CAN MEN MAKE GOOD BABY SITTERS, I AM ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT LEAVING A CHILD WITH A MAN. ARE MEN MORE QUICK TEMPER, VIOLENT THAN WOMEN?, MEN DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PATIENCE TO DEAL WITH CHILDREN, I AM FROM THE OLD SCHOOL, WOMEN ARE USUALLY BABY SITTERS?

gina maria 2008/01/21 10:31:15

• lonewolf 2008/01/21 12:16:42
    lonewolf
    +2
    very good one's to. i got my god child three time's a week while my neice work's. she does not want to stay with any one else but me.

• Bethany 2008/12/11 04:22:49
    Bethany
    In my head i think it is good for a women and man to go back and forth babysitting. Because the baby or kids will get used to being around both not just one gender..But that is just my opinion.
  • Sasssy 2008/12/09 15:42:25 (edited)
    Sasssy
    Only if it's a family member or a good friend. And it has to be a last resort beacause some little girl bodies develope fast. Men love to stick it.
  • pepper131 Sasssy 2008/12/11 15:50:20
    pepper131
    You are saying all men like little girls ! You have a problem with men and your daddy must have done something real bad to you...
  • Glit 2008/12/08 02:57:52
    Glit
    Because of the hideous things that have happened, men have a bad rap for being abusive babysitters. I do feel it's an advantage if the male babysitter is a blood relative. Step relatives, like Stepfathers or boyfriends seem to have the worst record. I only had my Mom, Dad, brothers or sisters or my husbands family tend the few times it was necessary.

If I had to make the choice (which I gratefully never did) I personally would have rather lived on welfare and public assistance than leave my children in daycare. I know that will bug some of you.
  • pepper131 Glit 2008/12/11 15:56:27
    pepper131
    I understand what you are saying, but there so many degrees of day care. At the low end it is bad , but at the high end by the time the child reaches first grade they skip to second. There is a world of difference in day care providers. I belong to a club and they have a “child care” area and it is out of this world and all employees are certified teaches. The kids who come school are picked up by the club and helped with homework by the teachers before the parents even come.
  • Glit pepper131 2008/12/11 17:46:55
    Glit
    I know that it isn't always possible to avoid daycare, but I want my husband and I to do all the things for my children that parents should be doing. Something about day care seems very socialistic to me, and takes the rights and responsibilities away from parents. I just don't want to expose my children to the dangers and drawbacks of daycare.

I DO understand that daycare is necessary for some, but I personally would do all in my power to avoid it because I believe care by a parent is the best.
  • Karl 2008/02/11 12:01:57
    Karl
    Of course men can make great babysitters. What on earth do you think fathers are for? (I am a single dad of a 7 year old son).
  • Mont "G" 2008/01/25 18:13:39
    Mont "G"
    Gurl get u one good ole sissy honey, that baby will be alright.
  • daniel 2008/01/25 02:47:21
    daniel
    that is so sterotype! just because there "men" doesnt mean thier all rough. my friends MOTHER beat the crap out of him (sticks, wires,boards) when he was small but he said his dad was nice to him...just because some people have had bad stuff ahppen to them doesnt always means it applies to EVERYONE
  • zsazsa 2008/01/21 19:04:48
    zsazsa
    i believe some guys make great babysitters.
  • roger 2008/01/21 18:03:05
    roger
    +1
    I was a single father and had sole custody of my boys from the age of 6,7 years old and raised them and put into college !
  • Blue Toilet Duck 2008/01/21 16:24:14
    Blue Toilet Duck
    depends. i wouldnt be so fast to leave men with girls cause, well, what are they gonna do with girls?

i used to baby sit ALOT. my boss had 3 boys when he 1st moved here, 8, 10, and 12. i used to babysit them all the time, and the 3 years i worked there, he always asked me too.

i used to be able to do cool stuff with them that maybe a female babysitter wouldnt do or wouldnt find fun...IE play hockey, playstation, play stickball, etc etc etc.

and like i said, the whole time i worked at that job, whenever my boss needed someone to watch his kids, he always asked me, so, id say that means i was a good baby sitter.

but honestly, i dont think id be a good babysitter for a girl cause, well, how would i be able to play dolls? do dress up? have tea parties? and actually enjoy it, so in turn if i wasnt having fun, then the kids your babysitting really wouldnt either.
  • R 2008/01/21 15:39:18
    R
    I have 3 children with my first EX. I was 15 years househusband, babysitter, father and mother, brother, teacher, educator, and many more.
    My wife was "only" nurse.
  • Mont "G" R 2008/01/25 18:14:41
    Mont "G"
    Awwwwwwww
  • Yes
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +1
    I've got the Mr Mom thing going myself. My kids are well rounded , polite, happy and get good grades. Proof.
  • Mont "G" Jerry (... 2008/01/25 18:14:58
    Mont "G"
    Congrats
  • Nightmare 2008/01/21 14:40:43
    Nightmare
    +1
    sure we can
  • Michael, Arrivederci e amore 2008/01/21 12:41:48
    Michael, Arrivederci e amore
    +1
    I babysit my grandchildren at least three times a week. Frankly I found your question to be sexist and insulting. Google "mother killing children". You need a shot of reality.
  • Mont "G" Michael... 2008/01/25 18:15:16
    Mont "G"
    Thank You
  • lonewolf 2008/01/21 12:16:42
    lonewolf
    +2

2014/04/23 15:11:20