Can teenage, long distance relationships last?

peaches 2012/08/08 03:52:48
People always go off on how 1. Teenage relationships almost never last. and 2. Long distance relationships almost never last. So of course when teenagers go off to college and try for a distance relationship, most people are gonna think "no way!".
So, being a teenager who in 2 weeks time will be in a long distance relationship, I wanna know how many of you have faith in my relationship and of course, others! (:

• maddy.wachowski 2014/12/04 02:42:35
    maddy.wachowski
    I've been in a long distance relationship for 11 months now (so close to a year!) We're both strong followers of God, even if we're not perfect. I believe that if God wants you to be together then it's going to happen. He knows what your future is going to be, after every decision you make. I'm currently a freshmen in high school (weird birthday, should be a sophomore) and he's a sophomore in high school (should be junior, got held back due to circumstances). I think we both struggle with purity and I really do hope God helps keep us on the right path. Because really, he has all the power to separate us even more. They say fear is a form of worship...I as so afraid. Praise the Lord, right? I do honestly believe that if this is God's devine plan for him and me, then we can do this. It's going to be hard with school and time...there is so much waiting, but it's all been worth it. It'll all be worth it if we're together (by the grace of God, right, haha) in the future. Anyone who's not a Christian out there, thanks for continuing to read this even if you arent. Those who are Christian, pray that I may strengthenmy rerelationship with the Lord. Thank you,
    -Maddy Wachowski (Ivywindswept)
  • pat 2014/11/15 08:43:54
    pat
    um I've been in an ldr for about 9 months now with my boyfriend who lives on the other side of the world while I'm in Australia.. we met at my home country at school and ever since he's liked me .. even when i moved here.. and then we decided to date .. at first the distance really sucked but then we found ways to get over it or kinda forget about it by doing stuff together or sort of creating memories together, sharing stories and having things to talk about.. we were also in the same school so there was something common between us .. I kinda ask myself the same question .. if the relationship is going to last.. but i have a feeling it will cause why not ? I mean if we're both committed and have survived 9 months.. then we can survive some more time until he hopefully moves here for university and we could finally close the distance :)
  • Tlynae 2013/06/06 18:27:49
    Tlynae
    As of right now i myself is in a long distance relationship. My current spouse lives in Schererville,Indiana and i live in Biloxi, Mississippi. We are doing okay as of the time being . It is so hard, trusting him but i try not to let that get in the way of our relationship and i want to try to trust him. We have been together for almost a month and we have been moving fast. As in saying" I love you". I'm 16 years old and is a junior in high school, i still live with my parents and they support me. As of the same for him. So do i think it could work yes, if you are committed to the relationship and you want to make it work.
  • Lalaloopti 2013/04/29 22:50:42
    Lalaloopti
    +1
    i have been in a long distance relationship fo 8months now and im a teenager .i met him at a church camp that my cousins attended in another state. i had a boyfriend alredy but we were bound to break up..he was too mushy and lovey dovey BLECH!!back to the story at first i thought he was going to be a jerk because of what my cousins told me about him. when i first saw him i thought OOOO this boy is fine...but a jerk plus one of my cousins liked him. i still remeber the first thing he said to me (i was only 4'9") "how old are you". once he got me to laugh we were cool but when his friend came by us he started to make me laugh too. i ended up liking his friend and broke up with my boyfriend becuz i had found something better. Darius my boyfriend now had a girlfriend at the time anyway but i ddnt know this until we started dating. i liked both boys but one carried me over with his personality. i still had one problem,my cousin liked him.i told her that i liked him and she was a little sad and i felt bad. he started callin me shawty and that made me crazy. after a month of talking after i left that state we started going out and i love him. it has been hard but if you two realy love each other the distance doesnt matter.i get to see maybe twice a month if i get lucky but thats very rare.i never thought i would have a long distance relationship becuz i thought it was pointless without seeing them but i guess i was wrong.
  • DarkMindGirl 2012/11/20 10:05:25
    DarkMindGirl
    +1
    im in that position, but it works for some and not for others, many say it dont because they just think is impossible, depends how much you two are in love
  • Be Original 2012/08/10 01:43:10
    Be Original
    i cant speak for everyone but i can speak for me... mine didnt work he ended up cheating on me, denied to my face, but told a good friend of mine and didnt even know it it didnt hurt when we broke up but its been hard to find someone that likes me for me...
  • Anna 2012/08/09 04:05:07
    Anna
    +1
    Depends on the teens and just how long a distance we're talking. I could never do it, but some can.
  • pooponwalls 2012/08/09 03:42:15
    pooponwalls
    +1
    people change alot when they are young and at a very fast rate it will only work if they really love eachother and won't let any thing get in the way.
  • John Rafael 2012/08/09 02:59:17
    John Rafael
    +2
    it depends the relationship , communication between distances and commitment between 2
  • xXSecret-RaineXx 2012/08/09 00:37:08
    xXSecret-RaineXx
    maybe.... it depends if the girl is a slut.. or whatever.
  • Trevor Roberts 2012/08/08 23:01:56
    Trevor Roberts
    +1
    There just has to be that hope and determination to stand by what your fighting for
  • Barbie ♥ 2012/08/08 22:06:48
    Barbie ♥
    +2
    well i am in one at the moment and it has lasted for a fair while and still is lasting, so theres ur answer!!
  • pheonix 2012/08/08 21:14:03
    pheonix
    +2
    yes anything is possible
  • VenomHalos 2012/08/08 20:56:26
    VenomHalos
    +1
    It's rare, but it's possible.
  • Kronan_1 2012/08/08 20:01:13
    Kronan_1
    +1
    It's been my experience that long distance romance is only a romantic notion. People look for the touch of another and soon forget about the other .Absent from the heart too long makes the other heart wander.
  • Naomi 2012/08/08 19:44:24
    Naomi
    +1
    If they're mature enough to handle it.
  • Veritas 2012/08/08 16:59:48
    Veritas
    +1
    I'm a grown-up (most of the time!) and I believe teenagers really do fall in love and that their feelings are very intense.

My own teenage long distance romance just didn't work. My boyfriend was a little older than me and I was a little naive to think he'd stick around waiting for me to graduate high school and move back!

We got back in contact on Facebook at one point and it was really nice. We will always love one another and talk occasionally, but it just wasn't meant. He's moved on and married now.
  • peaches Veritas 2012/08/08 17:20:04
    peaches
    +1
    Well it's good to know that you guys are still friends (:
  • Veritas peaches 2012/08/08 18:29:03
    Veritas
    +1
    The best . . . if he ever needed anything, I'd be there for him and he for me (within limits -- he is married!). Good luck to you . . . romance is tough sometimes!
  • peaches Veritas 2012/08/08 18:37:34
    peaches
    +1
    I've already figured that one out for myself lol thanks! (:
  • maddy.w... Veritas 2014/12/04 02:44:56
    maddy.wachowski
    +2
    Oh that's just so sad.
  • Veritas maddy.w... 2014/12/04 12:08:47
    Veritas
    It was at the time :-) It's all good now.
  • LoverDearest 2012/08/08 16:46:53
    LoverDearest
    +2
    To make a long distance relationship last you need really strong and true love. It is highly unlikely for you to fall in love as a teenager
  • peaches LoverDe... 2012/08/08 17:21:30
    peaches
    +1
    Well I disagree entirely, but thanks for answering (:
  • aj tapper LoverDe... 2014/10/18 11:20:32
    aj tapper
    +2
    i agree with your answer
  • SlaveWaterNymph 2012/08/08 16:45:55
    SlaveWaterNymph
    +2
    it really depends on what each person wants and needs in a relationship. Almost all do not last, with teenage love or long distance, but they can if you are both on the right track and are meant for one another....
  • Nay ॐ ‏ 2012/08/08 16:29:24
    Nay ॐ ‏
    +1
    "1. Teenage relationships almost never last. and
    2. Long distance relationships almost never last"
    ................................
    Almost doesn't count. End of story.
  • petean05 2012/08/08 16:06:02
    petean05
    +1
    Statistically speaking, it is not very likely. It is possible, though.
  • Matthew Marek 2012/08/08 15:58:32
    Matthew Marek
    +1
    i've been in one almost 7 months
  • peaches Matthew... 2012/08/08 17:22:14
    peaches
    +1
    Good for you (:
  • Matthew... peaches 2012/08/08 17:28:50
    Matthew Marek
    +1
    :) we are very happy in it... it just requires more trust
  • Tarnjar.Jayne.Grainger 2012/08/08 15:19:30
    Tarnjar.Jayne.Grainger
    +1
    It can if you truly love them.
  • Xitlalilolly 2012/08/08 14:54:10
    Xitlalilolly
    +1
    i dnt think so cuz things can happen
  • The Riv... Xitlali... 2012/08/08 14:55:54
    The River Rat
    +1
    What kind of "things?"
  • Xitlali... The Riv... 2012/08/08 15:00:52
    Xitlalilolly
    +1
    i dunno cheating, lies, and other things
  • The Riv... Xitlali... 2012/08/08 15:02:54
    The River Rat
    +1
    That can happen in any relationship, not just long distant.
  • Xitlali... The Riv... 2012/08/08 15:04:06
    Xitlalilolly
    +1
    well its most likely to happen when your not there though
  • The Riv... Xitlali... 2012/08/08 15:04:50
  • peaches Xitlali... 2012/08/08 15:03:38
    peaches
    +1
    Just to let you know, those things happen in relationships that aren't long distance too. Distance doesn't always mean that those "things" are gonna happen. If you are faithful, then it's not a problem (:
  • Xitlali... peaches 2012/08/08 15:05:20
    Xitlalilolly
    well yeah that is truee, but i feel like if were not together then that person would cheat i dunno its the way i feel

2014/12/19 20:05:28