Are you a doer of God's will or your own?

Ron–Born from Above 2010/03/30 20:22:27
Your not a Christian until the Cross has radically disrupted the very center, and stronghold of your life. and brought you from a life of commitment to serve self, whether it's religious self, moral self, proud self, covetous self or lustful self, It doesn't matter what are the focal points of the reign of your SELF. "If you've gone to the Cross in union with Christ it's been shattered!"

Allow me to quote Charles H. Spurgeon.
"Has Christ put away your sin? If he has, be as happy as the days are long in the sweet summertime, and be as bright as a garden in the month of June, and sing like angels, for you have more to sing about than angels have."

I will be joyful in that Day, when you stand before the judge of the world to have Him say "Come, Be Blessed!" It will be very daunting to be the others who will be saying Lord, Lord, Lord! I don't want Him to say to you "depart from Me, I never knew you you worker of iniquity," you never were made a doer of the will of God! Luke 6:46. "But why do you call Me `Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?"

James 1:22-25: "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." James is writing to believers in this letter, not unsaved people. He is telling them to be blessed, they must do what the Word, God's Word, says.
Yes, we must walk in love toward everyone, our brothers and sisters in Christ, as well as our enemies. Yet, we have to do so much more.

Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 4:3, “This is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality.” Here we have a very specific instance of what God commands of us: holiness, sanctification, sexual purity. This is his will of command. But, oh, so many do not obey.

Then Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” There again is a specific aspect of his will of command: give thanks in all circumstances. But many do not do this will of God.

God’s will of command is revealed with final, decisive authority found only in the Bible. And we need the renewed mind to understand and embrace what God commands in the Scripture. Without the renewed mind, "we will distort the Scriptures to avoid their radical commands for self-denial, and love, and purity, and supreme satisfaction in Christ alone." God’s authoritative will of command is found only in the Bible. Paul says that the Scriptures are inspired and make the Christian “competent, equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16). Not just some good works. “Every good work.” Oh, what energy and time and devotion Christians should spend meditating on the written Word of God.

God Bless†††

• amazinggrace 2010/03/31 05:13:39
    amazinggrace
    +7
    Like I say, I am a work in progress. I will only be completed when I meet my savior face to face. Until then I will run the best race I can.

• Brian Ron–Bor... 2010/03/31 06:40:37
    Brian
    +6
    Thats hitting the nail on the head!! hitting nail head
    LOL!!
  • Albedo 9.0 2010/03/31 03:15:29
    Albedo 9.0
    Isn't it God's will for me to have free will? Isn't my life God's gift to me?

gods free life gods gift
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/03/31 03:45:13
    Ron–Born from Above
    +4
    And you base this belief on what?
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/03/31 14:47:10
    Albedo 9.0
    The fact that I'm alive choosing to respond to you. Don't you have freedom of choice?
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/03/31 18:00:24 (edited)
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    Yes, and I have chosen to follow Christ. Who do you put your trust in the after life ends.
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/03/31 23:25:54
    Albedo 9.0
    Christ's father.
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/01 01:25:57
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    That won't save your soul.“Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures” (I Corinthians 15:3-4).
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/01 01:42:28
    Albedo 9.0
    Well I guess I better enjoy my life while I have it. I probably am going to hell....You can feel vindicated in heaven
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/01 02:02:23
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    Apparently you have no idea what a precarious position you have put yourself in, and the dire consequences of sin.

May you seek Christ and Christ only.
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/01 02:10:01
    Albedo 9.0
    I'm sure he will be waiting for me when I die. He'll share some wine with me; I share some herb with him. We will talk for hours; maybe even days and it will be totally awesome. :)
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/01 02:21:08
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    Man pridefully asserts his own supposed strength and exalts his own worldly wisdom. He tries to formulate a religion where he can call the shots and approach God on his own terms. He imagines that he can control his own destiny and he relies on unsophisticated rhetoric to conceal the lack of substance in his philosophic argumentations. But the message of the cross“ the simple historical truth of Christ crucified“ is the only message that can deliver sinful man from his lost condition of alienation from a Holy God.
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/01 02:29:30
    Albedo 9.0
    I approach God on my own terms and understanding. Its upto God to deem my terms and understanding worthy or not. I'm not scared....Are you?
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/01 02:39:54
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

There are many around the world that would embrace Christ if the Gospel was preached to them, but is very shameful for someone to hear and not listen.
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/01 03:11:17
    Albedo 9.0
    I don't know why you keep throwing scripture at me. I'm not melting on this end or anything. You should learn to embrace God instead of the scriblings of men.
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/01 06:27:49
    Ron–Born from Above
    +2
    You are walking in the fires of Satan, your heart is pierced by the evil one's tail. Your mouth spews out vile irreverence for Christ. You can not hide from God nor can your words be erased, for they are already written in your own blood. The pride of your heart has kept you from the truth, and the Lord will have the final say!
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/01 23:05:20
    Albedo 9.0
    Sounds like you're having the final say as well. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins you know. I don't hide from God ever. I know what God wants from me. You only know what your church wants from you.
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/02 00:51:03 (edited)
    Ron–Born from Above
    +2
    There no such thing as the seven deadly sins in bible teaching, but perhaps you are referring to Dante and Milton, when they speak of narcissism.

I believe in what Christ teaches and not what someone teaches from a pulpit.

You will never know God, unless you know Christ first.

You my claim to know a "god," but the true God of the universe doesn't claim you.
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/02 11:04:04
    Albedo 9.0
    Nice for you to speak for God. Wow you must really be important!
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/02 18:36:25
    Ron–Born from Above
    +1
    I stand on the authority of the scriptures, which are God breathed†
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/02 22:33:36
    Albedo 9.0
    I didn't realize the scriptures gave authority. It seems contrary to Jesus's teachings. You have all the anger and hatred of Satan himself. If people are moving away from Christianity you can blame it on people like yourself. You are a blasphemer and an affront to God I believe.
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/03 02:31:52
    Ron–Born from Above
    +1
    You come swaggering in to my post with a prideful heart, thinking you alone hold the keys to heaven. Christ and the Father are one in the same, they are part of the Godhead. Christ and only Christ can save you and reconcile you with God. If you reject Christ there will no longer be a sacrifice left for you. If you don't like the truth being spoken to you---move on.
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/04/04 01:07:43
    Albedo 9.0
    zzzzzzz.....zzzzzz.......zzzz...
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/08/16 03:58:03
    Ron–Born from Above
    Comatose–sure is your state of being.
  • FREED S... Albedo 9.0 2010/03/31 13:27:15
    FREED Speaks Up
    +4
    Your life, birth, is a gift from God. He has given you the will to choose. The choice is to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior or to reject Him.

When we choose Him we give Him our life as a gift to Him.
  • Albedo 9.0 FREED S... 2010/03/31 14:49:55
    Albedo 9.0
    You had me til Jesus Christ. I do believe in God and choose to worship Jesus's father. The father of all of us. We are not so different.
  • Ron–Bor... Albedo 9.0 2010/03/31 18:02:33
    Ron–Born from Above
    +2
    The difference is like night and day.
  • Albedo 9.0 Ron–Bor... 2010/03/31 23:27:37
    Albedo 9.0
    I wonder if that makes me a Jewish person?
  • FREED S... Albedo 9.0 2010/04/01 11:18:30
    FREED Speaks Up
    +3
    You can't worship Jesus' Father without knowing Jesus His Son. worship jesus father jesus son
  • sher FREED S... 2010/03/31 15:23:15
    sher
    +3
    It is foolish to not accept Jesus. Thanks Freed!
  • Ron–Bor... sher 2010/03/31 18:02:58
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    Amen†
  • FREED S... sher 2010/04/01 11:17:43
    FREED Speaks Up
    +3
    Amen sher!!
  • Ron–Bor... FREED S... 2010/03/31 18:00:41
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    Amen†††
  • Sam 2010/03/31 02:47:53
    Sam
    +4
    This is something that I personaly need to work on, Doing God's will and not my own. Thank you for sharing this with us. God has blessed you greatly and has blessed me with your friendship. Blessings forever and always!

Thank you again...
  • Ron–Bor... Sam 2010/03/31 03:47:33
    Ron–Born from Above
    +4
    May our path always be narrow and upwards†

I thank God for you too Sam!!!
    God Bless you Sam, Always†††
  • Sam Ron–Bor... 2010/03/31 04:25:28
    Sam
    +4
    The same to you my friend, always.

May God bless you as well :)
  • rightside 2010/03/31 02:40:45
    rightside
    +5
    As I read thru the OT, I realize that they just didn't stay in the Word.
    Every once in a while someone would find the book and dust it off and bring it to the king and say "wow, look at this" and the king would read it and tell everyone else to do so also.
    Then they would change to get in line with the word.
    Then they would forget and go off with self.
    It says in the NT that the people would listen to Paul and then go study the word to see if what he said was true.
    We should all do this.
  • Ron–Bor... rightside 2010/03/31 02:51:49
    Ron–Born from Above
    +3
    Amen†

Like the bereans of Corinth, they search the scriptures to see if Paul was right.

God Bless you rightside†††
  • FREED S... rightside 2010/03/31 13:28:05
    FREED Speaks Up
    +4
    An excellent point rightside!
  • Scars Remain (aka Vicki) 2010/03/31 02:32:17
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    +7
    Very good post and many need to hear it.

My prayer is daily, that I am following His will and not mine. That I hear clearly what the Spirit is saying and then be obedient, even when it takes me out of my comfort zone.

post hear prayer daily hear spirit obedient comfort zone
  • Ron–Bor... Scars R... 2010/03/31 02:54:59
    Ron–Born from Above
    +5
    Amen Vicki† and thank you!

Without hope life has no meaning!

God Bless you†††

amen vicki hope life meaning god bless

2014/09/02 12:19:45