Calling All Angels!!! Will You Help Our Dear Friend Eddie Rae?

Philo-Publius 2009/08/30 04:41:31
YES!!! I'll give $1.00!!!
YES!!! I'll give $5.00!!!
YES!!! I'll give $10.00!!!
I've got a check for $1,329 right HERE for ya' girl!!!
I won't give money, but I'll be an angel and share this question!!!
UPDATE: A few of you mentioned you did not have PayPal, or that it seemed difficult to sign up. Actually it's very EASY! PayPal accepts checking accounts, credit and debit cards for tranfers/payments. It's safe, secure, and free to sign up. Transfer fees (a few pennies) might apply for sending, but should be nominal. Here's the link to sign up: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/ema/index-outside

ALSO, if you don't care to sign up to PayPal just for this, but still want to give a gift, ask someone you know who IS signed up to do the donation on your behalf (and reimburse them of course, LOL). Thank you all again for your amazing generosity!!!

Okay, here is an opportunity to do something nice... something we always TALK about doing but never do. What you have clicked on here is no less than an opportunity to expand our OWN soul power, and connect with something greater than ourselves. WE ARE ALL CONNECTED!

Our friend Eddie Rae, as a few of you might already know, is having a hard time right now. Her husband lost his job, and they are behind on their rent, to the tune of $1,329 with penalties. They WILL BE evicted, September 18, if this amount is not paid in full. There are no more extensions either, and although Eddie has already applied for assistance, and her husband is already searching for a new job, they simply WILL NOT make it unless they can catch up their back rent. The shame of all this is, they have a perfect pay history other than this bump in the road. It's not that they can't crawl out of this hole, it's that they can't get over this ONE HURDLE without our help.

I know this is corny, and might seem like there is so much hurt in the world, so much pain and distress so many individuals experience, that we should shrug our shoulders and say, "Why bother?" But my uncle told me a story once, about a little boy walking up and down the beach, picking up starfish wherever he would come across one washed up on the sand. A man had been sitting on a bench on the boardwalk watching the spectacle, marveling at the utter futility. Finally, as the boy picked up another one, the man became angry. He ran over to the boy and demanded,

"Why are you bothering with a couple of starfish, son? Don't you know that there are millions, if not billions of starfish in the sea! Saving the life of just one these creatures.... what does it matter?!?!?"

The boy looked at the starfish in his hand, pondered, and then turning away from the man flung it back into the ocean. Turning back to the man he told him,

"It mattered to HIM."

So I am asking all my SodaHeads to do something memorable. Something remarkable. Something so insane that I know each and every one of you are up for the challenge *wink*: Take ONE MINUTE out of your busy day, and donate ANY AMOUNT, even $1.00, to help Eddie Rae save her home. We need only 1,329 people to donate $1.00, or approximately 266 people to donate $5.00, or approximately 133 people to donate $10.00... wait a minute...

...make that one hundred thirty-TWO to send $10.00!!!! (I just started her off myself!)

DAMN! That felt good! Say this over and over again to yourselves, my SodaHeads!!!

I AM THE LIGHT OF THIS WORLD.

I AM THE LIGHT OF THIS WORLD.

I AM THE LIGHT OF THIS WORLD.

Pain and fear says we can't...

Philo says we CAN!!!

It's easy to donate! Just:

1) Go to www.paypal.com

2) Log into your account

3) Type in Eddie's email and the amount you wish to gift

The email address you type in the box is:

eddieraelovesjoe@gmail.com

Thank you all for your sincere thoughts, prayers, and monetary donations! I love each and every one of you... Bless Eddie Rae today!!!

-Philo

• Eddie Rae 2009/08/30 04:51:15
    Eddie Rae
    +10
    You are an amazing man Philo-Publius and so are all of the SodaHeads that care enough to read this question or react to it. God Bless You ALL! How shall I pay it forward? Hugs and kisses, your friend Ed.

• GIRLIELEO Bye! 2009/09/07 16:46:26
    GIRLIELEO
    +1
    AWWWW THANK YOU FOR THE RAVES!
    YOURE AWESOME TOO!!!!
    =D
    awwww raves awesome
  • JColliu 2009/08/30 14:22:51 (edited)
    YES!!! I'll give $10.00!!!
    JColliu
    +7
    I tried, but it says the email is not valid.

edited to say: Finally took it!! Good Luck!!
  • Eddie Rae JColliu 2009/08/30 20:50:31
    Eddie Rae
    +4
    That's weird! I am glad it made it through! Thank you so much for your kind donation! I appreciate it greatly! How can I pay it forward for you?
  • Bye! Eddie Rae 2009/09/07 13:19:50
    Bye!
    +3
    It did that same thing to me the first ten times I tried it. But then it suddenly took. Go figure.
  • Philo-P... JColliu 2009/08/30 23:31:49
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    Aw... thank you, JColliu!!! You are the light of this world!!!!

God bless!!!! : )
  • Bye! JColliu 2009/09/07 13:20:27
    Bye!
    +2
    I just gave you a whole bunch of raves as my way of saying thanks for helping our friend!

bunch raves helping friend
  • JColliu Bye! 2009/09/07 13:22:12
    JColliu
    +1
    I'm glad I could help!!
  • SuperCee 2009/08/30 14:03:18
    SuperCee
    +5
    Philo, that was awesome. I totally understand their situation. Sorry I don't have it to give right now but I may be able to donate a little something tomorrow when I get to work. I hope everything turns out okay for them. I have been in this same situation and having a roof over your head abruptly taken from you can really be stressful. I will try to do what I can!
  • Eddie Rae SuperCee 2009/08/30 20:51:30
    Eddie Rae
    +3
    Thanks SuperCee! I appreciate anything you do even just keeping us in your thoughts greatly!!!!
  • Philo-P... SuperCee 2009/08/30 23:33:22
    Philo-Publius
    +2
    Thank you, SuperCee!!! You are the light of this world!!!

Sorry it took me so long to resond and thank you, I was working today! We really appreciate your gift!
  • GettingANewName 2009/08/30 13:42:39
    GettingANewName
    +4
    Sorry, I really wish I could, but I don't have paypal. But I'll definitly share the question, at least I'm capable of that...
  • Eddie Rae Getting... 2009/08/30 20:51:51
    Eddie Rae
    +3
    Thanks SomeoneStoleMyName, you are a true dear!
  • Getting... Eddie Rae 2009/08/31 03:37:07
    GettingANewName
    +3
    I'm so sorry I can't help more.
  • Eddie Rae Getting... 2009/08/31 03:37:51
    Eddie Rae
    +3
    Pfft! Don't be ridiculous! ;)
  • Fuzzysdad 2009/08/30 13:40:44
    Fuzzysdad
    +2
    I am in a bit of a problem myself. I wish i could help. I will say a prayer for them.
  • Eddie Rae Fuzzysdad 2009/08/30 20:52:14
    Eddie Rae
    +1
    Thanks Right Winger and I will say a prayer for you!
  • Asher 2009/08/30 13:02:09
    YES!!! I'll give $5.00!!!
    Asher
    +3
    where do i send it
  • Eddie Rae Asher 2009/08/30 20:52:40
    Eddie Rae
    +1
    PayPal to eddieraelovesjoe@gmail.com :O) Thank you very much Ash!!!!
  • Philo-P... Asher 2009/08/30 23:34:24
    Philo-Publius
    Thank you, Ash!!! You are the light of this world!!!

So generous! Thank you!!! : )
  • Asher Philo-P... 2009/08/31 00:14:38
    Asher
    +1
    i wanted to send cash! i cant! dammit
  • Philo-P... Asher 2009/08/31 00:20:25
    Philo-Publius
    Aw... that sucks... but if you know anyone who has a PayPal account, give them the $5 and get them to forward it for you!

Either way, you are the best for trying! See what you can do, and thank you!!! : )
  • Asher Philo-P... 2009/08/31 00:24:19
    Asher
    +1
    ill ask my computer nerd cousin
  • Philo-P... Asher 2009/08/31 00:26:00
    Philo-Publius
    Awesome! Thank you again, Ash! You're the best! : )
  • Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the... 2009/08/30 11:08:23 (edited)
    Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the Renaissance Women of PHAET
    +5
    I don't have a debit card or a papypal account and I'm still beholden to my parents at this point in time. I just really, really wish I could. I'm so glad you're doing this Philo. It's just...unbelievable. Eddie, I'm so sorry. It's indescribably awful that you have to go through this and my thoughts are with you.
    Edit: I'm sharing this! Just forgot to click on that!
  • Eddie Rae Jehnyha... 2009/08/30 11:10:55
    Eddie Rae
    +3
    Thanks hunnie! I don't expect you to but you could shoot me a copy of Sims3 jk!
  • Jehnyha... Eddie Rae 2009/08/30 11:15:35
    +3
    Give me a chance to play some of it and we'll see!
  • Eddie Rae Jehnyha... 2009/08/30 11:18:21
    Eddie Rae
    +3
    hehe ok!
  • Philo-P... Jehnyha... 2009/08/30 11:23:20
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    Aw... we understand, Simsfan. Thank you for the kind words... and thank you for sharing this! That helps, too!!! : )

You are such a doll... I've thought that for a long time though : )
  • Jehnyha... Philo-P... 2009/08/30 11:28:27
    +3

:D Not sure if I could define you, Philo!
  • Philo-P... Jehnyha... 2009/08/30 11:38:32
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    I'm glad you can't define me! LOL. When we define something we lose the immanence of if and it no longer exists on that razor's edge of reality... we move from Tolle's or Gurdjieff's or Pirsig's "now" downward into the false reality of mental constructs and previous or residual programming.

Just see me as I am, that's all I ask.

I see you as you are, too. Not as I THINK you are. : )

(sorry for the rant... why am I always apologizing from my psychobabble??? It makes sense to ME, LOL)
  • Jehnyha... Philo-P... 2009/08/30 11:41:30
    +3
    Don't apologise for the rant! I loved reading it- it's fascinating!
  • gwts 2009/08/30 10:34:17
    gwts
    +3
    No credit card, no pay pal here...but I'll share the question...good luck for collecting the money!
  • Eddie Rae gwts 2009/08/30 11:10:21
    Eddie Rae
    +2
    Thank you kindly for sharing the question!
  • gwts Eddie Rae 2009/08/30 11:30:17
    gwts
    +2
    of course, I hope that it helps :)
  • hatshepsut123 2009/08/30 10:18:15
    hatshepsut123
    +3
    i don't have credit card or account, but i will share this qestion, i hope that will help.
    you are an angel Philio for doing this, i hope eddie could collect enough money! hugs for both of you dear friends.
    this really touched me.
  • Eddie Rae hatshep... 2009/08/30 10:27:53
    Eddie Rae
    +3
    philo is awesome! he's an angel! don't worry hat! it's all going to work out just fine my dear!
  • hatshep... Eddie Rae 2009/08/30 10:33:18
    hatshepsut123
    +3
    im just glad there are still people who care and want to help. good luck eddie!
  • Eddie Rae hatshep... 2009/08/30 10:35:09
    Eddie Rae
    +3
    i am too! it's amazing! thanks hat!
  • Philo-P... hatshep... 2009/08/30 11:25:40
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    Hugs to you, too, hat! We're sure going to try!!! And thanks for sharing the question, that helps, too! : )
  • hatshep... Philo-P... 2009/08/30 11:28:19
    hatshepsut123
    +3
    knock and they will open the door for you,
    ask and you will be given.

2014/11/24 18:02:13