Can you be gay AND a Christian?

CatyaSho 2012/08/28 11:19:21
Yes of course, but they CAN'T act on their homosexuality/ or if they seek help from church.
Yes of course and they CAN have a homosexual relationship.
No way, that's contradictory!
They can be until they come out. Then they can't themselves Christians anymore.
God doesn't care whether you're gay/ heterosexual
Other opinion (please comment)
I've just wondered what kind of opinions are out there.
I've heard many people say that homosexuality isn't right because the bible says so. But I've also met people who are gay and still call themselves a Christian.

What do you think? Can people be gay AND Christian??

• Red_eyed_Moth 2012/12/11 19:34:04
    Other opinion (please comment)
    Red_eyed_Moth
    I think one can be homosexual AND believe in God... well, who said that God is straight, huh? ;D It strongly depends on who God is.
  • iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/09/02 18:41:12
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    +1
    Simple yes.
  • eliza 2012/08/31 12:52:48
    Other opinion (please comment)
    eliza
    My child's father hides in the closet! Nd his Christian he knows deep down if he acts apron it he will not be accepted in the church nor his family . Did god say that we should not be gay??? He said that man should not lay with man but it doesn't say lady shall not lay with lady. So can us ladies be lesbians and be ccepted in the church?? Or r we just all confused on what the hell the bible is trying to teach us??? Who Hurd god say these words???? CHINESE WHISPERS PEOPLE!!!
  • elijahin24 2012/08/29 15:21:46
    Other opinion (please comment)
    elijahin24
    +1
    To be a Christian is simply to follow the teachings of Yeshua of Nazareth, who said nothing about homosexuality.
  • AshtonInTheWake 2012/08/29 12:46:58
    No way, that's contradictory!
    AshtonInTheWake
    It's an abomination to the Lord. An Abomination is literally something that makes one sick to one's stomach. It's that way because it's like slapping God Himself in the face and saying "I know better than You, and I say that this is right." Plus, God only said He'd join a man and woman's soul together in holy matrimony. God saved the word translated as abomination for few things, such as divorce (which is wrong) and homosexuality. Also, it is an abomination because it is a lifestyle of unrepentant sin. God doesn't fly very well with that, and repentance to God is part of receiving salvation and the Holy Spirit. Btw, I don't hate gays, and I vote for gay rights. No-one should be denied basic civil liberties that are granted to all US citizens... Anyway, I hope no-one took this as a hate thing... It's just what the Bible says, in 1st John chapter 2:3-5, "3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him." and if homosexuality is a sin... Then it's just not possible, as much as I would like to hope otherwise.
  • eliza AshtonI... 2012/08/31 13:06:10
    eliza
    How is it? Can u guarantee that very quotation out of the bible is said by the man himself?
  • AshtonI... eliza 2012/09/01 20:16:28
    AshtonInTheWake
    by the man himself? you mean the Lord? :o The Lord still has will upon this Earth, and He is not the author of confusion. He would not allow people to go on living a lie without the Truth there for them to find if they just looked :P Also, it's His Word, the Bible, He would not allow that to be corrupted by man without an uncorrupted version, the real version if you will. He provides a way for the Truth to be known.
  • Mtnsmith 2012/08/29 12:22:20 (edited)
    Yes of course, but they CAN'T act on their homosexuality/ or if they seek hel...
    Mtnsmith
    Being a homosexual (i.e., having sexual desire towards those of the same sex) is not the problem mentioned in the Bible. What is very clearly stated is that such feelings, when resulting in sexual relations, is wrong.

In other words, it's not the desire, it's the carrying it out. Same for pedophiles, by the way. If an adult's sexual desire is directed toward 5 year old children, that is simply a fact of their nature or nurture. It's the carrying out of sexual acts with the object of that desire that is wrong.

It is very difficult, if not often impossible, to change what excites us sexually. What the Bible teaches is that the sin occurs when we give in to those impulses. The list of sexual sin in the Bible includes homosexuality and incest; interesting that homosexuality is being celebrated in our culture today, yet most of us still agree that incest is wrong. Quite a contradiction, actually...
  • CatyaSho Mtnsmith 2012/08/31 09:51:20
    CatyaSho
    Well, homosexual couples can't create natural offspring, while the offspring of incest couples might be mentally or physically disabled etc. so I fail to see the contradiction
  • Lucius Archangel 2012/08/29 08:30:57 (edited)
    Lucius Archangel
    +1
    God love all humans equally.(with all do resepect, please dont bother trying to debate my opinion, im not going to change it so dont waste yours and my time, )this is my personal opinion
  • Mtnsmith Lucius ... 2012/08/29 12:27:01
    Mtnsmith
    +1
    Absolutely right. The Bible is clear that God loves his Creation with a love that we cannot even fathom.

It's equally clear, however, that He doesn't love many of our behaviors with the same zeal.
  • Lucius ... Mtnsmith 2012/08/30 05:47:44
    Lucius Archangel
    Yeah thats true. i personally think that if ur born gay or just develope it naturally from a yyoung age its fine, but experimenting as a teen for "fun" cuz your "curious" is a whole different story.
  • Raphy 2012/08/29 03:58:03
    No way, that's contradictory!
    Raphy
    Can you truly say you believe the bible if you read what it says about "men who lye with men will not inherit God's kingdom." I know there are a lot of hypocrites out there that do something worst than this. I can't call them Christians either.
  • eliza Raphy 2012/08/31 13:04:34
    eliza
    True it does say that but does it speak for us ladies too? We all have our interpretation of the bible but is the quotation of men who lye with men will not inherit gods kingdom based on men in general or about us girls too. What about the fact that god made us so y would he make us gay at birth etc..? And even if that quotation was intended for both sexes why not make it cleaner for all of us? Like no one here in this day n age has ever met the creator and to be frank who the fuk wrote the bible to be the one to say this is what god said how do they noe that? Is that wat mummy n daddy taught them or brainwashed them so they think like that and put it in the bible wats to say god even said that? Like c'mon ppl if it was god himself uh wrote it than sure I'd believe it but it wasnt it was from one of his followers. If I had a follower hi wrote a bible saying Eliza said that every child has to eat 1 food only does that make it correct?
  • Cam ☽✪☾ 2012/08/29 03:43:28
    Cam ☽✪☾
    I know a lebian couple that go to church every sunday with their child:)
  • Independent Thinker 2012/08/29 03:29:09
    Other opinion (please comment)
    Independent Thinker
    Only God can judge. Each person travels down their own road and make his or her own choice. The Bible speaks of free will. I believe that if a person seeks truth he or she will find it and yes, a person can have a committment to Christ and be homosexual.
  • xXSecret-RaineXx 2012/08/29 02:50:32
    xXSecret-RaineXx
    being christian means u believe in 1 god.. Yes the Bible says something about not being with the same gender.. but i believe that anyone can be christian..
  • FortunaVeritas 2012/08/29 01:50:38
    FortunaVeritas
    I honestly don't know why someone would want to be a Christian in this day and age with all of the bigoted christians that are trying to force us into a backwards, anti-science theocracy, but, yeah, you can be gay and a christian.
  • jc 2012/08/29 01:48:23
    No way, that's contradictory!
    jc
    According to the bible homosexuality is an abomination.
  • Cam ☽✪☾ jc 2012/08/29 03:42:04
    Cam ☽✪☾
    +2
    So is mixed fabric clothing which i can garuntee you have worn so does that make you any better than the "abominations" you speak of?
  • Mtnsmith Cam ☽✪☾ 2012/08/29 12:40:25
    Mtnsmith
    You are unclear about the difference between the Old Testament (think 'old contract') and the New Testament (think 'new contract'.)

Under the Old Contract, people attempted to make themselves holy and acceptable to God by their own efforts. "If I can eat the right foods, wear the right clothes, wash my hands in the right way... I can make myself Good Enough." Didn't work, but that didn't stop them from trying.

Then this new, young, hotshot contract negotiator came to town, and when He was finished with His work, the Old Contract was gone forever. The New Contract still speaks of personal responsibility, but all the old legalistic rules are gone, replaced by relationship with God through His "Negotiator."
  • jc Cam ☽✪☾ 2012/08/29 23:18:46
    jc
    This is not about me being better.I was simply stating what the bible says about homosexuality.I did not write the book.Nor do I give a crap about it.
  • Phoenix 2012/08/29 01:24:26 (edited)
    Phoenix
    +2
    That's the 'wonderful' thing about religion, it's so ambiguous that you can interpret it and follow it however you want.
    westboro fags

gay christians
  • moomoof 2012/08/29 01:04:27
    moomoof
    Happens all the time its nothing special really lol
  • SICARIO 2012/08/29 01:02:37
    No way, that's contradictory!
    SICARIO
  • moomoof SICARIO 2012/08/29 01:05:02
    moomoof
    She wasn't gay she was an abused child by her straight parents mind you
  • Jana~ una chica loca 2012/08/28 23:18:24
    Other opinion (please comment)
    Jana~ una chica loca
    +1
    WHO CARES?
  • bob h. 2012/08/28 22:58:18
  • ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥ 2012/08/28 22:42:53
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    +1
    Of course they can be gay and Christian...
  • reaper 2012/08/28 19:13:07
    reaper
    i've known some people that are both, yes.
  • laydeelapis 2012/08/28 18:56:37
    Other opinion (please comment)
    laydeelapis
    I've always heard that the Bible says homosexuality is wrong but I've never read that passage myself. A lot of my Christian friends are okay with it to a degree but not completely because they say it's against their faith and a lot of them also don't care and are okay with it. So I don't know. Seems contradictory to me.
  • xcheshirecat 2012/08/28 17:28:09
    xcheshirecat
    nothing in the bible is against gays, only how people read it
  • vampire_lord 2012/08/28 17:00:17
    vampire_lord
    i go to a catholic school and we have 2 gay teachers and over 100 gay pupils (and that's openly gay)
  • CatyaSho vampire... 2012/08/31 09:56:50
    CatyaSho
    Wow that's very open-minded! I've known a boy who was kicked out of catholic school for outing himself...
  • Claise 2012/08/28 16:58:12
    Other opinion (please comment)
    Claise
    now me Im Gay, but what I heard from the bible is that homosexuality is sin according to the bible
  • 3003573 2012/08/28 16:57:51
  • Mtnsmith 3003573 2012/08/29 12:44:27
    Mtnsmith
    And you know that how?
  • 3003573 Mtnsmith 2012/08/29 12:49:36
  • Mtnsmith 3003573 2012/08/29 12:54:49
    Mtnsmith
    OK, all you unmarried guys living in mom's basement playing W.O.W with your MALE friends, you've heard the proclamation and you are all officially gay now. Just thought y'all might want to know....
  • 3003573 Mtnsmith 2012/08/29 13:21:26

2014/07/28 06:34:38