CAPITALISM.

Fariborz-Zak 2012/09/20 06:28:41
Related Topics: Capitalism

• burningsnowman 2012/09/27 10:06:07 (edited)
    disagree
    burningsnowman
    Some aspects of capitalism like private property or private enterprise might be OK but usury, hyper materialism, "child marketing", etc. are perversions and need to be stamped out. A society that produces men like Jamie Dimon is sick and basically deserves what it gets.
  • Professor Wizard 2012/09/20 15:59:10
    agree
    Professor Wizard
    but Capitalism UNBRIDLED, is dangerous, because it is too easy for greedy people to again power by being unscrupulous and unethical.

It does need to be regulated and monitored.
  • ALofRI 2012/09/20 15:42:19
    maybe
    ALofRI
    It started out great, and like most good things, it has been abused, terribly! It was "capitalism w/abuse that put us in this mess. It was the abuse of regulations put in place to protect the people that brought the world to it's financial knees. Capitalism, like most good things, will cause problems without "moderation".
  • Wahvlvke 2012/09/20 12:37:37
    agree
    Wahvlvke
    I would like to see it in unrestrained form ... the ideal ... not screwed up by idiot politicians.
  • Chibi Guru Z 2012/09/20 11:53:41
    agree
    Chibi Guru Z
    Fruit. There, collected points!
  • SimianSays 2012/09/20 10:23:03 (edited)
    disagree
    SimianSays
    It cultivates self aggrandisement.
    Oh wait, I've just looked at the picture and I see what was intended. That picture represents capitalism perfectly except for one thing...the hose being crimped is actually owned by the one asking for water.
  • pdt_ski 2012/09/20 07:50:22
    agree
    pdt_ski
    Capitalism is the basis of freedom. You can't have a free democracy without capitalism because the ability to use money for your own ends is the same basic freedom to do what you please - the freedom to rise above your beginnings and make your life better. Sure, capitalism involves self interest but everyone is self-interested, even in a socialist or communist state.
  • burning... pdt_ski 2012/09/27 10:05:24 (edited)
    burningsnowman
    Actually Democracy is very hostile to free market economics. Look at the massive growth in social programs and regulation in western democracies compared to under monarchy or when the franchise was much more restricted. I'm not a huge fan of Joseph Farrah or the WND crowd and I do support some programs. But he was at least bright enough to grasp it wasn't in his interests to be pro democracy. Same goes for Hans Herman Hoppe, he wrote a lot on why libertarianism and democracy were particularly incompatible.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/ho...
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/09/20 07:13:29
    disagree
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    Many companies give huge amount of money to charities.
  • ALofRI ☆stillt... 2012/09/20 15:45:55
    ALofRI
    +1
    Take away the tax break and that will slow considerably. It is a "tool" used to maximize profit and "make us look good", often as a tool to influence local regulations also.
  • ☆stillt... ALofRI 2012/09/20 17:16:28
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    It is more PR than tax benefits. It does not work the same for them as it does for us. I know of a few times that what I gave put me in a lower tax bracket. What I hate is given money to politician and they get something back for it. One thing has been a thorn in my side is that Congress keeps talking about fixing the loopholes and all they do is add more. Many of them they themselves use to get richer.

2014/09/30 18:16:37