Are we all going to HELL????

Sunnydaydreamer 2013/04/28 03:35:18
Related Topics: Hell
yes
no

• Al B Thayer 2013/04/28 04:32:05
    no
    Al B Thayer
    +4
    We are not all going to hell.

Funny How the ones that have the best chance, don't believe it exists.

• Dickens 2013/04/28 05:27:40
    no
    Dickens
    +2
    ..nah...but if I do, I'll be real busy shaking hands with everyone I ever knew...
  • apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope 2013/04/28 05:02:35
    yes
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    +2
    Oopsie, wrong option. If it doesn't exist, probably not.
  • taylordoesntdeserve 2013/04/28 04:50:05
    no
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +2
    Why believe in a place where people suffer eternally? Seems awfully morbid, disturbing, and cruel.
  • BHGOzzy taylord... 2013/04/28 05:43:23
    BHGOzzy
    +1
    Think about the people who say with GLEE "you're going to Hell". Who almost salivate at the prospect of being rewarded with being allowed to WATCH this torment, unending, cruel and evil torment... for all eternity.
  • taylord... BHGOzzy 2013/04/28 06:15:06
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +1
    I never realized the cruelness of this idea until I was atheist. People actually believe that some others deserve eternal punishment. I feel like this is fundamentally wrong and that people should always believe love begets love.
  • BHGOzzy taylord... 2013/04/28 06:17:16
    BHGOzzy
    Same here.
  • Clay Sl... taylord... 2013/04/28 14:08:57
    Clay Slayer
    Hey! dont you know a murderer who accepts Jesus will inherit the kingdom of heaven, before a righteous man that doesnt believe will>>LMAO
  • Clay Sl... taylord... 2013/04/28 14:07:36
    Clay Slayer
    Yep,, why would a loving mercifull god torture someone for simply not believing in a fairy tale?
  • BHGOzzy 2013/04/28 04:42:49
    no
    BHGOzzy
    +1
    Hell is a uniquely Christian concept (Neither Islam nor Judaism support the concept of Hell and they're the closest cousins to Christianity, and the Eastern religions treat Hell as just another realm rather than a place of fiery eternal torment).

But... I do love that AC/DC song :D
  • Al B Thayer 2013/04/28 04:32:05
    no
    Al B Thayer
    +4
    We are not all going to hell.

• KoAm Al B Th... 2013/04/28 14:10:04
    KoAm
    +1
    Satan's most effective strategy is convincing people that he and his dwelling aren't real.
  • Al B Th... KoAm 2013/04/28 22:49:27
    Al B Thayer
    Exactly!
  • whipnet Al B Th... 2013/04/28 22:33:49 (edited)
    whipnet
    You mean the smart ones?
  • Al B Th... whipnet 2013/04/28 22:50:39
    Al B Thayer
    Yep. Us dumbards are going to stupid heaven.
  • brian 2013/04/28 04:29:39
  • Librium 2013/04/28 04:19:15
    yes
    Librium
    +4
    we are all going to hell meme

we sure are
  • KoAm Librium 2013/04/28 14:09:05
    KoAm
    +2
    In one of the Eucharistic Prayers used in Catholic Masses, we pray to God "for those whose faith is known to You (God) alone."

For those whose faith is known to You alone. Dwell on those words for a minute.

Those words mean that there are people who, deep down in the crevices of their spiritual or mental subconscious, believe in God -- even if they're not consciously aware of it.

And I believe that's why some people are very good, and do very good things, even though they profess no conscious belief in God.

And because these people are prayed for in our Masses, that means it's not necessarily true that they're going to hell. Otherwise, we wouldn't bother praying for them.

People do, and think, all sorts of things without even realizing it. Why can't a belief in God be one of those without-realizing-it things?
  • dave.bost.7 2013/04/28 04:02:57 (edited)
    yes
    dave.bost.7
    +2
    If I am there will be some interesting company there im sure.
  • BHGOzzy dave.bo... 2013/04/28 04:43:56
    BHGOzzy
    +1
    Dawkins, Bill Gates, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Christopher Hitchens... basically all the awesome people.
  • SociallyAwkward 2013/04/28 04:02:45 (edited)
    yes
    SociallyAwkward
    +2
    Maybe not all of us but I laughed at a dead baby joke earlier so I probably have a reserved V.I.P. seat ._.
  • Sunnyda... Sociall... 2013/04/28 04:05:07
  • Stardust 2013/04/28 03:58:50
  • BHGOzzy Stardust 2013/04/28 04:44:51
    BHGOzzy
    +1
    Scary part? According to how the doctrine works, so is a serial murderer/rapist who converts right before his execution and accepts Jesus as his savior.
  • Stardust BHGOzzy 2013/04/28 04:50:12
  • BHGOzzy Stardust 2013/04/28 05:39:02
    BHGOzzy
    +1
    a sense of integrity.

Think about how many people use "forgiveness" as an excuse to do... pretty much whatever they like as if the universe had no consequences for them, because in the end Jesus will forgive them of their sins just for believing in him.

Con men, Faith Healers (who routinely get children killed by refusing needed medical treatment), and neredowells of all stripes.

Now I realize, there ARE good Christians. I've met plenty in my normal life AND on Sodahead (and I'm always glad to meet them, they give me hope), but it's the evil ones, the ones who think that Genocide or rape would be good if God ordered it, who scare the living daylights out of me.

Not because they exist, oh no. Because they want power, and often have the resources to GET it... and people like them... will make YOUR life just as miserable as mine. You'd just get to live longer. Well, unless you where of the wrong sect of the Cristian Faith, then you'd be alongside me at the chopping block.

These are the sorts of people who started the Inquisition, the sort of people who will clothe any dirty deed in the name of Faith. Good people will do good things, evil people will do evil things, but for a good person to do evil requires religion.

Think of how many people out there who claim to be Christian and ...
    a sense of integrity.

Think of how many people out there who claim to be Christian and Good People have GLEE in their eyes when they think of people whose only "Crime" in life was not believing are going to be eternally tortured and that when they die, they get to watch. Think of what kind of mentality it takes to think that eternal, unending suffering and torture of another... is something to take in, savor and enjoy with a song in one's heart.
  • Ron–Bor... BHGOzzy 2013/04/28 08:22:05
    Ron–Born from Above
    +2
    Hi Ozzy!

I agree with some of your statements about Christians. For instance, the Catholic Church is nothing more than a combination of Christianity and paganism. They usurp the bible for tradition. Tradition is fine if it is wrought in Scripture, but if comes from man than it is from hell. The Crusades and the Inquisition were promoted by evil popes. In fact, every pope is evil, for they consider themselves "Vicars of Christ". Making themselves equal with Christ when speaking of church dogma. This is blasphemy. There is not a moment anyone is infallible in God's eyes.

You speak of those Christians that are no different than a heathen. They live for this world and follow right along with the culture. America claims that it is 80% Christian, well that is hogwash! Just because one goes to church, been baptised, prays, and even had an alter call doesn't make them true Christian in Christ. These I call cultural-Christians or pseudo-Christians. They make up a big part of that 80 or 70%.

Being scared by hell doesn't make for a good Christian. When one truly seeks Christ we see that its inferences are rational. We know that there is more to this life that our five senses tell us. Its knowing with all our hearts that there is a God that wants to have a personal relationship with us. We r...

Hi Ozzy!

Being scared by hell doesn't make for a good Christian. When one truly seeks Christ we see that its inferences are rational. We know that there is more to this life that our five senses tell us. Its knowing with all our hearts that there is a God that wants to have a personal relationship with us. We reason from the impossible, to probable, to virtual certainty. These types of things may seem foolish I know, but to us who have felt the hand of God know them to be true.

When I gave my life to Christ, I was immediately changed. I saw sin where I didn't see sin before. My mouth was changed, my attitude, and my love for others.

I started studying my Bible instead of just reading it–Courses in Christian apologetics and Theology. I still try and do as much research as possible everyday.

You mentioned that in Judaism there is no hell, well I also find that very interesting, because there are only a hand full of verses that speak of hell (Shoal)–Isaiah 66:22-24; Isaiah 14:9-11; Daniel 12:2; Numbers 16:33. I've found this very wanting in the Old Testament. Why did God not give an earlier warning about hell
    to the descents of Adam and Eve? This question has been a thorn in my side for quite awhile.

The only answer that I can come to grips with is when Paul is speaking on Mars Hill (Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead). When first read those passages, I thought that before Christ, God over looked their sins. Many commentaries will say that God didn't punish them while on earth. But my heart and understanding tells me that it means just what it says.

I thought I'd write you Ozzy, because you have friends that are Christian who live the life that they have in Christ. Being a Christian is not only a state of mind, but a state of existence.

Peace Ozzy! :)
  • Stardust Ron–Bor... 2013/04/28 13:25:30
  • Ron–Bor... Stardust 2013/04/28 18:05:59
    Ron–Born from Above
    +1
    Thanks LuvLuv!

God Bless†
  • Clay Sl... Ron–Bor... 2013/04/28 14:15:59
    Clay Slayer
    By Papal decree,, the Pope is invallable and irreproachable... they made their own protection LMAO...

Pope Pius IX (1846–1878), during whose pontificate the doctrine of papal infallibility was dogmatically defined by the First Vatican Council.Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church which states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error[1] "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church
    In other words the Pope is always right..
  • Clay Sl... Stardust 2013/04/28 14:11:14
    Clay Slayer
    He was just pointing out the stupid logic the religious use on who is going to hell.. Yep a murderer accepting Jesus gets a pass, and a righteous man that doesnt believe, gets condemed.. Yep that is some super twisted logic..
  • kylie 2013/04/28 03:56:18
    yes
    kylie
    +1
    im on the highway to hell, and i'm taken everybody with me lmao
  • Sunnyda... kylie 2013/04/28 03:58:57
  • Sunnydaydreamer 2013/04/28 03:35:46

2014/10/23 02:48:15