Census Shows Californians Moving to Texas: Is Living in Texas Better Than California?

Fef 2012/12/11 18:46:19
Like totally OMG! What do y'all think?

NBCLOSANGELES.COM reports:
We are losing Californians. A new U.S. Census Bureau report reveals that about 100,000 more people have moved away to other states, than moved from other states here, according to 2011 reports.
census

Read More: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/California...

• Lanikai 2012/12/11 19:29:45
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    +19
    Texas still allows free enterprise and FREEDOM. Californication is nearly communist in it's ridiculousness.

• LarryFine 2013/01/25 16:16:31
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    LarryFine
    I've been to Texas. Nice state. Nice people. The common sense individuals moving there will appreciate the change. Then we'll see how much the bleeding heart Kaliforny liberals like their welfare state when the people that pay the bills are gone.
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ 2013/01/25 16:10:35
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
    I would like to.
  • Ashley 2013/01/25 15:41:03
    No, I like California more
    Ashley
    I will stay here by the beach.
  • charles nelson 2013/01/24 20:55:04
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    charles nelson
    great LIBERAL gun laws, much safer place
  • Manwé 2012/12/21 01:07:01
    No, I like California more
    Manwé
    +2
    It has to do with the cost of living. California is more expensive than Texas and many other places.
  • riggins 2012/12/20 03:07:46
  • thefatguy 2012/12/15 22:42:33
    No, I like California more
    thefatguy
    +3
    I've always lived in CA but I'm leaving next year. I'm not going to Texas though. The taxes in CA are ridiculous and there's just too many "Progressives". The weather is what I will miss.
  • riggins thefatguy 2012/12/20 03:09:26
  • thefatguy riggins 2012/12/20 04:24:28
    thefatguy
    Yeah, whatever you say Level 1.
  • Denzel 2012/12/14 19:22:57
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Denzel
    +1
    Is your looking 4 a job?

Then YESSSSS!!!
  • SuperUl... Denzel 2012/12/16 16:04:37
    SuperUltraMegaMan
    +1
    Texas creates nearly 48% of new jobs every year for the past 3 years. 3% more and we'll create more new jobs every year than the entire country combined. Adjust that for states who LOSE jobs rather tan create new ones and Texas does create more new jobs than the entire country combined.
  • daniel wayne 2012/12/14 19:02:31
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    daniel wayne
    +3
    as a former texan who lived in california for a few years, i feel uniquely qualified to answer this one. its very simple, in california the taxes are too high and there are way too many fruits and nuts.
  • Theresa2000 2012/12/14 16:41:41
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Theresa2000
    +2
    Texas is a pretty tough state to change...I can't imagine anyone being able to do so. You either accept the big T as it is, or get out....that's how they roll....and most true-Texans will let you know right off, too.
  • Lucy Pannell 2012/12/14 14:50:32
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Lucy Pannell
    +3
    California is like Florida, a great place to visit but not necessarily to live. For the cost of a house in CA you can buy an estate in TX... It's economics...
  • Meng 2012/12/14 14:41:23
    No, I like California more
    Meng
    +1
    Home of the death penalty, the place that produced two Bushes and a Perry. No thanks.
  • SuperUl... Meng 2012/12/16 16:07:55
    SuperUltraMegaMan
    +3
    Bush and Perry are directly responsible (through sound economic policies) for Texas creating nearly half of all new jobs in the USA for 3 years in a row. If you adjust for states who LOST jobs then Texas created more new jobs than the entire country combined. Economic zones and tax incentives draw businesses from other states to Texas which creates new jobs for Texas and causes the other states to LOSE jobs. Therefore, from an outsiders perspective Bush and Perry are bad but from an insider's perspective they are heroes. As for the death penalty, I don't agree with it but it is what it is. Don't commit capital crimes and you won't get a shot.
  • SuperUl... SuperUl... 2012/12/16 16:10:05
    SuperUltraMegaMan
    +3
    Here's a link:
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/...

"The secret, according to Perry, is low taxes, predictable regulation, a fair legal system, and a skilled workforce. And he's been sharing it with companies around the country, hoping to lure them to his state. Some are heeding his siren call, lured by the state's low cost of doing business, as well as Texas Enterprise Fund, which has awarded companies $440 million to relocate since it was created in 2003"
  • LarryFine Meng 2013/01/25 16:23:36
    LarryFine
    Really? And Kali gave us Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, Waxman, Waters... You've got nothing to say as it relates to politicians. Watch as the bill payers leave the state in droves
  • wow-really 2012/12/14 14:36:58
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    wow-really
    +2
    Wish I was there now!
    Texas should be careful though. They're going to try to take it over with their socialist, liberal spending habits, and rhetoric.
    Please don't let them!

Texas rocks
    Don t mess with Texas
  • Jesferkicks 2012/12/14 10:54:30
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Jesferkicks
    +2
    Don't know about better but with CA sitting on the highest tax rates in the nation and its anti-business climate its probably cheaper.
  • postmamy 2012/12/14 05:56:36
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    postmamy
  • Ticker 2012/12/14 05:41:56
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Ticker
    +2
    Hmmm you can live in a communist state where it's illegal to do just about anything, or you can live in Texas
  • Resp 2012/12/14 02:48:16
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Resp
    +3
    California has gone so far left that they have left the planet.
  • Freeranger 2012/12/14 02:32:21
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Freeranger
    +2
    They have my deepest sympathy. Nothing uglier than a pestilence.
  • sagewisdom09 2012/12/13 23:12:49
    No, I like California more
    sagewisdom09
    +1
    I grew up in Texas, eventually moved to California among other places, and would probably not go back. I'm very happy with the people, climate, scenery, and outdoor activities available on the west coast. I also have had the opportunity to make money doing things I wouldn't have been able to do elsewhere, like stained glass art and historic building restoration. If I left CA, the only places I'd want to go would be Oregon or Washington.
  • SuperUl... sagewis... 2012/12/16 16:12:00
    SuperUltraMegaMan
    +1
    Both of those places are on my list of "where I'd go if I was exiled from Texas". Alas, I'm in (UGH) Illinois at the moment and have to wait until July to get back to Texas. Don't come to Illinois. It sucks so bad.
  • Angus 2012/12/13 22:45:43
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    Angus
    +2
    Don't have to pay over 60% in taxes to support the free loader life style of illegals, welfare recipients and career unemployed.
  • NymRod 2012/12/13 20:18:51
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    NymRod
    +1
    Texas Rocks!
  • Silverl... NymRod 2012/12/14 02:10:37
    Silverlocust
    +1
    Well, it's certainly a lively place, just Google - Brent Troy Bartel to get an idea of the late night mischief that Texans get up to.
  • mac9 2012/12/13 20:09:58
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    mac9
    +3
    And other places as well. Ca. will get no new business because the state is unfriendly to business and people are sick of huge taxes. All that will be left are illegals and no one paying taxes to pay welfare.
  • mae 2012/12/13 20:03:59
    Yes, it's all about Texas
    mae
    +1
    In 12 years Texas will be a liberal state. Californians are notoriously progressive.
  • A Found... mae 2012/12/14 04:14:38 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +1
    You are probably right. Note that Colorado has moved from it's once reactionary past into the enlightenment brought by the millions of young people who have moved there in the last fifteen or so years. Many of the new residents came from California and New York, seeking the lifestyle available in Colorado. An equal number came from Mexico, of course, seeking a job or a place to open a "medical marijuana dispensary".
  • mae A Found... 2012/12/14 04:20:53
    mae
    +1
    The medical marijuana dispensary crowd are, in my experience, mainly from California.
  • A Found... mae 2012/12/14 04:30:53
    A Founding Father
    +1
    I'll defer to someone with experience along those lines.
  • mae A Found... 2012/12/14 18:49:23 (edited)
    mae
    +1
    Not my personal experience--that ended with the early 70's Haight-Ashbury scene...My family still resides in the Pacific Northwest, so hear their experiences with Changing Marijuana Laws--Oregon now lets individuals grow 2 plants per household in their fenced backyard--regulations are on the size and number of plants--not on the person. Northern California became Maryjane Central, a regular wild wild west, with shootings, fires, mexican illegals setting up shop inside the National Parks boundaries--a real problem in all the NW states--rumored to be what sparked the mammoth Colorado fires this last summer--it's 'just a rumor'. Medical marijuana trade in Oregon is, however, is on the decline. Now they're headed to Texas.
  • TXredhead mae 2012/12/16 00:12:58
    TXredhead
    +1
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... .... please no.
  • SuperUl... mae 2012/12/16 16:13:52
    SuperUltraMegaMan
    +2
    Texans won't allow Californians to come into the state and start making changes. Californians who flee to Texas won't want to make the same mistakes they made in California.
  • mae SuperUl... 2012/12/22 19:15:25 (edited)
    mae
    +1
    Agree....But their over-consumtion, up-to-the-minute designer-trend life styles are soooo--well, Addictive--that it takes a heck of a lot of willpower to overcome that...call it sneaky consumerism, with a somatic, subconscious " it's OK,, we worked for this, and we deserve it" kind of life--and lifestyle-- philosophy. Fancy car, new or newly-remodeled home, trendy Sunset magazine yards and patio/verandas, kitchens, bathrooms, furniture, clothes, shoes, and lets not forget those watches and handbags...Very Additive. I see this in Texas already, and bet you do, too. Thank You, Sunset Magazine, and Coastal Living Magazine, for pointing out exactly how to emulate that Gotta-Have-It [Oh so California]- life style. [ And don't forget those Malls!] Not to forget Southern Living Magazine, my personal favorite, known far and wide for it's comfort food recipes and genteel southern style--all above-named magazines are part of Time Magazine/ Lifestyle publishing, Offices in New York and Los Angeles. Good Luck, my friend Eric, Yours is a mission of cultural clash, preserving the old ways, those desired ways that have stood the test of time VS the ways as dictated by NYC and LA. First, tho, take a good long look at Texas, the cities and the suburbs, the large chain stores, the large ...
    Agree....But their over-consumtion, up-to-the-minute designer-trend life styles are soooo--well, Addictive--that it takes a heck of a lot of willpower to overcome that...call it sneaky consumerism, with a somatic, subconscious " it's OK,, we worked for this, and we deserve it" kind of life--and lifestyle-- philosophy. Fancy car, new or newly-remodeled home, trendy Sunset magazine yards and patio/verandas, kitchens, bathrooms, furniture, clothes, shoes, and lets not forget those watches and handbags...Very Additive. I see this in Texas already, and bet you do, too. Thank You, Sunset Magazine, and Coastal Living Magazine, for pointing out exactly how to emulate that Gotta-Have-It [Oh so California]- life style. [ And don't forget those Malls!] Not to forget Southern Living Magazine, my personal favorite, known far and wide for it's comfort food recipes and genteel southern style--all above-named magazines are part of Time Magazine/ Lifestyle publishing, Offices in New York and Los Angeles. Good Luck, my friend Eric, Yours is a mission of cultural clash, preserving the old ways, those desired ways that have stood the test of time VS the ways as dictated by NYC and LA. First, tho, take a good long look at Texas, the cities and the suburbs, the large chain stores, the large chain markets, and study what you see. I commend you for your perserverance. As a diehard Northwesterner, I can tell you the things that 'encouraged' Californians to reconsider the benefits of moving OUT of the Northwest: Hard, cold winters. Forest fires. Increasing Volcanic acitvity threat. Bears and coyotes. Boredom--no big city nearby. Struggling Economy.
  • SuperUl... mae 2013/01/02 15:58:15
    SuperUltraMegaMan
    +2
    I like new. . I'm not into "the old ways" whatever that's supposed to mean. I like new things, high technology, malls, clothes, cars, music... All those things you say California and New York have. I'm from Houston - a cosmopolitan city if ever there was one. Texas isn't a bunch of cows and rednecks. We have 5 major metropolitan areas one of which is the 4th largest city in the USA (Houston). We have anything you can find in L.A. or N.Y. When I say Californian's won't "make changes" in Texas I mean the Michael Moore type will not come in and create a state income tax and welfare system like they have in California. But I can see that Californians DO think we're a bunch of cow-poking rednecks.
  • mae SuperUl... 2013/01/03 01:44:09
    mae
    +1
    [...they think that way about everyone who hasn't lived in Southern California, or the Bay area....]

2014/12/18 14:27:30