Are there any Christians here on Soda Head that believe that homosexuality is wrong, but also believe it is wrong to oppress those who lead that lifestyle?

dekecds 2012/07/27 16:26:38
You'll burn in hell for your beliefs...
He died for all of us, not just the ones we like...
There is no God, but I respect your beliefs...
There is no God, your'e a sad little man, and It makes me feel good to demean you...
Monkey Owl says.....
I am currently shouldering a heavy emotional burden by being in the middle of this debate and it saddens me to think that I have no supporters on either side.

If there are any Christians out there that feel this way, I would love to hear from you about this.
Any LGBT that have thoughts are welcome to post as well, as I am a former homosexual that transitioned in and out of that lifestyle three times before choosing to be straight.

• djdog 2012/08/19 19:33:03
    There is no God, your'e a sad little man, and It makes me feel good to demean...
    djdog
    +1
    I think ill listen to the guys in the lab coats that say homosexuality is a natural thing not chosen then the guy that gets up early every sunday dress up and apologize for being human and then read from the top selling book written around athousand or so years ago the scientist have science the religious have fairy tales thats just how i have always seen it.
  • dekecds djdog 2012/08/20 00:26:18
    dekecds
    Thanks for the post, though it is not relevant to this question.
  • 1Duk.e 2012/07/29 14:27:30
  • Emily Barrington 2012/07/28 13:04:15
    Emily Barrington
    +1
    We all have different beliefs but I believe that when we go we come back as a fresh being, but with the knowledge that we had in the life before. And then, when we have all the knowledge, we get to choose.
  • ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 05:50:16
    ZeldaFan13
    +1
    Well the Christian God doesn't exist... However, a LOVING and ACCEPTING God does! <3 God made us all the way we are. REGARDLESS of Sexual Orientation, Race, or Gender! Sexuality isn't a choice and neither is Gender Identity... It's how we feel. You don't control your attractions. And Homosexuality is the attractions to the same gender. And being Gay is NOT a lifestyle becuz it's not a choice and it does NOT define who a person is. All it defines is the gender a person is attracted to...
  • dekecds ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 11:52:35
    dekecds
    All good points, though I disagree witha few of them.
    -I control my attractions the same way that I control my appetites and urges for anything else. That is what I also define as being American. The ability to choose one thing over another, even if the other one was a natural inclination. I've been gay 3 times and I don't regret it.
    - I consider every action that I take on a regular basis to be part of my lifestyle.
    - What does define a person, then, if not their actions, even if it's not a choice.
    - I personally believe that everything in life is a choice, even when the consequences are adverse or unpleasant. Basically, how bad do you want it?
  • ZeldaFan13 dekecds 2012/07/28 19:36:30
    ZeldaFan13
    +1
    You don't control your attractions. No one can... -_- You can't "Be Gay 3 Times"... You're either Gay your whole life or never gay. So, I would like you to explain that part of your response. So everything in life is a choice? So you believe Skin Color is a choice? You believe those starving children in Africa have THAT choice to starve? Not everything in life is a choice. And Homosexuality is one of them that is NOT a choice.
  • dekecds ZeldaFan13 2012/07/29 13:40:12
    dekecds
    No, skin color and external situations are not choices. I agree with you there. However, I found at a young age with prompting from a close friend that I had no natural aversion to deeply emotional and sexual situations with the same sex. We were both quite young, though into our teens already and shared emotional and physical intimacy. At some point, we both decided to stop, feeling that it was unnatural or at least confusing. I was attracted to the opposite sex later on, when dating was a semi-popular thing to do.
    Much later, and after a short 3 year marriage and mutually wanted divorce with my wife, I questioned myself as to my sexuality, recalling the relationship with my friend in my teens.
    This led me to seek out a homosexual relationship and once again I initially felt no awkwardness or aversion to it. This didn't last very long and I broke it off due to my sudden feelings of awkwardness. I had a lot of trouble determining what exactly made me feel awkward that wasn't present in the beginning.
    After that, I did a lot of soul searching and I think that just as my desires for other things in life had waxed or waned or even changed completely , so could my capacity for attraction.
    At this point, I felt that I needed to simplify my life and just choose to pursue one se...
    At this point, I felt that I needed to simplify my life and just choose to pursue one sex or the other. I contemplated what I was inherently attracted to in each of my past relationships with both sexes and it was very evenly divided. My attraction to females was purely physical at the start of each relationship, yet it grew more emotional as I got to know them and love them, rather than lust them. My attraction to males was more of a deep feeling of comfort and emotional fulfillment that was heightened by a physical relationship later on.
    As I was accustomed to dating women more often than men, I tried one more shallow relationship with another man and decided that I would just stick to women and be done with it. Some of this stemmed from my perception that homosexuality had become a trendy thing, and that disgusted me. I can be attracted to either sex, but now I choose to be straight for personal and religious reasons.
  • ZeldaFan13 dekecds 2012/07/29 17:38:23
    ZeldaFan13
    Doing Gay Actions (Kissing, Hugging, or Having Sex with the same sex) does NOT make someone Gay. It's the ATTRACTIONS (Romantic, Physical, and Sexual) to the same gender that makes someone Gay. What you went through was what is known as a Bi Curious Stage! >.> Idiot! Many people go through it! However, some don't. It depends on who you are. If you enjoy being with the same gender or are attracted to the same gender, then you're either Bisexual, Pansexual, or Gay. You're not at all straight if you like the same gender. I'm really offended that you actually believe it's a choice becuz it's not.
  • dekecds ZeldaFan13 2012/07/29 21:19:13
    dekecds
    I am offended that you insist on calling me an idiot. I kinda saw this coming in the tone of your redress of my first post, but I believed that if I stated my case with no embellishments, you would see where I am coming from, or at least respect my point of view.
    I maintain that I did have the attractions (in fact I briefly described them above) to either sex and I find it hard to believe that I went through an 18 year "Bi-Curious" stage.
    I believe that, like many (especially youth), you are a slave to your desires and instincts. Only an animal is so limited by instinct and natural inclination. Like a lemming you have a limited capacity to open your mind and realize that you can learn attractions just like you learn other desires.
  • BloodlessVeins 2012/07/27 23:11:34
    Monkey Owl says.....
    BloodlessVeins
    +1
    Hm, I'll tell you what the Christians I know say: (I'm not Christian)
    1.) Little Sis :"Homosexual marriage should be made legal, it hurts no one." Haven't heard her thoughts on it being against the bible. She's the type that even though she believes in the bible, she will follow what she thinks is right.
    2.) Mom: "I know it says in the bible that homosexuality is wrong, but I think that maybe times are changing, maybe even the bible. After all, women have gotten rights."
    3.) Step father: "Its blasphemy to be homosexual. It was stated wrong in the bible, and it is against God's word."
    4.) Brother: "Marriage is for man and woman." My little sister did not like that Facebook post.
    5.) Dad: "Marriage is for a man and woman. But they can have a civil union." That's what he thought about marriage, about it in general "I just don't care, its none of my business." Although he does also say "I can understand lesbians better than I can understand gay guys."
    6.) One best friend: She's bisexual and Christian, but she believes people can be both.
    7.) Another best friend: "We all sin, so to say that Gays are going to Hell for that...its just not right." (She hates it when others of her religion keep telling people they are going to Hell.)
    8.) My step-father's mother "Men aren't supposed to...
    8.) My step-father's mother "Men aren't supposed to be in a relationship with me, and women aren't supposed to be in relationships with other women. It is against the bible, and anyone who participates is going to hell. That is what the Lord has said, and it should be done."
  • Qwik619 2012/07/27 16:59:32
    Qwik619
    +1
    Sin is sin. We lie ,we steal, and we consistantly wrong others. We are sinners. homosexuality IS a sin. however this proves the gay community no worse nor better than any other christian.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 05:47:07
    ZeldaFan13
    +1
    A sin is evil. Who I am isn't evil... So... Therefore, NOT a sin! :3
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 16:44:09
    Qwik619
    +1
    Are you legitimately trying to find loophole in god's text and tell me what is and isnt a sin? it IS a sin. but so is lying wrongdoing and denying god's words(Ergo what you just did) if you gay you have sinned but if you have lived you were bound to have sinned basically everyday you have lived.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 19:39:04
    ZeldaFan13
    NEWS FLASH: Not everyone believes in God! :D Or the bible for that matter! :) There's actually no logical evidence to prove the bible is the "Word of God". So stop saying "Homosexuality is Sin"... Cuz not everyone believes that! You can say, "In MY Belief it's a sin"... But just saying it's a "Sin" is implying that only YOUR beliefs count and that only YOUR beliefs are "Right" which is ridiculous...
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 19:40:31
    Qwik619
    +1
    Just because you say it's not a sin means nothing whether you believe in god or not YOU are not here to decide whats right or wrong.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 19:46:05
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 19:49:03
    Qwik619
    I didn't say it was a sin, you are trying to hard to search for hypocrisy in me. The bible and god himself say it's a sin. I'm relaying the message. if you believe in god then you would accept his word and not argue. admit to yourself your a sinner like everybody else in the world is. you are no better nor worse then anybody else in this world. you sin, I sin we all sin. just deal with that.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 19:51:50
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 19:54:29
    Qwik619
    ........the bible is what god commands. if you claim you believe and you don't follow or try to follow. you are nothing but a glorified atheist. start calling yourself that if you would like some accuracy. open up the book of proverbs for one page and you will get it.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 19:57:03
    ZeldaFan13
    Oh how I just love the intolerance of you Christians! lol! Everyone MUST believe and agree with YOUR beliefs huh? xD Who are you to tell ME what I can or can't believe!? xD
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 20:00:50
    Qwik619
    No one. look we believe in one god and almighty god. it isnt that we think everyone else is stupid it is that our god comands our loyalty to him and only him. and as followers we give him that. but you see I can't get through to you. only because you refuse to hear my words if in any situation we must have a conversation like this, I highly suggest you lower your temper and subsequently your close minded attitude.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 20:03:09
    ZeldaFan13
    Ever think that maybe you're just an intolerant little bitch who should understand that not everyone believes in what you do? :O And that maybe your beliefs aren't correct? :3
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 20:07:14
    Qwik619
    I have too much faith to put myself in question. and I know I'm not a "Little bitch" check yourself.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 20:08:37
    ZeldaFan13
    xD

lol

Maybe your leader, Jesus will teach you something! :3
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 20:14:56
    Qwik619
    When did I insult you? tell me now. let me show you what it looks like when I insult you. Has it ever occured to you that maybe I am smarter than you maybe that your the intolerant one maybe that you the low life man sitting in front of a comouter calling yourself a believer in christ when you refer to him as MY leader not yours as well. your an embarrassment to all who call yourself a believer in christ. just because you some immature child trying to find something "Original" to believe in when you are more ignorant to somehting you claim to believe in than anybody. Check you hypocrisy. you claim I'm judging you and not being kind to you right? read you replies, then read my posts. I claimed equality over the gay community with everyone. who knows your probably defensive cause you know it's a sin.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 20:18:33
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 20:20:49
    Qwik619
    ... Ignorance has never come in such a higher concentration.
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 20:21:20
    ZeldaFan13
    xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 20:22:49
    ZeldaFan13
    Look, it ain't my fault you assumed that becuz I believe in God, I believe in your fictional Jesus! xD
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 20:26:10
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 20:26:52 (edited)
    ZeldaFan13
    xD Thanx! ^.^
  • Qwik619 ZeldaFan13 2012/07/28 19:41:37
    Qwik619
    and also "Are there any Christians here on Soda Head that believe that homosexuality is wrong, but also believe it is wrong to oppress those who lead that lifestyle?" is the name of the question if you don't believe why are you in this thread?
  • ZeldaFan13 Qwik619 2012/07/28 19:46:21
    ZeldaFan13
    I have every right to answer any question I like! :3
  • dekecds ZeldaFan13 2012/07/29 13:42:24
    dekecds
    Isn't "Sin" an exclusive term to the Christian faith that doesn't exist outside of the Bible?
  • Radical Ed dekecds 2012/07/30 11:58:59
    Radical Ed
    +1
    or math.
  • Simeon~thegayliberal 2012/07/27 16:36:24
    Simeon~thegayliberal
    +2
    Well, I don't appreciate you calling it a lifestyle as I find it demeaning, but hey, everyone's convinced everything they believe is right for everyone else, so whatever people say goes.
  • dekecds Simeon~... 2012/07/27 16:39:33
    dekecds
    My apologies, I simply mean it as a defining factor in your life. I eat lemon-heads and lemon pie, it's part of my lifestyle. That's what I mean....
  • Simeon~... dekecds 2012/07/27 16:43:59
    Simeon~thegayliberal
    +1
    Fair enough.
  • Cantus_bird 2012/07/27 16:35:00
    Cantus_bird
    +1
    I don't support the homosexual lifestyle however you won't find me oppressing them in life ...

2014/04/21 04:37:33