Are you not speaking to a close friend or relative because of a feud? how long? do you regret it?

chris. 2012/08/11 23:11:13
yes, the drama is ongoing
no, life is too short
this happens around me a lot and i HATE it
i dont want to talk about it!
once, then i learned my lesson
have you ever let things get out of hand and battled with someone close to you and then refused to speak to or see them for weeks, months, years? has someone done this to you? would you bury the hatchet first? has one of you tried to reconcile and the other refuses? do you secretly regret it but wont make the first move? have you checked up on them without their knowledge? does this happen to ppl you know and youre caught in the middle? i think ive done all of the above, And as i get older, i try to fix my stupid screwups. but when i was under 30--NO WAY..stubborn as hell.

• virginiakarsli 2013/01/19 20:59:06
    no, life is too short
    virginiakarsli
    Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind!
  • Nu Joisey 2012/08/12 17:22:59
    yes, the drama is ongoing
    Nu Joisey
    I unfortunately haven't spoke to my late father's girlfriend the last two years after we got into a falling out. The bridge was essentially burned between her and I so I very much doubt I'll talk to her again. :(
  • CatyaSho 2012/08/12 15:32:04
    yes, the drama is ongoing
    CatyaSho
    My mothers parents. We haven't spoken for about 7 years now.

Why?
    Long story short: they are pretty right wing and my grandfather doesn't like foreigners or gay people or anyone who disagrees with his views (my grandmother just agrees with whatever he says).
    Since almost all of my friends are foreigners, I am pretty much left wing in my political opinion and I'm also gay and I won't just let people bash me or my friends, we argued almost all of the time when we ran into each other and when I got older I couldn't really get through to them anymore. I was very goth at that time too, which never ceased to cause more arguments.
    So I just went one day "If you don't accept me the way I am we just can't see each other anymore."

Yes, I do regret it, sometimes. They can't see how I've turned out. They're not part of my life anymore and if I ever get married they won't be there because they oppose gay marriage.

But then I tell myself if they don't love me the way I am, they're just not worth my time.
    If they ever came to me and told me they thought about it and want me back in their life and I can see they've changed, I'd consider talking to them again.
  • Níl mé leat 2012/08/12 07:15:44
    yes, the drama is ongoing
    Níl mé leat
    In three months it'll be one year that I have not spoken to my nina, cousin, and former best friend (may that manipulative whore rot in the bowels hell). All over a misunderstanding of a stupid Facebook page my family is now torn apart. It's ridiculous and I regret nothing because I did/said nothing wrong (that back stabbing home-wrecking bitch on the other hand...she knows she was wrong and refuses to admit it and apologize).
  • Yoru 2012/08/12 01:40:52
    yes, the drama is ongoing
    Yoru
    +1
    they disappoint me.
  • I am not real 2012/08/11 23:50:18
    I am not real
    +1
    My sister was very abusive in my home while I was away at sea, when I came home and found out about it I confronted her but managed to refrain from assaulting her, that would be around 30 years ago and I dont give a rats ass about it :)
  • chris. 2012/08/11 23:15:08
    chris.
    this is forever going on somewhere in my extended family, other places too...no likey arms crossed homer  mad
  • Ani 2012/08/11 23:14:29
    yes, the drama is ongoing
    Ani
    +1
    when 1 day passed i started feeling guilt from Inside
  • NPC 2012/08/11 23:13:40
    i dont want to talk about it!
    NPC
    +1
    It has always been when they lied to me or when they decided to not live up to their obligations. Also, of course, about $$$$$$$
  • moomoof 2012/08/11 23:12:38
    moomoof
    +2
    Thats all my family is about secrets and backstabings and lies
    All i can do is watch it burn baby burn
  • chris. moomoof 2012/08/11 23:17:28
    chris.
    +1
    yer crackin me up, and i apologize cuz it feels wrong to laugh, but jeeeeez mine too eye roll
  • moomoof chris. 2012/08/11 23:19:08
    moomoof
    +1
    You just have to XD laughing also helps with the stupidity

2014/11/27 22:00:47