Child Beauty Pageants: Should be ban ?

Don 2012/02/21 03:10:57
You’ve probably heard of the TLC Toddler’s & Tiaras show where young girls get make up, fake hair, andYou’ve probably heard of the TLC Toddler’s & Tiaras show where young girls get make up, fake hair, and all sorts of other things (like having eyebrow waxes) to participate in a kind of a beauty contest. Here are the pictures from the unusual episode of the series in which the moms of the little contestants were asked to wear the same pageant costumes and to undergo the same preparations to feel better what they are putting their girls through. all sorts of other things (like having eyebrow waxes) to participate in a kind of a beauty contest. Here are the pictures from the unusual episode of the series in which the moms of the little contestants were asked to wear the same pageant costumes and to undergo the same preparations to feel better what they are putting their girls through.

Stupid Mothers and Child Beauty Pageants

Read More: http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/02/16/toddlers-t...

• Awwmandawashere 2012/02/21 03:21:09
    Awwmandawashere
    +6
    Little kids shouldn't be putting on makeup they should be playing with their friends and have FUN. Do parents not know that there are people out there that want to hurt little kids? Pedophiles are everywhere and you never know if you let your children do that if your putting them in safe hands. I wouldn't do that if I had a kid wait until they are at the age where they are dependent on themselves before you have them have eating disorders because they are judged on the way they look. These parents are the reason that children grow up thinking vanity is the only thing people look at if your ugly you need to change that. I don't watch Toddler's & Tiaras because they look disgusting in all that make up and the things they make them do I get shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

• Broom 2012/11/14 14:23:18
    Broom
    Give me a break...

It's the PARENTS who are dressing their children up like this. All the stupid vanity, the dumb clothing, putting pressure on the kids, most of the kids are either too young to understand a pageant. Then the other coin where folks wonder how kids become so vain and focused on outer-apperances. Well, they learn that from pushy mommies bent on living their lives through their 2-year old babies just to win some $300 bucks and a society that sexualizes young people at a young age and pretending it doesn't at the same time(Yea, i'm talking about YOU MTV, Magazines, Radio, Clothing Industry ect). America has sexualize females in particular for a very, long time. We have the average young folk walking around in "booty shorts" and showing midriff and shoulders than anything else, yet it's ironic how people are suddenly "shocked" at beauty-paegents!

Uh hello, society has been indirectly "sexualizing" young folk for a long time! Suggestive radio lyrics, magazines, yep. Yet folks still scratch their heads and wonder why things like "teen pregnancies" happen. Back in 1960 there weren't a lot of teen pregnancies because sexual-themed things were uh, looked down upon? Girls actually had to wear clothes past the ankles.

Now their wearing clothes almost up their buttcra...

Give me a break...

Now their wearing clothes almost up their buttcracks with words like "Apple Bottom" printed on em.

A lot of the parents who put their kids in the paegents are already vain and selfish themselves. U can see the rotten eggs and obvious child-abuse that happens when they uh, RIP hot wax off of kid's eyebrows and the kid is clearly saying they don't WANT the eyebrow wax. Now I know that can be painful for an adult, but to force that on a little kid and traumatize them from the wax should be a wake-up call that some parents just aren't the "good protectors" that society claims them to be.

You have stupid parents, and paegents are filled with them. While video-games and shows often get censored to death on clothing style, it's a sad reality that more skimpy clothes is permitted in the real-world through paegents than it is through some fictional video-game.

Seriously, I should not be able to see a 7-8 year olds on these pagents wearing stuff that I wouldn't even wear and i'm a young adult!
  • Broom Broom 2012/11/14 14:24:15
    Broom
    +3
    Seriously any parent who dresses their kids in extremely skimpy clothes I would consider a pervert...
  • darlene tackett 2012/03/07 14:24:39
    darlene tackett
    +1
    Let a child be a child..they have to grow up too quick as it is...
  • Melinda93 2012/02/21 21:06:52
    Melinda93
    +1
    ive seen the show a few times, i watch, and think, why would any mother want there child, especially if there like 3 or 4, in make-up, fake tans, and glittered up short dresses? i mean its horrible, why would u put your young child through eyebrow waxing and tanning, they should be outside having fun with siblings and friends, spending time on the playground, not infront of a beauty stand...take the babies and young children out, beauty pagents and leave it to the young adults(you know 17 and above..)
  • Medulla Oblongata 2012/02/21 17:52:48
    Medulla Oblongata
    +1
    I think there should be stricter rules, though. No suggestive costumes (out of all the outfits Lady Gaga has worn to date, that one mother had to choose one from her "Poker Face" video?), and maybe ban sugary substances (Go-Go Juice, anyone?) because no child needs that much sugar and caffeine in her system. Honestly, I like watching pageants because of the glitz and the glamour of it, whether the girls are young children or grown women. It's the moms that do the above that make it controversial and give the other moms a bad rap, IMO.
  • mz.djqueen 2012/02/21 16:28:56
    mz.djqueen
    +1
    IM UNDECIDED
    im not rlly sure i guess it alls depends on what the parent is doin i watched the anderson show yesterday about that with the moms and there daughters and go go juice and all that stuff it was funny but also tense episode
  • Flowers 2012/02/21 16:19:36
    Flowers
    +3
    Honestly, I don't understand why ANYONE would be interested in such a disgusting thing in the first place... Why would a parent knowingly and willingly subject their child to such a screwed up life? I am really disgusted by the whole thing. Not to mention the thought of a pedophile watching those kids makes me want to throw up.
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/02/21 15:44:12 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Parents should have enough sense not to parade their children like that.

yuck
  • Flowers Latti I... 2012/02/21 16:20:07
    Flowers
    +3
    I think that's the root of the issue Latrice! they have no common sense
  • Son Of Anubis™ 2012/02/21 15:30:34
    Son Of Anubis™
    +3
    I think shows like these are just wet dreams for the perverts and pedophlies out there....remember JonBenet
  • Flowers Son Of ... 2012/02/21 16:20:17
    Flowers
    exactly!
  • Dickens 2012/02/21 15:13:24 (edited)
    Dickens
    +2
    ...without them, what are all the disgusting perverts going to use as a stimulant to slap their salamis...now all these little girls are perv bait...and why do they all have to be made up to look like little prostitutes?..(and why are all their mothers so fat and ugly?)
  • Scott 2012/02/21 14:17:03
    Scott
    +1
    I think I'm going to be sick.
  • Reality-Check 2012/02/21 09:09:17
    Reality-Check
    +1
    INNIT...
  • oltenita 2012/02/21 05:54:47
    oltenita
    +2
    I think this is child abuse. Little girls should not be turned into sexual objects. It is maddening that these parents are trying to fulfill their unmet needs. These kids should be taken away from them before something bad happens to them. Let kids do kids' stuff and let them decide later in life if they want to do this.
  • ★misfit★ 2012/02/21 03:49:32
    ★misfit★
    +1
    Don't get me wrong, I hate them. I just don't think they should be legally banned. I say give them absolutely no TV time or attention anymore, get the word out on how bad they are, and hopefully they will lose popularity on their own.
  • TheLightBehindYourEyes 2012/02/21 03:41:04
    TheLightBehindYourEyes
    +2
    Whatever they do is fine, but if i had a child, personally i would not put him/her in pageants like these. i would want them to have a childhood and not be obsessed with appearance
  • KristinnC: 2012/02/21 03:38:50 (edited)
    KristinnC:
    +1
    but they should change the rules like less makeup C; and more natrual looking.

like no fake hair and stuff like thatC: .
  • Jason Krajniak 2012/02/21 03:36:39
    Jason Krajniak
    +2
    They are too young for this
  • Dagon 2012/02/21 03:33:19
  • David Hussey 2012/02/21 03:28:33
    David Hussey
    +3
    No, they shouldn't be banned but the parents who subject their children to it should become the laughing stock in their communities
  • U-Dog 2012/02/21 03:27:46 (edited)
    U-Dog
    +4
    Would you hang fresh bloody meat in your back yard and just expect that all the wild critters will ignore it... What is wrong with these people?

I don't know if society really has a valid right to step in and stop it but if the parents are going to paint targets on their children by dressing them so provocatively then they shouldn't be too shocked or surprised when some nutcase pervert carries them off, molest and or kills them either.
  • ★misfit★ U-Dog 2012/02/21 04:09:08
    ★misfit★
    +2
    I hate child beauty pageants too, but I don't think it makes any difference to a pedo if a child is in pageants and dressed provocatively or not. They will prey on ANY unsupervised child if the situation is right, and it's usually a friend or family member who does it, unfortunately. So the best advice for parents is really be careful who you trust with your kids. They're not safe just because they look like a normal kid. That's what they prey on...kids.
  • U-Dog ★misfit★ 2012/02/21 04:25:58
    U-Dog
    +2
    Obviously all children are threatened by child molesters but I do not think the parent is being very wise to expose their children even more than necessary or normal. Why would any sane parent want to take the risk of exposing their child like that? It makes no sense to me.

And for what... From what I have seen it appears to be mainly about the parents vicariously trying to make up for their own low esteem and impotent feelings of inadequacy. Maybe they should quit screwing up and endangering their child and just go see a shrink.
  • ★misfit★ U-Dog 2012/02/21 04:36:14
    ★misfit★
    +1
    Yeah you're definitely right about that. If you take a look at the moms pictured above, they're middle aged, average looking women who want to be fairy princesses, biker chicks, Lady Gaga, etc., and are doing so through their daughters. I say let the moms have their own damn pageant and leave the kids out of it.lol
  • U-Dog ★misfit★ 2012/02/21 04:39:07
    U-Dog
    +1
    Yep, the only problem is that no one would show up for that pageant but them lol.
  • Broom U-Dog 2012/11/14 14:31:17
    Broom
    +2
    1) Selfish Parent living life through child
    2) Perverted Parent

The last part may be shocking to some, but with all the sexy sexy crap thrown around in the media it's a wonder that there aren't some screwy parents out there.
  • Broom ★misfit★ 2012/11/14 14:28:19
    Broom
    +2
    Your absolutely right. Fiends don't really care how a child is dress as long as they get the OPPORTUNITY to PREY upon them in a given situation. So full clothness isn't some sort of magical immunity or force-field that will make all the bad people go away, but it does reflect upon the decency of the parent.
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/02/21 03:23:11
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +3
    just change the rules so it aint creepy
  • Arinn 2012/02/21 03:22:53
    Arinn
    +3
    They don't need to be banned If that's what the kids want to do but they should be able to be kids first
  • Awwmandawashere 2012/02/21 03:21:09
    Awwmandawashere
    +6
  • rk 2012/02/21 03:20:17
    rk
    +3
    They are very creepy
  • Lovatic135 2012/02/21 03:13:40
    Lovatic135
    +4
    Do you think your kid really wants to do this? beauty pagents bad
  • Don Lovatic135 2012/02/21 03:14:38
    Don
    +2
    maybe some kids
  • Lovatic135 Don 2012/02/21 03:18:46
    Lovatic135
    +4
    Yeah but it's a good way to get raped by a pedophile.... pedophile
  • Don Lovatic135 2012/02/21 03:23:51 (edited)
    Don
    +3
    your're right, they will be getting into modelling at a younger age.
  • Son Of ... Lovatic135 2012/02/21 15:38:23
    Son Of Anubis™
    +1
    That is just so unnatural...scary looking even....a grown-up face/hair etc on a 5yr olds body....disgusting and a pedo's fantasy.
  • Broom Lovatic135 2012/11/14 14:34:30
    Broom
    +4
    They look literally like miniature women or midgets. The heavy makeup, outfits that an adult female would wears. If I didn't look twice at the picture I would have mistaken this for a midget.

This is how bad these paegents are getting, and the parents are perving it up along with the judges that approve of this.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/02/21 03:12:37
    Reggie☮
    +3
    Perhaps not banned but they should have a lot more restrictions.

2014/04/18 13:32:52