Are You Against Gay Discrimination?

Foxhound BN0 2011/12/03 10:53:01
Yes! I am against gay discrimination! Gay people should not discriminate against others!
No! I am not against gay discrimination! Gay people have the right to discriminate against anyone they want to!
I saw an article the other day where some guys were suing a ball team for kicking them off the team for not being gay. They settled, but it bothers me that people think it's okay to discriminate against people because of their sexuality. Is there a straight only league? I doubt it. Someone would say it's discrimination, and they would be right. Why do some people who are gay think it's okay to discriminate against others and keep them out, all while asking for equal treatment by others? Are you against gay discrimination?

I can't help the way I was born. Please don't discriminate. Straight people like to play ball too.
heterosexual and proud

• Tunnel Vision 2011/12/03 18:50:15
    Yes! I am against gay discrimination! Gay people should not discriminate agai...
    Tunnel Vision
    +10
    These choices suck, btw. I am curious as to why my comment was 404'd? The person I replied to is full of hate and venom and I am not allowed to reply?
    discrimination is not

• Vision of Verve 2012/05/09 21:02:26
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2011/12/21 23:03:12
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Are they kidding with this? Of course gay people shouldn't discriminate against others. But so long as the team is not government sanctioned they can play with anyone they want. (Churches do not have to allow anyone into their congregations, the Irish do not have allow gays to march in their parades, and the Boy Scouts would have been allowed to bar anyone they chose were it not for the funding issues.) As to the question "Is there a straight only league?" It's interesting that those with the most rights and a list of privileges they take for granted,are also the ones who scream the loudest the first time they encounter any discrimination. Where was the outrage when others were turned down for employment because of who they are, or denied the right to marry, or risked physical harm by holding hands in public. Is discrimination only wrong when it happens to you?
  • ShyCuteArtist 2011/12/20 06:00:58
    ShyCuteArtist
    +1
    dont discriminate, peace to all, have a nice day :)
  • marcie 2011/12/15 15:48:51
    marcie
    +1
    There is too much hate in this world for things that are not the fault of anyone. We all need to accept people as they are who can't change the way they were born and stop all this racist and bias crap.
  • Songbird 2011/12/09 05:09:18
    Songbird
    +1
    I don't think anyone should be judged based on things that cant be changed.
  • bettyboop 2011/12/08 13:08:59
    bettyboop
    +1
    I do not think you should be judged by your skin color, your sexuality, your income bracket etc. It's not right, but it happens every day of the week. What is ironic about this particular situation is that forever homosexuals have been asking for equal rights and yet this is another fine example of "Do as I say, not as I do"...........
  • Dawn Jacquelyn 2011/12/08 07:59:53
    Dawn Jacquelyn
    +1
    Gee, I hope I checked the right answer box! I am against ANY and ALL types of discrimination. I'm straight but am for gay rights. God made some people homosexual/bisexual and they should not be discriminated against - ever!
  • dick 2011/12/06 19:41:32
    dick
    +1
    Any kind of discrimination sucks people need to just learn a little tollerance and mind their own business!
  • KingdomNow 2011/12/06 11:51:50
    No! I am not against gay discrimination! Gay people have the right to discrim...
    KingdomNow
    +1
    It is my choice to reject anyone else's choice.
  • Andric Lucid 2011/12/06 06:18:59
    Andric Lucid
    +2
    It's totally immature and ignorant to discriminate others (specially when being gay means you probably get discriminated somewhere). It's nonsense, so yeah I'm against it, any kind of discrimination is just retarded
  • Reggie☮ 2011/12/06 01:20:34
    Reggie☮
    +3
    Today discrimination is taking a different turn. It's not always what it has been in the past.
  • Murph 2011/12/05 23:00:17 (edited)
    Murph
    +1
    I saw the article. They were kicked off the team because they weren't gay enough. They were bisexual and the team claimed it was for homos only. The part-timers threatened a lawsuit and the full-timers had to let everyone play. Now they have an LGBTLMNOP team, and I think they even have to let normal people play.
  • BreakingThrough 2011/12/05 21:33:59
    BreakingThrough
    +3
    Yes. Our school just recently started the GSA (gay-straight alliance) to stop dscrimination for any person no matter what their sexual preferences are. I believe that it is wrong to discriminate anyone for being who they are.
  • misterz 2011/12/05 16:54:42
    misterz
    +2
    Boy scouts? Enough said.
  • SundayStoleYourCookieDough 2011/12/05 15:57:07 (edited)
    SundayStoleYourCookieDough
    +4
    To be honest, with this whole gay rights thing, it'd be kinda stupid for a gay person to discriminate against sexuality. It's a bit hypocritical, no?
  • Yakov BN-0 2011/12/05 15:34:59
    Yakov BN-0
    +4
    lol, ironic
  • twhiting9275 2011/12/05 13:49:21
    twhiting9275
    +1
    hah!
    This is about as typical as it gets. No, really, JUST as typical as it gets from these people. They want it all, but hell no, they're not going to reciprocate when it comes time!
  • Changeling 2011/12/05 13:42:53
    Changeling
    +1
    I absolutely hate gay bashing, discrimination, etc. We have a guy where I work whom people have said, and I heard, has been turned down for jobs because and I quote from him, "you sound so gay". what employer could get away with that? he said once he wanted to go with his sister to a club. On arriving the bouncer said to him, "fag boy, this is a straight club"
  • Junior the Outer Space Musi... 2011/12/05 05:22:02
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +5
    I'm against ANY discrimination. Gay or otherwise
  • Bibliophilic 2011/12/05 05:13:06
    Bibliophilic
    +4
    The Boy Scouts and other private organizations can kick people out for being gay. What's wrong with an all gay team? I'd love to join an all lesbian team- it would be fun. It's also legal. I think that it would definitely be better to include straights, but they can choose to make it all gay if they want. It's none of my business.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/05 04:57:29
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    One way or the other, it should not be an issue. I am really sick of it.
    +2
    I heard about the incident you mention. It is about three years old if it is the same one I remember. My response to a simular posting then was ANY kind of discrimination is unacceptable.
  • thy-lady-x 2011/12/05 04:47:23
    thy-lady-x
    +3
    I don't think its right, but I would like to note that it isn't considered discrimination when its the minority doing the discriminating. There is no United Caucasian College Fund, or National Association for the Advancement of White People, those would be racist, but its perfectly alright for there to be a NAACP, and a United Negro College Fund.

Discrimination is wrong, no matter who is doing it to whom. Treat other as you want to be treated is a fairly standard concept, just worded a little differently, no matter your religion. And even if you aren't religious, its a good thing to live by regardless.
  • bettyboop thy-lady-x 2011/12/08 13:11:59
    bettyboop
    +2
    I totally agree with you on this.
  • atomikmom 2011/12/05 04:33:52
    atomikmom
    +1
    I loath people who are so mean to the Gay population, they are people who feel pain and emotions of happiness and sadness.
  • MJ 2011/12/05 04:24:06
    MJ
    +2
    I don't think anyone should discriminate against anyone!
  • FJ 2011/12/05 03:34:47
    FJ
    +2
    Well... Some straight guys do deserve to be discriminated for the hate they have caused, but since I believe hate should not be answered to with hate, I think that gay people who discriminate others are a bunch of hypocrites!
  • Yes! I am against gay discrimination! Gay people should not discriminate agai...
    Dark Demonic™ ★ The Original SodaHead Guru ★
    +7
    I support equality, not preferential treatment and that goes for all walks of life, regardless of sexuality, gender, age, race, religion or anything else being used to divide rather than unite.
  • Dave 2011/12/05 01:51:00
    Dave
    +1
    I discriminate... every time I tell my kids who they can hang out with or who they can't hang with... if I didn't, I would be a pretty poor father.

Yep, there are a lot of circumstances when discrimination is not only appropriate but down right necessary.

Now, having said that, if gays want to aids themselves out of existence by keeping to themselves, they should feel free.... in fact... I encourage it!
  • Doc 2011/12/04 20:48:27
    Doc
    +1
    It's part of human nature.
    If there was NO discrimination, then you would have to go out with anyone who asked you on a date.

Follow the logic to the conclusion.

Trying to control the thought process of people is like herding cats.
  • Doc Doc 2011/12/05 01:13:08
    Doc
    +1
    Of course, acting on those thoughts is wrong.
    :-)
  • ladyO 2011/12/04 18:49:28
    ladyO
    +1
    if anything they should know what it feels like to be discriminated against they shouldnt be discriminated against anyone
  • Imperfect*Love 2011/12/04 17:28:27
    Imperfect*Love
    +1
    his is just one story about a straight guy being discriminated against for being straight. now look up and see how many stories there are about people being discriminated against for being gay. all discrimination is wrong but lets be honest gays get it alot worse
  • GayButNowFree 2011/12/04 16:00:06
    GayButNowFree
    +2
    Actually, I'm quite discriminating when I'm looking for a new boyfriend.
  • Doc GayButN... 2011/12/04 20:49:06
    Doc
    +1
    Exactly! That's why trying to control it is wrong.
  • GayButN... Doc 2011/12/05 00:45:00
    GayButNowFree
    +1
    I'll try to be gentle, but sometimes the paucity of brain cells God awarded some people does amaze. "Discriminating" in its adjectival form means something akin to "having good taste". However, used as a gerund (that is a verb used as a noun), such as "I love discriminating against those disgusting homos" means something entirely different. I know you probably won't understand what I just wrote, but at least I tried.
  • Doc GayButN... 2011/12/05 01:01:18
    Doc
    +1
    What I mean, if you can understand it, is that trying to regulate a person's thought process is as wrong as a gerund without "ing". The best one can do is to try and educate a person and hope for the best. Forced acceptance is not a good thing.

I love it when pseudo-intellectuals try to sound more intelligent by making a thinkg more complicated than it is by using esoteric and uncommon words.
    A true intellectual makes things more simple and easier to understand.

On a side note, you didn't use a gerund in your example sentence, you used discriminating as a verb. The correct usage as a gerund would be, "I love to be discriminating when choosing a new boyfriend." In this case, discriminating is the direct object, and as such, is a noun.
    :-)
  • GayButN... Doc 2011/12/05 01:30:15
  • Doc GayButN... 2011/12/05 01:49:26
    Doc
    +1
    i'm no intellectual, never claimed to be one.

I got the joke, it was demeaning, but that's why I gave you the smiley face.

But in your sentence, you might be correct, Although I would diagram it differently, and maybe get it wrong. But I believe in your sentence it is a gerundial

I will endeavor to find out.

However, I'd like to think that we would both agree that discriminating would be a gerund used thusly, "Discriminating is the term we are talking about."

But apparently I got on your bad side for the crime of agreeing with you.
    My mistake, it won't happen again.

And what in the world gave you the idea that I'm a homophobe? I might be incorrect, but you sure keep bringing up "disgusting homos".

AS for me, I don't care who you say you are, I can only judge you by what you post.
  • Doc GayButN... 2011/12/05 21:32:30
    Doc
    +2
    According to my neighbor who is an english teacher, both of us are correct. However, I think she was just trying to save my fellings and my research indicates that you use of the word was indeed correct.
    I stand corrected, have learned something, and I thank you
    :-)

2014/10/21 07:21:58