Bin Laden Raid Book Knocks ‘50 Shades’ from Top of Bestseller Lists: Do You Plan to Read ‘No Easy Day’?

No Easy Day doesn’t hit shelves until September 4, but it’s already pushed aside the Fifty Shades trilogy to claim the top spots on Amazon’s and Barnes & Noble’s bestseller lists. The book, written by a former member of Seal Team 6, is a firsthand account of the 2011 assassination of Osama bin Laden.

Despite the fact that the book is being published under the pseudonym “Mark Owen,” the SEAL team author has been identified as Matt Bissonnette. Bissonnette has stated that he was one of the team members present in the room when bin Laden was killed. In the months after the raid, he retired and began writing the book with journalist Kevin Maurer.

There has been so much hype surrounding the upcoming military memoir, the publisher, Dutton—an imprint of Penguin, had to move up the publication date from the previously announced September 11. They also increased the initial print run from 300,000 to 400,000 now to 575,000.

At this point, it seems that the book has not been read or cleared by the Defense Department. However, a spokesperson for Dutton has stated that the work was vetted by a former special operations attorney. A portion of the proceeds from No Easy Day will be donated to families of SEALs killed in action.

So, SodaHeads: Do you plan to read No Easy Day?

Read More: http://www.examiner.com/article/no-easy-day-is-num...

• Just Jenn for Now 2012/09/03 02:46:19
    Just Jenn for Now
    +11
    Anything is better than that knock-off Twilight porno that was polluting bookshelves and infecting walls with its advertisements.

Let's all band together to keep it this way then maybe, just maybe, that atrocity known as 50 Shades of Grey will fade away to nothing as soon as possible.

50 shades of pony

• historian 2013/05/28 18:20:58 (edited)
    historian
    +2
    The fiction of the bin Laden kill the days it unfolded on the propaganda stations was enough.

"Citing the law, The Associated Press asked for files about the raid in more than 20 separate requests, mostly submitted the day after bin Laden's death. The Pentagon told AP this month it could not locate any photographs or video taken during the raid or showing bin Laden's body. It also said it could not find any images of bin Laden's body on the Navy aircraft carrier where the al-Qaida leader's body was taken.

The Pentagon said it could not find any death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for bin Laden, or any pre-raid materials discussing how the government planned to dispose of bin Laden's body if he were killed. It said it searched files at the Pentagon, U.S. Special Operations Command in Tampa, Fla., and the Navy command in San Diego that controls the aircraft carrier Carl Vinson, used in the mission.

The Defense Department told AP in late February it could not find any emails about the bin Laden mission or his "Geronimo" code name that were sent or received in the year before the raid by Vice Adm. William McRaven, the head of Joint Special Operations Command who organized and oversaw the mission. It also could not find any emails from other senior...

The Defense Department told AP in late February it could not find any emails about the bin Laden mission or his "Geronimo" code name that were sent or received in the year before the raid by Vice Adm. William McRaven, the head of Joint Special Operations Command who organized and oversaw the mission. It also could not find any emails from other senior officers who would have been involved in the mission's planning. It found only three such emails written by or sent to then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates, and these consisted of 12 pages sent to Gates summarizing news reports after the raid."
    http://www.armytimes.com/arti...
  • ConLibFraud 2013/05/27 18:01:22
  • historian ConLibF... 2013/05/28 18:31:49
    historian
    +2
    ""Citing the law, The Associated Press asked for files about the raid in more than 20 separate requests, mostly submitted the day after bin Laden's death. The Pentagon told AP this month it could not locate any photographs or video taken during the raid or showing bin Laden's body. It also said it could not find any images of bin Laden's body on the Navy aircraft carrier where the al-Qaida leader's body was taken.

The Defense Department told AP in late February it could not find any emails about the bin Laden mission or his "Geronimo" code name that were sent or received in the year before the raid by Vice Adm. William McRaven, the head of Joint Special Operations Command who organized and oversaw the mission. It also could not find any emails from other senior officers who would have been involved in the mission's planning. It found only three such e...

http://www.armytimes.com/arti...
  • ConLibF... historian 2013/05/28 18:43:20
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    Don't tell the main stink media!
  • Little Angel 2012/09/16 00:51:41
  • libertariosaur 2012/09/07 23:58:06 (edited)
    libertariosaur
    I heard a sex-nerd sandra podcast on the subject of 50-shades of gray. And while I do usually listen to philosophical/political podcasts (this book probably won't provide me deep thought that I enjoy too. I get it. Bin Laden is dead)... This book does not interest me and I don't read books anymore. In fact, the other book sounds better to my tastes.
  • Blaine STEVENS 2012/09/06 19:32:45
    Blaine STEVENS
    I meant to press Yes. Now that we're coming closer to the 11th anniversary of September 11, I think that it's important for everyone to know how we killed the man that changed our world.
  • ralph.chastain 2012/09/06 19:00:06 (edited)
    ralph.chastain
    +1
    No. I won't read it. They didn't show Osama Bin Laden's death on the tv but they showed Saddam Hussein's death. I don't see why with the government's record they wouldn't release tv footage. Since it's "top secret", he probably shouldn't even release the book in the first place. Everyone knows that he is dead. No secret about it.
  • Larry 2012/09/06 18:37:35
    Larry
    not really I could give a crap less, let Oscuma read his brothers book
  • moviebuff 2012/09/06 17:50:02
    moviebuff
    These missions are suppose to be top secret. How do we even know that this guy is who he says he is.
  • Noor al Haqiqa 2012/09/06 16:08:14
    Noor al Haqiqa
    +2
    More propaganda and lies unless they tell the truth that the man was dead by 2003. They did not announce him dead until they could make more political hay out of lying about it and move on from AL Qaeda who they now use as ground troops to serve NATO purposes. Did Bin Laden die in Pakistan? Not a chance.... so the book is more mental pollution to the truth if it upholds the Pakistani crap.
  • historian Noor al... 2013/05/28 18:22:42
    historian
    +1
    Agreed. These books and movies only act as further propaganda to pollute the minds of the population into believing a lie.
  • MiinaNiemi03 2012/09/06 13:08:27
    MiinaNiemi03
    Eventually I will. I love to read.
  • MiinaNi... MiinaNi... 2012/09/06 13:09:21
  • RevBH 2012/09/06 01:39:53
    RevBH
    So many books, so little time.
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/09/05 16:45:26
    Margaret Jacobson
    INTERESTING !!
  • ConLibF... Margare... 2013/05/27 18:02:21
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    I agree! Lies are very interesting.
  • ticker 2012/09/05 15:16:44
    ticker
    +1
    Hmm... firsthand accounts of Tier 1 Operators killing bad guys or cheap halfassed porn... Dead bad guys please; if I want porn I'll buy a Hustler
  • ConLibF... ticker 2013/05/27 18:02:47
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    What about sucking down lies?
  • ticker ConLibF... 2013/05/28 12:39:22 (edited)
    ticker
    I don't suck; I drink slowly. If the Bin Laden raid was a hoax what does that say about something smaller.... like Sandy Hook? I'm more inclined to believe that the shooting was part of the Obama cartoon hour than the raid
  • ConLibF... ticker 2013/05/28 14:45:11
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    You mean Sandy Hoax?

There is zero evidence that anyone was shot at Sandy Hoax or they killed bin laden 2 years ago.
  • ticker ConLibF... 2013/06/02 05:42:21
    ticker
    Agreed, Sandy Hook was a hoax put on by DHS at the order of Obama in an attempt to gain support for his anti-America agenda. Maybe I haven't been looking, but I haven't heard anything about the raid being a hoax aside from random individuals like yourself who never offer any proof
  • ConLibF... ticker 2013/06/02 15:40:16
    ConLibFraud
    I challenge you to produce and post here any EVIDENCE they killed bin laden 2 years ago. Hearsay will be laughed at.
  • ticker ConLibF... 2013/06/03 04:04:31
    ticker
    I wasn't personally there so anything I post would be considered hearsay. Hows about you troll around elsewhere unless you have definite proof they didn't kill Osama in Pakistan
  • ConLibF... ticker 2013/06/03 14:45:46
    ConLibFraud
    I have tons of proof. There is ZERO evidence they killed him 2 years ago. And you fell for it! LMAO!

Now cough it up or continue being laughed at.
  • ticker ConLibF... 2013/06/04 06:33:19
    ticker
    hmmm one person laughing isn't very high on my list of concerns; even lower is whether or not Bin Laden was killed by SeALs or natural causes. Since you're the one who claims to have proof it's a hoax why don't you cough it up?
  • ConLibF... ticker 2013/06/04 07:03:14 (edited)
    ConLibFraud
    You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Close the mouth and open the ears. I have all the proof I need .. there is zero evidence they killed binnie.

Not playing your little dumbed down 4th grade game. You can't produce any evidence they killed bin laden 2 years ago so all you got are little 4th grade games. You fell for it hook line and sinker.

You active or a vet?
  • Nick 2012/09/05 14:45:07
    Nick
    +2
    I'll buy it, if nothing else proceeds go to fallen SEALs families
  • Rock Nick 2012/09/06 04:58:10
    Rock
    +1
    You win by default, I need somewhere to post since I already posted a few days ago. Anyway, I bought the book Tuesday at about 2:00 and I finished Wednesday a little after 2:00. I had good timing with a day off. It was an easy read and it was a good read. I'd definitely recommend reading this book. For me it was pretty much the way I thought it all happened except for (I can tell you this because it's been reported now) Bin Laden was not hiding behind one of his wives when he was shot. Take the time, spend the $20, get it in hard cover and enjoy the few photos that are within.
  • Nick Rock 2012/09/06 09:39:15 (edited)
    Nick
    Thanks, I'll pick it up today
  • ConLibF... Rock 2013/05/27 18:04:34
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    Well now that you are an expert on the hoax, why don't you cough up the evidence they killed bin laden 2 years ago? Hearsay will be laughed at as you render yourself useless.
  • Rock ConLibF... 2013/05/28 00:23:18
    Rock
    You're a Libtard idiot obviously....go troll somewhere else!
  • ConLibF... Rock 2013/05/28 00:47:12
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    No, you are making a huge assumption. Not a lib.

Your attempt to change the subject has failed.

Cough up the evidence they killed bin laden 2 years ago? Put your money where your mouth is.
  • Rock ConLibF... 2013/05/28 17:57:19
    Rock
    The evidence is there and readily available. I've seen the photos. Bin Laden has not been heard from, the ragheads aren't denying it, and to think otherwise would mean there are at least 6,000 people in on a conspiracy. I ask you which one is more likely? That's what I thought.
  • ConLibF... Rock 2013/05/28 18:01:22
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    You cannot provide any EVIDENCE. You are making as ass of yourself.
  • Rock ConLibF... 2013/05/29 01:14:52
    Rock
    You sound like a whinny conspiracy theorist idiot! Let me guess, you believe the government was in on 9/11?
  • ConLibF... Rock 2013/05/29 01:18:42
    ConLibFraud
    Your attempt to change the subject has failed. You have zero evidence they killed bin laden 2 years ago. Just admit you fell for the hoax.
  • Rock ConLibF... 2013/05/29 04:40:49
    Rock
    Wrong again!
  • ConLibF... Rock 2013/05/29 06:13:27
    ConLibFraud
    Then cough it up!
  • historian Rock 2013/05/28 18:23:37
    historian
    +1
    I'd like to see the photos, where'd you find them?

2014/10/23 02:04:56