Christians: Are you setting a Christ-like example here on SH?

★misfit★ 2012/07/02 15:40:37
Yes, I try my best.
No, I realize that I'm failing in this area.
I'm not a Christian but want to comment.
I admit I don't always. Sometimes when someone is nasty to me, I'm just as vicious in return. But I'm trying.
This is just a question to get you thinking. I'm not pointing any fingers at any particular person. Please put the hate and conflict aside for just a moment to honestly consider what kind of example you're setting and if a non-Christian would be drawn to Christ by your behavior.

• **StarzAbove** 2012/07/05 23:31:51
    Yes, I try my best.
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    I try to be polite and nice but it's getting harder and harder every day. I especially dislike it when a Christian is always spouting how good they are, quoting scriptures to others and then when someone disagrees or says something they don't like, out comes the real person, swearing, name calling...............that's what I call a real HYPOCRITE.

• Fighting4U 2012/07/06 17:37:49
    Yes, I try my best.
    Fighting4U
    +2
    I have a sense of humor, so sometimes I like to say off the wall things, but it is all in good fun.
  • Vision of Verve 2012/07/06 17:25:08
    Yes, I try my best.
    +2
    I am me.
  • Wesloco 2012/07/06 14:33:22
    Yes, I try my best.
    Wesloco
    +2
    The political polls are the ones that sometimes get hot and on those I try to keep things to the facts but many times people are just blinded by emotion and go overboard and that's when, well I don't exactly turn the other cheek but, I just leave it alone.
  • Jan Haskell 2012/07/05 23:43:25
    Yes, I try my best.
    Jan Haskell
    +1
    I really do try my best, but I'm far from perfect.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/07/05 23:31:51
    Yes, I try my best.
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
  • Missile 2012/07/02 17:21:48
    Yes, I try my best.
    Missile
    +3
    But it isn't always easy.Thank goodness for grace.
  • Clay Slayer 2012/07/02 16:35:16 (edited)
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    It they were not so damned Hypocritical... It tickles me to see the "Good Christians" result to tantrums when their beliefs are in Question and they have no answers for those questions , so they resort to child like antics to retaliate for their ignorance of their own religion... LMAO

However they come by it Honestly,, Jesus himself was prone to Childish tantrums and striking out... Look at the story of the Fig Tree... And the Using of a whip on people at the temple... OH well there went perfection.,,,LMAO

The story about Jesus cursing a fig tree for not producing figs when he was hungry is really stupid. First of all, if Jesus can cure the dead, he can cure his own hunger. Second, if he wanted figs on the damn fig tree, he could have made them (he made the fishes and loaves, remember?). Thirdly, why curse a fig tree?? What good did that do? It whithered up (the Gospels disagree as to when, however). Why not just kick it, or pull it out of the ground... or, why not just realize that it's not fig season?? What a dumbass!
  • ★misfit★ Clay Sl... 2012/07/06 00:24:45
    ★misfit★
    Jesus didn't curse the fig tree because he was mad. He did it so he could use it as a parable. As for the incident in the temple, his anger was justified because the money changers were using the temple as a place to scam people. He wasn't lashing out at random people, only those who were misusing it.
  • Clay Sl... ★misfit★ 2012/07/06 12:31:00
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    LOL. A parable? then you mean the story is fictional? Lieing to make a point??
  • ★misfit★ Clay Sl... 2012/07/06 15:26:55 (edited)
    ★misfit★
    No, you misinterpreted my words. Jesus actually did curse the fig tree, but so he could USE it symbolically. Perhaps I should have said "object-lesson" instead of "parable" since a parable usually implies a story, and this is an action. JESUS was giving the object-lesson to his disciples by cursing the fig tree. If you're still confused, you can read more about it here. http://www.christiancourier.c...
    Btw, if you think parables and object lessons are lying, then you must really hate teachers because they're a very common teaching tool to this day. People are supposed to KNOW that the story itself is fictional, but gain a greater understanding of some truth through it.
  • rightside 2012/07/02 16:06:12
    Yes, I try my best.
    rightside
    +1
    I do my best to not hate but tell the truth. Some find the truth to be hateful, but lying would be even worse.
  • BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET) 2012/07/02 15:50:21
    BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET)
    +1
    Some are very nice people, some aren't. I have had dealings with both types of Christians.

And I doubt you will get any of the loons to set aside the hate and conflict. Its all they seem to know.
  • 666_Maggots~I'm a female! 2012/07/02 15:50:06 (edited)
    666_Maggots~I'm a female!
    +1
    I'm not a Christian but I don't care, this needs to be said. *Most* of these "people" tend to only insult me for being a Satanist. They told me I sacrifice blonde virgins and eat babies. I was also told I rape, cheat, steal, lie, and murder. I was told I don't deserve equal rights AND I was told I have mental issues and never given enough attention at home. Okay, so before ANY of you idiots say you do, think about what you say to other people. Only about 5% can say they act "Christ-like".
  • ★misfit★ 666_Mag... 2012/07/02 16:12:36
    ★misfit★
    +2
    I'm very sorry and ashamed to hear that.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/07/02 15:44:52
    HarleyCharley
    +1
    I'll try harder...

2014/09/15 23:14:28