CNN and MSNBC Lose Almost Half Their Viewers in One Year

Transquesta 2013/11/28 07:25:16
Any opinions as to why this might be?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By Noel Sheppard | November 27, 2013 | 10:43

It's been a tough year for the liberal cable news outlets.

Data released Tuesday show CNN shedding 48 percent of total viewers since last November and MSNBC dropping 45 percent.

The numbers were even worse in the all important demographic of people aged 25 to 54 as CNN's ratings dropped 59 percent and MSNBC's 52 percent.

In an off-election year, and with last November's numbers skewed higher as a result of the presidential election, it should be expected for ratings to decline.

However, Fox News didn't see close to these losses. In total day, FNC is only down 18 percent since last November and 30 percent in the demo.

As you might imagine, prime time numbers were also down.

CNN was off 54 percent in total viewers and 62 percent in the demo. MSNBC declined 50 percent in total prime time viewers and 57 percent in the demo.

By contrast, FNC was second in all of cable in prime time this November averaging over 2 million viewers. This represented a decline of 21 percent in total viewers and 41 percent in the demo.

As such, no matter how you slice it, the liberal cable networks fared much worse in the past twelve months than their far more centrist competitor.

Read More: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/11...

• MW121 2013/11/28 15:25:21
    MW121
    +8
    because the media is a joke.. They are all in bed with Obama and tell nothing but lies or slants in one direction.. If there is any media I'll watch, I'd watch Fox over the rest.. Not that I agree with all of Fox, but I think they give better fair views than the rest..

• Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2013/12/08 20:32:54
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    All of these MSM news outlets should lose ALL of their viewers, because as long as there are still people out there who listen to and believe anything they are told by them we have a real problem in this country.
  • Mark DeBarbieri 2013/12/02 19:35:40
    Mark DeBarbieri
    +1
    I wonder if those figures jibe with the massive unemployment going on and because of that, so do those that found that they had to drop cable altogether.
  • Jim 2013/12/02 17:00:40 (edited)
    Jim
    +1
    I guess the consequences of shameless Obama slurping and leftwing idiocy has come home to roost. Funny how viewers can be fickle like that.
    +1
    Maybe, oh, maybe ..
    just because they are nothing more than snake oil marketing agents/poseurs?
  • Charles 2013/11/30 04:48:09
    Charles
    +2
    I hadn't heard of this alleged situation nor do I believe it just reading a headline. However, this isn't something I have time for.
  • Striker 2013/11/30 02:15:00
    Striker
    +2
    Interesting tho, seems they're all falling flat. We're not getting the TV we're paying for, that's for sure.
  • cmdrbnd007 2013/11/29 14:40:33
    cmdrbnd007
    +3
    Here is just a few reasons why; martin bashir piers morgan Al sharpton rachael maddow
  • Transqu... cmdrbnd007 2013/11/29 22:52:14
    Transquesta
    +2
    Bingo!
  • Charles cmdrbnd007 2013/12/03 00:06:07
    Charles
    +2
    The bottom two images appear so situated due to sewer altitude.
  • Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2013/11/29 04:04:47
    Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Because instead of reporting the news as it is, they're slanting it to protect a total loser and con man.
  • concerned dude 2013/11/28 20:42:22
    concerned dude
    +4
    Of course. Only the administration and die hard liberals actually watch their stations. The rest of us are wise to their propaganda
  • rusty.barnett.16 2013/11/28 20:40:09
    rusty.barnett.16
    +4
    GREAT !!!!!!!!!!! Don't let the door hit you in the ASS
  • ☆astac☆~PWCM 2013/11/28 19:51:19
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +5
    Well lets see, MSNBC sees nothing wrong with liberals saying that people should use Palin as a toilet. No Civil Humane person would watch MSNBC
  • D Hanes 2013/11/28 19:08:06
    D Hanes
    +2
    That's because they have been so busy sticking their heads up Obamas a ss, that they just didn't notice.
    +4
    Because Americans are getting sick of Obamavision, both networks are shamelessly in Obama's pocket. In their opinion Obama can do no wrong and always tells the truth, what a damn joke.
  • Jesse 2013/11/28 18:14:50
    Jesse
    +6
    people tiring of propaganda
  • akPhilly 2013/11/28 17:59:14
    akPhilly
    +2
    Am I the only person who doesn't watch either Fox or MSNBC or CNN? I swear, it seems like some people don't realize that there are other news outlets & networks, & think that it's required by penalty of death that you must watch one or the other, and according to whatever political party you're registered with.
  • Jesse akPhilly 2013/11/28 18:16:15
    Jesse
    +4
    Yes. You are the only one... have you tried al Jazeera?
  • Transqu... Jesse 2013/11/28 19:18:20
    Transquesta
    +4
    I'll try every news outlet once--but thus far I haven't been able to force myself to watch Ali Babba. :-)
  • sammanilla 2013/11/28 16:24:05
    sammanilla
    +6
    They are avoiding news because they can't stand The One and don't want to see, hear, or read about his criminal activity.

avoiding news hear read criminal activity
  • Pedalpusher 2013/11/28 16:14:24
    Pedalpusher
    +4
    Well it's refreshing to even see them post these figures. Usually if they say anything at all it's glossed over. Now Republicans need to get off their Royal rears and start coming up with changes that people can agree with. Start listening to the people they are supposed to be representing, come up with new and fresh ways. Like the things that got us in this Obamacare mess. How about a way that poor people who can afford insurance (and still won't be able to with Obamacare) and people with preexisting conditions can be singled out with special coverage and the rest can go back the way it was!! Why did all of us have to get all these policies changes when just those groups needed it! How about getting people off the Welfare rolls, how......make them earn it! Job's working for the cities and states, and government in jobs that benefit our country, Road clean up is one, helping rangers in parks another, cleaning up roadside rest areas.....I'm sure it they put their heads too it there are a lot more that can use extra help. And then a lot of them that have been dependent will be out trying to find better work for better pay, if they have to work for their benefits!! Money saved can be used to provide low cost medical care or insurance for those that can't get regular insurance....
    Well it's refreshing to even see them post these figures. Usually if they say anything at all it's glossed over. Now Republicans need to get off their Royal rears and start coming up with changes that people can agree with. Start listening to the people they are supposed to be representing, come up with new and fresh ways. Like the things that got us in this Obamacare mess. How about a way that poor people who can afford insurance (and still won't be able to with Obamacare) and people with preexisting conditions can be singled out with special coverage and the rest can go back the way it was!! Why did all of us have to get all these policies changes when just those groups needed it! How about getting people off the Welfare rolls, how......make them earn it! Job's working for the cities and states, and government in jobs that benefit our country, Road clean up is one, helping rangers in parks another, cleaning up roadside rest areas.....I'm sure it they put their heads too it there are a lot more that can use extra help. And then a lot of them that have been dependent will be out trying to find better work for better pay, if they have to work for their benefits!! Money saved can be used to provide low cost medical care or insurance for those that can't get regular insurance. Maybe even a special low tax on Ciggs, MJ in states where it's legal and even a few pennies on beer and liquor would pay for the special medical coverage. That's just medical, now start thinking "out of the box" for other things!
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2013/11/28 16:10:52
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I used to be a fan of CNN until Robin Meade broke in to a big toothy smile after telling a story of some carjacking where victims got shot. I changed the channel and never went back.

Robin Meade bobblehead
  • bettyboop 2013/11/28 16:01:48
    bettyboop
    +4
    The news is more about fashion and dancing with the stars and less about things that are important. It's become fluff.
  • CKarliner 2013/11/28 15:56:50
    CKarliner
    +4
    editing truth, propaganda and lies maybe?
  • OPOA912 2013/11/28 15:48:19
    OPOA912
    +7
    I realize that some will say Fox is too conservative, racist, and far right. But, 90% of the time Fox points out the corruption and unconstitutional actions of the government that the lame stream media tries to hide. It used to be the job of the free press to be the watch dog over the government, now the lame stream media has become the lap dog of the liberals and OZbama.
  • monk OPOA912 2013/11/28 17:00:29
    monk
    +3
    dood, i totally agree. why exactly has the media become so enamored of kissing the ass of government anyway?
  • Luca OPOA912 2013/11/28 19:40:32 (edited)
    Luca
    +1
    Fox is the ONLY News station that has 50% of its News Anchors are Liberals. 33-50% of their regular panelists are Liberal. 50% of their Commentators are Liberal. 50% of their OpEd Commentary Shows are "other" (independent, liberal, libertarian). Logic alone would suggest that if there is ANY chance of getting a "balanced" perspective, you cannot get it on a News Channel that only shows Liberal viewpoints.

I think the Left hates Fox because they are homophobes (Shepard Smith is gay) or they are racists (Juan Williams is black, Geraldo is hispanic). :-)
  • MW121 2013/11/28 15:25:21
    MW121
    +8
  • Cookie Monster 2013/11/28 15:23:59
  • Miss Capri 2013/11/28 14:52:32
    Miss Capri
    +3
    Any other sites besides Newsbusters reporting these stats?
  • Transqu... Miss Capri 2013/11/28 19:20:36
    Transquesta
    Good question, and not that I've been able to find. In defense of 'busters,' however, I haven't seen an adequate refutation, either.
  • Frank Stephens 2013/11/28 14:49:13
    Frank Stephens
    +4
    CNN and MSNBC are like the old Soviet Union's propaganda machine, Pravda. No thinking person wants to have propaganda spoon fed to them.
  • merlinskiss 2013/11/28 14:48:17
    merlinskiss
    +3
    Because they don't report news anymore and what they do report is distorted, I can't even remember the last time I watched CNN, FOX or MSNBC. Al Jazeera America has them beat as does world news on PBN.
  • thekoolaidparty! 2013/11/28 14:43:08
    thekoolaidparty!
    +1
    Yeah but Fox News already had terrible demographics (average age: 65+, even older for O'Reilly viewers!) and spent a good chunk of 2012 hemorrhaging viewers. And Cable News has low ratings to begin with. More adults watch something like Cartoon Network than cable news.
  • monk thekool... 2013/11/28 17:05:00 (edited)
    monk
    +2
    lol, and they still are beating CNN and MSNBC. you gotta admit, that's funny right there, i don't care who ya are... data image jpeg base64  9j 4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD gitrdun
  • Old Timer 2013/11/28 14:27:45
    Old Timer
    +2
    LIES and MISLEADING REPORTING
  • Giantfan 2013/11/28 14:09:03
    Giantfan
    +2
    We have better things to do in life then sit around watching news or listening to talk raido all day and night. Maybe Fox viewers are different. Maybe that's all they have or maybe it's their no. 1 priority. I'd rather be fishing, doing my photography or watching sports then sit around listening to opinionated people all day long.
  • RJeffreySavlov 2013/11/28 13:23:47
    RJeffreySavlov
    +4
    What this indicates is that people are fed up with biased partisan reporting and would like to get back to hearing the unvarnished truth.
  • Haole 2013/11/28 10:17:04
    Haole
    +4
    I'm actually a little surprised about CNN. Although the bias is there, they still make an attempt to give the impression of objective professional reporting. You still have to look into the story to find out what's really going on. MSNBC on the other hand is like a spoof of typical liberal news. They stretch the truth to the point where any truth is hard to recognize. It's as though they took all the criticism of network news casts and exaggerated so much it resembles a skit from a comedy show much more than any recognizable attempt at "journalism". I tune in now and then for a laugh but I can't imagine anyone could think they could depend on msnbc to deliver actual news to them.
  • Brian 2013/11/28 09:30:58
    Brian
    +5
    I'm hoping that Americans are starting to finally come out from under the effects of the drunken stupor of drinking the socialist wine of ignorance for so long.

But we have one hell of a hang over coming A drunk waking up

2014/07/23 09:51:09