Can you help me tell if this Coach bag is authentic?

-Daughter of Apollo- 2012/03/07 03:03:06
Hi! I just bought this Coach handbag from a Goodwill store for $18. I know I should trust Goodwill, but I just want to make sure. From what I've read to look for, it seems to be authentic. Can you guys help me out? It would be much appreciated!!

*Sorry for the poor picture quality. My phone doesn't take great pictures, but I hope they are good enough.

Coach bag black
^^Yes, the top part looks a bit blue, but it IS black!!
Coach tag credo
^^Does have a serial number on bottom
Coach bag zipper
Coach bag corner

• Shannon Schreiner 2013/12/01 22:42:38
    Shannon Schreiner
    +4
    I just got this exact same bag (except for a different serial no) at a local Goodwill - did you ever find out if yours was real? Coach told me they can't authenticate it because then counterfeiters would learn from them.

• Shannon Schreiner 2013/12/01 22:42:38
    Shannon Schreiner
    +4
  • -Daught... Shannon... 2013/12/02 01:18:00
    -Daughter of Apollo-
    No, I did not.
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2012/03/08 13:46:34
  • Clay Slayer 2012/03/07 16:33:31
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    How to Detect a Faux Coach Handbag from an Authentic Coach Handbag Print this article Instructions

1
    Look closely at the Coach "C" logos on the outside of the bag. They should all be symmetrical, especially at the seams. Notice whether any of the "C" logos are cut off at any of the bag's edges or seams. An authentic Coach bag does not display a logo that has been severed or partially sewn into a seam. No matter how slight the compromise may be, the "C" should be completely in tact.

2
    Verify that all of the stitching is a uniform double-thickness. Any thin, single-thread or inconsistent stitching indicates a fake Coach handbag.

3
    Check the lining on signature Coach bags. Signature bags do not have signature linings. Signature linings are used by Coach, but only in bags with solid-colored exteriors.

4
    Check the bag for a lining. Leaving the lining out of a bag is an easy way to cut costs when manufacturing a fake bag. All authentic Coach handbags are lined, with only one exception. The Coach Classic is sold without a lining.

5
    Look beyond the serial number or authentication code. Many designers use such codes and Coach is no exception. The difference is that Coach is very inconsistent with the use and application of these numbers. It is not uncommon to find Coach bags ...

1

2

3

4

5
    Look beyond the serial number or authentication code. Many designers use such codes and Coach is no exception. The difference is that Coach is very inconsistent with the use and application of these numbers. It is not uncommon to find Coach bags from different lines with the exact same number. Because of this, these codes are not a reliable means for determining authenticity.

Read more: How to Identify an Authentic Coach Handbag | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_20447...
  • Muver 2012/03/07 05:05:09
    Muver
    +1
    I just went and brought my authentic Coach Bag. that I got from a Coach Store. and I will say that if it IS a fake, it is a perfect one....my C's look identical to those on your bag, and on the zipper as you are showing above I also have the YKK...My shoulder strap stitching is a little different, but that could just be a style thing....Mine is a "bucket" purse...mine is lined in a bluish fabric and does NOT have that big leather square in it.

I think it is highly likely yours is authentic and you got the buy of the century....

If you want to be totally sure, take it to a Coach Store, and they can authenticate it.
  • The Winter Sodahead 2012/03/07 04:46:13
    The Winter Sodahead
    +1
    That is actually a shapeshifting alien bent on taking over the planet
  • Jiorgia 2012/03/07 04:33:42
    Jiorgia
    +1
    why should it matter if its authentic or not?
    unless your planning on reselling it shouldn't be an issue.
    brands aren't everything.
    +1
    Take it to a Coach store and they can tell you
  • -Daught... Jackie ... 2012/03/07 03:22:25
    -Daughter of Apollo-
    +1
    Thank you! I was actually thinking of that.

2014/10/30 16:36:47