Are there any famous Rulers, People, or Fictional Characters that that have the same First Name as you?

Osk 2012/11/24 13:35:30
Here are mine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_%28given_name%29

People with the given name Oscar or Oskar

Fictional characters with the given name Oscar

Gambling systems with the name of Oscar

In Roulette the Oscar System, also known as the Oskar System, and the
Oscar Grind System, also known as the Oskar Grind System, attempts to
make one chip profit in every cycle with plus zero after a loss in the
mini cycle and plus one after a win. The difference between the Oscar
System and the Oscar Grind System is that the Oscar Grind System also
limits mini cycle profits to just one chip.

People with the given name Oskari

• sockpuppet 2012/11/24 14:04:10
    Yes (Who are?)
    sockpuppet
    +3
    Oscar is a good name, btw. Robert Heinlein created a character named Oscar, and he called him "Scar".

For me, there was
    sockpuppet Octavius, ancient Roman statesman.
    sockpuppet Smythe-Jenkins, British architect
    and "sockpuppet the Berserker" who would have been a great and fearsome Viking,
    had he not been born in Nebraska, in 1970.

Seriously, though... "William". Lots of them. :O)

• Jason - CoG 2014/03/09 20:26:39
    Yes (Who are?)
    Jason - CoG
    former Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek
  • MyDaydream90 2013/04/27 19:03:23
    Yes (Who are?)
    MyDaydream90
    Here are a few...

Amy Adams
    Amy Lee
    Amy Winehouse

Amy futurama
    Amy Farrah Fowler
    Amy sonic

I can't think of any historical people, but there was a character named Amy in the novel Little Women.
  • MissLeviathan 2013/04/27 17:55:17
    Yes (Who are?)
    MissLeviathan
    Queen Charlotte, wife of King George III of the UK
    Charlotte Bronte (author of Jane Eyre)
    Charlotte from Sex and The City
    Charlotte the spider from Charlotte's Web (lol)
  • marika 2012/11/27 22:39:47
    Yes (Who are?)
    marika
    a german dancer/singer..in the 60's marika rok ..and euhhh lots of scandinavian transvestites lol
  • marika marika 2012/11/27 22:45:41
    marika
    oww and the one I dislike the duch namesake marieke van nymwegen,,a medeval girl half saint i think,,,invoved in the childrenscrusades
  • Yes (Who are?)
    ✩Batman's✩Epic✩Understudy✩
    Any of the Queen Elizabeths, Elizabeth Taylor, Elizabeth Bennet
  • Leprachaun999 2012/11/24 18:46:00
    Yes (Who are?)
    Leprachaun999
  • Yes (Who are?)
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    But not with my spelling

Kozmo.com was a venture-capital-driven online company that promised free one-hour delivery of "videos, games, dvds, music, mags, books, food, basics & more" and Starbucks coffee in several major cities in the United States. It was founded by young investment bankers Joseph Park and Yong Kang in March 1998 in New York City.

Kosmo is a desktop geographic information system (GIS) with advanced functions. It is the first of a series of developments that are being made available to the community.

Amor De Cosmos (August 20, 1825 – July 4, 1897) was a Canadian journalist, publisher and politician. He served as the second Premier of British Columbia.

Born William Alexander Smith in Windsor, Nova Scotia to United Empire Loyalist parents.

In 1854, Smith successfully petitioned the California State Assembly to have his name changed to "Amor De Cosmos" (inaccurately translated as "Lover of the Universe"), to pay tribute, as he said, "to what I love most...Love of order, beauty, the world, the universal."

People with the given or middle name Cosmo:

Colleen 'Cosmo' Murphy (b. 1968), club disc jockey and music entrepreneur
    Cosmo and Damian, 3rd century Christian martyrs
    Cosmo de Medici, alternate name of Cosimo de' Medici (1389-1464)
    Cosmo I, a...

&

But not with my spelling

Cosmo I, alternate name of Cosimo I de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany (1519-1574)
    Cosmo Allegretti, actor and puppeter in the 1955-1984 children's television series Captain Kangaroo
    Cosmo Baker (b. 1974), American disc jockey
    Sir Cosmo Bonsor, 1st Baronet (1848-1929), British MP, chairman of the South Eastern Railway
    Cosmo Campoli (1923-1997), American sculptor
    Sir Cosmo Duff-Gordon, 5th Baronet (1862-1931), British landowner, survivor of the RMS Titanic
    Cosmo Gordon, 3rd Duke of Gordon (1720-1752), Scottish nobleman
    Cosmo Graham, British professor
    Cosmo Hamilton (1870-1942), British playwright
    Cosmo Iacavazzi (b. 1943), American football player
    Cosmo Innes (1798-1874), British antiquarian
    Cosmo Klein (b. 1978), German singer
    Cosmo Landesman, British journalist
    Cosmo Lang (1864-1945), British prelate of the Church of England
    Cosmo Maciocia (b. 1942), Canadian politician
    Cosmo Wilson (b. 1961), a rock & roll lighting designer and director
    Doug "Cosmo" Clifford (b. 1945), member of the rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival
    George James Cosmo Douglas (1889-1973), Anglican priest, Dean of Argyll and the Isles
    Gordon Cosmo Touche (1895-1972), British barrister and politician
    Nicholas Cosmo Bonsor (b. 1942), British politician
    William Cosmo Monkhouse (1840-1901), British poet

People with the surname Cosmo:

Anthony Cosmo (disambiguation), any of several people of the same name
    Fran Cosmo, American musician, former lead singer of the band Boston
    James Cosmo (b. 1948), British actor
    Nicholas Cosmo (b. 1971), fund manager accused of $400 million Ponzi scheme
    Julián Di Cosmo (b. 1984), Italian-Argentine football player
    Mariel Everton Cosmo Da Silva (b. 1980), Brazilian football player
    Roberto Di Cosmo, Italian computer scientist
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/11/24 18:31:40
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    Here's some more origins & meanings of my appelation, got an EGO to match.

In the general sense, a "cosmos" is an orderly or harmonious system. It originates from the Greek term κόσμος (kosmos), meaning "order" or "ornament"[1] and is antithetical to the concept of chaos.

Pythagoras is said to have been the first philosopher to apply the term cosmos to the Universe, perhaps referring to the starry firmament.

Today, the word is generally used as a synonym of the Latin loanword "Universe" (considered in its orderly aspect). The word cosmetics originates from the same root.

In many Slavic languages such as Russian, Bulgarian, and Serbian, the word Космос cosmos means also the "outer space".

In Mandarin Chinese, cosmos and universe are both translated as 宇宙 yǔzhòu, which literally translated means space-time (宇 yǔ = space + 宙 zhòu = time).

Russian cosmism is a cosmocentric philosophical and cultural movement that emerged in Russia in the early 20th century

In theology, the term can be used to denote the created Universe, not including the creator. In Christian theology, the word was also used synonymously with aion to refer to "worldly life" or "this world" as opposed to the afterlife or World to Come.

Cosmology is the study of the cosmos in several of the above meanings, depending on c...

Cosmology is the study of the cosmos in several of the above meanings, depending on context. All cosmologies have in common an attempt to understand the implicit order within the whole of being. In this way, most religions and philosophical systems have a cosmology.

Cosmicism is a philosophical position that mankind is an insignificant aspect of a universe at best indifferent and perhaps hostile. This philosophy, explored by writers such as H.P. Lovecraft (who some say is the original proponent of the philosophy) and later writers who actually represented the beliefs in books such as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy 2012/11/24 18:06:22
    Yes (Who are?)
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +1
    Jesse James. Tee hee hee
  • lowcountry70 2012/11/24 17:43:37
    Yes (Who are?)
    lowcountry70
    mark twain, marco polo, marcus aurelius
  • timothy.hill.14 2012/11/24 16:53:21
    Yes (Who are?)
    timothy.hill.14
    +1
    Saint Timothy, a 1st-century Christian and figure in the Book of Acts, and the reputed recipient of the two epistles listed above;
    Saint Timothy, a 3rd and 4th-century Christian, bishop of Antioch and martyr mentioned in the Actus Silvestri and buried at San Paolo fuori le Mura in Rome.
    Timothy Dalton (born 1946), a British actor;
    Timothy Hutton (born 1960), an American actor;
    Timothy Olyphant (born 1968), an American actor;
    Timothy Spall, (born 1957), an English actor;
    Christopher Timothy, (born 1940) a Welsh actor.
  • ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2012/11/24 16:13:24
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    Close, but not the exact same spelling or pronunciation. Same nickname, though.
  • rknothead 2012/11/24 15:44:26
    Yes (Who are?)
    rknothead
    King Richard the Lionhearted
  • Eccles 2012/11/24 15:40:06
    Yes (Who are?)
    Eccles
    Felix the Cat.
    Felix the Cat
  • Debra Smith 2012/11/24 15:04:08
  • DoxieDad 2012/11/24 14:49:05
    Yes (Who are?)
    DoxieDad
  • Just me ♥ 2012/11/24 14:44:46
    Just me ♥
    +1
    No. I don't know anyone at all with the same first as me.
  • Osk Just me ♥ 2012/11/24 16:00:42
    Osk
    +1
    Google it and you will be surprised
  • Just me ♥ Osk 2012/11/24 16:18:02
    Just me ♥
    I tried that and got ZILCH...lol.
  • Osk Just me ♥ 2012/11/24 16:34:15
    Osk
    What's the name?
  • pantagruella 2012/11/24 14:44:04
    Yes (Who are?)
    pantagruella
    Yes, most of them because I use their names whenever I can.
  • JOHNNY 2012/11/24 14:43:04
    Yes (Who are?)
    JOHNNY
    Johnny Ringo , outlaw in Arizona in the 1800's .
  • sockpuppet 2012/11/24 14:04:10
    Yes (Who are?)
    sockpuppet
    +3

For me, there was

• Osk sockpuppet 2012/11/24 14:06:37
    Osk
    +1
    Thank you... however, I prefer the way how my name is written which is Oskar
  • sockpuppet Osk 2012/11/24 14:26:38
    sockpuppet
    +2
    Me, too. Scandinavian spelling! :O)
  • User Deactivated 2012/11/24 13:42:20
    User Deactivated
    Not according to any of the searches I did :P "Jeffery - We cannot find any historically significant people with the first name Jeffery" And I can't think of any fictional characters named Jeffery either.
  • Osk User De... 2012/11/24 13:44:41 (edited)
    Osk
    +1
    Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

Hope that helps
  • User De... Osk 2012/11/24 14:36:37
    User Deactivated
    Kinda. If you take all spellings of my name, that helped Lol. However my spelling of the name is slightly different and a lot less people share the spelling Jeffery than Jeffrey. It's even pronounced slightly different.

2014/10/31 18:03:46