Christ - Lord of time and all creation

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/12/17 14:50:12
He is Lord of all.
Who's He?
I have another thought.
It's Christmas. So most of us think of Christ lying in a manger.

But did you realize that Christ transcends time?

Christ, as God, made time. So He stands outside it, and it cannot constrain Him.

A good thing to hang onto, in an evil world.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/12/17...

• Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/12/17 15:52:19
    He is Lord of all.
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +12
    Yes I know this.......

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

hmmm

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
    No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. John 1: 14-18

• Burnjuan 2013/04/13 18:00:10
    I have another thought.
    Burnjuan
  • debhead 2013/04/11 20:38:04 (edited)
    I have another thought.
    debhead
    If you need that to keep you strong. Strength comes from within. So do many things you ask an unseen, unproven God. Try believing in yourself. Don't you think you think your capable of doing that alone. Your energy and thought is what makes things happen. And if you don't succeed don't blame a God who you think doesn't find you worthy. Maybe you didn't try hard enough or maybe something else stopped you. I believe things are possible within me until I'm proven wrong. Then I move on. I am responsible for me.
  • QUIS EVADET 2013/04/10 20:47:01
    I have another thought.
    QUIS EVADET
    No. Jesus is not a Time Lord.
    That's Dr. Who.
    Dr Who
    The Hebrew God was invented about 5000 years ago and the Universe is billions of years older. So, "God" did not invent time. lol!
    Speaking of Christ lying in a manger...
    time for jesus to come out
  • charles nelson 2013/04/10 15:53:02
    I have another thought.
    charles nelson
    pity the poor sheep
  • Sew 2013/04/10 15:41:38
    I have another thought.
    Sew
    "But did you realize that Christ transcends time?"

Really? That's interesting. How do you know this? Since time itself only exist as perception. That the universe in and of itself has no concpet of time or anything. Time is measured by us(and arguably other animals) via frame of reference. Are you saying that Christ doesn't percieve time? Wouldn't it come into existence as soon as he did? And if it didn't how did he create it? Or better yet how did he come into existence? Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just saying stuff that sounds deep and mystical for effect?
  • BHGOzzy 2013/04/10 04:59:45
    I have another thought.
    BHGOzzy
    Where does it say that God, in whatever name you choose to use for it, created time?

I realize this is April but still...
  • hapman 2013/04/10 02:58:31
    I have another thought.
    hapman
  • scbluesman13 2013/04/10 00:07:09
    I have another thought.
    scbluesman13
  • JoLost 2013/04/09 19:52:11
    I have another thought.
    JoLost
    +1
    Yawn. SSDD...
  • Earthly Resident 2013/04/09 18:44:59
    I have another thought.
    Earthly Resident
    +3
    this whole creationism argument is one big loop around of inconsistencies, and the only people who buy it seem to have no concept of what space and time really is. any god as we would be able to know them would have to be a product OF space and time because before time there was nothing to give rise to ANYTHING. leading to 1 or 2 possibilities, either God not the creator and was born of the universe itself, or is a being composed of things that the human mind isn't even remotely capable of understanding and rendering all religious texts and beliefs completely irrelevant
  • rand 2013/04/09 18:25:13
    I have another thought.
    rand
    +2
    Christ didn't set himself up with these types of homages; power brokers at the Council of Nicea did. Christ was humble. "I am a Christian in the only sense in which he wanted anyone to be: sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence; and believing he never claimed any other." Thomas Jefferson
  • Augure3VI 2013/04/09 17:49:19
  • HipJipC 2013/04/09 16:34:23
    I have another thought.
    HipJipC
    +3
    He may or may not have existed. I don't know I was no witness to his existence and those who allegedly witnessed his existence are mere humans. I've learned through life that humans LIE and they LIE well and a lot. And the biggest reason they LIE is usually for personal gain or protection. What makes me suspect?? The subjugation of women, slaves and animals in the bible and in the very laws of men. Also, another BIG clue. Killing an innocent to be forgiven of one's sins ... a total lack of being responsible for your own actions and accepting just punishment for them. What a bunch of CRAP!! MAN created God in HIS image and set himself as King to lay his perverse nature upon the land and making it GOOD because it is what pleases HIM. And he created HELL as HIS final resting place. I want no part of something I did not create. HE (MAN) made the bed and HE can lay in it.
  • bob h. 2013/04/09 15:07:00
    I have another thought.
    bob h.
    +5
    I believe the cheese is slipping off your cracker.
  • Jesterz 2013/04/09 13:43:01
    I have another thought.
    Jesterz
    +5
    I beg to differ... The "lord of time" would be Chronos...

As for the master of all... There is still time to repent and dip yourself in its holy marinara...

flying spaghetti monster
  • BHGOzzy Jesterz 2013/04/10 05:01:05
    BHGOzzy
    I thought the Time Lord was this chap
    Dr Who
  • Jesterz BHGOzzy 2013/04/10 12:08:47
    Jesterz
    +1
    Nah... He's just the official maintenance guy... ;o)
  • Hakking 2013/04/09 13:25:46
  • POWERSHAKER 2013/04/09 13:17:25
  • irish 2013/04/09 13:04:42
    I have another thought.
    irish
    +1
    ask yourself this! what is the point of this being making humans and a planet? and making an inferior copy of itself to boot. for what purpose? there is none.
  • BHGOzzy irish 2013/04/10 05:04:46 (edited)
    BHGOzzy
    +2
    If you go by the Bible's stories... the purpose is a sadistic version of The Sims where the end of the game involves murdering everyone for the sheer pleasure of it and then forcing those who where hand picked to be in "Heaven" to eternally worship the player all the time with no rest.
  • irish BHGOzzy 2013/04/10 12:09:01
    irish
    +1
    exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jesferkicks 2013/04/09 12:22:53
    I have another thought.
    Jesferkicks
    +3
    If Christ is the main man, lord or whatever, what does the other god (the father god) do?
    He just an old has-been?
  • Fanghur 2013/03/04 22:38:13
    I have another thought.
    Fanghur
    +4
    Legend at best, fictional at worst. Either way, the entire story of Jesus is one of the most sickeningly immoral and obscene stories I have every heard, and I find it disgusting that anyone could actually call such a thing loving and just.
  • BHGOzzy Fanghur 2013/04/10 05:05:50
    BHGOzzy
    +2
    Optimus Prime makes a better Jesus than Jesus
    Optimus Prime vs Jesus
  • Fanghur BHGOzzy 2013/04/10 11:19:34
  • BHGOzzy Fanghur 2013/04/10 13:24:24
    BHGOzzy
    +1
    Optimus Prime: He Died 12 times (At least) For Your Sins, Still Doesn't Ask For Anything.
  • Frank Stephens 2013/01/27 04:19:13
    He is Lord of all.
    Frank Stephens
    +1
    Francis Shaeffer wrote an outstandingly thoughtful book on this subject of the God of time and space titled "Genesis in Space and Time." A truly great and worthwhile read -- the origins of the universe, the origins of life and the origin of man.
  • BHGOzzy Frank S... 2013/04/10 05:12:29
    BHGOzzy
    Several scientists also wrote some pretty compelling papers on the origins of the universe, the solar system and humanity.

Many Astrophysicists, particle physicists and quantum physicists have written beautiful explanations on deep time, the early universe and its fascinating development. Dr Niall Degrasse Tyson, for instance, has several lectures available on that very subject, as he is an astrophysicist who runs the Haden Planetarium in NYC.

These same astrophysicists also wrote papers about the formation of our early solar system and the development of it from its initial chaotic state to now, including why Mars no longer supports life. All really fascinating stuff, if you have a thirst for knowledge backed by evidence and supported by research and experimental data.

The same can be said of the biological record, with biologists, including the celebrated (and reviled) Professor Richard Dawkins, have written many papers, given many lecutres, on evolution and the life history of the Earth, including that of humanity. Anthropolgists and Archaeologists work hard to uncover our own deep history and share it with the world, making even more fascinating stories.

You should seek them out. Not only are they well written, like your book, but they have verifiable facts and beautifully documented evidence in them.
  • zeldamaster17~平和 2012/12/26 23:05:57
    I have another thought.
    zeldamaster17~平和
    +6
    He exists as santa does: In your head
  • thnk4yrslf 2012/12/25 19:43:48
    I have another thought.
    thnk4yrslf
    +5
    Evolution...
  • Colin 2012/12/19 12:46:41
    He is Lord of all.
    Colin
    +1
    "...the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord..." ( Romans 1v2)
  • Ramon 2012/12/19 02:06:19
    He is Lord of all.
    Ramon
    +2
    Christ is my Lord and Savior....and yours too whether you choose to believe it or not.

christ
  • Super l... Ramon 2012/12/20 04:15:10
  • Ramon Super l... 2012/12/20 12:26:28
    Ramon
    +1
    Thanks...I thought so too.
  • HistoryBuff782 2012/12/18 20:30:33
    I have another thought.
    HistoryBuff782
  • Theresa 2012/12/18 15:25:07
    He is Lord of all.
    Theresa
    +2
    Think out of the box
  • BHGOzzy Theresa 2013/04/10 05:13:16
    BHGOzzy
    +1
    Free Thinkers do just that.
  • Tradd 2012/12/18 15:16:17
    I have another thought.
    Tradd
    +9
    Even if Jesus existed AND was the son of god, which I don't believe, he was not the lord and he did not create the world and he did not stand outside of time because he didn't even exist until the "virgin" Mary gave birth to him. He was born a mortal and he died. He was a human being if he even existed in the first place so even if after he died then came back then left and went to heaven, hes AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER. they are not one being.
  • Ramon Tradd 2012/12/19 02:18:58
    Ramon
    You just have to read the Bible to see that your statement is not correct.

Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” When first encountered, this might not seem to be a claim to be God. However, when we look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement, “For a good work we stone thee not; replied the Jews, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.” (John 10:33). Now we see an actual claim. The Jews understood Jesus’ statement to be a claim to be God. In the following verses, Jesus never corrects the Jews by saying, “I did not claim to be God.” That indicates Jesus was truly saying He was God by declaring, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, "I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. " Again, in response, the Jews take up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus (John 8:59). Why would the Jews want to stone Jesus if He hadn’t said something they believed to be blasphemous, namely, a claim to be God? John repeatedly tells us of the Lord's connection to "I Am". See John: 4:26, 8:24, 8:28, 8:58,and 13:19. The Apostle Paul tells us that Jesus "..is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visi...

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, "I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. " Again, in response, the Jews take up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus (John 8:59). Why would the Jews want to stone Jesus if He hadn’t said something they believed to be blasphemous, namely, a claim to be God? John repeatedly tells us of the Lord's connection to "I Am". See John: 4:26, 8:24, 8:28, 8:58,and 13:19. The Apostle Paul tells us that Jesus "..is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." (Colossians 1:15-17)

John 1:1 says that “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says that “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, "...Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased the church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

2014/12/22 23:29:15