Are you for or against gay marriage?

Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate 2012/05/02 16:29:59
for
against
other / Don't care
Please respect me and who ever respond to this question. Any foul language that is posted will be reported by me, but I will not be responsible for someone else reporting. If you have consene what word I will allow or not allow. E-mail through Sodahead.

• LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/05/02 16:41:24 (edited)
    against
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +15
    Thomas I hope that you understand this, you cannot make Christianity whatever you want it to be. All people are sinners that is a fact. So I'm not going to judge against gayness because I myself am not perfect. HOWEVER, it is two VERY different things to be able to accept a sinner as they are, in your case homosexual, and to advocate. A Christian should love all their brothers and sisters in Christ, and accept them, however that does NOT mean they should advocate what they do. Whether you like it or not, homosexuality is a SIN and it is NOT something that should be advocated EVER. Sin should not be advocated no matter what the sin is, there are no exceptions. So I myself stand firmly that gay marriage is wrong.

*edit*

I am editing my answer to offer a little more perspective of my feelings on marriage in general.

Now I'll come at this from another angle. I believe that the issue of marriage should be something free of the state, the law should not be involved. Government has no place in marriage. This may seem strange to you or hard to understand because of my previous statements, but nonetheless I believe the state has no business in marriage, marriage should be something independent of the state. NOW if marriage were independent of the state, who and/or what got married would ...

*edit*

Now I'll come at this from another angle. I believe that the issue of marriage should be something free of the state, the law should not be involved. Government has no place in marriage. This may seem strange to you or hard to understand because of my previous statements, but nonetheless I believe the state has no business in marriage, marriage should be something independent of the state. NOW if marriage were independent of the state, who and/or what got married would be up to the individual's discretion, and people like myself would have no say in who or what would be able to get married. Under these circumstances a gay or lesbian couple could be married no problem.

SO if gays TRULY want to be free to do as they please the LESS government is the answer, NOT more government.

Once again I realize it may be difficult to understand that I feel that way on the issue, that on one side I am against gay marriage, but on the other I say it would not be up to my discretion. What I'm trying to say that as long as it is a state's issue, I would vote against it if it came to that, because I believe it is wrong. But at the same time, marriage should NOT be a states issue. If it was not a state's issue, it would not be up to my discretion.

• peaches 2012/05/02 20:14:54
    for
    peaches
    +5
    I believe that marriage is about love, not gender or religion.
    Funny, I was just reading a poster in my World Cultures classroom earlier today that listed human rights by the General Assembly. One of them claimed that men and women have the right to a consentual marriage and to have a family. Absolutely nothing was said about it having to be heterosexual relationship, just consentual. If this is the case, what is the problem with two gay people confirming their commitment and love for each other? I personally don't see a problem with it whatsoever.
  • Gracie ... peaches 2012/05/03 02:44:45
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    This is why children are being homeschooled. You've been completely and utterly indoctrinated and you don't even know it.
  • peaches Gracie ... 2012/05/03 02:58:22 (edited)
    peaches
    +6
    You're going to blame my personal opinions and beliefs on the fact that I go to a public school? You're hilarious. The poster I saw was fact from a document written by the General Assembly. The school didn't thrust this belief at me.
    The school I go to, in no way, directly affected my morals, my religious views, my opinions, or my interpretations. No one came up to be and said, this is what you should believe because it is right. If you wanna talk brainwashing, go point your finger at North Korea, not an American public school. Ignorance.
  • Gracie ... peaches 2012/05/03 03:12:42
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    I seriously question the sudden onset of bisexuality. Did women suddenly go from being heterosexual to being bisexual? I think it's a fad. You wouldn't even know if you were brainwashed. Why are there posters from the General Assembly in your classroom?
  • LAAD Gu... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 17:33:07
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +4
    I absolutely agree with you on that.
  • Thomas ... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 17:37:22
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +4
    Being bisexual is not a fad, but a way a preson love. Love is not black and white, but in color
  • Mel the... Thomas ... 2012/05/03 20:50:19 (edited)
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    Question? Should someone be allowed to marry his or her Cat or Dog? Some people love they’re pets?
  • peaches Mel the... 2012/05/04 20:35:42
    peaches
    +1
    Marriage is concentual. An animal cannot give consent. Another adult can give consent, however. So that whole pet argument is invalid. And basically has nothing to do with his point that love isn't black and white, love and marriage aren't the quite same thing. You can certainly love your pet.
  • Mel the... peaches 2012/05/05 13:17:56
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    You are avoiding the issue!
  • peaches Mel the... 2012/05/05 18:30:27
    peaches
    How am I avoiding it? It isn't even an issue yet! If gay marriage somehow makes pet marriage an issue, then that issue can be address when it is necessary. But as of now, it is not. And everything I said in my last comment justifies why marrying your pet cannot be allowed.
  • Mel the... peaches 2012/05/05 20:53:09
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    What if I decide to Marry my Car?
  • peaches Mel the... 2012/05/06 02:51:08
    peaches
    +1
    Same thing I said before, you can love your car, but marriage is CONSENTUAL. Two consentual humans may marry, but you may not marry an inanimate object or an animal without it's consent, and obviously those things cannot give consent. I have no idea why that is so hard to understand...
  • Thomas ... Mel the... 2012/05/05 15:22:52
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    What you want to marry your pet?
  • Gracie ... Thomas ... 2012/05/03 20:54:52
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Oh, it's a fad. I'm saying there are drugs involved in your description of love.
  • Mel the... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 20:46:58
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +2
    You are correct..Some I think are just trying to get attention
  • peaches Mel the... 2012/05/03 23:59:49
  • peaches Gracie ... 2012/05/03 23:58:21
  • Gracie ... peaches 2012/05/04 00:55:02
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    I think time will tell if it's a passing fancy or a lifelong sexual preference.
  • peaches Gracie ... 2012/05/04 02:44:36
    peaches
    +1
    Time and experience of course. That doesn't mean that all bisexuals aren't "real" and will change to either straight or gay, however. Which some people believe happens.
  • ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠ 2012/05/02 20:14:47
    other / Don't care
    ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠
    +2
    Apathetic.
  • Kane Fernau 2012/05/02 20:13:46
    against
    Kane Fernau
    +4
    I'm not against Civil unions.
  • Thomas ... Kane Fe... 2012/05/03 17:38:59
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    Then you should get a Civil Union.
  • Kane Fe... Thomas ... 2012/05/03 20:19:48
    Kane Fernau
    +3
    Why? I'm not looking to change the laws to accomodate my lifestyle.
  • Thomas ... Kane Fe... 2012/05/04 16:13:41
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    But straight people change how marriage is run with divorce.
  • Kane Fe... Thomas ... 2012/05/04 16:22:04
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    People make mistakes. I forgive them.
  • Thomas ... Kane Fe... 2012/05/05 15:30:02
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    Did you know that Jesus is against divorce, but Christians don't follow that part of the bible. Why do people break a marriage vows when Jesus is against.
  • Kane Fe... Thomas ... 2012/05/06 03:57:50
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    I'm against divorce, but people are sinners.
  • The Impossible Girl ✿ 2012/05/02 20:07:05
    for
    The Impossible Girl ✿
    +5
    Love is love :3
    Two consenting ADULTS, who are in love, should have the right to get married, regardless of gender.
  • Gracie ... The Imp... 2012/05/03 02:45:05
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    Why just two?
  • The Imp... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 02:49:00
    The Impossible Girl ✿
    I know, right?
    If only that could be changed too..
    I would love for polygamy to be legal..
    My mom's poly :3
  • Gracie ... The Imp... 2012/05/03 02:51:53
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    That's not marriage, that's a commune with the free love of the 60's.
  • The Imp... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 02:59:47
    The Impossible Girl ✿
    +2
    It should be.
    The official definition of marriage may mean two people of opposite genders, but guess what..
    Same-sex marriage is legal in some places.
    And if you don't like that the word marriage is being used to describe the union of two gays, come up with a new word.

Nope.
    I was not raised in the 60s, but are you referring to the swingers? 'Cause polyamory is not like that. It's based off of love, not sex.
    Marriage should be with the people you love. Whether it's one person, or three, whether they are male or female, of any race, religion, skin colour, etc.

Love is love, it works in mysterious ways.
    But that's the way it is.
    So deal with it.

Who are you to say that two people in love don't deserve the right to be united? Hmm?
    Civil unions aren't enough.. They don't give everyone fair and equal rights.
    It SHOULD be considered normal.

I can't believe for a second I thought you were one of the open-minded people.
  • Gracie ... The Imp... 2012/05/03 03:13:55
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    They don't want another "word", they must have marriage. I'm for civil unions with all the same rights and privileges but they don't want it....they need marriage and they need to be considered normal.

The only people that will win from gay marriage are lawyers.
  • The Imp... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 03:28:43
    The Impossible Girl ✿
    +2
    If the civil unions at least had that, I would be a bit more relaxed on the issue.
    But it doesn't.
    And LGBT people are human, just like hetero people.
    Technically, no one is normal.
    But we want to be treated like hetero people.
    Not like second class citizens.
    And we especially don't like that our sexually defines who we are in so many cases.
  • Gracie ... The Imp... 2012/05/03 20:59:11
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    How does marriage change anything? It's not because you believe that God believes you should marry before sex. Are people who aren't married second class citizens? Your sexuality only defines who you are to others if you advertise what it is. I personally don't understand why someone has to announce their sexuality on their car bumpers. I think it's weird.
  • The Imp... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 21:21:21
    The Impossible Girl ✿
    I'm not referring to religion in any way.

No, LGBT people are treated as such.. We aren't even allowed to marry!

No, not true, never should be true. People are so goddamn judgemental. I'm bisexual, that doesn't change who I am. I am still me, nerdy, random, silly, ME.
    I should not be known as "some bi girl", I should be known as Emilie.

They have pride in who they are.
    For what they've overcome to get to the place they're in now.

Do me a favour, just watch the video and make sure you understand the lyrics.
  • LAAD Gu... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 17:38:21
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +4
    Absolutely agree with you Gracie. The homosexual need for marriage ISN'T about "marriage" persay, it's about being normal and they want to force everyone to consent to what they are doing is normal not different.
  • Gracie ... LAAD Gu... 2012/05/03 20:57:08
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    It's absolutely what they want. Funny how times change from my era where it was so old-fashioned to get married and everyone wanted to live together. Now, because someone can't have something, they suddenly crave it. I think it would be nothing more than a boon for the lawyers.
  • Thomas ... Gracie ... 2012/05/03 17:42:49
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    did you for get to read the bible? there is a place when males had more the one wife. I on the other hand. I don't approve polygamy, but I respect her beliefs.
  • Mel the... Thomas ... 2012/05/03 20:51:45
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I don't approve polygamy. Why Not????

2014/07/29 00:52:44