Check Out The Babes At The Bar: Should Toddlers Be Allowed In The Pub?

Diana Prince 2010/03/02 22:25:27
Please, keep little kids out of bars! It's not the place for them.
Parents deserve the right to socialize! Let the baby in the bar.
I think having babies in bars...
In Brooklyn, young people are used to going to a bar and seeing other young people dance in their bar stools, shout nonsense, and even throw up on occasion...but not this young. The people of Brooklyn have had enough of babies in bars.

A fed up 26 year-old, Julieanne Smolinski, had this to say, "I will get up on the subway for kids. I will be tolerant of them kicking the back of my seat while seeing a G-rated movie. But let me have my bars." Smolinski then suggested that the people who bring their little ones to the pub are desperately "clinging to their youth."

On the other hand, parents see no reason why they can't grab a quick drink with some friends, and not have to worry about the expense of a babysitter. Having a child can be an isolating experience, and these parents just want to be able to get out every so often and socialize.

Still, bringing a kid into a bar is unwittingly putting a restriction on the people that want to get rowdy, loud, and sloshed. Should these people deal with the fact that their going to have to see a kid now and then, or should there be a "You Must Be This Tall To Party" sign at the door?

• Racefish 2010/03/02 22:38:48
    Racefish
    +2
    I didn't want to be drunk in "Public", I wanted to be drunk "in the bar"!
    Kids shouldn't be in bars. That is especially young ones. They aren't old enough to drive their parents home.

• MaddHarliquinn 2010/03/31 08:09:07
    MaddHarliquinn
    I personally wouldn't take a child in my care to a bar. But you can bring your kids to a rated R movie, so a bar should pale in comparison. Sure it has a higher chance of having unscrupulous activities happen, but if they don't have the "18 to enter, 21 to drink policy enforced at the door" then it is really the establishments issue.
  • Spider 2010/03/23 13:27:42
    I think having babies in bars...
    Spider
    I think it should be a policy of the bar to make or break. Family Friendly bars vs. Adults Only.
  • Kate 2010/03/21 16:30:11
    Kate
    Children should never be in bars. This is a no brainer, I can't believe this is a question,
  • jellyfish 2010/03/15 02:41:56
    jellyfish
    I can't believe this is even up for discussion. What happened to the LAW of no one under 21 in a bar?
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2010/03/08 19:46:31
    I think having babies in bars...
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    In Ireland, where people do at pubs what people are supposed to do at pubs....drink, dance, listen to live music, have conversation, you will often see entire families in pubs. It's a different culture there than we have here, a more convivial, family like atmosphere is what you find in many of the pubs over there. These places aren't rowdy bars, but they are drinking establishments.
  • traveler818 2010/03/08 19:40:14 (edited)
    I think having babies in bars...
    traveler818
    It puts your child at risk of just about anything. It exposes your child to behavior you might not want the child to emulate. Fights break out. Someone could drunkenly trip over and harm your child. If you can't control your drinking, it's time to get help or risk losing so much. You could find yourself childless &/or physically damaged from drunk driving. Then jail, fines, loss of licence, car repairs (if it's not totaled). It isn't worth it. And drunks can be really ornery, creative, loud, persistent, disrespectful, and stupid. Kids are easy targets. It never ever occurred to me to take my son to a bar. It's insane!

Some restaurants have bars where patrons wait for a dinner table. If you then stay for dinner, you'll have time to sober up so you can drive your baby home safely.

If you intend to get drunk, STAY HOME, or find a designated driver!
  • *SmileS* =) 2010/03/07 03:39:49
    *SmileS* =)
    no bar fights happen and that kid is going to get hurt plus people act like total idots while wasted
  • JLove 2010/03/06 17:02:52
    JLove
    Keep the kids at home or get a babysitter.
  • mahtoosacks 2010/03/04 14:33:01 (edited)
    I think having babies in bars...
    mahtoosacks
    i think babies in bars is wrong.

but in my bars i can smoke too, so....

i remember being a kid, and we would meet up with my dads coworkers and empoloyees at a bar if we were out of town. its not like the kid is getting drunk.

if having a baby around you in a bar takes away from your fun, you must really be a self-centered person, and childish. you are probably mad that you cant get wasted and hit on the mom while swinging from chandelier, or that the kid gets all of the attention.
  • Mina 2010/03/03 16:40:14
    Mina
    Hm..Or these parents are "desparete" 4 the bars then i think they should have they own "bars"!
    No alcohols should be allow it,becouse 4 the safe of these kids!
    They can drink alcohol-free drinks only!

The point is the social company,right? Then,no worry and they will meet people who has same situation as themselves and can ex-change idea and experience with each other,4 the sake who does not want children around themselves,as moa!

Every one should have fun and just you have kids,it does NOT mean you has stop to live!
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2010/03/03 15:11:43
    Just MEH....Piwan
    Bar is no place for babies or minors.
  • oldcavpilot 2010/03/03 13:15:45
    I think having babies in bars...
    oldcavpilot
    Is indicative of one of two facts, possibly both.

1. Parent is an alcoholic.
    2. Parent has no business being one.

Need a break from your kid? Put it up for adoption. If not, be a freaking Parent! Guess what? It calls for 'sacrifice' that will last well beyond 18 years, so start gettin' used to it and grow the *bleep* up! If you can afford to go out, put the money you would have spent in the bar in their college fund!
  • P-Funk 2010/03/03 05:00:14
    I think having babies in bars...
    P-Funk
    +1
    ... is a REALLY BAD IDEA. But, it should be the pub/bar OWNER'S decision whether or not to permit it. If someone wants to create a kid-friendly bar and there are parents willing to take their kids there, I hope America is still a free enough country to permit it, no matter how bad an idea it is. There is no true freedom without the freedom to make bad decisions.

Sensible parents will want to keep their kids out of bars, so there shouldn't be a huge market for kid-friendly bars.
  • RegMama 2010/03/03 03:11:28 (edited)
    RegMama
    I take my son into the bars around this area during the day time for lunch and maybe early evening for a pop, but I never take him down there so I can drink and hang out. Who would find that enjoyable anyway? I don't even like to plan to be with other people at the bar so I can come and go as I please without having to tell anyone.
  • SisterOfAFallenHero 2010/03/03 03:10:40
    SisterOfAFallenHero
    I can't believe that any good parent would ever take their kids into a bar. If you are a parent, you must give some things up. Either you give up your night at the bar, or you fork over the money for a babysitter. Be responsible, don't show your kids that drinking and being in bars is a normal part of life, like it's something to be encouraged.
  • rwayne72160 2010/03/03 02:49:48
    rwayne72160
    This is the most insane thing I've ever heard of. They're bringing little kids into nightclubs, but you can't smoke a cigarette in a bar anymore. This country is getting more and more upside down every day.
  • KevHead 2010/03/03 02:33:59
    KevHead
    What do you expect of a nation that lets the mothers kill their unborn ... I guess this is better than an abortion ..

Now if it is a pub of no smoking and mild gathering, then it is no different than a large family get together .. so judgment needs to be used.
  • loudelk99 2010/03/03 02:33:35
    loudelk99
    When you have a baby you take on a certain responsiblity. They do not belong in a bar. Get a sitter if you want to go out.
  • bigeasy628 2010/03/03 01:56:31
    bigeasy628
    Arent the parents getting drunk then taking the kids on a death ride?
  • aherbert 2010/03/03 00:35:50
    aherbert
    Bars are no place for our kids .... kids bars bars kids
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2010/03/03 00:11:06
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    No........
  • pbird49 2010/03/03 00:01:12
    pbird49
    I'd say if you want to see your friends go to a restaurant with the babies.
  • Rubyzandra 2010/03/02 23:09:10
    I think having babies in bars...
    Rubyzandra
    Poor kid. There parents need to watch General Hospital. Vickie's daughter was messed up because of what happened to her when Vickie's alter took her to the bars with her. But, I guess it is better than leaving the poor child home alone and the house burning down around them.
  • Shay 2010/03/02 22:56:18
    Shay
    I know someone who tried to take an infant into a kareoke bar. Since there was alcohol being served, she was denied admittance. I'm not the kind of person that even likes the idea of bringing young children with them into liquor stores. I just think it's tacky.
  • Racefish 2010/03/02 22:38:48
    Racefish
    +2
  • helenros 2010/03/02 22:29:05
    helenros
    +1
    Kids don't have to be absolutely EVERYWHERE. Freaking get a life and get a sitter sometimes, you used to have an identity other than "Parent." Find it.

And I am a mom myself.
  • mkburge helenros 2010/03/02 22:38:02
    mkburge
    If bars are not the place then they need to fix the place and maybe adults should not " get rowdy, loud, and sloshed" in public. I supose you could aways go to another bar.
  • helenros mkburge 2010/03/02 22:47:31
    helenros
    +1
    I'm not talking about rowdy, loud, and sloshed. I'm talking about not wanting little kids running around and being a pain in the butt. You need not take your kid EVERYWHERE. Adult drinking establishments are for adults. If I want to hang around kids I'll go to the McDonald's playland or something.

2014/12/20 13:44:45