Are you for or against gay marriage?

Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate 2012/05/02 16:29:59
for
against
other / Don't care
Please respect me and who ever respond to this question. Any foul language that is posted will be reported by me, but I will not be responsible for someone else reporting. If you have consene what word I will allow or not allow. E-mail through Sodahead.

• LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/05/02 16:41:24 (edited)
    against
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +15
    Thomas I hope that you understand this, you cannot make Christianity whatever you want it to be. All people are sinners that is a fact. So I'm not going to judge against gayness because I myself am not perfect. HOWEVER, it is two VERY different things to be able to accept a sinner as they are, in your case homosexual, and to advocate. A Christian should love all their brothers and sisters in Christ, and accept them, however that does NOT mean they should advocate what they do. Whether you like it or not, homosexuality is a SIN and it is NOT something that should be advocated EVER. Sin should not be advocated no matter what the sin is, there are no exceptions. So I myself stand firmly that gay marriage is wrong.

*edit*

I am editing my answer to offer a little more perspective of my feelings on marriage in general.

Now I'll come at this from another angle. I believe that the issue of marriage should be something free of the state, the law should not be involved. Government has no place in marriage. This may seem strange to you or hard to understand because of my previous statements, but nonetheless I believe the state has no business in marriage, marriage should be something independent of the state. NOW if marriage were independent of the state, who and/or what got married would ...

*edit*

Now I'll come at this from another angle. I believe that the issue of marriage should be something free of the state, the law should not be involved. Government has no place in marriage. This may seem strange to you or hard to understand because of my previous statements, but nonetheless I believe the state has no business in marriage, marriage should be something independent of the state. NOW if marriage were independent of the state, who and/or what got married would be up to the individual's discretion, and people like myself would have no say in who or what would be able to get married. Under these circumstances a gay or lesbian couple could be married no problem.

SO if gays TRULY want to be free to do as they please the LESS government is the answer, NOT more government.

Once again I realize it may be difficult to understand that I feel that way on the issue, that on one side I am against gay marriage, but on the other I say it would not be up to my discretion. What I'm trying to say that as long as it is a state's issue, I would vote against it if it came to that, because I believe it is wrong. But at the same time, marriage should NOT be a states issue. If it was not a state's issue, it would not be up to my discretion.

• None 2012/05/02 17:46:48
    other / Don't care
    None
    +4
    I thing gov. should get out of the marriage business.
  • benjamin beggs 2012/05/02 17:31:39
    for
    benjamin beggs
    +7
    heres what i say if you don't like gay marrage don't get gay married
  • Thomas ... benjami... 2012/05/02 17:36:04
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +2
    So true.
  • Rammstein 2012/05/02 17:29:40
    for
    Rammstein
    +7
    no one should stop you from being with the one you love
  • Thomas ... Rammstein 2012/05/02 17:36:23
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    good answer.
  • Tomus Megalomania 2012/05/02 17:23:36
    for
    Tomus Megalomania
    +3
    I used to be against it, but now I am for it.
  • Thomas ... Tomus M... 2012/05/02 17:28:45
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +2
    What change your mind on it?
  • Tomus M... Thomas ... 2012/05/02 17:57:08
    Tomus Megalomania
    +2
    Thinking the matter through.

We begin the debate with two major problems. First, gays are being treated like second class citizens in this country and should not be. Second, the state does not have and should not have any jurisdiction over religious ritual, doctrine, or bias. How can we ensure equal rights for gays while protecting religious freedom?

Well, I originally thought that marriage was an activity that should be confined to the religious sector. Whatever religious rituals a church wants to go through should not be interfered upon by the state (within certain limits). Likewise, I figured the churches had no business influencing the state, namely, by pressuring it to endorse certain rituals, doctrine, and bias over others. The reality is that heterosexual couples get benefits and rights that same sex couples don’t, even when they are married by the same church. This is because the church HAS indoctrinated the state to an extent, and the state plays along, cherry picking which ancient rituals it wants to endorse, and which rituals it will not tolerate.

Here is the solution. Let the churches to do whatever they want regarding marrying people, and let the state do what it wants regarding recognizing these unions. The churches can justifiably do this on the basis of religious...

Thinking the matter through.

Here is the solution. Let the churches to do whatever they want regarding marrying people, and let the state do what it wants regarding recognizing these unions. The churches can justifiably do this on the basis of religious freedom. The state can justifiably do this on the basis of civil rights and encouraging healthy civil behavior. The only people who lose are those that want to violate the separation of church and state. And they should lose.

Saying that the government should just keep its hands off the matter is unrealistic and no solution.
  • peaches Tomus M... 2012/05/02 20:18:31
    peaches
    +2
    Logical, I like it (:
  • Tomus M... peaches 2012/05/02 23:23:29
    Tomus Megalomania
    +2
    I'm glad : )
  • Thomas ... Tomus M... 2012/05/03 17:56:42
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    Thank you for responding to my questions.
  • Tomus M... Thomas ... 2012/05/03 22:59:58
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    My pleasure!
  • Jannis 2012/05/02 17:17:58
    other / Don't care
    Jannis
    +2
    I have no problem if its allowed,i cant see it hurting anyone but it isnt a subject that i focus on.
  • Thomas ... Jannis 2012/05/02 17:21:43
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    Good answer.
  • Dagon 2012/05/02 17:17:43
  • Thomas ... Dagon 2012/05/02 17:22:30
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    How many women?
  • Dagon Thomas ... 2012/05/02 18:34:03
  • TheHush... Dagon 2012/05/02 20:37:41
    TheHushedScreamer
    +2
    Are you for real? That's an opinion most likely thought up by male chauvinists.
  • Dagon TheHush... 2012/05/02 21:02:17
  • TheHush... Dagon 2012/05/02 23:21:03
    TheHushedScreamer
    +3
    Oh. Sorry. It didn't seem like it. That's why I asked at first, "Are you for real?".
    Again, I apologize.
  • Dagon TheHush... 2012/05/03 00:36:23
  • Anonymo... Dagon 2012/05/02 19:11:02
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    I swear you were a Libertarian a month or so ago...
  • Dagon Anonymo... 2012/05/02 19:27:56
  • Anonymo... Dagon 2012/05/02 20:37:51
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Indeed, are you sure you don't just oppose popular views? :P.
  • Dagon Anonymo... 2012/05/02 21:04:12
  • Mrs Rec... Dagon 2012/05/02 20:30:24
    Mrs Reckless
    +1
    And women marry men, so why can't mem marry men and women marry women?
  • Dagon Mrs Rec... 2012/05/02 21:05:54
  • Mrs Rec... Dagon 2012/05/02 21:31:59
    Mrs Reckless
    +3
    There's this thing called adoption? Your right nature made us different for a reason, so why do you not think there is a reason for someone being gay? And for one thing, lesbians like vaginas, not penis's, so I have no idea why they would want to a penis, and the same for guys, gay guys obviously like penis and not vagina..learn to use the words by now -.-
  • Dagon Mrs Rec... 2012/05/02 21:35:41
  • rocat Dagon 2012/05/02 23:17:09
  • Tomus M... Dagon 2012/05/02 23:30:06
    Tomus Megalomania
    +2
    Don't you have any other skill than making irrelevant, personal attacks on a teenager?

Your argument is pathetic. You should be ashamed.
  • Dagon Tomus M... 2012/05/03 00:43:31
  • Tomus M... Dagon 2012/05/03 01:30:28
    Tomus Megalomania
    I make no judgment regarding your character, only regarding your actions. There's a difference. You disparaged her character and wrote her off as irrelevant. Don't deny it.
  • Dagon Tomus M... 2012/05/03 01:50:31
  • Tomus M... Dagon 2012/05/03 04:46:32
    Tomus Megalomania
    Denial. Okay.
  • Mrs Rec... Dagon 2012/05/03 06:22:39
    Mrs Reckless
    +3
    Woah, for one thing you have no idea how much life experience Iv had, so don't say I can't have a valid oppinion because I'm only 14, that is something I HATE. and I do like boys, I'm not bisexual or lesbian, what even gave you idea?? And another thing, being gay is NOT a phase, it's not something you grow in or out of
  • Dagon Mrs Rec... 2012/05/03 14:05:44
  • Mrs Rec... Dagon 2012/05/03 16:17:27
    Mrs Reckless
    +2
    So do you
  • Thomas ... Dagon 2012/05/03 18:03:22
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    yet you have not meet her face to face. So how do you know its a phase. I ask my friends who are not straight. They told me the knew before the was 14 years old.
  • Dagon Thomas ... 2012/05/03 18:22:49

2014/07/26 03:17:04