Chicago Man's Throat Slashed . . . He Wants to Carry a Gun?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/06/25 18:12:51
A Chicago man was walking his dog. A man approached him. When the dog walker looked down at his dog, the man attacked him, slashing his throat with a 10-inch knife.

In Chicago, it is illegal to carry a gun. This man thinks the ban is in conflict with the Second Amendment.

City officials disagree. They think that legalizing guns would increase violent crime. It is far better to let innocent people get their throats slashed.

If you live in Chicago, buy a knife.

Read More: http://teapartyeconomist.com/2012/06/25/chicago-ma...

• Lord Emperor of Dune 2012/07/18 02:56:34
    Lord Emperor of Dune
    +1
    Chicago is a dump and home to Obama. What do you expect. Illinois state police have issued a statement to women saying "if someone tries to rape you, you can defend yourself by vomiting on yourself". What the F*&$ is that? Retards...
  • Lord Emperor of Dune 2012/06/30 06:51:30
    Lord Emperor of Dune
    +1
    For this reason you couldn't get me to live in Chicago, new York, or any other shall not issue hell hole for all the tea in china. Criminals don't pay attention to weapons bans... Here in Utah, I can carry my 10mm, a .380 in one pocket, and another (my Kel-Tec) in an ankle holster. We have far less violent crime here. When scumbags know the citizenry aren't armed, they have carte blanch. Never works..
  • cowboy 2012/06/26 16:44:56
    cowboy
    +1
    Carry a gun. Thin criminals out towards extinction.
  • Ryan 2012/06/26 07:42:47
    Ryan
    +1
    I haven't heard of a weekend in Chicago in years where 10 people weren't shot.

Just shows you how effective those strict laws banning guns are at keeping them away from criminals...
    +1
    Crazy, huh?
  • ehrhornp 2012/06/25 19:21:33
    ehrhornp
    So logical. Have everyone carry a gun and watch the bullets fly. Just remember the number one use of guns that result in death is suicide. Frankly I don't care if someone uses a gun to commit suicide but I do care when a stray billet comes near me.
  • Ryan ehrhornp 2012/06/26 07:39:21
    Ryan
    +2
    Guess you believe we should disarm cops then?
  • ehrhornp Ryan 2012/06/26 15:15:10
    ehrhornp
    I wouldn't object. Increasing the level of violence on one end will just be met by an increase on the other. The UK seems to have survived without the need of guns.
  • Ryan ehrhornp 2012/06/26 16:05:55
    Ryan
    +2
    Figured you wouldn't mind, I mean the studies show Police hit innocent bystanders at a much higher percentage rate than private citizens do.

Which is easy to understand since they miss their targets much more often.

But you really want to bring up the UK?

I mean they've had to arm many of their officers in the past few years because of how much violent crime has risen in the UK.

The knife crime was bad enough they were trying to make it illegal for kitchen knives to have sharp points. Never learned if that ban passed.

From 1998-2009 gun crime has doubled in the UK. Most of it the result of violent gang activity.

It's bad enough UK police have turned to patrol teams armed with submachine guns.

Which is a direct result of those gangs frequently possessing submachine guns of their own. Something that hasn't been common in the US since the 1920s.
  • ehrhornp Ryan 2012/06/26 19:15:17
    ehrhornp
    Well obviously the UK has changed since I was growing up. It would be interesting to see what the actual numbers are. I think the UK have also been far more quick to label something as a violent crime than other countries and this might also apply to guns. From the daily Mail:

But Police Minister David Hanson said: 'These figures are misleading.
    Levels of police recorded crime statistics from different countries are simply not comparable since they are affected by many factors, for example the recording of violent crime in other countries may not include behaviour that we would categorise as violent crime.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...
  • Ryan ehrhornp 2012/06/26 21:55:55
    Ryan
    +1
    But I didn't compare their rates to other countries. I just looked at the rates in the UK which are climbing fast.

The actual numbers are still low compared to other places in the world, but I don't know of any other country that has come close to doubling their firearms crime rates within a recent decade.

The hard numbers are:

"The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent."

"The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent."

The one sure fact is that their strict gun laws have not stopped a criminal that wants a gun from getting one.

The violent drug gangs responsible for most of the violence in the UK are actually better armed than the US versions.

The US gangs don't normally see a need for military machine guns, which are popping up more and more in London.
  • ehrhornp Ryan 2012/06/26 22:32:16
    ehrhornp
    Well I think in both countries, the so called drug war is fueling it. A shame. People should have learned from prohibition. If people want to use drugs, they are going to use them and all the control by big brother is not going to stop it.
  • Ryan ehrhornp 2012/06/26 22:39:44
    Ryan
    +1
    Well that's a given.

In the US about 90% of violent crime involves criminals attacking each other. The vast majority of it Drug and Gang related.
  • ehrhornp Ryan 2012/06/26 22:57:39
    ehrhornp
    So if drugs are just legalized, the problem should be largely solved don't you think?
  • Ryan ehrhornp 2012/06/27 02:12:11
    Ryan
    +1
    Actually I don't.

The cancer is too deep at this point.

There are far too many people whose entire life revolves around the illegal drug trade.

If drugs are legalized they can't just say oh well time to get a job at starbucks.

Those massive criminal organizations will do the same thing the Bootleggers did at the end of Prohibition. Transition to things like prostitution and gambling.

They'll find another way to make money, and violence will be part of there business just like it is now.

2014/11/26 11:23:21