Canadian News Anchor Warning To America: Gun Registration Will Lead To 'Confiscation'

WF - Rumpelstiltskin -PWCM~JLA 2013/02/12 15:08:31
Related Topics: News, America, Registration

• Tasine 2013/02/12 16:15:55
    Tasine
    +6
    Of course it will lead to confiscation. All thinking people know this. Yes, there are other "reasons" for registering guns, and while we don't like it, we have tolerated it, when a dictator gets into office, such as Obama, all of a sudden registration of guns is NOT an "innocent" thing. Collectivists cannot convince free people to give up their freedoms by merely finding reasons they should, so they do it by increments, bits of freedom at a time. The left has been working hard at it since the early 1900's, and now feel they have sufficient numbers of school children and old doddering idiots to make the BIG move - the disarming of America. They thing they have done enough incrementalism. The sad thing is that they MAY be right. Are they right? IS AMERICA SO TOTALLY DUMBED DOWN THAT THEY WILL WILLINGLY GIVE AWAY ITS FREEDOMS TO A NARCISSISTIC SOCIOPATH?

• Mamaknows 2013/02/12 22:25:16
    Mamaknows
    +1
    That IS our future if they can push it thru...say GOODBYE to our constitution.
  • Jessie M 2013/02/12 21:23:04
    Jessie M
    +3
    I know there is something wrong when the Canadians see what our government is doing, yet the liberal media keeps thinking Obama is doing a good job.
  • Soup Man 2013/02/12 17:23:06
  • fallen angel 2013/02/12 16:20:28
    fallen angel
    +5
    i wanna keep my gun
  • Tasine 2013/02/12 16:15:55
    Tasine
    +6
  • ALofRI 2013/02/12 16:11:36
    ALofRI
    +2
    Just about ANYTHING....CAN....lead to anything else....IF we want it too. Here, nobody (or VERY FEW), want it too, so it WONT! Doesn't mean it shouldn't be done! The Constitution says it cannot be. The Constitution does NOT say we shall have a deadly "UNregulated militia".
  • Turings... ALofRI 2013/02/12 20:35:25
    TuringsChild
    +1
    The Founding Fathers knew what they meant, even if you don't.

Alexander Hamilton in Federalist Paper 29 indicates a well-regulated militia is a state of preparedness obtained after rigorous and persistent training. Note the use of 'disciplining' which indicates discipline could be synonymous with well-trained.

"The project of disciplining all the militia of the United States is as futile as it would be injurious if it were capable of being carried into execution. A tolerable expertness in military movements is a business that requires time and practice. It is not a day, nor a week nor even a month, that will suffice for the attainment of it. To oblige the great body of the yeomanry and of the other classes of the citizens to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well regulated militia, would be a real grievance to the people and a serious public inconvenience and loss."
  • All American 2013/02/12 15:58:24
    All American
    +4
    I can see that; they would have a data base of who owns what and where you live. It sounds like a logical progression. Remember what happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina? Johnny Law went around trying to confiscate firearms.
  • ProudPr... All Ame... 2013/02/12 16:03:18
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    Even though that was the Bush Administration in New Orleans, it was one of the few Katrina-related things they did that made sense. With thousands of people driven from their homes and tens of thousands of guns lying around for any looter to pick up, what the hell else do you think they should have done?
  • ALofRI ProudPr... 2013/02/12 16:35:09
    ALofRI
    Oh, C'MON NOW! Let's not be "sensible" here, and ruin everything!
  • All Ame... ProudPr... 2013/02/12 16:38:59
    All American
    +1
    Bush ran the Patrols there? They were going after homeowners, too, were they not? Was it not a local decision, not a FEMA decision?
  • ProudPr... All Ame... 2013/02/12 22:16:15
    ProudProgressive
    You're missing the point. You brought up the fact that following Katrina guns in abandoned houses were collected as a basis for claiming that "the government is going to take everyone's guns away". I simply pointed out that in that situation there was a logical reason to do it, and it was not part of any paranoid plot to disarm America. I don't particularly care WHO was responsible for making that decision. The point is that it was the right decision, and nothing to be afraid of.
  • All Ame... ProudPr... 2013/02/12 23:19:43
    All American
    Re: "You brought up the fact that following Katrina guns in abandoned houses were collected as a basis for claiming that "the government is going to take everyone's guns away"

I didn't say that, I said during Katrina they took guns away.

The took from people who legally lived at their residence and legally owned guns.
  • Mamaknows ProudPr... 2013/02/12 22:29:11
    Mamaknows

Oh yeah beating down little old ladies...makes total liberal sense....
  • ALofRI All Ame... 2013/02/12 16:33:57
    ALofRI
    But...but..New Orleans is a "Republican..Conservative" town!
  • All Ame... ALofRI 2013/02/12 16:44:36
    All American
    +4
    New Orleans was liberal with Mayor Nagn and the then Democratic governor Kathleen Blanco, both who blamed everyone else for their state of unpreparedness; that has to begin at the local level, not national.
  • rand 2013/02/12 15:49:52
    rand
    +2
    Confiscation of assault-style weapons doesn't concern me in the least, but it'll not happen in the U.S. simply because of the numbers already extant. I'm curious how many weapons like these were confiscated. His conclusion that shotguns and rifles will follow is patently absurd.
  • Evil 1 2013/02/12 15:38:03
    Evil 1
    +4
    Oh no!! That can't be true! Obama and his ilks like Feinstein, Cuomo and Bloomberg don't want to take our guns. They just want to get rid of the evil, bad assault weapons and high capacity clips and find out where all the other guns are. Really that's all they want.......... LOL. Only an idiot wouldn't be able to see what they are doing and where it is leading. Registration is exactly how it led to confiscation in Canada as well as England and Australia.
  • ProudProgressive 2013/02/12 15:36:33
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    No one is trying to take everyone's guns away. When are the idiot Right Wing going to realize that they are simply being played by America's largest gun salesman, the NRA?
  • Turings... ProudPr... 2013/02/12 20:40:52
    TuringsChild
    +1
    LIAR. I already exposed that lie in another post, yet you continue to spout it. Obie, Feinstein, and numerous others are even now working hard for EXACTLY that.
    liar exposed lie post continue spout obie feinstein numerous working
  • ProudPr... Turings... 2013/02/12 22:18:24
    ProudProgressive
    I never lie, my friend. The bill you refer to is a VOLUNTARY program just like the gun buyback programs that most major cities including LA and New York have successfully implemented.

You do understand that "confiscation" is INVOLUNTARY, right?
  • Clay Slayer 2013/02/12 15:29:23
    Clay Slayer
    +6
    The canadian government finally admitted that the gun ban and registration in canada was a farse, "It didnt save one canadian life" It also cost the tax payers millions of dollars on a failed program,"Gun registration did nothing to reduce our crime here in canada"
  • ProudPr... Clay Sl... 2013/02/12 15:37:05
    ProudProgressive
    Let's see where you're getting those supposed quotes.
  • Clay Sl... ProudPr... 2013/02/12 15:46:04
    Clay Slayer
    +7
    What, your fingers broken> google it like I did.. you might learn something...but since you are too lazy,, here..

Firearms in Canada - Daily Bulletin from Gun Policy Newswww.gunpolicy.org/firearm...
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    Canada's gun control system has failed to keep up with a changing arms ... "two pillars" of gun control: licensing gun owners and registering weapons. ... That's code for let's not have a discussion about restrictions on firearms, ...... "It does nothing to help put an end to gun crimes, nor has it saved one Canadian life," he said.
  • ProudPr... Clay Sl... 2013/02/12 16:01:35
    ProudProgressive
    Oh, I see, so it's from a conservative pro-gun organization's web site. I figured.
  • Clay Sl... ProudPr... 2013/02/12 16:09:03
    Clay Slayer
    +5
    so, do the freaking research yourself.. lazy??? there are probably 500 more websites with the same information..LMAO at you propaganda lovers...
  • Evil 1 Clay Sl... 2013/02/12 16:38:29
    Evil 1
    +3
    Liberal/Progressive liars and hypocrites refuse to look at the facts and truth as it proves they are completely wrong. And what's hilarious is they call you on the sources you use yet they continuely use biased, lying far left sources such as ThinkProgress, Huffpo and Addicting Info to support their claims. Just more of their 'do as I say not as I do' hypocritical mentality and idiocy.
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2013/02/12 22:20:43
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    LOL ThinkProgress isn't a "far left site". In fact, they are one of the more respected sites on the internet. Besides, it's lying hypocrites like you that try to pretend that Fox, the single most biased source of Right Wing misinformation in America, is a "news" station. Studies have proved that people who watch no news at all are better informed on the issues than regular Fox viewers.
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2013/02/12 22:58:27
    Evil 1
    +2
    Again, I choose not to have dialogue with liars and hypocrites such as yourself as everything you post is untrue. Therefore having dialogue with you would lower me to your level. Goodbye.
  • none Clay Sl... 2013/02/13 15:25:02
    +1
    He's a lazy intolerant progressive/socialist not worth the effort, he only wants to hear what he wants, there's no getting through with people like that.
  • Evil 1 none 2013/02/13 17:15:43
    Evil 1
    +2
    He doesn't want to address the truth and facts, just twist them as liberal/progressives always do. I choose not to have dialogue with him as liars and hypocrites are not worth wasting time on. He's just to dense to understand this.
  • ¤Creepy... Clay Sl... 2013/02/13 06:27:02
    ¤Creepy Lumberjack¤ >-QC-<
    +2
    There are not as much crimes per capita in Canada, but I doubt it has anything to do with the right to possess or not guns. As a French-Canadian living in Quebec I could tell you that it probably has more to do with rehabilitation based justice system and social-workers doing their job adequately than with any gun control law... A strict registration is obviously a good way to find a criminal if, and only if he used a legally registered gun. In any other cases it won't do a lot. I was always against the free use of firearms but I have to admit that, even me, I know precisely where to go if I ever wanted to buy an illegal AK-47 for less than $500 and commit a crime. Would the ban on guns really change anything in that situation? Probably not... We do not have a culture that really "love" guns so I don't think that suddenly permitting everyone to have guns would do any good in Canada, but I don't think that putting a ban on guns in the US would do any good either. I used to believe that being able to buy a legal automatic rifle was wrong...but I could as well buy an illegal one, save the taxes, the registration time and fees and not be caught as easily even if there are laws. If banning guns is supposed to prevent criminals from getting them it is stupid because criminals won't begin to follow the law just because there is a new one...
  • Clay Sl... ¤Creepy... 2013/02/13 15:15:54
    Clay Slayer
    +2
    that has been my point.. if this nation would concentrate on PEOPLE rather than the weapon, maybe things might change.. however,, statistic prove that anywhere that weapons are restricted and banned, other crimes escalate... I know many canadians that love their guns,, I have taught several of them that came here how to shoot trap and skeet.. I have friends all over Ontario that love their guns.. My wife and I own property in Ontario,, and you are right,, gun laws do not deter crime, they cause more crime,, it creates a black market ,, look at prohibition here in the USA. that caused more crime than all the drinking did... They learned their lesson there. I wonder if they will ever learn that banning something does not work.. Look at the War on Drugs.. Hows that one working?? More people using drugs now than ever before.. Not to mention, they will be turning law abiding citizens into criminals because of a peice of paper...
  • ¤Creepy... Clay Sl... 2013/02/13 15:23:07
    ¤Creepy Lumberjack¤ >-QC-<
    +1
    I agree with 100% of this.
  • K-ZOOMI-----0 2013/02/12 15:28:10
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +6
    Wake up America! The writing is on the wall.
  • mrdog 2013/02/12 15:10:49
    mrdog
    +2
    Nope...never happen...bark
  • ProudPr... mrdog 2013/02/12 15:37:56
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    It will never happen because no one in this country is trying to make it happen or even suggesting that it happen. NO ONE IS PLANNING TO TAKE EVERYONE'S GUNS AWAY.
  • Clay Sl... ProudPr... 2013/02/12 16:10:31 (edited)
    Clay Slayer
    +3
    Are you blind to history? same path taken by many countries.. The anti will have it so no one but them have protection.. Take a look behind every anti gun polititian , and what do you see?? Here is another quote from a Canadian, who just happens to be the Ontario Police commissioner... So I guess that is from a pro gun website... LMAO..You need a reality check if you dont think gun control is coming to the USA...

Former Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Julian Fantino opposed the gun registry, stating in a press release in 2003:

We have an ongoing gun crisis including firearms-related homicides lately in Toronto, and a law registering firearms has neither deterred these crimes nor helped us solve any of them. None of the guns we know to have been used were registered, although we believe that more than half of them were smuggled into Canada from the United States. The firearms registry is long on philosophy and short on practical results considering the money could be more effectively used for security against terrorism as well as a host of other public safety initiatives
  • Tasine Clay Sl... 2013/02/12 16:24:57
    Tasine
    +1
    "NO ONE IS PLANNING TO TAKE EVERYONE'S GUNS AWAY." Remember that that statement is true - no one plans to take away the guns that will be used to force others to give their freedoms away. Obama's goons. ACORN, etc. will still have guns.

Would he be willing to swear that NO ONE's guns will be taken away? I want to know his source re that. I'd ask him myself, but he and I don't communicate.
  • Turings... ProudPr... 2013/02/12 20:44:22
    TuringsChild
    Here's your badge. Congratulations!
    CIA shill

2014/08/23 19:29:10