Armed Thugs Invade Home of Man With Gun Tattoo

Transquesta 2014/03/19 19:15:44
I cannot possibly convey to you how much I pine for the day when we hear an account in the news where a home invasion by kowards in kevlar is met with a repulsive force FIVE TIMES more brutal than anything they muster in the initial assault. It's not that the words aren't there, mind you. I COULD elaborate--but alas, this is a country where expressing such fantasies is against the law.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Gun’ Tattoo Mistakenly Brings Heavily Armed Police To Maine Man’s Home
March 19, 2014 8:40 AM

Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man’s home after members of a tree removal crew he’d told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.

NORRIDGEWOCK, Maine (AP) — Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man’s home after members of a tree removal crew he’d told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.

Turns out the “gun” the tree crew had seen on Michael Smith of Norridgewock was just a life-sized tattoo of a handgun on his stomach.

Smith, who works nights, was asleep when the tree crew contracted by a utility to trim branches near power lines, woke him up at about 10 a.m. Tuesday.

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he’s not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.

Smith tells the Morning Sentinel the tattoo has never been a problem before.

Police didn’t charge him.

Read More: http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014/03/19/gun-tat...

• www.centristproject.org 2014/03/21 16:31:51
    www.centristproject.org
    +1
    Repeal the Brady Bill
  • Food Stamp Papa (Phart) 2014/03/20 15:10:34
    Food Stamp Papa (Phart)
    +1
    don't those idiots know the difference between a real gun and a tattoo of a gun?
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2014/03/20 15:01:47
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    I heard about this, and it just doesn't even surprise me anymore.

"Police didn't charge him." What is surprising is that they didn't murder him.
  • Transqu... WannaBe... 2014/03/20 17:07:06
    Transquesta
    +1
    Bingo!
  • Professor Wizard 2014/03/20 14:15:32
    Professor Wizard
    +2
    So... did the police department, pay for the damage they did smashing through his front door?

Did they apologize in any way for his aggressive mistreatment?

I am betting not!

If you have someone you want to screw with... just make an anonymous call to the PoPo and tell them he/she has a gun.
  • Transqu... Profess... 2014/03/20 17:07:49
    Transquesta
    +1
    People do this all the time. It's called 'swatting.'
  • Einstein's Firecracker 2014/03/20 09:21:56 (edited)
    Einstein's Firecracker
    +2
    The police and SWAT never ever entered his home. They surrounded it and told Smith to come out. They had to respond as if it were an actual threat, since the tree crew thought it was a real gun and could not understand what he was yelling due to the noise from their equipment. It was just a misunderstanding of the situation. The police here are more respectful of the citizens than in most places, and on most parts we have good relationships with our law enforcement.

Get the facts and don't exaggerate them. Don't say it's a ferocious, monster cat tearing apart a flock of sheep, when it's a kitten playing with a ball of yarn.

http://www.usatoday.com/story...
  • Transqu... Einstei... 2014/03/20 17:10:22
    Transquesta
    ROTFLMAO! "Exaggeration"? Man, please.

An armed koward in kevlar who violates a man's home IS an animal as far as I'm concerned, and should he be treated as one he won't be getting any sympathy from me.
    .
  • Einstei... Transqu... 2014/03/21 15:03:56 (edited)
    Einstein's Firecracker
    +1
    And the same "armed thug" who protects citizens during a crisis from real criminal, while still doing his job, is now a hero to some. No officers went in blazing before they assessed the situation, and no one was harmed. A few bad apples don't need to spoil the barrel. There are good, honest officers out there doing their jobs correctly and peacefully.

Heroes in Kevlar.
    boston bombing

20 seconds into video you see thug in Kevlar!
  • Transqu... Einstei... 2014/03/21 19:37:37
    Transquesta
    +1
    As near as I can tell there's only one minor difference in our respective positions. You believe the 'bad apples' are the exception whereas I believe they're the rule.
  • Fire fighter 6991 2014/03/20 05:09:17 (edited)
    Fire fighter 6991
    +2
    So now its illeagal to yell at people while having a gun tucked in ur waist band of ur pants? Damn.. guess im lucky...i yelled at a bastard for nearly running me over once with his car..i had a gun on my side in a holster...but no one called the cops.. i guess out here in Ga its not as gestapo yet.. what if the guy had a gun? And when those storm troopers came in...he shot a few of em and then he died as a result...just think..people would have died over a damn tattoo...unreal. those cops should be sued..unlawful entry.. property damage..etc.. they had no right to make a tactical entry without first making contact. Its normally police policy to not make entry to an unknown home without some serious investigations being done..for all those nazi bastards knew..could have been small kids in there... wreckless behavior no doubt.
  • Ali A. 2014/03/20 00:25:16
    Ali A.
    +1
    Another reason to be a good gun owner-shoot safe!
  • Murph 2014/03/19 23:49:47
    Murph
    +3
    Don't police departments in Maine have telephones?
  • Able 2014/03/19 21:49:15
    Able
    +5
    The article ends with, "Police did not charge him"???

With what?!?!

Even news writers just don't get it!
  • TKramar 2014/03/19 20:24:15
    TKramar
    +1
    brandishing a gun is generally considered a crime.

I wish he'd had a gun and responded with it when police crashed through his door. One less gun owner.
  • Transqu... TKramar 2014/03/19 20:35:27 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +3
    Interesting. I wish he'd had a gun, too. A machine gun. A machine gun which he'd had the chance to grab BEFORE the thugs broke into his home. A machine gun for which he'd have had LOTS of ammunition. Ten less thugs (would have been an excellent START!).
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/19 21:30:57
    Sure Yeah
    +3
    I am torn between thoughts that you're an absolute idiot or that you are possibly the single worst POS to walk the face of the Earth. Lets walk through the possible reasons why, 1] you wish that another human being was dead because of something he does or doesn't own, 2] you wish possible harm to Police Officers just so that first person can be killed, 3] you wish to impose your beliefs on others.

Any way you cut it, you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Owning a firearm is NOT a reason to be killed any more than owning a BMW, house, dog, cat, Dell PC, smartphone, or any other personal property, pet, or consumer items. I'd love to hear others weigh in as an informal poll on which you are.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/19 21:32:31
    TKramar
    +1
    People with guns kill people. People without guns make the world a safer place for everyone.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/19 22:12:26
    Sure Yeah
    +5
    And again you muddy the waters with stupidity. People have killed people without using guns since the first humans learned how to use sticks and stones. You are simply railing at which tool they use to do it.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/19 23:11:28
    TKramar
    +1
    Yes, because any simpleton can kill with a gun and it requires no skill. Perfect weapon for someone like you.

Instead of learning HOW to fight, you rely on a crutch.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/19 23:28:30
    Sure Yeah
    +4
    Now you're simply projecting. First, depending on how you mean, a firearm requires a great deal of skill when fired from a distance... one must compensate for bullet drop, wind speed, temperature, light conditions, humidity, barometric pressure, the Coriolis effect, etc. Also you characterize me as a simpleton, yet you are the one that uses one dimensional arguments advocating violence against those who own weapons merely because you dislike weapons... I fail to see how I am the simpleton for pointing out that you're morally bankrupt.

Then there is the portion in which you assume that because I know how to use a weapon I am not capable of unarmed combat. Maybe in your world having a weapon is a crutch, in mine it is simply another tool to be used if needed... it has been used in the past to save my life [as a child my father killed a rattlesnake that was about to strike me, as an adult I had to pull my weapon to allow 3 thugs to decide they really didn't want to continue the course they were beginning to pursue]. The mere presence of a weapon does not presage a violent killing, and sometimes may in fact prevent one.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/19 23:52:15
    TKramar
    +1
    that's why five year olds have killed people, because they invested a great deal of time and skill at it.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/20 00:19:15
    Sure Yeah
    +3
    What are you babbling about now? Do you always have asinine, knee jerk responses or do you ever actually give it thought before you engage your fingers? Did I not say that there are times that a firearm requires a great deal of skill, or did you not read and understand the qualifiers involved?

http://www.kltv.com/story/148...

http://www.refugees.bratfree....

Want to ban water, swimming pools, or bathtubs now too?
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 12:05:24
    TKramar
    +1
    You claim it requires skill, and that is not indicated by most of the incidents.

more people are shot on accident than on purpose.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/20 15:50:08
    Sure Yeah
    +1
    You have a serious lack of reading comprehension, you should work on that... I said, "First, depending on how you mean, a firearm requires a great deal of skill when fired from a distance". Need I break that down for you word by word or can you make the connection that I am telling you that in certain situations the use of a firearm requires a great deal of skill.

Also if you wish to take away guns because many people have accidents with them, 515,000 people required emergency room visits due to bicycle crashes, do you wish to hurt people to take their bikes because clearly bikes are dangerous? What about cars, ladders, and bathtubs... all dangerous and prone to accidents.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 15:51:08 (edited)
    TKramar
    +1
    you said it requires a "great deal of skill"--I indicated that it does not.

I don't own a bike. Or a car.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/20 15:56:14
    Sure Yeah
    +1
    Damn, you really are stupid... I indicated that under SOME circumstances it does since you inferred that it never did. Yeah I kind of suspected you probably don't have a license, truth be known I often wonder if you're just out on a day pass from a mental institution.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 15:57:49 (edited)
    TKramar
    +1
    Point and shoot. That's why five year old kids can pick one up and kill their parents or other kids on accident.

I have a license, but I don't drive--why should I drive when I have two perfectly good legs? I'm not a fat lazy bastard.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/20 15:59:25
    Sure Yeah
    +1
    It kind of depends on how far you need to go and what you intend to take with you or bring back.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 16:01:24
    TKramar
    +1
    why would you go any further than a couple of miles from home? Five miles is about a two hour walk.

You don't need things. You might bring back food from a grocery store, but I put the stuff in a pack and carry it home a couple of miles. Weighed it one trip, it was 80 pounds. Most times it's less.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/20 16:11:41
    Sure Yeah
    +1
    For one my job used to routinely take me 35 miles from home, the job itself was 14 miles, and sometimes I had to travel as much as 200 - 300+ miles for work. As for things, yes sometimes you do need "things" for instance a generator before the last major set of storms [since it knocked out all power for quite some time]... rather hard to walk around with a generator for about 14 miles, actually there are many examples.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 16:16:19
    TKramar
    +1
    Why do that kind of work?

Why not work locally?

After Hurricane Charley hit Florida we were out of power for three weeks. We didn't need a generator, we just accepted being out of power. There's no need for it.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/20 16:44:36
    Sure Yeah
    +1
    Why not do that kind of work, it gave me a chance to see a great many places, some I had to drive to, some they flew me to. Also it was a facet of a promotion of sorts that was quite useful at the time.

You probably didn't have temps that dropped down to zero either, then too its possible you didn't have to find out about the snow storm behind it, it is also possible you don't have a well and therefore the loss of power wouldn't affect your ability to get water or shower, then too its possible you didn't have issues with having to worry about stocking a fridge because your roads were going to ice over and shut everything down including the grocery store... but you Luddite tendencies are duly noted [odd that you have a PC given your loathing of "things"].
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 16:46:26 (edited)
    TKramar
    +1
    Because it makes no sense to work somewhere you cannot walk to.

Although it is Florida, it still hits freezing in the dark of the night. But I'd even walk in snow up to my knees.
  • Sure Yeah TKramar 2014/03/20 16:53:41 (edited)
    Sure Yeah
    +1
    See, the thing is I don't live in the city, nor do I wish to... therefore there is nowhere I could walk to work from here.

I know what the temps in Florida can do, and as for walking in snow up to your knees... doing it several miles each way is not terribly pleasant.

It is terribly impractical to live where you work or work where you live when you prefer to live in a slightly rural area.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 16:59:17
    TKramar
    +1
    Makes sense to work where you live, or live where you work.

Best time was when I lived aboard a Navy ship. That's being close to the job.
  • TKramar Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 16:48:08
    TKramar
    +1
    this is a work PC, I do taxes three months a year, but of course it's pretty dead now.
  • Food St... Sure Yeah 2014/03/20 15:15:10
    Food Stamp Papa (Phart)
    +1
    better ban rocks!
  • Transqu... TKramar 2014/03/19 23:43:04
    Transquesta
    +2
    ROTFLMAO! People without guns end up inheriting the earth in 3x6x7 foot plots.
  • TKramar Transqu... 2014/03/19 23:53:34
    TKramar
    +1
    everyone dies at some point, if you're too old and weak to defend yourself physically, you can't take care of yourself anyway. and why should the taxpayers carry you (Social Security)?

2014/10/02 04:38:29