Atheism Is A Religion And How You Can Be Saved

Foxhound BN0 2012/05/10 12:52:09
Wow you have a church and everything.
Lalalala I'm not listening! I'm not listening!
Before you whip out your dictionaries, just hear me out. I will be brief in telling you why atheism is a religion and how you can be saved.

There is faith and there is fact. The fact is no one knows whether there is a supreme being in the universe. Every group has a faith based opinion on this except one, agnostics. Agnostics are the true unbelievers, the faithless, the perfect logicians among us who choose not faith but facts.

Atheists do have faith. We have faith that there is no god, in spite of only seeing a tiny part of our universe so far. You cannot deny that is faith. I consider myself an agnostic-atheist because I do not believe in god or gods, and I have enough faith to say so without proof, but I also realize that I am acting on faith, and not entirely on facts, which makes me religious.

How can you be saved? Join us! Click here to join The Official Church of Atheism!

Rave this if you want to end religious intolerance.

• socokid 2012/05/10 13:25:32
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    socokid
    +7
    Couple of things:

Within discussing very generic notions of a God, I am an agnostic atheist. Most "atheists" are really "agnostic atheists" when pressed, and when discussing general notions of a God. If presented with enough evidence of existence, I would believe in "x", no matter what "x" is. No doubt. Open minds are a usual staple of atheism.

ALL things believed require some amount of faith. We all, as humans, move through this universe realizing probabilities.. nothing more. The problem arises when we believe in things on pure and utter faith alone. No evidence. I, for one, attempt to remove as much faith as possible before believing in something.

So, everyone always uses some amount of faith in anything they believe. If this is what "religion" means, then the word "religion" has lost all meaning, and we would then have to come up with a different term to describe those that employ utter faith in non-evidenced, magical dogmas.

• Helmholtz 2012/06/25 08:55:15
    Helmholtz
    +2
    It seems like a distinction needs to be made between people who have a passive absence of belief in god and people who have an active disbelief in god.
  • Foxhoun... Helmholtz 2012/06/25 10:51:20
    Foxhound BN0
    +2
    I call myself an agnostic-atheist, meaning I don't believe in a god but I also don't KNOW there is not a god.
  • xNeonVenom 2012/06/09 18:47:32
    xNeonVenom
    +1
    Seriously, it's not religion. Personally if i wanted to believe in anything, I would believe in Jimmy Sullivan. and if you ask me any religion is stupid, you don't have any proof, it's all just opinions.
  • Foxhoun... xNeonVenom 2012/06/25 10:53:47
    Foxhound BN0
    exactly
  • Rukasak... xNeonVenom 2012/07/01 03:04:01
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    really woman? youre gonna go all Jimmy all over this? :P
  • Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow 2012/06/09 00:22:20
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    atheism is NOT a religion, it is a lack of religion. please do some research before you spew a bunch of crap on something you know nothing about.
  • Foxhoun... Rukasak... 2012/06/25 10:51:59
    Foxhound BN0
    hahahaha
  • ehrhornp 2012/05/22 01:26:04
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Atheism is not unified. It is like a mistake that was made in the sixties thinking all communists were the same. (They were not.) In the same way not all atheists are the same. I think most atheists do not have a faith that there is no God, rather no convincing evidence has been presented to prove that there is a God.

Actually when one has more and more knowledge, it becomes apparent that we all contain God to some extent within ourselves. After all we are the products of exploding suns. How more God like than that can one get? To be born of exploding suns.
  • Foxhoun... ehrhornp 2012/05/27 14:39:25
    Foxhound BN0
    +1
    only agnostics say "I don't know.", not atheists. Atheists believe there is no god.
  • ehrhornp Foxhoun... 2012/05/28 22:08:45 (edited)
    ehrhornp
    I think atheists could probably be divided into two groups. Those who insist that there is no God and those who feel God does not exist because there is not enough evidence to support such a claim. If there was evidence, these people would probably accept the existence of a God while the first group would probably still insist that the evidence is not good enough.
  • Foxhoun... ehrhornp 2012/05/29 14:30:10
    Foxhound BN0
    I call myself an agnostic atheist.
  • Helmholtz Foxhoun... 2012/06/25 08:57:03
    Helmholtz
    +1
    I thought that Atheism lived in the realm of belief and that Agnosticism lived in the realm of knowledge.
  • Foxhoun... Helmholtz 2012/06/25 10:53:11
    Foxhound BN0
    +1
    I agree.
  • luvguins 2012/05/20 04:57:41
    luvguins
  • Moose 2012/05/19 18:09:58
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    Moose
    +1
    That does not make you right but, it gives you rights.
  • Foxhoun... Moose 2012/05/20 04:25:35
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/05/14 12:12:30 (edited)
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +2

...yeah, but I'm really just a Polyatheist at heart.
  • HipJipC 2012/05/14 07:53:10
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    HipJipC
    +1
    Interesting. I was just talking about this with my roommate the other day and he said the same thing. If it works for you and those like minded it's a good thing. I hope you are all saved and have very happy lives.
  • ProVega 2012/05/13 21:34:22
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    ProVega
    +1
    I didn't know I needed saving? I live here in the United States of America and am surrounded by friends and family. What else is there?
  • Johnny 2012/05/13 03:08:42
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    Johnny
  • Ramon 2012/05/11 09:34:51
    Ramon
    Just having faith in something doesn't make it a religion. I have faith that my employer will pay me every two weeks but I don't worship my job. Religion is a belief in a higher power. You don't believe in that, so you're not religious.
  • Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2012/05/11 05:13:12
    Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +2
    I have faith that I will wake up tomorrow that doesn't make it some kind of religion. A church of atheists is like a government of anarchists... What would the purpose of this church be? Remind me not to pray and what sins I can do that haven't been made illegal?
  • The Judge 2012/05/11 00:55:33
    The Judge
    Either believe in all Gods or none, Why is it so hard to believe that a man can be swallowed by a whale but not that one can throw lightning? The Rabid deists need to spread their word or their God dies. if their God does exist why should i follow him when he has no affect on my life one way or another. if you have to threaten someone into beliving in your God is he really so powerful?
  • Ramon The Judge 2012/05/11 09:39:41
    Ramon
    The point isn't to threaten people into believing in God. If God made people believe in him because He is so powerful then it wouldn't mean anything. He gives us a choice....either follow Him or not. It's your choice. Making someone love you is akin to rape and God doesn't "rape" us or hold us captive to His love. We follow him or not out of our own choice.
  • The Judge Ramon 2012/05/11 19:03:00
    The Judge
    +1
    That's a nice sentiment except for the whole hell thing, People of weak minds turn to God when they can not run their own lives. Sadley many fall into the trap of believing in the punishment if "we" do not follow him. it's how the church controls it's followers. if what you say is true there would be no consequence in believing or not believing in The Christian/Abrahamic Gods. So this either says he is real and is insecure and malicious or is a figment of the imagination, merely there to justify your own beliefs both good and bad
  • Ramon The Judge 2012/05/12 06:20:36
    Ramon
    Well, it depends on what you're definition of Hell is. Some people say that it is merely the total absence of God in your life, which is dark, cold, and lonely. That sure sounds like Hell to me. So it's not that he's malicious, but if you reject him then he gets totally out of your life, which was your wish in the first place.
  • The Judge Ramon 2012/05/12 11:18:55
    The Judge
    Some say that this world is Hell. I'm not sure but he has not had any barring on my word till this point good or bad the way your friend evangel speaks it's a wonder anyone follows at all. Good luck with your choices, regardless.
  • Ramon The Judge 2012/05/19 11:02:00
    Ramon
    Well, some may think that this world is Hell, but a lot of times it is a Hell of the person's own doing. I have seen lots of good things in this world and I enjoy being in it. I certainly would not call it Hell.
  • The Judge Ramon 2012/05/19 11:05:29
    The Judge
    +1
    Each person experiences it different
  • Ramon The Judge 2012/05/20 09:56:43
    Ramon
    Yep...
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/05/10 23:49:46
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    " The fact is no one knows whether there is a supreme being in the universe."
    WRONG! I KNOW that there IS a Supreme Being, and I even know who He is.
  • The Judge Dave Sa... 2012/05/11 00:41:03
    The Judge
    +3
    Robert Downy Jr?
  • Foxhoun... The Judge 2012/05/11 00:46:39
    Foxhound BN0
    +3
    Chuck Norris?
  • The Judge Foxhoun... 2012/05/11 00:56:48
    The Judge
    +2
    Chuck seems to have the upper hand being reel and all.
  • Foxhoun... Dave Sa... 2012/05/11 00:41:21
  • PapaHemp Dave Sa... 2012/05/12 17:25:55
    PapaHemp
    I admit it...I'm God.
  • Dave Sa... PapaHemp 2012/05/12 18:32:37
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I know you're not Him :)
  • adhikari_2000 2012/05/10 23:16:50
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    adhikari_2000
    Atheist's God delusion is not good or bad delusion; but for proper foundation of mankind whether you are someone Atheist or not, but Savior for Mankind for future who loves us without of all forms of caution, caution in Love is perhaps the most fetal to true happiness. Thank you all.
    American values protecting faith of US mostly
  • Silversnake 2012/05/10 23:10:33
    Silversnake
    +2
    I thought atheism was an escape from the "hypocrisy" of religion. Why fall into the same trap that you condemn others of?
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2012/05/10 22:04:09
    Wow you have a church and everything.
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +1
    True. And many atheists have trouble with this fact.

2014/10/22 14:01:37