Back-to-School Plastic Surgery Added to College Must-Haves: Lovely or Lame?

mrosen814 2012/09/06 21:00:00
According to ABC News, it seems that plastic surgery and breast implants are taking precedence over books and notepads. Some college-age women, according to ABC News, have confidence issues with their physical appearance. Whether it's breast implants or a breast reduction, more women are altering their anatomy during their university years for a multitude of reasons.

GMA.YAHOO.COM reports:
Among the latest must-have accessories for students across the country heading back to college is one that might surprise you. It’s not books or bedding. It’s breast or, namely, plastic surgery to achieve a different look.
heading college surprise books bedding breast plastic surgery achieve turning

Read More: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/back-school-p...

Lame
    +27
    What the?
    Seriously?
    Are they THAT uncomfortable with themselves as they are?
    Do they not have CONFIDENCE in their ability to face the day with the skills, the talent for their chosen profession/art?

This is SO >>> shallow ..
    why is 'surface' .. more important than just being a good human being?

• dekecds Standar... 2012/09/10 01:05:40 (edited)
    dekecds
    +1
    hey, it's less costly than a big screen TV these days. Plenty of college kids have bigger tv's than I have because their priorities are like this:

College kid: "I've got a thousand bucks left after my third paycheck, sweet! I can get a 50" TV now! Three more and I can afford surround sound!"

Where mine are: "I've got a thousand bucks left after my third paycheck, sweet! Now I've got an adequate emergency fund for my car! Three more and I can pay off my insurance for the year!"
  • alexiawesker38 2012/09/09 07:06:19
    Lame
    alexiawesker38
    +1
    lame and fake
  • aeroshock 2012/09/09 06:20:05
    Lame
    aeroshock
    +1
    To be honest, it would be one of the reasons I choose not to date the girl. Money being used for something completely unnecessary. Anyway, breasts are still breasts, big or small...and natural.
  • Deb 2012/09/09 05:40:33
    Lame
    Deb
    Who cares? Just a bunch of college cum dumpsters who want to use looks instead of brains to get ahead. Doesn't,work if they are butterfaces though,hope they know that
  • the_old_coach 2012/09/09 03:09:02
    Lame
    the_old_coach
    How dumb can you get?
  • Drug Free 2012/09/09 02:53:51
    Lame
    Drug Free
    Women have always been "vain glorious" anyhow so this should not come as a surprise to anyone.
    Bigger breasts....hmmmmm....I love it!
    Can they make them more "pointy looking" with puffy nipples???
  • Shadow Wolf 2012/09/09 00:16:50 (edited)
    Lame
    Shadow Wolf
    wow..this goes to show that most women care only about looks instead of intellegence
  • Cause Unknown 2012/09/09 00:05:05
    Lame
    Cause Unknown
    What are these "colleges" they speak of? I had no idea there are colleges that enroll and teach future porn stars.
  • jere.chievres 2012/09/08 23:37:05
    Lame
    jere.chievres
    +1
    Sheer stupidity.
  • ed 2012/09/08 23:02:24
    Lovely
    ed
    +1
    lovely if they can afford them but it won't help them get any college credits.
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2012/09/08 22:54:34
    Lame
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    These young people who have plastic surgery are gonna regret it when they get older.
  • Dany 2012/09/08 21:37:38
    Lame
    Dany
    +2
    My faith in humanity has just taken a tumble over the cliff. What was left of it, anyway.
  • DP 2012/09/08 21:37:31
    Lame
    DP
    +1
    Stop wasting loan dollars by partying your ass off. College is for learning, not for froshing or whatever the hell that's called. Kids are such idiots these days and get the worst degrees ever. "Liberal arts" what the f*ck is that going to do for you later in life?
  • whatever DP 2012/09/09 00:04:55
    whatever
    +3
    Plenty of other non-liberal arts majors without jobs, either. The economy sucks all across the board. Major hardly even factors in.
  • DP whatever 2012/09/09 17:37:08
    DP
    I understand that, but contrary to the poster below you, there is no 100% employment in liberal arts around the country. Most of the jobs are low-paying, but I guess a low paying job is better than no job.
  • De-Dee DP 2012/09/09 13:15:53 (edited)
    De-Dee
    +1
    There are quite a few options actually and I agree with the comment below. I am a Liberal Arts Major. And so far, even with this economy, my major(at my University) has had a 100% employment rate. Fresh out of Grad school, straight to a career. Not everyone wants to be an engineer or nurse. If everyone did that, then there REALLY wouldn't be any job opportunities. Not to mentioned that with the lack of balance the country wouldn't just be on it's last leg...it'd be limbless and blind. I major in Music with a triple option in Music Technology, Music Education, and Flute Performance....That's quite a few career options there.
  • Fluttershy 2012/09/08 21:22:46
    Lame
    Fluttershy
    +1
    plastic surgery shouldn't exist, it's just another way of telling people that they're not perfectly fine the way they are.
  • evangelism_vision 2012/09/08 20:21:43 (edited)
    Lame
    evangelism_vision
    +2
    Beautiful Girl but all of that is not needed! People should like you for what you are inside. Personality means more.

If one is getting that done just to attract someone, that says to be that they feel insecure and have a low self esteem
  • Jaiheena Star 2012/09/08 19:31:09
  • Sam Jaiheen... 2012/09/08 20:33:51
    Sam
    +1
    *becoming. So what? If we are going to live in a world where people can look how they want to look and not be constantly accused of being surgery addicts then let it be so!

Im not ashamed to admit to having botox, fillers and enhanced boobs
  • Jaiheen... Sam 2012/09/08 22:39:46
  • Noobcake Sam 2012/09/09 11:32:22
    Noobcake
    +3
    You're 20 years old and you've had all that done!?!?

Also, "so what?"? It's not about criticising people for taking measures to look how they want, it's about questioning why people pay money to put toxic substances in their body to the detriment of their health, bank account, and, possibly, appearance!

It is NOT like exercising to get a better figure, nor is it even comparable to wearing shape-wear, push-up bras, or make-up. The latter 3 might be false advertising to some extent but they're not harmful and are reversible. The same can't be said of botox, fillers, and breast implants.
  • Sam Noobcake 2012/09/09 16:28:06
    Sam
    we wear makeup, thats fake. Botox and fillers last for 7 months at the most and i have thought long and hard about my implants.
  • Jackal 2012/09/08 19:19:28
    Lame
    Jackal
    +1
    Really dude?
  • Nonpartisan 2012/09/08 19:13:38
    Lame
    Nonpartisan
    +2
    Personally I prefer nice small natural breasts. I never could understand why some people think that they have to blow them up like balloons. Small and natural is lovely.
  • Sam Nonpart... 2012/09/08 19:41:42
    Sam
    +2
    i completely agree that Pamela Anderson sized busts are certainly not good for society and give surgery a bad name, but not all of us with silicone chests are as shallow and unstable
  • Nonpart... Sam 2012/09/08 20:06:53
    Nonpartisan
    +3
    I just said I think Small and natural is most lovely, If you want to add something to that, that is your choice. I have read many studies which say that putting a material like silicone into your body is a bad choice because it rarely stays where it was originally put. Since the body naturally absorbs and tries to eliminate all foreign substances in the body it is absorbed and causes major health problems later. For the sake of false vanity that is something that I would not do or want anyone I know and care about to do.
  • Sam Nonpart... 2012/09/08 20:13:07
    Sam
    i have nothing against you preferring women with small breasts, but saying that anyone who wants to get them enlarged a little wants their breasts like balloons is an overstatement
  • Nonpart... Sam 2012/09/08 20:19:59
    Nonpartisan
    +1
    I am sorry that you misunderstood. I was commenting on the people who think the bigger the better, which makes no sense. As I said in my second comment you are free to do what you want, however; putting a foreign substance like silicone into your body for vanity, which has been proven to cause health problems many years later is in my opinion a very bad choice to make.
  • Sam Nonpart... 2012/09/08 20:23:26
    Sam
    well it was a poor choice of words for you to say all women with breast implants want their chests looking like pairs of balloons
  • Nonpart... Sam 2012/09/08 20:29:12
    Nonpartisan
    +1
    I have copied my comment here "I never could understand why some people think that they have to blow them up like balloons." please point out where the word ALL is, I never put it in and never intended to. No I used the word "some" which is appropriate, and that also refers to "some" men who I also can not understand. Please read the comment before you go off half cocked and say something that is not true.
  • Sam Nonpart... 2012/09/08 20:31:00
    Sam
    +1
    fair enough
  • David H... Nonpart... 2012/09/09 18:39:48
    David Hussey
    Ditto
  • sarah.hoyt.505 2012/09/08 18:53:19
    Lame
    sarah.hoyt.505
    +4
    instead of "DAD can I have a benz?" it's "Dad I need a bigger bust for spring break?" I'm crying, you can't see it but I'm crying.
  • baboula 2012/09/08 18:01:54
    Lame
    baboula
    +1
    What? Back to college?
    I guess that means 19 and 20 year olds. They should told that since they are over 18, they can do want they want but all they are getting from the parents are books (not to mention paying for the school) It makes you wonder what parent would do this?
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/09/08 17:35:04
    Lame
    Rebel [SHP]
    +1
    Plastic boobs are nasty. Natural girls are so much hotter.
  • SOUL4REAL 2012/09/08 17:15:52
    Lame
    SOUL4REAL
    +2
    I'm so "Sick" of all this "Plastic Surgery" bullsh*t,I can "Screammmmm"!! In a minute they all are going to be looking like the "Blow Up Dolls"! Not Real,everything about them are "Fake"!! Put you in the mind of the movie "I'm going to get you sucker"! When it was time,you know what I mean? This damn woman had to take everything from her "Hair" to her "Teeth" off and out!! It was funny as hell!!
  • Sam SOUL4REAL 2012/09/08 19:43:16
    Sam
    not all plastic surgery is so over the top and not everyone with silicone chests are addicted to having more work done
  • SOUL4REAL Sam 2012/09/08 20:34:47
    SOUL4REAL
    +1
    You have a point,but why would you get plastic surgery any a way? They must have "Self-Esteem" issues to begin with. Now, I can see it if the person have some type of deformity. Most people who get plastic surgery are not happy with themselves. Bottom line!
  • Sam SOUL4REAL 2012/09/08 20:42:01
    Sam
    well i didint have a deformity. I have a good job, wonderful boyfriend and happy life and certainly dont have self esteem issues. I just wanted bigger breasts, not an obssession i'd just like to have them a little bigger.

2014/08/01 05:57:40