Are you still proud to be an American??

Emotive 2013/04/18 10:57:18
Related Topics: American

• Smokey 2013/04/18 16:52:41
    Yes I am
    Smokey
    +8
    I'm always proud to be an American! I'm a combat war veteran, US Army!!! I LOVE AMERICA!!!!!

• Rick 2013/06/30 13:50:36 (edited)
    Rick
    +1
    I'm also a vet and used to be more proud of this country until the the socialist mooching liberals took over this country. Since then it has gone to hell!!! It's time for another revolution to get rid of these UN-American POS! I'm tired of them forcing their ways, views an immorality on us!
  • Blueskies 2013/06/28 17:07:55 (edited)
    Yes I am
    Blueskies
    +1
    I am very proud of my heritage as a American.

I am very sad at the way we and our nation have been trashed by our own 'guilty/liberal elite'. I thought of Nations as families, and each had its house and home, and we really should not stick our nose into other families business.
    I was told I was a isolationist with disdain, by immigrant and liberal. No one explained why I was wrong to not want to tell others how to run their lives.

I am aware that the modern elite has a international agenda and resents this point of view and the heritage I am proud of as obsolete and 'parochial'.... and maybe it is.
    Every nation in the world seems to be facing the same internal confrontation.

http://spectator.org/archives...
  • Gothic Angel 2013/06/28 04:05:20
    Yes I am
    Gothic Angel
    +1
    I always am. proud to be an american gifs
  • Trish 2013/06/28 02:02:06
    Yes I am
    Trish
    +1
    Proud of the country, not the people, not the government, not the organizations.
    Just the country.
  • Dickens 2013/06/28 01:56:34 (edited)
    Yes I am
    Dickens
    +1
    ...but considerably less so after being forced to participate in the horrors we did to the Vietnamese...
  • gizamondo 2013/06/28 01:11:52
    Yes I am
    gizamondo
    +1
    Proud to be an American? Yes. Proud of what we stand for, Damn right. Proud and willing to defend and die for the Constitution, Hell yes. I'm a Constitutional loving Libertarian. I love this country, do you?
  • ᗩda 乂 2013/06/27 18:26:21
    ᗩda 乂
    +1
    If I was American I'd be proud.乂°‿°乂
  • <3 M@HSHAD <3 2013/06/27 18:07:17 (edited)
    <3  M@HSHAD <3
    +1
    im not emerican but i like them and i proud that im an iranian
     iran
    Yes I am
    +1
    Every day I'm proud to be an American. I took an oath to protect this wonderful country and I will.
  • Tdub 2013/06/27 15:38:59
    Yes I am
    Tdub
    +2
    I am still very proud to be an American. I'll admit that I have not always liked decisions made by the government but who out there can say they've loved every decision made by their government over the course of their lifetime? Not everyone can be pleased all the time. I wavered on my patriotism for a while but traveling abroad actually made me much more proud to be from this country. I saw all the advantages we have and that people from elsewhere, whether they realize it or not, are heavily influenced by American culture. Our TV shows and movies are being viewed and loved all over the world, people want to dress and act like us, and so many still want to come to this country for a better life. The unfortunate consequence of this is that other cultures fade as they take on American rituals but it just goes to show, whether admitting to it or not, we are still the most influential country in the world. That is something to be proud of and we should be taking advantage of it for the betterment of mankind.
  • Jerry 2013/06/27 15:02:20
    Jerry
    +1
    Lot of people with dual citizenship (I'm not) rather use the other passport abroad.
    Safer and sadly less embarrassing.
  • Keith 2013/06/27 13:08:36
    Yes I am
    Keith
    +2
    Yes, why not?
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2013/06/27 11:37:16
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    Mostly, but I'm becoming increasingly embarrassed that the things that once made America worthy of my pride, are being so easily discarded, dismissed, and destroyed.
  • Kezzi Morris 2013/06/27 11:13:29
    No I am not
    Kezzi Morris
    +1
    Only because I am not American
  • SIMPATTYCO 2013/06/27 06:56:00
    Yes I am
    SIMPATTYCO
    +2
    But no longer proud of the current trajectory of my country.
  • TheTruth1313 2013/06/27 05:10:50
    Yes I am
    TheTruth1313
    +3
    Love my country...HATE MY GOVERNMENT!!!!
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2013/06/27 04:28:50
    Yes I am
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +2
    God, Family and country
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2013/06/27 04:27:07
    Yes I am
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    Not proud of our government
  • Broken 2013/06/27 04:15:05
    No I am not
    Broken
    +2
    Every day I more and more regret having spent my adult life defending this nation and these people who absolutely do not deserve defending. I am talking about the Liberals, gays, and statists spying on everybody. There is nothing left of the ideals that once made this country great.
  • Tdub Broken 2013/06/27 15:29:46
    Tdub
    +1
    Wow, what supposedly used to make this country great? Hating minorities for no reason but that they are different from you? Would you rather live in a country where everybody thinks exactly the same, and follows their leader with blind conviction? How did that work out for Germany in the 1940s? It's true there is a problem with bipartisanship bogging everything down in government right now but being able to voice your opinion without fear of suppression is still what makes this country the greatest in the world.
  • Broken Tdub 2013/06/27 18:57:21
    Broken
    I grew up in a family that in the 50's and 60's were solid Democrats. The beliefs we held then are the beliefs we hold today. A belief in God and the right to express that belief without ridicule or repression whether that was in private, in public or at work. A belief that the little guy should be defedned from the rich and powerful, whether those were individuals, corporations or govenments (the exact opposite is what we have today). A belief that government should be very limited and stay out of my business - there is so much government intrusion in daily activities it is ridiculous. A belief in individual freedom and responsibility - that I can decide for myself what is best for me and my family and likewise am responsible for whether I support and care for them - not the intrusive Nanny state based on socialist/progrssive ideals that wants to control everything I do. An absolute right to bear arms. I remeber as a kid being taught the responsible use of weapons by my uncles and grandfather (my dad was at sea in the Navy at the time) and being able to have my own 22 rifle that I would take with me in the woods without it being ever considered a criminal activity. And gays not only being married but business sued and threatened with jail for not wanting to seerve them were n...
    I grew up in a family that in the 50's and 60's were solid Democrats. The beliefs we held then are the beliefs we hold today. A belief in God and the right to express that belief without ridicule or repression whether that was in private, in public or at work. A belief that the little guy should be defedned from the rich and powerful, whether those were individuals, corporations or govenments (the exact opposite is what we have today). A belief that government should be very limited and stay out of my business - there is so much government intrusion in daily activities it is ridiculous. A belief in individual freedom and responsibility - that I can decide for myself what is best for me and my family and likewise am responsible for whether I support and care for them - not the intrusive Nanny state based on socialist/progrssive ideals that wants to control everything I do. An absolute right to bear arms. I remeber as a kid being taught the responsible use of weapons by my uncles and grandfather (my dad was at sea in the Navy at the time) and being able to have my own 22 rifle that I would take with me in the woods without it being ever considered a criminal activity. And gays not only being married but business sued and threatened with jail for not wanting to seerve them were not even considered a possibility. As regards freedom of expression, you are not allowed to speak openly about your beliefs on most college campuses if you have conservative or Christian beliefs. I see everthing I believe in destroyed within my lifetime and those that destroyed it are all from within. In my opinion, this nation is no longer great and I truly regret my part in defending it.
  • Tdub Broken 2013/06/27 19:34:08
    Tdub
    -"you are not allowed to speak openly about your beliefs on most college campuses if you have conservative or Christian beliefs"

That is not even remotely true. Take a look at the website for Cru (formerly known as Campus Crusades for Christ) http://www.cru.org/ministries... Very few colleges or universities, if any, do not have christian movements on campus. They can speak as openly as they want.

-"right to express that belief without ridicule or repression whether that was in private, in public or at work"

I might give you the repression at work, but nobody is stopping you from expressing a belief in private or out on the streets. You may be ridiculed if you try to shove your beliefs down other people's throats with an emphatic, holier than thou, display; but no one is taking your right to do it away.

-"An absolute right to bear arms"

The fact is you never had this. An absolute right implies you bear whatever weapon you want. There have always been limitation on this in your lifetime. Have you ever had the right to own grenades, explosive missiles, fully automatic machine guns etc. and would you really want the general public running around with these things?

-"being able to have my own 22 rifle that I would take with me in the woods without it being ever considered a criminal a...

-"An absolute right to bear arms"

-"being able to have my own 22 rifle that I would take with me in the woods without it being ever considered a criminal activity"

I could be wrong here but I'm under the impression that advocates for proposed gun laws are not looking to take away weapons commonly used to hunt with, just weapons designed to kill people. If I'm wrong please let me know.

-"A belief that the little guy should be defedned from the rich and powerful, whether those were individuals, corporations or govenments"

This may be the truest thing you've said but maybe not with the idea you had in mind. The fact is that the wealth disparity in this country is beginning to get out of control. This is not due to the current administration but rather previous ones who let corporations outsource jobs and cut all kinds of corners to increase profits for CEOs, ultimately shrinking the middle class. The Obama administration would like to help the middle class thrive once again. They are not socialists but don't think "corporations are people" either.

Ultimately I think you're still living in the same America, you're just scared by shifting cultural trends. Your parents feared the same things in the 60s and 70s. You still have the right to decide what is best for your family and are given plenty of opportunity to support them.
  • Broken Tdub 2013/06/28 03:12:10
    Broken
    You are not going to change my mind. I don't know why you are trying. We have been taken over from within and this is nothing at all like a place I think is worth defending.
  • Tdub Broken 2013/06/28 03:30:47
    Tdub
    I'm trying because your give up attitude sucks. Also, I can't stand when people say things like "we have been taken over from within." This sounds more like you are being prejudice and or racist. I really think you are afraid of what you don't understand. But, if you really don't like this country anymore, why don't you move out of it?
  • Scrappyang 2013/05/13 17:26:29
    Yes I am
    Scrappyang
    +1
    My country right or wrong, my country! I'm always proud to be an American. I may not always be proud of the actions that those in power choose to do, but of my country, yes, I'm very proud of her and to be a descendant of some of the founders.
  • impiety 2013/05/04 06:40:28
    No I am not
    impiety
    +1
    In 1963 we were fighting segregation. I am ashamed we're still experiencing racism and bigotry in 2013. Instead of us being tolerant of other people we've learned to shut out everyone and rely on Christian values assuming everyone is Christian.
  • Scrappyang impiety 2013/05/13 17:29:31
    Scrappyang
    +1
    KeriLynn those things are actions. That is not what makes the country. The majority of the citizens are not racists nor intolerant. Please don't let the few make your opinion so negative. Judge for yourself!
  • Logan Brock 2013/04/27 01:04:34
    Yes I am
    Logan Brock
    +2
    I always have been and will be until the day i die
    America
    Captain America
  • Jeff 2013/04/22 02:29:46 (edited)
    Yes I am
    Jeff
    +2
    I'm proud to be a Constitutional American. I am ashamed and disgusted at the atrocities some of our leaders support both here and nationally.

I support past, present, and future American Soldiers, regardless if they served in war zones or not. Most of them just do as they're told. I hope they and Law Enforcement remember, when under extreme pressure, that they don't have to turn against their own and will support us in times of Martial Law here.
  • Musicismysaviour<3 2013/04/21 22:11:07
    Musicismysaviour<3
    +2
    I'm a canadian (:
  • Emotive Musicis... 2013/04/21 22:26:23
    Emotive
    +1
    Welcome :)
  • Jezzi 2013/04/21 17:12:26
    No I am not
    Jezzi
    +1
    Honestly...no.
  • Linnster 2013/04/20 22:36:25
    Yes I am
    Linnster
    +2
    There was never a time when I wasn't.
  • Constitution Believer 2013/04/20 21:29:47
  • yume' 2013/04/20 01:03:05
    yume'
    +2
    I am proud of this country,grateful for those who have fought and died to uphold our Constitution but ashamed of Obama as President,that goes double for the bald faced liar Hilary Clinton.
    what does it matter hilary clinton
    It matters to any real American.
  • 2manyLost 2013/04/19 22:07:15
    2manyLost
    +1
    Sometimes i'm not while other times i am....
  • Striker 2013/04/19 02:53:57
    No I am not
    Striker
    +3
    Once upon a time, yes. My country was stolen from us all, it's getting downright embarrassing to be an Amerikan.
    Yes I am
    +3
    Even though I know that my country exists no longer.
  • RevJim 2013/04/19 02:39:47
    Yes I am
    RevJim
    +3
    I always have been, always am, always will be proud to be an American, even when we have people in office trying to bring it down. I love my country, just don't love your government.
  • anonymous anonymous 2013/04/19 01:43:09
    anonymous anonymous
    +3
    Some days, others I don't even want to live on this planet any more.

2014/08/29 16:10:23