Cindy Crawford's daughter, Kaia, makes modelling debut aged TEN in Versace campaign: Is she too young?

the_old_coach 2012/01/20 16:08:48

By Tamara Abraham

Last updated at 12:02 PM on 19th January 2012

• As the daughter of Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber, Kaia was always going to be a beauty.

Now, at the tender age of ten, she has made her modelling debut.

Posing for the very first Young Versace ad, Kaia appears to have inherited her mother's confidence in front of the camera.

Kaia Gerber

In the genes: Kaia Gerber, the ten-year-old daughter of Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber, in her modelling debut for Young Versace

Wearing highlights from the designer line, which caters to children up to the age of 12, she stares boldly at the lens with her hands in her pockets.

Given that her mother was a muse to the late Gianni Versace in the Nineties, it seems Kaia was a natural choice for the label - and Ms Crawford could not be more proud that her daughter is following in her footsteps.

She said in a press release: 'I'm so thrilled that Kaia was chosen to be part of the first Young Versace Campaign.

'I have so many fond memories of the times I spent with Gianni and Donatella. There is something so very special about the House of Versace.'

She added that she was present throughout the shoot, describing it as a 'fantastic experience'.

Like mother, like daughter: Ms Crawford with Kaia in Calabasas, California, last October

Like mother, like daughter: Ms Crawford with Kaia in Calabasas, last October

'I am so proud of her,' she revealed.

The label's creative director, Donatella Versace, said Kaia has inherited all of her mother's modelling magic.

She said: 'Like her mother, Kaia has a very special gift. The camera really, really loves her.

'Having Cindy on-set for the shoot took me back to all the amazing Avedon shoots we worked on together. It was such a special treat watching Kaia walk in her mother's footsteps!'

The campaign was shot by famed fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. It follows the opening of the first Young Versace boutique in Milan, Italy.

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2088381/...

• BrittanyXD 2012/02/06 01:20:09
      BrittanyXD
      If you enjoy what you are doing and she isn't being forced then yes it is okay for her. She is beautiful little girl.
    • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2012/01/28 10:04:46 (edited)
      studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
      Not in this case. Cindy Crawford was a top model for many years so she knows all the ins and outs of modeling. Who better to advise her daughter of the good, the bad and the ugly in the fashion industry. fashion industry
    • ShortyDoWop 2012/01/28 06:22:47
      ShortyDoWop
      +1
      she's very pretty i don't think momma will let anyone make her go too far
    • cate 2012/01/26 16:37:04
      cate
      +2
      As long as her Momma is with her (and I believe she will be) it is absolutely fine.
    • Sky Sky 2012/01/25 14:31:50
      Sky Sky
      +2
      I dont think its a big deal as long as its what she wants
    • Dodger 2012/01/23 07:17:19
      Dodger
      +3
      She's a stunning girl she looks like she enjoys what she's doing
    • Someone Else 2012/01/21 13:58:31
      Someone Else
      +1
      I don't know you tell me Baby Model
    • Jdogg 2012/01/21 05:48:34
      Jdogg
      +1
      Having a famous mom will also help her career also
    • OnyxRaven 2012/01/21 01:57:58
      OnyxRaven
      +2
      She's not too young to have her picture taken surely? She looks great and if she enjoys what she's doing, then good for her!
    • Jo 2012/01/20 18:09:08
      Jo
      +2
      no---her age has nothing to do with it:)
    • Racefish 2012/01/20 16:48:35
      Racefish
      +3
      Considering it's for a line of kid's clothes, no big deal.
    • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/01/20 16:44:27
      ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
      +1
      Wow, I would NEVER allow my 10 year old daughter to wear a skirt that short.
    • Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET 2012/01/20 16:30:40
      Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
      +1
      Socks with sandals...really? Not fashionable. Unless...
      http://img.ehowcdn.com/articl...
      Mainly its more cultural.
    • U-Dog 2012/01/20 16:26:19
      U-Dog
      +3
      I don't have a problem with kids modeling but I will never get the creepy fetish with needing to make them look twice their age and ready for womanhood.

Why not just hang a bloody pork chop around their necks and paint a big red target on their backs for all the pervs out there?
    • Reggie☮ 2012/01/20 16:12:05
      Reggie☮
      +1
      Apparently not.
    • the_old... Reggie☮ 2012/01/20 16:14:20
      the_old_coach
      +1
      LOL, ok I get THAT.
    • Reggie☮ the_old... 2012/01/20 16:39:07

2014/11/27 13:26:08