Can we still kill Obamacare?

Tasine 2012/03/13 15:09:32
I am disgusted that Obamacare was instituted, forced, before any other possible cures were ever explored. I find that deplorable. I think there are myriads of ways to insure every American other than through the most incompetent group of people in America - our politicians. In addition to that, paying for someone else's insurance should be a voluntary thing..............not a government mandate with orders in one hand and a pistol in the other.

Assuming that Obamacare will die a gasping breath if the gods are with Americans, there may be better solutions to health care coverage for those who cannot afford it.

I'm just tossing this idea out to see what reactions it receives.

What if you would never have to worry again about receiving quality health care?

What if we could get government TOTALLY out of our health care and handle it strictly and totally by private citizens? What if the government would have absolutely NO access to your health or your health care?

What if, instead of PETA or Media Matters or the Cancer Society or the Lung Association or any number of organizations that exist on donations, getting millions of dollars from donations, some of those millions of dollars instead went to needy families for health insurance? I would think health care would be as important to donors as are political foundations and organizations, wouldn't you?

What if insurance companies KNEW they would get every American's business - no medicaid, no Obamacare? Might they lower their prices?

What if individuals and/or groups adopted less fortunate families - paid for them to have regular health insurance?

What if thousands of people could afford, financially, to pay for less fortunate people's health insurance, would place no restrictions on type of coverage, and would agree to the recipient doing the purchasing of the insurance so that no one would ever know the patient was unable to pay his own way?

This is not totally thought out, and I don't know if it is possible, but I believe it could be a great boon to the American discourse and a great way to cut government meddling into a most private issue.

If we could get government meddling severely lessened on doctors, hospitals, nurses, nursing homes, pharmacies, etc, it just might be that our costs would be less - and insurance companies might help us in this matter.

Obamacare is NOT a good answer, my friends. It is vile. It gives bureaucrats almost total control over our life and death issues - and that is ALWAYS a bad idea whether or not Progressives believe it.

I merely want to get some conversation going to replace the hated Obamacare once it proves to the imbeciles that it is a vile thing and not an answer any American should want.

Please share your thoughts and ideas here on this topic.

• Dale 2012/03/13 15:23:25
    Dale
    +5
    The longer the weed grows, the deeper the roots. It will be hard to pull it out, but it can still be done, if we do not let it grow much longer.

• beach bum 2012/04/08 22:11:56
    beach bum
    the power of the people can do it if they so choose
  • LarryFine 2012/03/14 13:35:19
    LarryFine
    +2
    I believe we can get rid of Gooberment care. People in America have become accustomed to a higher standard of care. The first time a medical bureaucrat get between them and their doctor, they'll will quickly join the ranks of those who opposed this from its inception.

Regarding the monies for research, as long as it comes from private sources, I say that is personal preference. As far as big pharma goes, NO public funding. There's lots of money in searching for cures; not so much after one is found....
  • iamnothere 2012/03/14 10:45:42
    iamnothere
    +2
    Think what you are describing looks a lot like what medical was before government started getting into medicine .. Medicare was the first of government working to kill medical coverage where people take care of themselves
  • Tasine iamnothere 2012/03/14 11:21:12
    Tasine
    +2
    At about the same time as Medicare made its debut, county hospitals started closing. County hospitals was once how we took care of those who couldn't afford to pay for medical care. That's also when we started kicking the mentally ill and handicapped out onto the streets and calling them "normal". All of this is government mucking around in health care. Government cannot even diagnose the cancer that is government - government has no honest role in health care - or any other endeavor that is private business.
  • iamnothere Tasine 2012/03/14 13:19:24
    iamnothere
    +2
    I would love to see government totally out of the picture..
  • Tasine iamnothere 2012/03/14 15:07:13
    Tasine
    +2
    Oh, it could happen except that we have a huge segment of gimmes in America now. It was once shameful to take handouts - now it's almost required to be accepted. Not only did we give the poor what they didn't do for themselves, we made it highly respectable (good old political correctness at work!)
  • iamnothere Tasine 2012/03/14 15:26:16
    iamnothere
    +2
    it is a sad commentary isnt it??
  • Tasine iamnothere 2012/03/14 15:32:59
    Tasine
    +1
    Yes, it is. shed a tear
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/03/14 03:58:46
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    never too late
  • Patriot Unit 2012/03/13 23:28:22
    Patriot Unit
    +2
    Well, we should, and I hope that we do. But I have to agree with the top opinion. That is why the Administration. Congress and the Supreme Courts has allowed it to be drug out so long. To make it harder for the folks to pull it up by its roots.
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/03/13 21:40:18
    TruBluTopaz
    +3
    I hate to say this, but too many Americans have been complacent about our nation. They don't vote and when they do they vote based on such shallow, last minute issues as to make the situation worse. Jefferson said (and I paraphrase) that we may not get the government we want, but by and large we get the government we deserve. Decades of placating specific groups by creating legislation where they would get money from Washington in exchange for their votes has created a situation of dependency.
  • Rore73 2012/03/13 19:11:33
    Rore73
    +2
    I believe that the majority of Americans want it repealed, even some of the people that were once for Obamacare are having second thoughts.
  • mustangluver 2012/03/13 16:56:47
    mustangluver
    +2
    Not if Romney wins the presidency. The goals of any government overhaul of our health care system must be to improve quality, accessibility and affordability. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, fails on all three counts. Plus, the individual mandate is unconstitutional – as I believe the Supreme Courts will find this summer.

Obamacare is nothing less than an attempt to impose a “single payer” system on America’s diversity. Its advocates admit that it is the first step toward universal health coverage in a system that is federally-funded and federally-managed. That is a recipe for disaster. Even Canada is backing away from government-mandated health coverage as more and more Canadians flock across the borders to New York and other states to get life-saving operations that have been rationed in their own country. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL! The Democrats argue that Obamacare will dramatically reduce costs, but in fact these alleged future cost savings simply shift the costs to individuals and small businesses by driving up the cost of private health care premiums, and to the states by dumping millions of uninsured Americans into state Medicaid programs. (14% of Marylanders today are on Medicaid, and that number will grow dramatically as Obama...

Obamacare is nothing less than an attempt to impose a “single payer” system on America’s diversity. Its advocates admit that it is the first step toward universal health coverage in a system that is federally-funded and federally-managed. That is a recipe for disaster. Even Canada is backing away from government-mandated health coverage as more and more Canadians flock across the borders to New York and other states to get life-saving operations that have been rationed in their own country. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL! The Democrats argue that Obamacare will dramatically reduce costs, but in fact these alleged future cost savings simply shift the costs to individuals and small businesses by driving up the cost of private health care premiums, and to the states by dumping millions of uninsured Americans into state Medicaid programs. (14% of Marylanders today are on Medicaid, and that number will grow dramatically as Obamacare kicks in). Check this out..it is chock full of nec info..
    http://communities.washington...
  • kcandi mustang... 2012/03/13 17:44:21
    kcandi
    +2
    Funny, Obamacare is pretty damn close to what Romney put into effect in MA.
  • Tasine mustang... 2012/03/13 18:04:19
    Tasine
    +1
    Thanks for the link. I'll get to it shortly. Great comments and info!
  • mustang... Tasine 2012/03/13 19:14:18
    mustangluver
    +1
    Thank you love..
  • mwg0735 2012/03/13 16:41:33
  • HOMBRE 2012/03/13 16:40:20
    HOMBRE
    +2
    I see Obama wanted to borrow a extra 850 million dollars to just get this started. Congress will vote this down. I think this will be a no fly zone around election. Dem's know this is not popular with the people. This is way over budget and expenses have gone on over 25 % what Obama said it would be.He lied when he said the cost of insurance would be cheaper just as he lied when he said you could keep your doctor
  • mustang... HOMBRE 2012/03/13 16:58:22
  • Ms. Mom... HOMBRE 2012/03/14 01:57:23
    Ms. Mom - profits employ, taxes destroy
    +2
    The CBO just doubled the cost of obamacare over the next 10 years to abut 1.7 trillion dollars!
  • prosperhappily 2012/03/13 16:40:13
    prosperhappily
    +2
    I hate the individual mandate.
  • HOMBRE 2012/03/13 16:19:37
  • Tasine HOMBRE 2012/03/13 16:34:34
    Tasine
    +1
    True, so give me some of yours - I am working to get a replacement plan for when Obamacare folds. I need help. I need suggestions. Please read all I wrote and give me your take, please.
  • mustang... Tasine 2012/03/13 16:58:54
  • BrianD3 2012/03/13 15:44:20
  • Tasine BrianD3 2012/03/13 16:35:37
    Tasine
    +2
    I need input, Brian. This is something I want to try to get started - thinking before the collectivist idiots in DC come up with a replacement plan that won't be constitutional either. Got any ideas you can share?
  • BrianD3 Tasine 2012/03/13 17:19:27
    BrianD3
    +1
    I have no good ideas other than to let the free market handle it. If you look at the costs of medical proceedures that are covered by insurance or medicare they are astronomical because they know that they can get away with it. BUT if you look at many of the elective proceedures, they are not nearly so expensive and guess what? The government and the insurance have no hand in that.

So the best I can say is to eliminate not just the government interference in our medical care but to eliminate the insurance companies.
  • Dale 2012/03/13 15:23:25
    Dale
    +5
  • Tasine Dale 2012/03/13 15:42:11
    Tasine
    +4
    I have a friend who believes Obamacare will fall flat on its face, and I hope he is right. We need to get ahead of the politicians on "what to do next" if Obamacare falls because we KNOW their "cure" would be just as bad.
  • Tasine Dale 2012/03/13 16:36:13
    Tasine
    +3
    Ideas, Dale. I need ideas. I need feedback. Can you help?
  • Dale Tasine 2012/03/14 22:37:17
    Dale
    Informed voting in the next General would be a good place to start.
  • mustang... Dale 2012/03/13 16:59:34
  • Tasine mustang... 2012/03/13 18:16:04
    Tasine
    +2
    Went to the site - and wound up emailing the author asking for HIS input and stressing we do not want a GOVENMENT solution.

2014/04/21 12:50:09