Boy Scouts Of America, Have You Looked Across The Border At Canada?

~ The Rebel ~ 2013/02/07 04:32:49

It would do well for the American people to look across the border to Canada and see the disastrous consequences of such a decision.

In 1998, Canadian Scouts (CS) decided to allow females, atheists, agnostics, homosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals to join the CS. In 1999, they approved the establishment of an all-homosexual troop, which now marches in Canada’s “gay pride” parades. Within five years, scouting membership dropped over 50 percent, many scouting camps and offices were closed, and staff was laid off.

More importantly is the tragic sexual abuse by leaders in scouting.

Read More: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/boy-scouts-of-am...

• The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2013/02/07 05:30:05
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +7
    The BSA is a Christian based organization that teaches values that do NOT conform to the current "PC" agenda, and to allow lifestyle choices such as Homosexuality into this environment is to destroy it! Let the Gay scouts of America start their own organization and lets just see how many end up in jail for crimes against children!

• jumpboots 187th PIR 2013/02/12 04:07:05
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +1
    My children said that their children will not be Scouts, the decline has started.
  • umapathy Krishnamurthy 2013/02/08 20:01:07
  • Tic-Toc 2013/02/08 05:15:50
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    Boy Scout Oath, Law,
    Motto and Slogan
    and the
    Outdoor Code

-----------------------------...
    Boy Scout Oath or Promise
    On my honor, I will do my best
    To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
    To help other people at all times;
    To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

-----------------------------...

Note that the Boy Scout Oath has traditionally been considered to have three promises. Those three promises are delineated by the semicolons in the Oath, which divide it into three clauses. The three promises of the Scout Oath are, therefore:

•Duty to God and country,
    •Duty to other people, and
    •Duty to self
    DUTY TO GOD AND COUNTRY: Your family and religious leaders teach you to know and serve God. By following these teachings, you do your duty to God.

Men and women of the past worked to make America great, and many gave their lives for their country. By being a good family member and a good citizen, by working for your country's good and obeying its laws, you do your duty to your country. Obeying the Scout Law means living by its 12 points.

DUTY TO OTHER PEOPLE: Many people need help. A cheery smile and a helping hand make life easier for others. By doing a Good Turn daily and helping when you're needed, you prove yourse...

Boy Scout Oath, Law,
    Motto and Slogan
    and the
    Outdoor Code

-----------------------------...
    Boy Scout Oath or Promise
    On my honor, I will do my best
    To help other people at all times;

-----------------------------...

•Duty to God and country,
    •Duty to other people, and
    •Duty to self

DUTY TO OTHER PEOPLE: Many people need help. A cheery smile and a helping hand make life easier for others. By doing a Good Turn daily and helping when you're needed, you prove yourself a Scout and do your part to make this a better world.

DUTY TO SELF: Keeping yourself physically strong means taking care of your body. Eat the right foods and build your strength. Staying mentally awake means learn all you can, be curious, and ask questions. Being morally straight means to live your life with honesty, to be clean in your speech and actions, and to be a person of strong character.

-----------------------------...

Boy Scout Law
    A Scout is:

•Trustworthy,
    •Loyal,
    •Helpful,
    •Friendly,
    •Courteous,
    •Kind,
    •Obedient,
    •Cheerful,
    •Thrifty,
    •Brave,
    •Clean,
    •and Reverent.

-----------------------------...

Boy Scout Motto
    Be Prepared!

-----------------------------...

Boy Scout Slogan
    Do a Good Turn Daily!

-----------------------------...

The Outdoor Code
    As an American, I will do my best to -

•Be clean in my outdoor manners
    •Be careful with fire
    •Be considerate in the outdoors, and
    •Be conservation minded.

-----------------------------...
  • santa6642 2013/02/08 04:00:32
    santa6642
    +1
    A failure
  • princess 2013/02/08 02:00:06
    princess
    +2
    Wow, what a surprise.....the exact outcome the Liberals wanted all along, which is only to destroy ALL things based on morals, values, principles, or integrity.
    ANYTHING they dominate or control, will ALWAYS RESULT in FAILURE & DESTRUCTION.
  • rightside 2013/02/07 21:09:15
    rightside
    +2
    Seems homosexuals rights are more important than Christians rights. Sorry, they can start their own or just go away or just DADT.
  • Jackie 2013/02/07 20:36:43
    Jackie
    +1
    Well to be expected when you condone child abuse. All the great ingredients to raise children huh.
  • RJeffreySavlov 2013/02/07 17:11:45
    RJeffreySavlov
    +1
    As my grandmother used to say, " If Freddy jumps off the roof, it doesn't mean that you should too." Keep in mind In Canada Islamism is tolerated. There are a lot of things that they do in Canada that is right but this isn't one of them. It's called the "Boy Scouts" not the " I Don't Know What I Am Scouts".
  • Bolrog 2013/02/07 15:29:46
    Bolrog
    +1
    Wot's dey matta? Ehhhh? Dumb arse canucks have been liberal progressive country for decades now. Canadians say Eh
  • Debra S... Bolrog 2013/02/07 15:35:37 (edited)
  • Bolrog Debra S... 2013/02/07 16:10:12
    Bolrog
    +1
    Such nice manners. Thank God most Canadians have better manners than you do. ettiquette and manners
  • Debra S... Bolrog 2013/02/07 16:14:49 (edited)
  • Bolrog Debra S... 2013/02/07 16:21:19
    Bolrog
    +1
    Good bye then and have a hateful rotten life. Hatred and bitterness are corrosive to your well being and soul. count of monte cristo
  • Debra S... Bolrog 2013/02/07 16:53:14
  • ed 2013/02/07 14:57:18
    ed
    +1
    I for one hope they don't look at Canada.
  • Debra S... ed 2013/02/07 15:34:44
  • ed Debra S... 2013/02/08 09:20:28
    ed
    +1
    This doesn't have anything to do with the Sandy Hook shootings so why even bring it up?
  • Debra S... ed 2013/02/08 12:20:45
  • ed Debra S... 2013/02/09 00:58:50
    ed
    +1
    nobody asked you or made you answer this post ,it's a lot better than any post from a liberal or democrat .
  • Debra S... ed 2013/02/09 11:39:48 (edited)
  • Racefish 2013/02/07 14:41:18
    Racefish
    +4
    I don't think their idea will fly. Everyone will pull their kids out.
  • ed Racefish 2013/02/08 09:20:57
    ed
    +2
    That would be the thing to do .
  • Todd Parsons 2013/02/07 14:28:55 (edited)
    Todd Parsons
    +4
    Putting Gay scout leaders in charge will cost the scouts tons of membership. This is simply another attack on the American way of life
  • ed Todd Pa... 2013/02/08 09:21:16
    ed
    +1
    agreed
  • tytyvyllus 2013/02/07 14:11:51
    tytyvyllus
    +2
    what I don't get is how much chaos is caused by this seemingly small percent of the population. I think the majority should start acting as such
    +3
    If gays want to be in an organization that's like the Boy Scouts they can start something similar for themselves and leave normal Scouts alone.
  • Bevos 2013/02/07 13:29:58
    Bevos
    +3
    I don't believe their wanting to join the scouts is anything but, a chance to SHOVE their way into a place that clearly does not want them!! Let them form their own club, if they are so desparate to be a scout. Just NOT that one!!! I just don't believe their interest is to be a scout!!!
  • Matt 2013/02/07 13:10:48
    Matt
    +5
    Normal people have rights also. If gay people want a scouting group, they can start their own and see how many parents sign their children up.

Sodom and Gomorrah
  • Kidasha Matt 2013/02/07 17:38:46
    Kidasha
    normal is subjective to the point where it can be argued that it doesn't even exist
  • Matt Kidasha 2013/02/07 18:01:38
    Matt
    +1
    You would probably have to get away from Massachusetts to find it. I pay about one tenth of the taxes that residents in your state pay to live "liberal".
  • Kidasha Matt 2013/02/07 18:06:28
    Kidasha
    +2
    and yet Massachusetts has some of the highest test scores in the country as well as some of the best hospitals and colleges in the world so living "liberal" has it's advantages
  • Matt Kidasha 2013/02/07 21:06:59
    Matt
    +1
    While you are in school, or if you are working a good job, that is probably tolerable. A lot of East Coast people retire to Tennessee. Their pensions and Social Security go a lot farther here. There is no state income tax and property is affordable and the taxes on it are exponentially lower.
  • Kidasha Matt 2013/02/09 02:49:21
    Kidasha
    It's true, many New Englanders retire to Tennessee, and part of it is the reasons you listed. But for the most part, people in Massachusetts don't retire to Tennesse for the tax benefits, they retire to Tennessee because it's not as cold and has nice scenery. I mean come on, how often does Tennessee have blizzards?
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2013/02/07 12:50:40 (edited)
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +3
    The LWM cracked me up the way they reported the vote yesterday. They claim the BSA need more time to think it over, when in fact, the votes to pass the homo agenda WEREN'T THERE!
  • joe keeney 2013/02/07 12:47:20
    joe keeney
    +2
    Canada loves that stuff. In part they speak French.
  • MDMA joe keeney 2013/02/07 15:25:58
  • joe keeney MDMA 2013/02/07 23:10:06
    joe keeney
    +1
    The mayor of Paris is. They are surrender monkeys.
  • Debra S... joe keeney 2013/02/07 15:46:56 (edited)
  • joe keeney Debra S... 2013/02/07 23:13:02
    joe keeney
    +1
    Every where they go they come cry for to to bail them out. Last time were out of ammo. Nothing but cheese eating surrender monkeys.
  • Debra S... joe keeney 2013/02/07 23:22:35

2014/10/31 17:57:57