Can you prove there is no God??

hazel 2011/06/20 03:13:24
I have heard all my life ,from people who do not believe in God and are quick to ask me to prove it ....so I am turning the question back on those that do not believe ....prove it to me and those of us that do believe.....We believe that proof is all around us, every where ......In the Trees,.. in the animals ,... In the Mountians ...In the babies of every kind.....in the ocean ,..in the desert...in other people.....in love its self.......the proof is every where if you take the time to see..

• CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2011/06/20 05:44:55 (edited)
    I have a different thought
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +3
    This is where faith comes in. Look around you in this wondrous world. Someone made it all. It syncs in almost perfect harmony. The Higher Power is present in our daily lives.

If you choose not to believe, then life certainly for you must be like a pencil that is dulled. What's the point of living?

• GoDucks5 2011/06/20 18:01:54
    I have a different thought
    GoDucks5
    You can't prove there is a god either.
  • hazel GoDucks5 2011/06/20 19:21:18
    hazel
    I have never said I could....read the question of the post before you answer please
  • GoDucks5 hazel 2011/06/20 19:23:07
    GoDucks5
    I did read it. I never said that you said that. I was just saying that you can't prove if there is a god or not.
  • Jezey™ 2011/06/20 15:32:53
    I have a different thought
    Jezey™
    +1
    OK, so technically one cannot beyond a shadow of doubt prove there is or isn't a God. It is up to each individual. Those of us that believe, choose to do so for many reasons. Whether it be faith, spirituality,or the many blessings we have personally experienced. Some have experienced very difficult times and know that if It hadn't been for that faith and belief in God, we would not have made it through those difficult times. Some have experienced miracles in their lives and cannot explain it in any other way except that God performed the miracle. It is ones choice to believe nor not to believe. Those that do not, it is certainly their prerogative. Those of us that do, will all happily see each other in Heaven when our day comes and we are no longer alive on earth.
  • hazel Jezey™ 2011/06/20 15:38:03
    hazel
    +1
    I will see you there,... dear sweet sis
  • Jezey™ hazel 2011/06/20 16:15:05
    Jezey™
    +1
    You sure will sis. And look out, since I will no longer have this awful back pain, I will be hugging you big time!
  • hazel Jezey™ 2011/06/20 19:22:06
    hazel
    +1
    Thank God ...I am soooo happy to hear that
  • RogerRover 2011/06/20 14:36:22
    I have a different thought
    RogerRover
    +1
    Too late! He has already proved Himself to multiplied millions. He IS, and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. The scoffers are really just seekers. Lord ,bless them in their search.....
  • Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR 2011/06/20 14:26:41 (edited)
    I have a different thought
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +2
    I do not have to prove there is a God ...I know there is a God!! God has blessed me and my family so many times . I have felt God near me . How can a person not believe in God were do you think we came from!! What we just just poped here!!!! God made everything we know of our world!! I hate it when they talk about the Big Bang Crap......duh Who do you think made that Big Bang ...GOD!!!!!!! god world hate talk bang crap duh bang god god god world hate talk bang crap duh bang god god
  • hazel Cindy64... 2011/06/20 14:27:59
    hazel
    +2
    You are so cute Cindy...God loves you,.. I am sure
  • Cindy64... hazel 2011/06/20 14:45:48
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +1
    OH yes he does so very much and I LOVE him with all of my heart . I love my God, I love my Church , I love the life that God has blessed me with I have had my share of very bad times and then the good times as well. God always test us to see how faithful we are and NO matter what I will LOVE GOD!! By the way hazel the church I go to we have 2, 500 teenagers who go to the I go to!! It is such a blessing to see those teenagers who love the Lord and see the joy they have on their face!!
  • hazel Cindy64... 2011/06/20 15:30:08
    hazel
    +1
    I am certianly not against church , its just not for me and I am grateful to hear of our young turning to God , very very grateful
  • Cindy64... hazel 2011/06/20 15:38:25
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    I understand on that ...I in the other hand injoy my church and it is a very GOOD one . Yes it is good to see the young people having God in their life !!
  • Icarus 2011/06/20 11:19:28
    Yes I can prove there is no God
    Icarus
    +1
    Intelligence cannot exist uncaused and uncreated.
    'God' is defined as being an uncaused and uncreated intelligence.
    Ergo, 'God' cannot exist.
  • hazel Icarus 2011/06/20 14:07:30
    hazel
    +1
    FORGOT TO ADD "IN MY OPINION"!!! There was a time when no one believed the earth was round or that man could fly....You would agree there are things that we as humans ,have no knowledge of "yet" ....
  • Icarus hazel 2011/06/20 14:16:54
    Icarus
    I think we know enough of how reality works to be sure that immensely complex things don't just exist out of nothing, for no reason... and intelligence is the most complex thing in the known universe. I think we would all agree that it can't possibly exist uncaused and uncreated.
  • Cindy64... hazel 2011/06/20 14:29:06
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +1
    Hello hazel good post dear you have a bless day and may God ( who we know) bless you! HUGS to you my dearest friend!
  • Sister Hoover of the Immacu... 2011/06/20 06:14:18
    I have a different thought
    Sister Hoover of the Immaculate Conception
    Why won't god heal amputees?

No matter how many people pray, no matter how often they pray, no matter how sincere they are, no matter how much they believe, no matter how deserving the amputee, what we know is that prayers do not inspire God to regenerate amputated limbs. This happens despite what Jesus promises us in Matthew 21:21, John 14:14, Mark 11:24, etc.

http://whywontgodhealamputees...
  • hazel Sister ... 2011/06/20 14:08:59
    hazel
    +1
    I believe that each one of us has lessons to learn and things to teach, we each have our slot to fill , no matter what
  • Sister ... hazel 2011/06/20 14:19:24 (edited)
    ahh the old 'god has a plan' ruse huh... heard it.. (and used it- oh the shame) not convinced..
  • hazel Sister ... 2011/06/20 14:30:19
    hazel
    I WILL BE HAPPY TO LISTEN TO YOUR THOUGHTS ON IT. I have no need to convince you of any thing...my question was Can you prove there is no God
  • Sister ... hazel 2011/06/20 14:31:59
    I WILL BE HAPPYTO WRITE IN CAPS TOO. I have no problem in believing that you believe, but you can't prove that god exists can you?
  • hazel Sister ... 2011/06/20 14:34:51
    hazel
    write your own post and ask that question...my question is can YOU prove there is no God.......You are welcome to use caps any time you wish
  • Sister ... hazel 2011/06/20 14:42:04
    I don't have to prove anything, there are more non-believers than there are believers in this entity you call god.. we'll see... 2012 rapture is not far away.... another great dissapointment....
  • Cindy64... hazel 2011/06/20 14:29:44
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    So true !!
  • charlan95 2011/06/20 06:01:44
    I can prove there is a God
    charlan95
    +2
    The Bible is enough proof for me
  • Cindy64... charlan95 2011/06/20 14:29:56
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +1
    Amen!!!
  • Wally-Molon Labe! 2011/06/20 05:57:41
    I have a different thought
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +1
    Since you believe in God you will find evidence of him/her every place you look. That is how your brain works.

My brain works differently. I was exposed to religious teachings as a youngster so I am familiar with how it is supposed to make you feel. I watched my friends "get saved" but I did not feel the urge to do the same. As time went on the questions I had were not answered. The standard "that's called faith" response to my uncertainties made me look elsewhere. I naturally gravitated towards science because it dealt with finding truth.

So my truth requires provable evidence. I can not prove that your God does not exist. Nobody can. But in science one never attempts to prove a negative. The burden of proof lies with you since you say God exists. You will not be able to prove to me that God exists. He exists for you and that is all that matters.

For me, with all the science education I have had, there is no need for a God. I do not have answers for everything but there is enough evidence about things like evolution for me to know that it and other natural processes are responsible for the way we are and all other life on this planet.

This is one of those questions we will probably be fighting over until the end of time. Unfortunately it causes many problems and we have more problems then we can handle.
  • hazel Wally-M... 2011/06/20 14:12:37
    hazel
    +1
    God is God of us all and there are things that , science proves one day and finds a different answer the next...I am not a "religious person..I am a spiritual believer....I have been shown that humans , at least for me , tend to muck up my relationship with God
  • Wally-M... hazel 2011/06/20 14:56:08
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    Hi Hazel, The nature of science and experimentation is that there are always questions. As time goes on the answers to new questions discredit the old assumptions. The theory of evolution is still not complete.

All I can say about other humans is they are always trying to change other humans to be more like them. They can only affect you and your relationship with God if you allow them to.

I appreciate that you are a spiritual person. I have found more and more people describe themselves that way. I think organized religion is pushing people away because of strict, unbending, rules and expectations. And because it causes division between people.

Has creating this poll helped you or caused you more discomfort? Just asking.
  • hazel Wally-M... 2011/06/20 15:35:53
    hazel
    It has no affect on my belief........my goal was to see how people of no faith have come to that conclusion.....God has given me very strict rules and expectations....Mans rules are always peppered with their own wants and egos..then things get messy ....(.for me)
    I have a different thought
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +3

• hazel CUDDLY ... 2011/06/20 05:47:25
    hazel
    +2
    Very good reply...thank you ..God bless
  • Wally-M... CUDDLY ... 2011/06/20 06:07:03
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    I hate to disappoint you but your statement is totally false. You are guessing and assuming that you can know what an Atheist thinks and feels. What's the point of living? Just like yours. To be happy and to know why. I think the basic difference boils down to, we live for this our only life and don't care or get caught up in living for one that is hearsay.
  • CUDDLY ... Wally-M... 2011/06/20 08:22:41
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +1
    It's an opinion. I am just as entitled to mine as you are to yours.

If you don't believe in a God, I'll pray for you.
  • Wally-M... CUDDLY ... 2011/06/20 11:58:16
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    Yes we are all entitled to our opinions. You make the assumption that to believe as you do is the only way to fulfillment. An Atheists life must be dull in your opinion. The only thing you know is what goes on in your head. Superstitions and all. Don't waste your breath on prayers for me.
  • Cindy64... CUDDLY ... 2011/06/20 14:36:44
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +1
    I agree and I will pray for his soul as well ...The whole point about people who do not believe in God is they HATE God! I could be wrong but some people I know this is why they DO NOT believe in God!
  • CUDDLY ... Cindy64... 2011/06/20 22:20:19
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +1
    Actually, I think the HATE is often a mask for ANGER at God. They are ticked off for whatever reason and instead of indicating that they are angry, they decide to hate Him instead. It's easier on the psyche I would guess to deny Him altogether.
  • Cindy64... CUDDLY ... 2011/06/21 05:07:52
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +1
    Yes what you posted is very TRUE 100%!!! I really should of posted that they ARE angry at God!!
  • Cindy64... CUDDLY ... 2011/06/20 14:31:58
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    Wow very , very good relpy and what you said is 100% TRUE!!!!

2014/12/21 16:39:37