Are you for or against gay marriage?

Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate 2012/05/02 16:29:59
for
against
other / Don't care
Please respect me and who ever respond to this question. Any foul language that is posted will be reported by me, but I will not be responsible for someone else reporting. If you have consene what word I will allow or not allow. E-mail through Sodahead.

• LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/05/02 16:41:24 (edited)
    against
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +15
    Thomas I hope that you understand this, you cannot make Christianity whatever you want it to be. All people are sinners that is a fact. So I'm not going to judge against gayness because I myself am not perfect. HOWEVER, it is two VERY different things to be able to accept a sinner as they are, in your case homosexual, and to advocate. A Christian should love all their brothers and sisters in Christ, and accept them, however that does NOT mean they should advocate what they do. Whether you like it or not, homosexuality is a SIN and it is NOT something that should be advocated EVER. Sin should not be advocated no matter what the sin is, there are no exceptions. So I myself stand firmly that gay marriage is wrong.

*edit*

I am editing my answer to offer a little more perspective of my feelings on marriage in general.

Now I'll come at this from another angle. I believe that the issue of marriage should be something free of the state, the law should not be involved. Government has no place in marriage. This may seem strange to you or hard to understand because of my previous statements, but nonetheless I believe the state has no business in marriage, marriage should be something independent of the state. NOW if marriage were independent of the state, who and/or what got married would ...

*edit*

Now I'll come at this from another angle. I believe that the issue of marriage should be something free of the state, the law should not be involved. Government has no place in marriage. This may seem strange to you or hard to understand because of my previous statements, but nonetheless I believe the state has no business in marriage, marriage should be something independent of the state. NOW if marriage were independent of the state, who and/or what got married would be up to the individual's discretion, and people like myself would have no say in who or what would be able to get married. Under these circumstances a gay or lesbian couple could be married no problem.

SO if gays TRULY want to be free to do as they please the LESS government is the answer, NOT more government.

Once again I realize it may be difficult to understand that I feel that way on the issue, that on one side I am against gay marriage, but on the other I say it would not be up to my discretion. What I'm trying to say that as long as it is a state's issue, I would vote against it if it came to that, because I believe it is wrong. But at the same time, marriage should NOT be a states issue. If it was not a state's issue, it would not be up to my discretion.

• Wolfman TheHush... 2012/05/13 00:17:26
    Wolfman
    It is by definition. Otherwise, it is without purpose.
  • TheHush... Wolfman 2012/05/13 04:19:38
    TheHushedScreamer
    No. Marriage has various meanings. One of them is "the union of love between two persons".
    Why is it without purpose?
  • Wolfman TheHush... 2012/05/13 12:59:11
    Wolfman
    No, marriage is between a man and a woman. What would be the purpose of a "gay marriage"?
  • TheHush... Wolfman 2012/05/13 20:31:57
    TheHushedScreamer
    Maybe for you. There are other definitions, as I mentioned before.
    Um, the purpose of ALL marriage is to join two persons in love for etenity.
  • Wolfman TheHush... 2012/05/15 15:29:32
    Wolfman
    Only a man and a woman.
  • TheHush... Wolfman 2012/05/15 21:43:39
    TheHushedScreamer
    Tell me where it says that. Mention every single place in which it is clearly written that marriage is specifically only between a man and a woman.
  • Wolfman TheHush... 2012/05/16 04:59:22
    Wolfman
    What is "it"?
  • TheHush... Wolfman 2012/05/16 23:08:10
    TheHushedScreamer
    "It" doesn't represent or replace any word, specifically, in this case. The type of "it" I used was what's known as the "dummy it". The "dummy it" can refer to time, or to the weather, or to something unspecific.
    Now, why don't you stop procrastinating and answer me?
  • Wolfman TheHush... 2012/05/17 04:41:30 (edited)
    Wolfman
    The time or the weather doesn't define marriage. I would be glad to answer your question if I knew WTF you are going on about.

I just checked your profile and I now understand that I am dealing with a child. Forget "it".
  • TheHush... Wolfman 2012/05/17 17:17:51
    TheHushedScreamer
    I'm sorry, but are you stupid or do you just like to act?

First of all, I never said the time or weather defined marriage. I said that the"dummy it" could refer to time, weather OR something UNSPECIFIC, which sustains what I stated before that, which was that the word it did not represent or replace any word in the way I used it, but that it didn't represent anything in specific.

Second, I asked you to tell me where it said that marriage is between a man and a woman only, and you never answered that. It was very clear, yet you focused on the word "it" because it seems you didn't know what to reply.

Huh, that's funny, and ironic. I may be a child but I hold much better arguments, and apparently know much more.

Also, I may be a child, but at least I know how to directly answer questions and demands. I also know the different uses of the word "it." I know how to sustain my own opinions with facts and bases.
    You don't do any of the above, it seems. If I were you I wouldn't judge others for their age. Sometimes, they can surprise you.
  • Wolfman TheHush... 2012/05/17 17:28:49
    Wolfman
    Do your homework. Don't stay up late. Pay attention in class.
  • TheHush... Wolfman 2012/05/17 18:16:30
    TheHushedScreamer
    You say that because you don't know what to say, what to reply. You just proved how pathetic you are, honestly.
    If you can't answer a simple question made by a "child", then how are you going to face the real world with the big boys, huh?
  • Wolfman TheHush... 2012/05/17 18:52:29
    Wolfman
    I face it every day. That's what adults do.
  • TheHush... Wolfman 2012/05/17 19:54:25
    TheHushedScreamer
    Exactly. But adults are also supposed to be more mature and mentally developed thaan children and teenagers, and you're proving otherwise.
  • Wolfman TheHush... 2012/07/12 05:18:24
    Wolfman
    Uh-huh
  • Elizabeth Wolfman 2012/07/12 05:13:49
    Elizabeth
    YOU'VE GOT IT WROOOOOONG!!!!!!! Man x woman + all the time = WRONG!!! Sorry....
  • Wolfman Elizabeth 2012/07/12 05:17:38
    Wolfman
    That's it?
  • Elizabeth Wolfman 2012/07/12 05:18:26
    Elizabeth
    I just think its wrong.
  • Wolfman Elizabeth 2012/07/12 05:41:10
    Wolfman
    Okay. This is an opinion website.
  • Elizabeth Wolfman 2012/07/12 10:52:15
    Elizabeth
    Yah.
  • Wolfman Elizabeth 2012/07/12 17:58:58
    Wolfman
    But I disagree with you. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
  • wrwheelerjr 2012/05/03 17:49:12
    against
    wrwheelerjr
    +3
    This is a good one. I love freedom and all that it allows for. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. We must all stand for what is right by us and maybe we will change the minds of more and more people. In this we find the true meaning of the Pursuit of happiness. If gay people wish to marry they must put the work in, really go through what Black people went through for freedom, attacked by dogs, arrested, beat by the police,sprayed with firehose you know the story. Anyway freedom says work hard and reap the rewards and/or suffer the consequences. I support your right to fight for the world you want to live in, this is the American way. Power to the people.
  • Thomas ... wrwheel... 2012/05/03 18:42:12
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    I respect your answer and love how you word it.
  • MDMA wrwheel... 2012/05/03 20:15:19
    MDMA
    +2
    so you are saying if Gay people get beat up and attacked by dogs, then you would be for it?
  • peaches wrwheel... 2012/05/04 00:13:19
    peaches
    +1
    But did most straight people get attacked by dogs, arrested, beat by the police, and spray, etc in order to gain the right to marry? I don't think so...
  • wrwheel... peaches 2012/05/04 11:04:04
    wrwheelerjr
    no, but they were not struggling for change. Women fought long and hard for voting and property rights. Native Americans are still oppressed, that is a fight long over due. There is a lot of change coming... nothing ever stays the same.
  • peaches wrwheel... 2012/05/04 20:27:12
    peaches
    +1
    Yeah, because they didn't have to struggle for change. That privilege was handed to them. So, they get to enjoy the benefits of marriage when others apparently need to endure years of struggle and pain to gain that? Where is the justice of that?
    I do agree that there is a lot of change and that it naturally happens, and that sometimes you must fight that hard for it... but when it is not necessary, why make it necessary to suffer in order to change something just because it was necessary in a different situation?
  • wrwheel... peaches 2012/05/05 15:50:41
    wrwheelerjr
    +1
    Because people are not perfect the struggle is necessary. By the way I really enjoyed your exchange with Treyman. This is not the best place for it but these are the conversations that we should have a lot more of.
  • peaches wrwheel... 2012/05/05 18:27:49
    peaches
    This is true. Thank you, I agree (:
  • Adrian ... wrwheel... 2012/06/16 14:09:34
    Adrian Buckley
    This is a stupid answer! People shouldn't have to fight to be happy. What women went through and what as you put it, black people, all of that should not have happened. They should not have had to fight so hard to have the right to freedom.
  • wrwheel... Adrian ... 2012/06/20 04:38:02
    wrwheelerjr
    Shut up. People have always had to fight to be happy, fight to change minds, fight to be free, fight for justice, peace, equality, you name it. Your statement is stupid," people shouldn't have to fight to be happy" has no connection with reality.
  • Adrian ... wrwheel... 2012/07/24 22:52:30
    Adrian Buckley
    No you shut up! Your the idiot. Fighting for Justice, Peace, freedom adn so on are completely different. No one should have to fight to be themselves, NO ONE! If Gay people want to marry whats the big deal? There not hurting anyone or going to to cause anyone great pain. Your whole statement on black people is even more stupid because it should never have happened in the first place. But at the end of the day your just another stupid american with no real vision of the world as a whole.
  • wrwheel... Adrian ... 2012/07/28 05:59:13
    wrwheelerjr
    The big deal is they have to change the laws, and to do that they have to change minds. What matters is where you are now and how to get where you want to be, not what should have happened or should not have happened. This is reality not Disney. If you want to chang the world and make things different you have to fight. If you dont understand that, Im talking to a brick. Anyway this conversation is beyond circular and boring so please don't reply. I will not.
  • Aksana 2012/05/03 17:30:48
  • Yosyp Aksana 2012/05/03 17:38:34
    Yosyp
    +3
    me too
  • Cricket 2012/05/03 15:39:30
    against
    Cricket
    +3
    I'm against it but I leave people alone who participate in it. It's none of my business. I just don't want anyone trying to conform me into believing it's acceptable because it's not to me and I "ain't" changing my mind ever.
  • Thomas ... Cricket 2012/05/03 17:17:02
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +2
    An answer that I can respect.
  • Cricket Thomas ... 2012/05/03 17:30:55
    Cricket
    +2
    Why thank you!
  • R. Zeke... Cricket 2012/05/03 22:24:32
    R. Zeke Fread
    +2
    Cricket, I also respect your being honest where ya'll stand on this issue, without the need to be mean-spirted or nasty to those who support it. Take Good Care Z
  • Cricket R. Zeke... 2012/05/03 22:59:27
    Cricket
    +2
    I appreciate it. I do try to be fair. You take care as well.

2014/09/30 21:59:58