Can The Girl Propose to The Guy??

Scar 2012/09/24 16:23:23
Well...
Long story short, Im head over heels in love. The guy Im with has put up with all my bullshit for the longest time and he still tells me he loves me no matter what. We've had our ups, plenty of down, and due to recent relation repairs we've never been better off. We've talked about marrige before but the thing is I want to be the one to ask...I care about him more than I can explain, and I want to be the one that asks him to spend the rest of our lives together. But my only fear is that he wont want me to do it, as if he wants to have that typical mans right in marrige to say he asked the woman to be his. But I have my heart set on it so..Im flustered. Help??? (particularly from an older audience, aka no one whos like 12, and people in a legit long-term relationship)

• Alice 2012/09/28 01:00:48
    Well...
    Alice
    +3
    It doesn't really matter to me, if girls do. I mean I prefer the guy too. But It doesn't really matter.

• ehrhornp 2012/10/08 16:48:32
    ehrhornp
    Anything is possible. Depends obviously on the person you want to marry. Some guys can easily handle this, others cannot. Good luck.
  • RasHooD 2012/10/03 19:25:38
    Well...
    RasHooD
    She can Tell Him About Her Feelings, but Don't Propose to Men
  • Transquesta 2012/10/03 19:10:28
    Transquesta
    I was proposed to by my girlfriend in one of my very first 'intense' relationships. I didn't marry her, but the precedent had been set. I don't see anything wrong with the woman proposing, but not every guy can handle it. Proceed cautiously. Keep telling him you wanna get married. If he doesn't respond, then you can ask--but be prepared for him to say no, not yet, freak out, etc.

But what do I know. I'm only 12. ROFLOL!
  • Rob Williams 2012/10/03 19:04:44
    Rob Williams
    +1
    Do ordinary people still do these artificial, staged proposals?

Surely it's more like you both find yourselves in a place where the next obvious step is to get married and you both decide to take that step together...
  • Mrkando 2012/09/28 03:32:43
    Mrkando
    +2
    This is a key opportunity for you to test his love for you. If he truly loves you as you do him it will not matter to him who propose's. You say you have been through your fair share of up's and down's. That is good because you have seen the other side of each other and you have worked through them. Far too many people today do not do that and find out only too late that they are not right for each other.

This is not something that anyone can truly tell you what to do. Every man looks at this differently and it is a fact that many feel like it is their place to do the asking. But we also know there is nothing magic about it.

There is only one issue that could present itself. If he has already planed on asking you and is trying to work out that special way of doing so, as to surprise you, then when you do ask it would spoil those plans. The only thing for you to do is to try to determine where he is on this without spilling your plans. If you know one of his friends you may want to ask them what they think and determine from that where he may stand on this.

Do not put this off if your heart is set on asking. He may beat you to it.
  • Transqu... Mrkando 2012/10/03 19:12:13
    Transquesta
    +1
    Nice response!
  • Mrkando Transqu... 2012/10/03 23:37:12
    Mrkando
    +1
    Thank you! :-)
  • xXmIsSuNdErStoOdXx 2012/09/28 02:01:22
    Well...
    xXmIsSuNdErStoOdXx
    +1
    Yes, but I think it's the guy's job to propose, not the woman's.
  • Jackal 2012/09/28 01:34:30 (edited)
    Jackal
    +2
    Women want equal rights, right?

That means they should start opening doors for men like men open doors for women.

Can't have equal rights and expect men to do everything. This is 2012... you want to get married to him, so Propose!
  • Alice 2012/09/28 01:00:48
    Well...
    Alice
    +3
  • ikeknight 2012/09/25 03:14:53
    ikeknight
    +1
    I think you should.
  • hermit57 2012/09/24 22:54:53
    Well...
    hermit57
    +1
    Personally, I don't see why not. BUT! If you don't wait and pay attention to what he believes should happen. You could spoil it! Especially if he has bought the ring and has been waiting for the right moment, as he sees it, no matter how long it's been since he's bought the ring. Being impatient can also taint or sometimes ruin a relationship. Even a strong one. It can make a man feel like you don't trust him to make the important decisions. If you insist on being the one to ask, you better know, I mean really know how he feels about such things! I hope this helped give you food for thought, any way.
  • LayLady 2012/09/24 20:49:17
    LayLady
    +1
    why not?
  • Professor Wizard 2012/09/24 20:04:52
    Professor Wizard
    +1
    It is a new world... Women can pop the question just as well as the men.

It is about time they deal with the rejection of someone saying NO! : )
  • sockpuppet 2012/09/24 18:32:37 (edited)
    sockpuppet
    +1
    I've never heard of any man being bothered by the idea that his lady might be the one to pop the question. It's not emasculating or sleazy or anything like that-- seems like it would be the nicest thing a guy could hear if he was in a serious, committed relationship.

A lot of couples don't seem to know *who* proposed-- they'd always just assumed they'd be married at some point.

Take your time with it, if you're going to, and do it exactly the way you want to.
    Make every event in your life a celebration. Best of luck with this! :O)
  • L1 2012/09/24 17:10:27
    L1
    +1
    Sure! Why not?
  • Metaldane 2012/09/24 16:50:41
    Metaldane
    +1
    Yea it doesn't really matter who asks and if he paid more attention to the fact that you asked instead of being happy bout it anyways then I'd say you have a problem there.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/09/24 16:40:32
    Well...
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    It has happened.

2014/11/24 16:08:21