Brad Pitt on Gay Marriage: Is Brad Pitt right?

Marilyn 2009/08/12 00:18:06
Yes, gay marriage should be legal; I think Brad Pitt is right
No, gay marriage should not be legal; I think Brad Pitt is wrong
I think Brad Pitt...
On gay marriage, Brad Pitt said that all people should full and equal access to marriage, and that if homosexuals cannot marry, then he won't either. That is, Brad Pitt has specifically stated that he will not marry Angelina Jolie until homosexuals can be married nationally.

In support of gay marriage, Brad Pitt donated $100,000 to the "No on Proposition 8" campaign in California.

Brad Pitt also says that real love is genderless, and said that it is wrong to conform the definition of love to such standards as "between a man and a woman."

Do you think Brad Pitt is right, that true love is genderless and that gay marriage should be legal?

• Lunacat 2009/08/12 01:47:31
    Lunacat
    +18
    None of us has any business telling anybody else who they can love and/or marry.

• Outtolunch 2009/08/13 06:38:46
    Outtolunch
    +2
    Of course it should be legal in the USA - For a civilised country you guys are so way behind the times on this one.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/13 20:33:11
    Common Sense Conservative
    We have this thing called faith that the majority believes in. And with faith comes God, and we that believe in God follow his words. And homos are not allowed.
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/13 21:29:11 (edited)
    Outtolunch
    +1
    You keep hiding behind your religion there and using it as an excuse for your bigorty. And if you are an example of someone who follows god, you can keep your religion because quite frankly, it sucks.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/13 21:45:49
    Common Sense Conservative
    I'm a hypocrite? Nice try. I believe in God and I'm proud of it. And some day when you are about to meet your maker I'm pretty confident you will want to repent your sins just because of the absolute doubt that you probably have. And trust me, I don't HIDE behind religion, I live it instead.
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/14 08:16:46 (edited)
    Outtolunch
    absolute doubt about what? That god exists? I have no doubt he doesnt exist and you are living your life to the tune of a fairy tale which is very nice for you but I choose to live my life as a decent human being because I want to not because a book tells me to thank you. And yes you are hiding behind your religion whether you want to accept it or not. Im sure your god would be very pleased with your ability to love your fellow man if he was real. Its people like you who pushed me away from christianity and forced me to question my beliefs in the first place.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/14 17:22:25
    Common Sense Conservative
    do what you want but when that day comes you WILL be hoping you made the right choice. Geez, I wonder why all of these people got together and wrote this so called book? Probably thought they could sell it for a lot of money. Crazy,
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/14 17:51:15
    Outtolunch
    Is that your argument for the existence of god? They wrote a book?? Have you actually read it? I have and it contradicts itself left right and centre - there is no consistency. You will have to do better than that. lol Same old same religious argument - ohhh you will pay when you die and meet your maker...tremble in fear at his wrath - seriously could not give a toss. If he did exist, I would have more to say to him than he would ever have to say to me.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/14 18:38:53
    Common Sense Conservative
    And this is ok if this is how you think. Trust me, I know what God is and I trust him more than anyone else on this Earth by far. My argument is way deeper than you could ever imagine because you just don't know. Have fun in your afterlife. I know I will.
  • maggie Outtolunch 2009/08/13 20:43:49
    maggie
    Are you quite certain that USA is a civilized country?? Yes we are way behind the times over here. Too many here are bible thumpers who love to preach to others from the Bible about a vengeful god and yada yada yada. I usually find they are the biggest hypocrites ever to be found..
  • Outtolunch maggie 2009/08/13 21:31:17 (edited)
    Outtolunch
    +1
    Yeah, see example one right above me up there. lol
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/14 17:24:26
    Common Sense Conservative
    I'm not a Bible thumper as you say but someone asked a question and you are afraid of the answer. I just follow the rules, if you choose not to that's your business, but when the day comes and you want forgiveness, don't be shocked with the answer.
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/14 17:48:25
    Outtolunch
    Do you take the same attitude with people who eat bacon that you do with people who are gay? Because if you dont, then you are a big ole hypocrit and only follow the rules that take your fancy like most christians do. When my day comes I will die and that will be that - if you are waiting for angels and harps then you are in for a big disappointment.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/14 18:40:09
    Common Sense Conservative
    You keep believeing what you want and I will believe what i know. Like I said before, have a great after life.
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/14 20:24:21
    Outtolunch
    If there was an afterlife Im sure I would but unfortunately neither you nor anyone else can prove to me that god exists nor give me any good reason to believe beyond the existence of a book thats full of made up stories. But hey if you are happy in your little land of make believe and it helps you sleep at night who am I to judge. And if you "know" that god exists how about a little proof for the rest of us?

You get one life, live it to the fullest and as best you can and spread the love. Dont judge others for what or who they are or who they choose to love. There is nothing after this so enjoy it while you can.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/14 21:14:07
    Common Sense Conservative
    Sorry Charlie, but there a God and he will be waiting there for me when it's over here. Let me ask you a question, where did we come from? Why is there an existance at all?
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/14 21:32:32
    Outtolunch
    Charlie is my cat, Im Heather lol

I will go with the evolution option on that one - and the meaning of life? Who knows? To live it?
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/14 21:40:10
    Common Sense Conservative
    So tell me about the evelution thing. How did it all start?
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/15 10:39:58
    Outtolunch
    +1
    So tell me about the god thing - where did he come from?

You see how that works?
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/15 16:47:03
    Common Sense Conservative
    When you give me some of your thoughts since I asked 1st I will for sure give you answers.
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/15 17:05:02
    Outtolunch
    +1
    Thats the thing though, nobody can answer it because nobody was here but I have more belief in the evolution ideal than I do in the creationist one. Just like you cant answer the question of where your god came from, its not like you can prove it, its your belief - I just happen to think that your belief is like believing in fairies and unicorns. Its a nice story but there is no proof that its true beyond the faith of those who choose to follow a certain religion - what makes your religion right and other religions wrong? What abouts the gods of indiginous people who have had no influence from the outside world - where did their gods come from? They came from stories, told years ago and passed down to make people behave themselves and act a certain way.

You cannot give me an answer because you do not know the answer, but I give more credit to the big bang theory than I ever will the bible.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/16 22:18:20
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    It's called faith, and faith is all that I need. You want proof but you can't prove your theory. I don't have to question God because he tells us not to and this is all I need. One thing that I look at all the time when someone such as yourself says all of this is fairytails is that all of the bible and all of that was like 3000 years ago and how educated people were then and now. These so called fairy tales were spoken and written 1000 times better than most people can write and speak today. Where did these people get their educations back then to speak and to write like this. Were people smarter and more educated then they are today? Lots of stuff like that.
  • Outtolunch Common ... 2009/08/16 23:11:10
    Outtolunch
    +1
    And i thought you had abandoned me. Hope you had a good weekend.

If either of us could prove our beliefs we would not be having this discussion. You have my respect as far as your beliefs go, your faith is a personal thing and thats good for you. Its just not for me, I wont believe in it and I dont need it to live a good life and be a good person.

Anyway back to the original point. Lets just say Im wrong and there is a god - then i would like to think that god is the sort of individual who wont judge people for being who or what they are - after all, if god created everything then he created homosexuals and he will love them the same as he does all his other creatures that he created. People are not gay by choice, its how they are made, most are good people and want to live good lives, and some are religious and hold the same beliefs as you. We have a rather sizeable LGBT christian community in the UK.

When we all start accepting each other and just being kind to each other for the sake of it, then we can say we are making progress in this world. I have enjoyed debating with you on this one though.
  • Common ... Outtolunch 2009/08/17 00:19:25
    Common Sense Conservative
    You say God created homos and he will love them the same as other creatures. Very true, but he also created murderers and rapists and terrorists did he not. Each and everyone of these human beings make and made choices and each and everyone of them are against Gods will. Do I think people are born with tendencies, 100% I do, BUT, it's the decisions that each of these people make is what defines the person as to how God looks at them. God says that we shall not commit adultry, do you think these people that do were born with the need to cheat at any cost?
  • Jasmine 2009/08/13 06:24:11
    Jasmine
    +4
    It's just another case of the liberal machine of Hollywood trying to influence how the public thinks.
  • Common ... Jasmine 2009/08/13 20:33:28
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    You're sooo right.
  • culpepper Common ... 2009/08/13 21:13:46
    culpepper
    and you are soooooo an idiot
  • Common ... culpepper 2009/08/13 21:46:53
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    I'm an idiot because I agree with what someone else says that doesn't go along with your belief? Once again, and great example of the liberal bullshit.
  • culpepper Common ... 2009/08/13 23:25:43
    culpepper
    who says I'm a Liberal lol? where I come from I am considered a conservative :)

that sweeping statement of 'just another case of the liberal machine of Hollywood trying to influence how the public thinks' was just so uninformed and generalised- with absolutely nothing to back it up- just another person repeating their mantrs given to them by their leaders lol
  • Common ... culpepper 2009/08/14 07:59:32
    Common Sense Conservative
    leaders? Wow. Where you come from you're considered a conservitive? Again, means nothing.
  • Krissy 2009/08/13 06:03:39
    Krissy
  • JoeJoe 2009/08/13 05:49:57
    JoeJoe
    +1
    Gay people are married in the eyes of GOD.
    Humans thinks they has the final say in all things. LOL
  • papag38 JoeJoe 2009/08/13 13:51:35
    papag38
    +2
    HOW WRONG YOU CAN BE READ THE BIBLE
  • Anig19 papag38 2009/08/13 14:18:25
    Anig19
    +1
    i agree... JoeJoe you are wrong...theres no religion or sacred book that says tht gay people are married in the eyes of God..please read the bible on more time
  • okapich... Anig19 2009/08/13 17:57:18
    okapichurro
    +2
    who says the bible has the right to rule our lives?
  • Common ... okapich... 2009/08/13 20:34:57
    Common Sense Conservative
    Uhhhhh, let me think about that. Oh, the answer is GOD.
  • frankie... Common ... 2009/08/13 20:43:15
    frankieMonster
    god?
  • okapich... frankie... 2009/08/13 21:06:11
    okapichurro
    i dont believe in god so that doesn't apply to me. sorry, u need a new reason
  • frankie... okapich... 2009/08/13 21:13:14
    frankieMonster
    neither do i. i was talking to the guy above my comment.
  • okapich... frankie... 2009/08/13 21:29:30
    okapichurro
    o lol, sorry. well i was talking to him then
  • frankie... okapich... 2009/08/13 21:32:14
    frankieMonster
    lol. no prob.

2014/07/30 23:31:22