Christians: How do you feel about gays using God's Rainbow as their symbol?

Anthony Souls 2013/06/30 05:25:24
I think this has to be said for the record:
Did gay people purposely use the God's Rainbow to slap Christians and God in the face? I hate it. It sickens me. I never really said anything outright about it, but I think I will say something this time. Since the world is in an uproar about Gay marriage, I think it needs to be said. Gays should find another symbol to represent themselves.
What makes me more upset than gay marriage creating a generation upon generation of immorality is defiling and tainting God's Rainbow which He gave us as a promise to never flood the world again. It's like they have no respect for God or Christians or anything. Even if you don't believe in God, you should still show respect. It's sickening, really. It's an abomination.

Even though what I'm about to say seems like a joke, sounds funny maybe to some, it's not: It's like they are doing a Double Abomination. First they are committing gay sex which is an abomination to God, then they are using God's promise as their symbol. I mean really, come on. Sheesh. It just irks me on every level. Why God's Rainbow, why? It has to be plain evilness. I don't know. Can't really say since I didn't associate it with it.

In any event, I know this will change nothing. That people will continue to use the rainbow to symbolize themselves which is God's. I know this post might upset people, but it had to be said.

Just for the record, Make up another symbol which isn't related to God. Really. Sheesh. Well, now that I said it, it's said and I can just go on with things. :)

• runningintriangles 2013/06/30 05:32:44 (edited)
    Love it
    runningintriangles
    +13
    I may not be a Christian, but no real Christian would be as hateful as you are. People like you are not worth the dirt under your feet. The teachings of Jesus do NOT say to be a hateful, bigotted, small-minded, moron. They say be tolerant, loving, accepting, and judge not. Seriously.

People always ask me why I have a problem with Christianity. I don't, the ideals taught are wonderful. It's the hypocrites who misinterpret and abuse said ideals for their own agenda that I have a problem with.

• Nick 2013/08/29 19:37:53
    Hate it
    Nick
    The Rainbow doesn't belong to anyone. The Rainbow Flag originally represented Peace. Not homosexuality.
  • Gabriel Méndez 2013/07/04 19:15:20
    Hate it
    Gabriel Méndez
    Why would they change God's beautiful covenant into an abomination?
  • Rhonda 2013/07/03 03:40:11
    Hate it
    Rhonda
    I f anything, I think the rainbow symbol would better represent interracial marriages and families...what the heck do a bunch of different colors have to do with homosexuality? It's not even a logical symbol. It's like...dude, we need a symbol quick...uhhhhhh....look, there's a rainbow in my bedroom wallpaper! Good enough! What really gets up my nose is when they use the rainbow colors to replace the red and white stripes on the American Flag...that is horribly distasteful and disrespectful to veterans such as my step dad who gave his life for our country's TRUE flag and what it represents. It's actually against the law to pervert (no pun intended) the flag in any way shape or form.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2013/07/01 19:15:58
    Hate it
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    It is an attack on family values and religion.
  • kcoat 2013/07/01 15:13:25
  • RobertChristopherLaity 2013/07/01 06:28:00
    Love it
    RobertChristopherLaity
    +2
    I don't hate it. Gays are God's Children too. It is hard for anyone to reign in one's sex drive. Harder for Gays who must remain celibate or sin. Everyone has a sex drive. Sins of the Flesh occur in both same sex and opposite sex relationships. God deals with us individually, he reads our hearts.
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2013/07/01 04:33:12 (edited)
    Love it
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    Get over yourself. Your silly, antiquated god is as imaginary as your IQ. Religious bigotry and intolerance are far more of an abomination than homosexuality ever will be.

Note to SlaveWaterNymph:

If you weren't such a monumental coward, as well as a complete idiot, you might have waited for a response before blocking. Youg do is apparently just as much of a coward as you are, because he doesn't have the balls to exist.

Cee yoU Next Tuesday.
  • SlaveWa... Guru_T_... 2013/07/02 20:21:03
    SlaveWaterNymph
    you can get over yourself. :)
  • Al B Thayer 2013/06/30 23:05:32
    Hate it
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    Really bummed Jeff Gordon fans.
  • Nfinity 2013/06/30 21:47:34
    Love it
    Nfinity
    +4
    It shows God's love for our differences. A single color represents the unique individual we are, the whole rainbow represents that we are all God's children.
  • Piper 2013/06/30 21:00:33
    Love it
    Piper
    +3
    Genesis 9:12-13
    12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: 13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth."
  • Sofia ☆ Come Along, Pond 2013/06/30 20:59:42
    Love it
    Sofia ☆ Come Along, Pond
    +5
    "Even if you don't believe in God, you should still show respect" - and where is your respect for others?
    "First they are committing gay sex which is an abomination to God" - in the years I was christian, a lot of people told me that abomination is Hate, not Love. So, maybe you should see yourself in the mirror before calling others abominations.
    "I know this post might upset people, but it had to be said. " - actually, no, it didn't have to be said, because the rainbow, for what I know, it's not God's symbol in any way. It's the white dove. Or am I wrong?
    There is so much obvious flaws on your logic, that it makes me think you're a troll.
  • Rhonda Sofia ☆... 2013/09/04 16:37:21
    Rhonda
    I find it so ironic that the supporters of gay marriage preach Love, not Hate, tolerance and respect...but you will find more statements spewing this kind of garbage from those folks toward those with differing values and opinions. Where is their Love and tolerance? Huh?
    ! Here is a prime example "Get over yourself. Your silly, antiquated god is as imaginary as your IQ. Religious bigotry and intolerance are far more of an abomination than homosexuality ever will be.

Note to SlaveWaterNymph:

• Sofia ☆... Rhonda 2013/09/13 17:14:25
    Sofia ☆ Come Along, Pond
    I'll ignore whatever you just said and say that you really shouldn't generalize. I don't spread hate, and I don't insult other people religion, so I really advice you to inform yourself first about someone before trying to insult them. Have a nice life.
  • Jason Sofia ☆... 2013/10/12 21:18:07
    Jason
    +3
    It symbolizes God's promise, not God Himself.
  • Sofia ☆... Jason 2013/10/13 00:03:19 (edited)
    Sofia ☆ Come Along, Pond
    In all the years I have been around Christians, not even one person talked about rainbows (*being God symbol).And I practically live on the side of a church with a lot of people that live and believe in this religion fiercely. Like I said, I heard about the dove, but never about the rainbow ( -_-)
  • Jason Sofia ☆... 2013/11/09 20:31:28
    Jason
    I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

~Genesis 9:13
  • Sofia ☆... Jason 2013/11/10 21:17:19
    Sofia ☆ Come Along, Pond
    The question is homosexuals using the rainbow. The person that did this poll, gave the impression that rainbows represented God. The rainbow is not God symbol. That's my point.
  • ZeldaFan13 2013/06/30 20:13:34
    Love it
    ZeldaFan13
    +5
    Our Rainbow isn't God's. Our Rainbow is a spectrum of colors from the sun... -_-

And the reason why the Rainbow is used for Gay Pride is because of Judy Garland's "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"... look up the history of Gay Pride.
  • Gabriel... ZeldaFan13 2013/07/04 19:24:51
    Gabriel Méndez
    Yes, but what/who caused all these things to happen? (The rainbow, the elements, etc.) God said that the rainbow was His covenant.
  • ZeldaFan13 Gabriel... 2013/07/04 22:55:40
    ZeldaFan13
    +1
    There's no proof of evidence of God, therefore that's just a belief. You can't actually PROVE that God created these things because there's no proof he exists. Unlike beliefs, there's actual solid evidence that Rainbows are a spectrum of colors from the SUN. So, until you can actually provide evidence that God exists, your beliefs aren't valid.
  • Gabriel... ZeldaFan13 2013/07/11 05:27:28 (edited)
    Gabriel Méndez
    +1
    Well, what's the definition of FAITH? Belief WITHOUT evidence. Just because you can't see Him, doesn't mean He doesn't exist. And how do you think life came on the planet? Of course, not by evolution... I think God feels more appreciated when people have faith in Him. To me, being an atheist is like having no mother or father. Another question, have you ever read the Bible? (KJV Recommended)
  • ZeldaFan13 Gabriel... 2013/07/11 19:56:14 (edited)
    ZeldaFan13
    +1
    Oh yea that's right! I totally forgot when it comes to something like religion, God, etc... it doesn't require proof or evidence because it's all "faith"... But God forbid the idea of someone being BORN Gay needs proof or evidence to back it up! Nice hypocrisy! You're an idiot.

I was BORN Gay. I didn't choose to be this way. Homosexuality is NOT sinful or an abomination! And guess what? I don't need any fricken evidence of this! You know why? Because I have FAITH! I believe I was BORN Gay, therefore I don't need to provide proof! Just because you don't see a Gay trait inside me doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's still there. You just gotta have faith! ;)
  • Gabriel... ZeldaFan13 2013/07/14 01:28:52 (edited)
    Gabriel Méndez
    +1
    There is no need for sarcasm. And yes, I believe homosexual ACTS, THOUGHTS, etc. are sins. And don't get so mad over a discussion. No need for mockery either. You just don't get it, I think. And I'm not an idiot.
  • ZeldaFan13 Gabriel... 2013/07/14 01:30:56
    ZeldaFan13
    +1
    Just as I thought. You're filled with nothing but hypocrisy and ignorance.
  • Gabriel... ZeldaFan13 2013/07/14 01:34:14 (edited)
    Gabriel Méndez
    Hypocrisy is common in EVERYONE. And I guess being ignorant makes two of us, doesn't it? Indeed, there is much hypocrisy in Christianity, but is that a good excuse to become an atheist/ unbeliever?
  • ZeldaFan13 Gabriel... 2013/07/14 02:42:05
    ZeldaFan13
    WOW... lol
  • Jason ZeldaFan13 2013/10/12 21:21:23
    Jason
    +1
    The resort to when one can't argue anymore. We love gay people, but they're showing us their sexuality, rather than themselves and the things that non LGBT supporters can appreciate for them. That's why it appears as if Christians "hate" homosexuals.
  • Sofia ☆... Gabriel... 2013/10/13 00:07:36
    Sofia ☆ Come Along, Pond
    "there is much hypocrisy in Christianity, but is that a good excuse to become an atheist/ unbeliever?" - it's not an excuse. It's a reason, and it's a good one, for what I see. Tell me, honestly, how much do you trust a person that you know it's a hypocrite? Sincerely, I can't trust that person that much.
  • Gabriel... Sofia ☆... 2013/10/17 15:48:03
    Gabriel Méndez
    I know, I know. One cannot trust anybody, right? I believe that it says in the Bible to not trust in man.
  • Bastion 2013/06/30 19:40:07
    Love it
    Bastion
    +5
    You are going to spend the rest of your life being a very unhappy person if you continue to believe that you can pick and choose which of your God's creations is beautiful and which is ugly.

The anti-gay passages in the Bible were written by humans thousands of years ago. Those humans have blinded you to reality, and now have YOU judging your own God's works. You've made a huge mistake by aligning yourself with the forces of ignorance and hate.

If you do not adamantly oppose wearing clothing make with two different fabrics, you are picking and choosing your biblical "abominations". Shame on you.
  • VanH0he... Bastion 2013/08/02 14:59:50
    VanH0henheim
    +1
    How do you even know God without a bible which men have written? If you don't believe in the God of the bible your God is not the same as our God. Secondly there are key differences between the old testament and the new testament but in both homosexuality is a sin. When you don't even understand the Bible using it in your defense is not very wise.
  • Bastion VanH0he... 2013/08/02 15:17:47
    Bastion
    It's all stories made up by humans.

There is no god, no sin. There IS good and evil, concepts made up by humans.

Denying other humans the right to live their own lives apart from your rules and judgement is evil.
    Love, undestanding and acceptance are good.

It's really very simple, until you bring bronze-age mythology into it.
  • Jason Bastion 2013/10/12 21:22:51
    Jason
    +2
    You don't understand...
  • Bastion Jason 2013/10/12 21:37:14
    Bastion
    What don't I understand?
  • Jason Bastion 2013/11/03 01:33:04
    Jason
    I mean that God is real, but it takes faith and insight. That's a reason why there's no proof of God's existence- He wants people to believe He is real, not just to know out of what proof provides.
  • Jason Jason 2013/11/03 01:38:36
    Jason
    And hear me out; I do not have any contempt in my heart for gay people. I only have a hard time tolerating our disagreements. I have a couple of friends who are gay, and I love them because they understand that I can love them without concurring with their beliefs.

Love, understanding and acceptance are good, but there's a path in which each takes you, and they all must be navigated with wisdom and boundaries.
  • Bastion Jason 2013/11/03 10:10:15
    Bastion
    "navigated with wisdom and boundaries', developed by reason and empathy applied to knowledge, NOT written down thousands of years ago by humans with an agenda and never re-examined.
  • Jason Bastion 2013/11/09 20:36:20
    Jason
    That can be corresponded with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, you know.
  • Bastion Jason 2013/11/03 10:08:13
    Bastion
    That's what the humans who benefit(ed) from people's belief in the mythology said.

2014/11/01 04:08:42