Can Kids Actually Fall in Love?

Freshtildeath 2010/08/25 02:46:08
I see lots of young children talking about how they are in love. Can someone actually fall in love at a really young age?

• GirlyGirl™ 2010/08/26 13:07:58
    GirlyGirl™
    +7
    I met my husband when I was five. We went to kindergarten together. I was walking home from school, and he took my sweater from my shoulders and threw it on top of a tall bush. I socked him one on the shoulder, and he kissed me. I thought it was gross, and had my brothers beat him up. But I never forgot him. We came to the States when I was 17, and I was still thinking about him. Then, wham. A year later, his family moved about 2 miles away from us after his father passed away and they moved to the States. And it was love at second sight. We've now been married for over 20 years.

• Emily 2014/07/06 05:19:43
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Emily
    It's fairly possible since people generally mature at different rates, although based on the rates of today's common society it's highly unlikely.
  • Emily 2014/06/26 00:15:28
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Emily
    +1
    I'm 13 and I met my bestfriend at 9 yrs old. We would flirt and we would tell each other how we liked each other until we started to date when i turned 10. I realized how madly in love I was with him, I always told him everything and i would love his warm kisses. Our parents knew about us and his didnt mind but my mom told me that I didn't know what love is. A month before i had my thirteen birthday he broke my heart because my mom banned me from seeing him, she thought i had fake feelings about him. its been 5 months since and i miss him like crazy. I have thought to myself that i should move on so i tried dating 15 other guys. The feelings werent even close to the ones i was feeling for him. I see him rarely and i slept over a bit. I dont know how he could move on with another girl. I don't know if he ment the painful words he admitted to me cause i know that i knew my words were true with all my heart. Tears fill my the memories every night and i dont know how to move on. The quivering poem i wrote about him makes me go crazy. I want him so badly and i know that he knows that.
  • Miss Kris the Centrist 2014/03/03 18:25:17
    Miss Kris the Centrist
    +1
    I doubt it would be the same kind of love an adult feels, though. There are different kinds.
  • Queen of Hearts 2014/03/03 18:13:31
    Maybe
    Queen of Hearts
    Young people can defiantly fall in love but lack the maturity to KNOW what love really is.
  • MissQ 2014/03/03 18:08:31
    MissQ
    I was 13 when I fell in love, and I met him when I was 11. He was a lot older though, 18. But I loved him deeply.

It depends on the child's cognitive development honestly. I was mature for my age as a child, which lead others to question my age. Everyone thought I was older than I really was. My youth pastor thought I was a senior when I was just finishing up freshman year. People used to think i was about 12 - 14 when I was only 9. I was just tall and behaved differently.

So I think falling in love depends on the individual. Not on the age.
  • Nat Turner 2014/03/03 17:48:30
    Nat Turner
    I don't really know what it is! So how can they know?
  • Asinian 2013/12/24 07:44:36
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Asinian
    Absolutely a child can be in love. No one can tell you if you're in love or not though, you have to figure it out for yourself.
  • nicole 2013/07/28 18:31:59
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    nicole
    Personaly I think anyone can fall in love with any age.God made Adam for Eve and Eve for Adam.It is what makes you feel right,so if you are wondering what love is,you havent been loved
  • Cosette 2013/05/11 00:21:50
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Cosette
    Of course kids can be in love, everyone has emotions.I am 12 and i am in love.No matter what age love is a part of your life, and life would be sad and dull without it, everyone has crushes, but there is always someone you really love and i don't no how you could think kids don't know what love is.
  • bella Cosette 2013/05/14 02:19:33
  • mccart Cosette 2013/06/23 16:03:10
  • david.dunitz 2013/01/06 18:37:54 (edited)
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    david.dunitz
    Absolutely, I fancied girls as a kid. I think child romances are sweet, as long as both the kids want it. It's only wrong if a child makes sexual advances to a much younger child or when it's unwanted by the other child. Adults who molest children deserve castration and hand-amputation!
  • Many 2012/09/05 03:01:26
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Many
    I believe that Love cannot be compared or questioned by age, color, or religion. Love does not revolve around age, color, or religion, it revolves around 2 simple questions. What is this Person to you? and What would you do for this particular person? If you cannot answer these questions your-self then perhaps your not in love as you thought you were or you just need more time. I myself do not believe that you can fall in love within weeks or months, it takes time to know what you have, you need to first start missing the things you love, or in this matter the person you love, to know what you really truly desire the most. Love takes time, it takes you missing the things, or person, you want most in live to make you understand what love truly is. I myself am in a weird predicament where I fell in love with someone whom I never really thought it was possible to fall in love with, but I guess its true what they say, *You don't get to pick the one you love*. It took me a year to understand what love really was, and for me when I say *I love you*, what I truly am saying is *I cannot live without you*. I haven't seen this person for over 9 months and I feel like I'm going crazy here, but at the same time there is just simply nothing that I can do. So I let time do its job and teac...
    I believe that Love cannot be compared or questioned by age, color, or religion. Love does not revolve around age, color, or religion, it revolves around 2 simple questions. What is this Person to you? and What would you do for this particular person? If you cannot answer these questions your-self then perhaps your not in love as you thought you were or you just need more time. I myself do not believe that you can fall in love within weeks or months, it takes time to know what you have, you need to first start missing the things you love, or in this matter the person you love, to know what you really truly desire the most. Love takes time, it takes you missing the things, or person, you want most in live to make you understand what love truly is. I myself am in a weird predicament where I fell in love with someone whom I never really thought it was possible to fall in love with, but I guess its true what they say, *You don't get to pick the one you love*. It took me a year to understand what love really was, and for me when I say *I love you*, what I truly am saying is *I cannot live without you*. I haven't seen this person for over 9 months and I feel like I'm going crazy here, but at the same time there is just simply nothing that I can do. So I let time do its job and teach me what this person really means to me and what I would do for this person. If there is one thing that I have learned form all of this, is that love cannot be judged until it is understood. So... I wont lie to you, it will be painful but you need to let time take its toll on you so you understand what it is that you really truly want and need, but at the end you will be 100% sure what it is that you want and need and who it is that you love; and if you ask me, that sounds much better that to jump to conclusions when you don't know what your talking about. Don't you agree? =D
  • Sombry 2012/07/31 04:17:47
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Sombry
    I think I'm in love, and I am in sixth grade.
    My best friend and I stuck together until I moved away from him (mum's work).
    I have had a couple crushes on guys before, but this was pretty real.

My other best friend, is in love with a guy, she has been in love for a year.
    She and I always talk to eachother, and now that I have moved away, she is planning to tell my guy that I loved him.
  • Zak 2012/01/12 17:40:04
    What is love?
    Zak
    I am thirteen and have been ''in love'' for 2 years now. She doesn't even know. It kills me inside, but I can't do anything about it. I do doubt my feelings sometimes, as my experiences of love don't match what people say about it at all... so maybe it isn't love? But the feelings are so overpowering I find that hard to believe. I mainly chose the ''What is love?'' option as I planned to write the lyrics to the What is Love? song; purely because I'm a tard.
  • Dreamsc... Zak 2012/03/22 12:32:53
    Dreamscoping
    +3
    Yer i know that well anyway im 12 and my ex right is now 12 finally we broke up recently but i cant live without her i love her so much and i told her. it was because i was cutting myself because she cares about me that much she thought it was her problem. the thing i like is that we still have feelings for each other and hopefully we get back together that would just complete me. even no i am turning 13 and she turned 12 i am pretty popular at primary. yes i have hit puberty at a early age i get teased because of my legs :S but she loves me for me. i love her for her. this means yes kids can get in love like me... sometimes really too much put love what is love? its a powerful connection between people that requires both to make a lasting relationship. thats all i really have to say and i may get her back soon. lol i know she doesnt like my face cause i got acne and my hair because its long as hell but she likes me for me and the same as for me to her!
  • jodie xx 2011/07/20 21:47:31
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    jodie xx
    Anyone can be in love, it has nothing to do with your age. Its a feeling like sad and happy but love is just harder to find, when you love someone that's it you don't wait until your an adult, you simply love them. People often laugh when they hear kids/teens say they are in love well I think they are wrong because anyone can fall in love!
  • Rose Park 2011/07/01 02:18:49
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Rose Park
    Yes. I actually had quite a love story a few years back. You can read about it here:

http://www.divinecaroline.com...
  • Evan Shearer 2011/06/14 07:00:55
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Evan Shearer
    yes kids can fall in love i did i met someone named sidney and i love her
  • austin Evan Sh... 2013/03/21 07:44:24
    austin
    +2
    you ass
  • sg 2011/03/22 10:12:27
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    sg
    Since emotion is fluid it is hard to pin point an exact age they will be able to fall in love.
    All experiences are unique and complex and it is also hard to speak for everyone's perspective.

Also it sounds like both sides of the fence translate the same thing.
    A child has more of a hard time defining it than for an adult who would define with complexity. But we forever repeat our behavior, we just find more bigger and complex issues.

History repeats itself. There are arguments that our concept of time as we know it doesn't exists. that time is actually made up of life cycles passing by. Something to do with our regenerating organism that keeps dying and being reborn. Like mold - reincarnation.

But that's off topic...
  • me 2011/01/23 03:12:09 (edited)
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    me
    I think you know what is love only when you had feel this emotion . Children can be in love and if you answer no or maybe it is because you have never been in real love . it is a feeling you want to chare with all the world . KIDS CAN BE IN LOVE !
  • Heidy Villavicencio 2010/11/02 15:42:09
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Heidy Villavicencio
    I think it depends who the two kids are...if they are meant to be then it can happen...but if two people aren't meant to be then it won't maka a difference even if they're adults...no on eknows what love is no matter their age, until they find that one person that turns their reality into something better than their dreams had ever been.... :)
  • SammiBaby 2010/09/28 06:03:03
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    SammiBaby
    Of course, ANYONE can. But yo need to learn how to love YOURSELF before you can truely love another. 6.25.Ohh Tenn Baby<3
  • slave 2010/09/20 15:17:25 (edited)
    No, a kid can't really know what love is
    slave
    They try to do what they see and hear even though they don't really understand it. That's the effect of t.v and movies.

• moomoof 2010/09/10 03:04:19
    Maybe
    moomoof
    puppy love....i guess
  • nikki c. 2010/09/08 21:17:03
    nikki c.
    no! they like each other for a minute and then move on to something else..
  • jodie xx nikki c. 2011/07/20 21:45:15
    jodie xx
    +1
    Kids can be in love its a feeling you can discover at any age, I am still a young teen and I love someone and have for a while not a 'minuit'!
  • Dreamsc... nikki c. 2012/03/22 12:35:59
    Dreamscoping
    +3
    yer i am still a kid nearly teen and i have to say i am never gonna leave her in or out of a relationship. even if she does not love me anymore i gotta say i will always be and love her. i dont just get on and leave i feel depressed forever. i turned emo for a week when she broke up with me saying that she did not like me cutting myself because she felt guilty. thats love to me. she likes me for who i am and i love her for who she is.
  • Courtney Justice 2010/09/03 22:51:59
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    Courtney Justice
    daaahh they can! you can fall inlove at any age doesnt matter how old you are....its so crazy why adults think they have more authority and are more smarter and can fall inlove then say we cant be any of those things......its insane!!! People fall inlove all the time!! I really dont see why people think kids can't fall inlove
  • nicole Courtne... 2013/07/28 18:20:03
    nicole
    +3
    i totally agree
  • Carly 2010/09/03 15:23:15
    Maybe
    Carly
    I think children (including me) are too young to /love/ per say but they can like-like or be infatuated with someone. Same goes with being to young to determine your sexual preference, there are a lot of people my age who say they are Bisexual and they just might be, but I'm 13, we're too young
  • jj Carly 2011/12/22 01:28:27
    jj
    +3
    ur wrong cause im 14 in love with a 22yo
  • Dreamsc... jj 2012/03/22 12:40:34
    Dreamscoping
    +2
    Wow watch out we gotta bad ass over here! my best friend is 15 and he has never loved someone that much (unless its a sexual relation?) im 12 nearly 13 i love someone 12 its a 16 month age gap and i think thats just right but if you emotionaly love someone 22 years old i say to you that will they feel the same about you? dont hate yourself for it but you can try to see if not try get someone near your age! :P
  • nicole jj 2013/07/28 18:20:35
    nicole
    +2
    check your grammar
  • austin Carly 2013/03/21 07:47:51
    austin
    +1
    its ok i meet a girl and she said she loved me one day i pushed it she said shes not amazing i said she was and and then she deleted me
  • moonlight 2010/09/02 07:20:41
    Yes they can. Age is just a number
    moonlight
    +1
    yea...
    because i experienced it..
    i fell in love with this guy when we were still in 1st grade (we were classmates)
    and i love him until now.. and its been 11 years almost 12...
  • nicole moonlight 2013/07/28 18:22:58
    nicole
    +2
    Exactly! Im going out with this kid and I cant explain what i feel when im with him.Like my stomach starts getting butterflies and my mouth gets dry.Then when i talk to him i blush and now I dont know if I am or if I am not in love
  • han 2010/08/31 19:23:57
    Maybe
    han
    i know people who have been friends and they like r married now. i think that they fell in love they just didn't know it ya know? people friends married love ya
  • 81sp 2010/08/29 04:18:15
    81sp
    no i could be wrong but i do not think so.

2014/10/30 17:41:09