Are You Ready For Lab-grown genitals and spray-on skin? - Men's health | NBC News

Daryl 2012/09/12 04:19:35

MSNBC.MSN.COM reports:
Laboratories across the United States are working to literally make the blind see and the lame walk again. They’re  perfecting spray-on skin and to mass-produce new body parts using bioprinters based on the jet printers attached to your home computer.

skin mass-produce body parts bioprinters based jet printers attached home

Read More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48976348/ns/health-men...

• Muver 2012/09/12 04:34:50
    Agree
    Muver
    +3
    I think it is great that science can do this for the ones who need it most...Sadly, I hope it doesn't start showing up in plastic surgeon's offices, for people who don't really need it, just to re do themselves...or to redo a bad person, with a new face or something evil...
    But to help the blind see, if that can be done, what a miracle that would be...

• jere.chievres 2012/09/14 17:54:41
    Disagree
    jere.chievres
    I don't feel the need, maybe when I am 90 (if I make it).
    Agree
    +2
    What's most exciting ..
    is the use of this to help heal ..
    after battle wounds ..
    those who have suffered loss of hearing, ears, sight/vision ..
    the kind that is now permanent (no treatment available)

With the mention of the article in regeneration of damaged retinas ..
    this is especially exciting .. since there are both battle wounds to the eyes ..
    as well as degenerating processes/diseases that cause this (and the blindness is the result nowadays) ..
    it would be astounding to be able to regain some of what one lost due to injury/disease ...
    that nowadays has no treatment at all ...
  • TheBadOne 2012/09/12 19:59:53
  • 001 2012/09/12 13:39:01
    Agree
    001
    +2
    Finally! It's about time. This technology has been around for a while and I'm glad they're finally thinking about sharing it with the world. It will take a lot of pressure off the need for organ donors.
  • ☆Snapefangirl☆ 2012/09/12 05:53:43
    Disagree
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    +2
    Well not for me, but this sounds good for people who lost body parts.
  • Muver 2012/09/12 04:34:50
    Agree
    Muver
    +3
  • Jeff Smith 2012/09/12 04:34:32
    Disagree
    Jeff Smith
    +3
    I have to disagree only because I have a very sick mind and will shut up now
  • Unicorns vs Narwhals 2012/09/12 04:30:21 (edited)
    Agree
    Unicorns vs Narwhals
    +2
    Well I don't think this should be used to enhance what people already have, I think it would be best if it's just used to help victims.
  • Tamara McMillan 2012/09/12 04:26:46
    Agree
    Tamara McMillan
    +2
    Sure! If it works and is good as the original why not? Burn victims would love Spray-on Skin. . . better than Cadaver skin graffs!
  • Daryl 2012/09/12 04:19:53
    Disagree
    Daryl
    +1
    Don't need it. Mine are working fine.
  • jere.ch... Daryl 2012/09/14 17:56:03
    jere.chievres
    Ditto.

2014/07/24 23:14:42