2009/11/05 19:51:51
I miss the old Cookie Monster - get rid of Veggie Monster!
I prefer Veggie Monster over Cookie Monster!
I think the Cookie Monster turned Veggie Monster...
Google's logo honoring the Cookie Monster has old Sesame Street fans talking about the Cookie Monster's new diet, which is filled with vegetables and fruits. While the Cookie Monster's old diet was filled with cookies, in recent years it has become politically incorrect. When Sesame Street writers caught wind of parents' concern over childhood obesity and the Cookie Monster's influence on them, they made the Cookie Monster into something more like a veggie monster (hence the snide Veggie Monster nickname).

cookie monster veggie monster

Do you miss the old Cookie Monster, or do you prefer the Veggie Monster?

• herb 2009/11/05 21:17:49
    herb
    +17
    THIS QUESTION IS BOGUS

This message promoting the healthy eating of fruits and vegetables premiered in 1987 or '88. This is not new. Hell, it's so old, it's been remixed:

Cookie Monster went so far as to address this issue with Matt Lauer:

• rekyIa saillant 2012/07/11 10:18:45
    rekyIa saillant
    +3
    Go cookie squad
  • teddy327 2012/01/05 18:11:46
  • kaylee 2011/09/14 00:02:34
    kaylee
    +1
    hey!! give coookie monster a life again who carez if he eats cookies everyone needs a coookie 1 time in a while!! soo please give him a life agin not stupid veggie movie im 9 i love cookie monster not freaking veggie monster GO COOKIE MOSTER!
  • Bestieboys 2011/06/25 17:23:30
    Bestieboys
    +2
    Get rid of Veggie monster
  • sophia 2011/06/23 03:11:31
    sophia
    +2
    i care about the cookie monster he's funny, but is oscar going to be next? i luv him and the cookie monster
  • dcmillan1 2011/06/21 22:35:13
    dcmillan1
    Cookie Monster was, and still is my idol!!! I want him back!!! Veggie monster can go and suck balls just like before he was on Sesame Street!!! For those parents who caused this, it ain't Cookie Monster's fault your children chose to be obese!!! So BACK OFF!!! I bet your children still don't eat veggies anyway!!! Anyway to show your love for Cookie Monster wear a Blue shirt representing him!!! on his birthday though!!! :D
  • Grace 2011/05/08 21:41:56
    Grace
    +2
    I WANT THE COOKIE MONSTER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY KIDS DON'T LIKE WATCHING SESAME STREET ANYMORE THEY LOVED THE COOKIE MONSTER! :-(
  • Ben 2011/04/24 14:51:13
    Ben
    +3
    GET COOKIE MONSTER BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCC... cookie monster bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccc Cookie Monster
  • flippincandy 2011/04/21 17:55:48 (edited)
    flippincandy
    +1
    they got rid of him to convince kids to eat veggies KIDS HATE VEGGIES they love cookies like i LOVE cookie and hate all veggies UP WITH COOKIES DOWN WITH VEGGIES
    who agrees oh yea btw who doesnt love cookies
  • kaylee flippin... 2011/09/14 00:03:41
  • ValerieLudemann 2011/03/11 03:47:47
    ValerieLudemann
    +2
    Oh sure...pick on cookie monster.. We were all fine growing up with him and he didn't influence us to live off of cookies! Now, some of the same people who grew up watching and loving him and all the characters as a child, on sesame street are against Cookie monster. But it is ok to leave cookies for Santa every Christmas eve and if the Santa at the mall is too skinny those people don't think he should be a Santa. Those same people are feeding their kids spaghetti o's and mac and cheese and guess what a cookie for dessert...go figure! (have you seen the carbs in that stuff???) By the way my daughter had a friend when she was younger and the boy was a vegetarian, when I first saw him I thought he was ill. This child was pale and skin and bones thin. It was 80 degrees and he needed a sweater,so, if they are going to eat only what cookie monster or in this case veggie monster is going to eat they are in BIG TROUBLE! I don't know about everyone else but all of the people I know that also watched cookie monster cook regular meals and eat their veggies and yes a cookie now and then. We all seem very happy and healthy.
  • kaylee Valerie... 2011/09/14 00:04:02
    kaylee
    +3
    thats RIGHT!
  • xobabyox 2011/01/27 01:51:09
    xobabyox
    +1
    get rid of the veggie monster he stinks he should be the cookie monster he always has been why change the kids are O5 years old of course they would want cookies.!!!!!! i blame the parents for letting their kids eat so much. thanks parents for ruininq my nieces idol.!
  • Corie 2011/01/16 17:41:52
    Corie
    +1
    I grew up with cookie monster and love him!!! i think that these parents who blame others for their children being fat is a bunch of crap!!! you r the boss tell ur children no once in awhile it never hurt me so they'll be fine!!!! Cookie monster might make them want cookies but did he buy them and stick them in ur house and then give them to them???? No so the only person responsible is u for not tellin them no and ur children... depending on how old they r!!!! Bring back cookie and make a new monster that likes veggies!!!!!!!
  • ashley6419 2011/01/11 15:46:51
    ashley6419
    +1
    cookie monster is better than veggie
  • mikayla 2010/12/13 20:35:29
    mikayla
    +1
    F*CK THE VEGGIE MONSTER! BRING BACK MY COOKIE MONSTER! I'M 14 AND I LOVE SESAME STREET, well i used to anyways like 2 days before the veggie monster!WHOEVER DID THIS TO HIM CAN GO DIE IN A HOLE!
  • MeaganMami 2010/11/29 09:04:54
    MeaganMami
    +2
    While I agree with trying to get kids to eat better I still think that they should make a new monster or something... Changing Cookie Monster was wrong. He's COOKIE Monster for a reason and we all know and love him
  • Allison Miller 2010/11/27 00:03:48
    Allison Miller
    +3
    I think it is great to encourage kids to eat healthy, but really?! Cookie Monster!!! You cannot change cookie monster!!! Make another character that loves to eat healthy or talk about it more!
  • JonSea31 2010/11/25 14:22:12
    JonSea31
    As much as I liked Cookie Monster back in the day, today his obsession for cookies really creeps me out. In fact, Sesame Street really gives me - and even my mother - the creeps since 1984. I bet my mother was one of Canada's "pioneers" to notice behavior problems linked to Sesame Street.

I may be part of the minority, but I prefer Veggie Monster over his former alias. But still, I would never recommend Sesame Street to my kids if I were to ever get married. I hate the show, and I bet a lot of people do too. The right way for many kids to learn is by way of hands-on learning. I believe kids don't need hyperactively stimulating Muppets to teach kids how to count to 20 or teach kids about the letter H.

To sum up my opinion: Sesame Street Sucks.
  • mikayla JonSea31 2010/12/13 20:38:12
    mikayla
    +3
    no u suck for believing that obviously u have no sense of humor. if u dont like the show then saty out of our conversations d*ck-face
  • sophia JonSea31 2011/06/23 03:09:42
    sophia
    +4
    cookie monster is a monster to make little children laugh, and why did u even vote if u dont like sesame street?
  • kaylee JonSea31 2011/09/14 00:04:37
  • keaundrea 2010/11/06 22:09:14
    keaundrea
    +1
    i want the old cookie monster back not the veggie monster he stinks com back cookie monster
  • Butterball 2010/11/03 16:51:13
    Butterball
    My oldest has a weight problem cause of cookie monster. GO VEGGIE MONSTER!!!!!!!! oldest weight cookie monster veggie monster
  • JamesHe... Butterball 2010/12/31 21:32:00
    JamesHeckert
    +2
    no it is ur fault for allowing him to get fat
  • sbae Butterball 2011/02/15 01:09:57
    sbae
    +3
    that picture is fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • flippin... Butterball 2011/04/21 17:58:11
    flippincandy
    +3
    that picture is fake
  • sophia Butterball 2011/06/23 03:05:38
    sophia
    +2
    thats not the cookie monster's fault
  • jose Butterball 2013/09/22 19:30:31 (edited)
    jose
    +1
    Your child is fat because you failed to take control over the situation. It was no puppets fault, if you where to take your child out to the park instead of using the tv to baby sit your child he/she would be more fit! Don't blame a puppet for the bad eating habits of your child.
  • mad 2010/10/11 14:42:22
    mad
    +1
    veggie monster stinks! bring back the cookies!!!!!!!!!
  • Alex 2010/05/16 15:23:53
    Alex
    +1
    Cookie Monster come back
  • doctorwhofan 2010/04/16 21:57:29
    doctorwhofan
    +1
    FREE COOKIE MONSTER
  • ashieapatheticsaysxoxo 2010/04/09 21:41:13
    ashieapatheticsaysxoxo
    +5
    I think that Veggie Monster is completely unjust! Bring back the cookies!
  • peach635 2010/04/09 17:25:10
    peach635
    +1
    Ya i miss seein the cookie stuff his face with cookies all the time.
  • havoc 2010/04/06 20:11:07
    havoc
    +5
    Its the parents fault for not putting them on a balanced diet, not cookie monster's. South park's "Kyle's mom is a bitch" should be the theme song for these crazed "parents". The funny thing is most crazed moms really do act like Kyle's mom.
  • mikayla havoc 2010/12/13 20:39:18
    mikayla
    +2
    HECK YEAH!
  • sbae havoc 2011/02/15 01:11:11
    sbae
    +2
    true that!
  • flippin... havoc 2011/04/21 17:58:46
    flippincandy
    +4
    agreed
  • BuddyBoy600alt 2010/03/09 22:14:57
    BuddyBoy600alt
    Well, It's true. Here is story. Cookie Monster went to a dream. He met this guy: turned veggie monster true story cookie monster dream met guy His name is Monster Cookie. He told Cookie Monster a sad story on how he became that way. He used to be a blue furry monster also. But eating too much cookies caused him to be transformed into a cookie. When Cookie Monster wakes up from dream, He sobbed "What a dream! Oh, Very sad!" And then he was going to eat a cookie. Then he realized not to eat it. And says "Oh, NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Never eat cookies again! NO!" From now on, Me only want to eat carrots! Yeah!" So he eats carrots. And then, He eats fish, And then whole wheat bread. And then says to a cookie. "And No Cookies! Sorry, Cookie Me no can eat you ever... Say are you talking, Cookie? Are you crying, Cookie?" And eats a cookie and says "Well, Maybe sometime a cookie."
  • alexa 2010/01/01 15:49:45
    alexa
    +4
    never give up on cookie monster he is cute and he is a perfect monster nobody wants veggie monster plz keep cookie monster

2014/07/23 02:17:07