Can Women Be "Turned" Into Lesbians?

You might be straight today, but you could be a lesbian tomorrow, according to a couple of new studies.

Deleting just one gene at the embryo stage turned female mice into lesbians, causing them to reject the advances of males and "hit on" other female mice, The Telegraph reported.

No word on whether this discovery was relevant to human sexuality, but anything is possible.

Meanwhile, another researcher talked to 200 lesbians who had previously been in heterosexual marriages. She concluded that there is "great potential for heterosexual women to experience a first same-sex attraction well into adulthood," Asylum reported. Yikes! Hope we didn't just waste $30,000 on our wedding!

It also works the other way. Still another study found that women who classified themselves as "lesbians" later became heterosexual.

Do You Think Straight Women Can "Turn" Into Lesbians?

Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/78...

• LifeIsComedyPHAET 2010/07/14 02:49:47
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    +4
    Here's how:
    Start young, kidnap a baby girl.
    When they hit puberty and start thinking about boys you use shock treatment. Everytime they look at a boy they get shocked. Eventually they will associate boys with pain.
    After that you start using hypnosis for about two hours every day. Within 8 years they will believe they are lesbians.

*note: hypnosis must be kept up for the duration of their lifespan, failure to do so will result in them reverting back to whatever sexuality they were born with.

• Bob 2011/08/08 02:05:05
    Bob
    Well......... you never know: I am not going to try to understand why some women I find very beautiful one day hetrosexual one day lesbian. All I know is I am 100% hetrosexual male and I love women end of subject.
  • watchingtheclouds 2010/07/15 06:57:49
    watchingtheclouds
    There have been cases of straight women who have been in abusive relationships with men or have been put off men so badly that they become lesbians... simply because they can't handle men anymore. I guess in that way straight women can turn into lesbians. Additionally some women might simply discover their true sexuality later in life, giving the impression that they 'turned' into a lesbian.
  • Janet 2010/07/14 19:30:44 (edited)
    Janet
    +1
    First of all, I am straight.I don't know if the reason why I think this is because I've been watching too much Pretty Little Liars.I think that some women choose to be gay .Other women are turned gay.I don't mean by some injection.I mean by women who are already gay.Men can't be turned gay,they choose it. For those of you that watch PLL (Pretty Little Liars),you know that Emily is a lesbian.She wasn't gay before.She had a boyfriend.Then she met Maya who is obviously gay.Then before you know it they are kissing in a photo booth.They're talking about feelings. I think Toby was the first person who she told she was gay to (which happened on the Homecomeing episode).Then on the same episode Maya's telling Emily to look into her eyes and tell that she doesn't have feelings for HER,NOT HIM,HER.Guess what? She couldn't do it.
  • Queen B 2010/07/14 12:22:38
  • will Queen B 2010/07/14 12:56:01
  • urwutuis 2010/07/14 09:36:57
    urwutuis
    I don't think we get to choose what turns us on. I could no more get a woody from looking at another guy than I could swallow a pitchfork. It may not be totally genetic but I don't see how it could possibly be a choice.
  • carlton999 2010/07/14 09:20:00
    carlton999
    it is also said that lesbian couple on have sex 3 to 4 times a year on an average. most heterosexual women who become Lesbians do not like sex that much.

this is just what I heard...........so don't shoot me.
  • Carlo 2010/07/14 07:23:38
    Carlo
    If there's any truth to the stories I hear from women about the way they are treated by the men in their lives. Its quite possible.
    And if the porn depicting it being as hot as it can be. Could have the ability to intice even the less adventurous ones. So be careful what you watch with your women guys.
    And just remember this too. They are probably going to find your fantasy of a threesome with another woman, a very bad idea reguardless.
  • thє вluє wαndєrєr 2010/07/14 07:10:33
  • Mike56 2010/07/14 06:32:50
    Mike56
    Yes, as a choice.
  • KKJ Mike56 2010/07/14 12:42:28
    KKJ
    Are you suggesting that all people can choose to find an act or lifestyle that repulses them unrepulsive?
    What do you base that assertion on?
  • Charlie 2010/07/14 04:25:44
    Charlie
    Im not a woman,.I'm a straight man and I know it couldn't turn gay.Never had an attraction to men.
  • JJ 2010/07/14 04:24:01
    JJ
    +2
    Okay, if scientists are doing these sort of studies.. I want to be a scientist.
    Who came up with the idea to see if women can be turned from straight to lesbians? I mean, was this some random question/thought that was tossed around during lunch break or something and the people decided to give it a shot?
  • Kristen Enzo Kadett 2010/07/14 04:20:25
    Kristen Enzo Kadett
    I don't think I can...
  • Jade 2010/07/14 04:18:15
    Jade
    +2
    I think human sexuality is a lot more complicated than we think. Why does it have to be about man or woman, gay straight or lesbian? why does gender have to be a factor?
  • jzambada 2010/07/14 04:02:01
    jzambada
    +1
    for some, it's just a matter of realization of their sexuality. for others, i know i've met girls who lie about their sexuality just because they wanna try dating another girl or a lesbian may try dating a guy. you can't be changed; it's just a matter of how you deal with what you know and don't know about your sexuality.
  • Scarr~Green with Envy 2010/07/14 03:34:08
    Scarr~Green with Envy
    I think that it's a choice, not a gene.....
  • Ann Scarr~G... 2010/07/14 04:56:35
    Ann
    me too
  • Carlo Scarr~G... 2010/07/14 07:34:09
    Carlo
    I believe it is as well. Being one of a product of nurture rather than nature.
    I also think the idea of labeling is one of choice too. One just may seem to accept the label wholeheartedly when they realize their preference.
    Generally learning these things about one sexuality are by experiences seeked.
  • Son of Furious 2010/07/14 03:32:44
    Son of Furious
    Its a choice, no one is born homosexual. I know this because I have close friends and a family member who considers themselves to be bi or homosexual. Guess what my "homosexual" relative still likes women.
  • Carlo Son of ... 2010/07/14 07:37:02
    Carlo
    Wouldn't that just make him Bi, even if he lives with a guy?
  • urwutuis Son of ... 2010/07/14 09:32:10
    urwutuis
    Can you actually know anything based on such limited information?.
    Either the idea of hairy butt sex gives a guy a woody or it doesn't. I don't think you get to choose what turns you on.

You can open a sears catalog to any page and somebody somewhere has a thing for it.
    There was a guy once that got off swallowing shaved Barbie doll heads. Does that sound like a choice?
    Could you choose to be turned on by wading boots or to enjoy sex with a dead hamster? Not likely.
  • Tina 2010/07/14 03:15:46
    Tina
    Doubtful.
    I doubt you can turn a man into a fag if he wasn't already gay.
  • leth 2010/07/14 03:09:26
    leth
  • Cass 2010/07/14 02:58:53
    Cass
    +1
    ... I'm scared of the impact the "Real L Word" has had on me. Those girls are just too hot for their....Oh dear, there is a problem :P
  • Zolfie™ Cass 2010/07/14 18:41:40
    Zolfie™
    o? so you think you could change at any time? =/ :P
  • LifeIsComedyPHAET 2010/07/14 02:49:47
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    +4
    Here's how:
    Start young, kidnap a baby girl.

• Carlo LifeIsC... 2010/07/14 07:42:09
    Carlo
    Talk about some real science!
    Now my sick mind wants to see the movie "based on a true story" on LMN. lol
  • Samanthug118 2010/07/14 02:40:07
    Samanthug118
    +1
    No.No.No.No.No. Just like lesbian can't magically become straight. It's just not going to happen people.
  • LifeIsC... Samanth... 2010/07/14 02:50:20
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    hypnosis and electro shock is quite effective.
  • Samanth... LifeIsC... 2010/07/14 02:52:37
  • LifeIsC... Samanth... 2010/07/14 02:54:29
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    +1
    Oh god...don't tell me you're one of those people who believe in 'human rights' and 'humane experiments'. DX
  • Samanth... LifeIsC... 2010/07/14 03:00:25 (edited)
    Samanthug118
    +2
    eww. no. if you were kidding, i hadn't realized it that's why i made that face
  • LifeIsC... Samanth... 2010/07/14 03:31:43
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    +1
    I'm kidding.
    Chillax
  • Bob Samanth... 2011/08/09 17:18:56
    Bob
    +1
    Hey......Samanthug118 unique name I like it. I agree in some ways. My brother n law is totally gay and we can tell, nothing against him that I believe is just the way he is. I feel some women being very sensitive and touchy feely etc can try being lesbians but true lesbians? I don't think so.
  • Janet Samanth... 2010/07/16 17:26:29
    Janet
    It is possible to be gay then become straight.There were these guys on Oprah that used to be gay ,but, are now straight.
  • Samanth... Janet 2010/07/17 03:21:34
    Samanthug118
    those are people who were probably not so sure of themselves to begin with
  • Janet Samanth... 2010/07/20 15:47:40
    Janet
    They were sure that they were gay.The reason why I know that is because how they act.
  • Samanth... Janet 2010/07/21 01:21:43
    Samanthug118
    well i mean, i can act like a guy. does that mean i changed genders?
  • UnckSam 2010/07/14 02:31:01
    UnckSam
    +2
    I know they can. My old girl friend is now a lesbian. Yeah, ...I'm still running all that through my mind too. Was I the best so there was no replacing me? Was I so bad that I broke her from ever wanting a man again? Or is it simply...I love babes, why wouldn't everybody? That and how many licks does it take to get to the center of a totsie-pop....The world may never know.

2014/07/24 15:24:01