Can anyone explain why young people are wearing their pants below their hips??

bearco 2007/10/09 13:36:44
Shows off fancy underwear
Boxers are cool
It's the image
I'm not condeming or praising this style. I'm an old man that cannot believe this is comfortable or useful. Please enlighten me.

• Marko 2007/10/09 23:27:27
    Marko
    +8
    Maybe because it is easy off and easy on. New definition of the quickie

• MCRmy_soldier_4194 2007/10/10 00:40:18
    MCRmy_soldier_4194
    there obvouisly trying to act cool yet there not... jus becuse you wair your pantz below your underwear DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL OR LOOK GOOD it makes you look like a ****ing idiot!!!
  • evo-freak 2007/10/10 00:29:44
    evo-freak
    Yea, that pretty much sums it all up really... It mostly the skater, gangster, or anyone like that that wears their jeans like that.
  • anditwillend 2007/10/10 00:28:40
    anditwillend
    +2
    because it's comfortable, to me at least. i've never wore my pants any other way.
  • iM iN L0VE WiTH A REAL MAN 2007/10/10 00:16:54
    iM iN L0VE WiTH A REAL MAN
    People are influenced by what they love to wear.. that's been the style for at least a good 10 years now.. but even still today the style is becoming more and more popular... 75-80% of the students in my school here in Davenport Iowa, wear their pants below their waste to brag about their fashion in a silent way. :)
  • hrt 2007/10/09 23:31:48
    hrt
    because there stupid and they think we want to see there butt crack
  • iM iN L... hrt 2007/10/10 00:21:08
    iM iN L0VE WiTH A REAL MAN
    ummn that's fairly rude... they are NOT stupid.. nobody is really and truley stupid.. don't be mad at the people who are satisfied with their fashion... i bet people see you as stupid to then right? since you DON'T wear your clothes the same way i bet they think the same as you... don't call people names becuz of what they are interested in... if they choose to show their butte crack then so be it... its not you right? okay then... i had to stick up for my peeps.. no way i'd let your totally MESSED up comment fly... sorry charlie ... if it's FALSE.. get LOST!
  • hrt iM iN L... 2007/10/12 03:46:27
    hrt
    na but i just wrote that because then they my start fighting me truly i dont care how they dress alot of my friends do it
  • Danny iM iN L... 2012/04/08 21:54:30
    Danny
    +2
    Any "man" that wears their pants below their butt is gay, pure and simple. Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay.
  • Marko 2007/10/09 23:27:27
    Marko
    +8
  • *~JENNB... Marko 2007/10/10 00:22:58
    *~JENNBEAVER~*
    LMFAO....I bet only a handful of people will get that statement...ROFL
  • mardi 2007/10/09 23:20:27
    mardi
    +1
    they are secretly wanting some butt loving- gag!!!
  • AngelEyes 2007/10/09 23:06:03
    AngelEyes
    +1
    It started in our prison system, they would not issue belts for obvious reason, then the gay guys started getting there pants to large in jail, for easy access, then the basketball players started wearing theres baggy for so called more room to move, then the black population picked it up to be cool. Personally I think it because they have stinkir butts, they don't wash the backside so that is there way of airring it out. It looks really stupid and tacky. Can you imagine the hip problems they are going to have later in life, all because of the way they have to walk to hold them up on there little biity no ass, hip situation. I think mean that wear pants that show off there rears, like nice fitting blue jeans, WOW,
  • roger 2007/10/09 22:35:14
    Shows off fancy underwear
    roger
    +1
    if they are wearing any. and those cool tattos girls are getting at the small of the back...alright women's lib is here and flourishing! :-)))))
  • Rockies roger 2007/10/09 23:29:55
    Rockies
    +1
    that tatto them girls getting on their lower part of their back, i think thy call that a Tramp Stamp.
  • roger Rockies 2007/10/09 23:36:16
    roger
    +1
    umh!...nothing wrong with that...each to their own!
  • Michael, Arrivederci e amore 2007/10/09 22:27:08
    Michael, Arrivederci e amore
    +1
    Same old thing in different drag.
  • BRADY969 2007/10/09 22:24:55 (edited)
    BRADY969
    +3
    It was something that started in the prisons of upstate NY in the late to mid 80's. Men who offered thier body for protection from other inimates would wear their pants hanging off their ass as a sign that they are available for anyone willing to protect them.

When they got out of prison, they continued this "fashion trend" and it's pretty funny that all these young guys do this, not knowing the true meaning behind it. The true meaning behind it is that you are GAY AND WILLING TO TAKE IT IN THE POOPER!!!!!!!!!

LOL....Funny as that is...IT'S 100% TRUE

Now you know!
  • Kinzface 2007/10/09 22:20:41
    Kinzface
    +1
    well my brother has often said its more comfortable for him. but yeah it is the style right now too..
    it also seems like it makes em look a little thinner too in some cases..
    *shrugs*
    im not a guy so i dont have this issue..
    but i HAVE sagged my pants before (not to the point to where you can see panties and what not) but it is pretty comfy..im not gonna lie..
  • Danny Kinzface 2012/04/08 21:58:20
    Danny
    +2
    No F'N way that is comfortable!!! Why not wear them around your ankles? Be REALLY comfortable!
  • Rain 2007/10/09 21:53:10
    Rain
    +2
    I dont know the answer to this, but I am however curious as to why they hold their "package" while they are walking...butt hangin out, pant legs trailing behind them, but they have a death grip on the "stuff" !! Is it perhaps that the waistband of the pants are rubbing raw spots-I just don't know..seriously guys it's not gonna fall off, leave it be!

(^ruins the no belt theory)
  • Anjirocks 2007/10/09 21:25:46
    Anjirocks
    +1
    when i've seen it done no underwear has been shown off, just flesh.... and very nearly their private parts....

it's disgusting and i don't understand why they do it!!
  • It's Dave to you... 2007/10/09 21:13:19
  • ErinGoBragh87 2007/10/09 20:50:59
    ErinGoBragh87
    probably cuz they were pants that are way to big on them and the dont wear a belt
  • BrownEyedGirl 2007/10/09 20:13:18
    BrownEyedGirl
    +1
    If you can figure it out please let me know. I think it looks disgusting.
  • willienye 2007/10/09 20:13:00
    willienye
    +1
    Maybe no one ever bothered to show them that the belt goes ABOVE the waist. Or they just think that showing off their boxers shows they are somehow cool. Yeah, really cool to show the world that you haven't got the intelligence of a two year old and haven't, yet, learned how to pull up your pants. Wait, maybe they just have no clue what the sizes mean! Who actually knows why they find this cool.
  • None of the above
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +2
    They are among the poor people that god put on this earth with no ass. If you would like to help by donating a belt go to; www.peoplew/noass.com.
  • Catie 2007/10/09 19:28:32
    Catie
    I don't even want to go there
  • <--That guy 2007/10/09 19:00:13
    <--That guy
    I guess it's just a fad. I had thought that sagging had gone out of style while I was in high school, but I suppose I was wrong. Wearing one's pants below the ass is probably not any different from wearing top hats, stone-washed jeans, L.A. Gear shoes, or mullets. It's cool at the time, but before long, people grow tired of it and later look back and wonder why the hell they were into it.
  • Bryan 2007/10/09 18:44:41
    Bryan
    +1
    Can anyone explain ANY fasion out there? i believe not. Is this style little more pathetic than other, in my opinion, YES. but i don't like bell bottom's either, unless they are on a female, and she gots a booty that gots out futher! =ox but if you don't like, don't look. SIMPLE. But it is silly
  • x[[EssY]]x 2007/10/09 18:21:45
    x[[EssY]]x
    +1
    I think it looks quite good on most guys but then it does look kinda quir on some lol
    it will proberly fade over time like every other trend :D
    lol xx
    great poll :D
  • Patty Ann 2007/10/09 18:21:25
    Patty Ann
    I think it's just another style fad. Some day their children will see photos of them and laugh. LOL
  • SAM 2007/10/09 18:14:44
    SAM
    Just like previous fashion trends; bell bottoms, hammer pants, ripped jeans... saggy pants it's also a trend. Older people don't like it just the same way younger people look back at bell bottoms.
  • AngelEyes SAM 2007/10/09 23:10:53 (edited)
    AngelEyes
    yea but come on damuel, at least witht he bell bottoms, our buts were not hanging out, even with hip huggers, we were still covered up. I still wear hip huggers, and I promise you, you can not see my undies, or my butt
  • SAM AngelEyes 2007/10/10 01:31:34
    SAM
    True. Don't blame me, blame the Hip Hop media.
  • AngelEyes SAM 2007/10/10 10:33:42
    AngelEyes
    oh no, I am not blaming you, cause I sure hope you were not in prison back when all this started lolol, any way have a great day
  • Smokey 2007/10/09 17:47:44
    Smokey
    +2
    They are idiots!
  • Cacheman 2007/10/09 17:30:53
    Shows off fancy underwear
    Cacheman
    looks good on girls.....well some girls
  • rushsupporter 2007/10/09 17:15:34
    rushsupporter
    +3
    i saw one boy fall over himself when he had to dodge a stray baseball. His low rider pants caused him to not keep up with his momentum and he went down. His hair got messed, his drink and ice went all over his girl friend, his knees got banged up, his face got red, but he was cool. funny though when he got up to leave in utter embarrasment he pulled them up and a few of us applauded his choosing wisely! I think when i was younger and my hair was long I would tie it up, but never caused me to be a danger to anyone.
  • Kate rushsup... 2007/10/09 17:47:05
    Kate
    LOL! Amusing!! Thanks for sharing... ahhaha.. = ]
  • rushsup... Kate 2007/10/09 18:48:55
    rushsupporter
    +2
    thank you! got to keep it light.

2014/08/30 18:40:32