Children dropping puppies

Yosyp 2012/03/25 11:00:57
At the park with my nephew the other day a little girl , probably about 5 was holding her puppy above her head and dropping it, couple other people as well as myself told her stop but she ignored us, I told her mother who was chatting away with other mothers and she actually got irritated with me, She did tell her daughter to stop but in a matter of fact way. No discipline.

Whats your opinion of all of this?

• U-Dog 2012/03/25 11:24:41 (edited)
    U-Dog
    +4
    At the point where the mother ignored the situation, and depending on the particular circumstances, I would have pulled out my cell phone and informed the mother that I was going to collect video evidence of animal abuse to turn over to the proper authorities when they arrive.

• Nightmusic 2012/03/26 00:19:00
    Nightmusic
    +1
    You should have called the police.
  • Mikel_mad2002 2012/03/25 18:26:51
    Mikel_mad2002
    +1
    Obviously her little "darling" can do no wrong. Of course if you physically stopped this animal cruelty, her mother would have sued you big time
  • Honeybuns 2012/03/25 17:09:45
    Honeybuns
    Well the little girl is only 5 years old. That's probally how she plays with her toys by throwing them and dropping them. But if the mother did not do anything after you told her. I would have just mind my business. Because the puppy does belong to the little girl and her mother. and if the the mother does not care. Then i would not care that much either. But i don't like seeing animals being abuse. But on the other hand i would not wanna start a argument with the mother.
  • Yosyp Honeybuns 2012/03/25 17:51:29
    Yosyp
    Thanks for your comment but I'm going to have to disagree with you, I'm sorry now I didn't do more, if this is being done in public imagine the harm that poor puppy is receiving in their home. Sure it's there puppy but it's a living creature and does not deserve to be abused.
  • Honeybuns Yosyp 2012/03/25 17:53:54
    Honeybuns
    +1
    Yeah i know but what could you have done? its not your puppy. is there some kind of police you can call for a puppy being abuse. Im not sure that's why im asking.
  • Yosyp Honeybuns 2012/03/25 17:58:40
    Yosyp
    There are laws against animal abuse , I think something might would had been done if I called the police or animal abuse organization
  • Honeybuns Yosyp 2012/03/25 18:03:05
    Honeybuns
    +1
    Yeah they would of probally took the dog away from the little girl and her mother. Then the little girl would be mad at you. lol because you took away her dog. Well puppy . Then you would of crush the little girl heart. How would you fell then?
  • Yosyp Honeybuns 2012/03/25 18:13:22 (edited)
    Yosyp
    if it saves a puppy from life of torture I would be okay with it. :)
  • Honeybuns Yosyp 2012/03/25 18:16:00
    Honeybuns
    +1
    Oh ok well yeah that's true . I guess the little girl would get over. soon or later.
  • Texas Gal 2012/03/25 13:48:29
    Texas Gal
    +1
    The authorities needed to be called. After saying something to the mother and she didn't do anything to stop the abuse, I would have stepped away and called the authorities so she wasn't aware - so that upon their arrival they could see what was happening. While waiting for the authorities to arrive - go back to the area so she would know that it wasn't going unnoticed. Not give her the opportunity to stop it - only for the moment. I would want the authorities to take custody of the puppy.
  • Yosyp Texas Gal 2012/03/25 17:52:53
    Yosyp
    +1
    You are right , I should have called the authorities.
  • Texas Gal Yosyp 2012/03/26 01:14:43
    Texas Gal
    +1
    It's easier to come to a conclusion when you have time to sit and think about it than if you are right in the middle of it. I understand.
  • Aingean 2012/03/25 11:36:11
    Aingean
    +3
    Even my two year old knows better then to be mean to animals. I can't believe the mother was so heartless and did nothing about it before you said something. I absolutely hate animal abusers and kids have to learn early not to treat animals badly, thats how they turn on people.
  • Yosyp Aingean 2012/03/25 17:53:19
    Yosyp
    I agree
  • DizziNY 2012/03/25 11:33:27
    DizziNY
    +2
    I would have taken the puppies from them and called the police.
  • U-Dog 2012/03/25 11:24:41 (edited)
    U-Dog
    +4
  • Yosyp U-Dog 2012/03/25 11:29:29
    Yosyp
    +1
    I should have done that
  • Nightmusic Yosyp 2012/03/26 00:55:05
    Nightmusic
    Don't feel so bad. It's a live and learn world. Next time you'll know what to do. And maybe the dog will be okay. It won't be a puppy for long.

2014/09/30 22:27:16