Child survives river by floating in toy truck for 8 miles. Should his parents be taken to court.

luv2skate89 2009/07/15 17:25:03
Demetrius Jones just had an accident the parent's shouldn't be taken to court
Demetrius Jones should have been watched more closely by his parents
I think Demetrius Jones' ride down river on a toy truck...
Canadian Demetrius Jones was found clinging to his power wheels toy after floating 8 miles down Peace river in only a t-shirt and diaper. The three-year old's parents called for search and rescue after losing him and two hours later he was safely on shore once more. Should Demetrius' parents be charged with child neglect?

• spartan117 2009/09/03 16:07:08 (edited)
    spartan117
    dude that would be awesome!
  • twilight fanatic 2009/07/26 12:38:18
    twilight fanatic
    OMG.....noone can help a flood that takes people...at least he's safe!!!
  • simona 2009/07/22 19:54:22
    simona
    Until we know more I see it as and accident. Mistakes do happen you know.
  • kaykay7293 2009/07/21 02:28:36
    kaykay7293
    they called for a search and rescue. its not like they threw him in.
  • Robby 2009/07/21 00:39:35
    Robby
    ... but I don't think they should be taken to court.
  • ~YeLLaPoPsIcLe~ 2009/07/19 06:44:13
    ~YeLLaPoPsIcLe~
    Parents shld hav been watching the lil guy..he is only 3 ....he needs parents around watching him
  • Hope & Love 2009/07/16 17:09:11
    Hope & Love
    he should have been watched more, his parents should THANK God he is okay but I believe the time that the child was missing from them was enough Hell
  • HeliAce 2009/07/16 08:55:30
    HeliAce
    +1
    Obviously they cared enough to call a search and rescue team.
  • ☠PoisonGirl~Stay(sic)!☠ 2009/07/15 21:39:55
    ☠PoisonGirl~Stay(sic)!☠
    it depends on wht the parents were doin i mean if they were at like a bar then yea but if they were in a big group and he wander off before anyone could see wher he went then not really
  • Royal Warrior 2009/07/15 21:34:28
    Royal Warrior
    +1
    As a parent, I know that NO parent watches a child all the time. If you do, you are killing the child with over protection. The child who is crippled by fears learned from a parent who obsessively watched, over-protected and tried to shield against all problems, is in as much trouble in adult, as the child whose parents who showed no love or concern.
    You set an older child to watch a younger child, the older child's attention wanders for a second, and WHAM! You look away to check your other children (which you'd better do) and WHAM! You hear a weird noise while you're camping, you look to see if it's a bear (you'd better check this in Canada, bear are meaner problems than rivers) and WHAM. You just cannot constantly monitor your children.
    In this case. Better to be thankful to God that the boy isn't dead and leave it at that.
  • sheila 2009/07/15 21:23:42
    sheila
    you know if his parents were watching him more closely that shit would have never happened. i think that something should happen to them. he's a three year old baby, and unsupervised at that, what do you think?
  • sarah lou 2009/07/15 20:13:51
    sarah lou
    he is only three what was he doing unsupervised near a river his parent should be taken to court they cant look after him properly
  • ♥əmma~*In Padfoot I trust*~♥ 2009/07/15 19:13:52
    ♥əmma~*In Padfoot I trust*~♥
    But court? No
  • Common Sense Conservative 2009/07/15 19:04:30
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    They should be praised for buying their child a Mini HUMMER.
  • Hope & ... Common ... 2009/07/16 17:09:58
    Hope & Love
    +1
    hahahahaaa!
  • Its me..Kasey! 2009/07/15 18:21:11
    Its me..Kasey!
    Ok Whenever Commercials Or Stores Sell Something Like This Toy Car This Kid Had, It always Says ADULT SUPERVISION , I Dont Know How The Hell These Parents Would Not Be Concerned about Watching Their Kid. If They Did Not Watch, An Even Worse Accident Could Have Happened And They Would Have Been Very Guilty.
  • *Love is great when you fin... 2009/07/15 18:19:38
    *Love is great when you finally find it*
    thats what you call irreresponsible parents. yes they need to go to court, and my question is why didnt they jump in after him?
  • sheila *Love i... 2009/07/15 21:25:10
    sheila
    i agree with you very much.
  • *Love i... sheila 2009/07/15 21:26:09
    i mean come on keep an eye on ur kids. wtf.. that kid could have died. its not that hard to watch ur kids and if ur not responsible enough to do that shouldn't have had them in the first place
  • sheila *Love i... 2009/07/15 21:28:42
    sheila
    thank you. i'm a mother of a 17 month old baby. i wouldn't have had my son at a river in the first place, but if something ever happened i would put my life on the line for him in a heartbeat.
  • *Love i... sheila 2009/07/15 21:30:36
    me too.. they seem irresponsible to me
  • H-Dizzle 2009/07/15 18:12:10
    H-Dizzle
    How do you lose your kid down the river like that and not just jump in after him. These parents need to be flogged!
  • jennifer 2009/07/15 17:39:08
    jennifer
    The question is how the hell did he fall into the river with his toy truck, and were the hell were his parent's???
    It doesn't sound like they were taking good care of him but I do not know the whole story but the facts given it doesn't look to good for the parents.
  • Royal W... jennifer 2009/07/15 21:36:07
    Royal Warrior
    They were probably close to a ramp (boat entry to the river) and the boy just rode the truck in. Ya think your child knows NOT to do something, and probably they know, but they don't always obey.
  • BURNT OUT! 2009/07/15 17:36:31
    BURNT OUT!
    im more for public ridicule from their peers and community than legal proceedings.

2014/07/31 21:47:06