Are Pit Bulls Misunderstood?

Pamela 2010/10/07 21:21:17
Related Topics: animal

SLIDESHOW: Pit Bulls Misunderstood?

Aww
1 of 8

Aww

Just look at that face.
  1. Aww

Aww

Just look at that face.

2. This guy...

This guy...

looks like he needs a good home.

3. Why...

Why...

hello!

4. This guy...

This guy...

looks like he just did a 500-yard sprint. Water? Anyone?

5. Say cheese!

Say cheese!

Look at these best buds ready for their walk!

6. What's up...

What's up...

glamour puss? This pit bull looks like she (he?) gets her way often.

7. You...

You...

talkin' to me?

8. I want one!

I want one!

If you want to help me spread the good word about pit bulls, go to this site: http://www.pitbulls.org/rescue-shelters. It will direct you to a local pit bull rescue shelter near you.

Are Pit Bulls Misunderstood?
What's the first thing you think of when you hear the words "pit bull"? Some violent attack you've heard on the news or the horror of Michael Vick's dogfighting days, I imagine.

Well, pit bulls, in my opinion, are hugely misunderstood. They're really loving and friendly animals when they are given a proper home. Check out a few cute pix I have here as I try to unleash some good feelings for the cute canines in need of your love and support.

• mehreen 2012/06/08 17:57:13
    Yes, they definitely are
    mehreen
    i blame the owners for distroying this breed. its a beautiful n loyal dog in the right hands, i have a pitbull myself n i couldn't ask 4 a better friend
  • doglover1581 2012/04/13 16:34:01
    Yes, they definitely are
    doglover1581
    oh.. people people people.. can be so freaking IGNORANT.. I have 2 beautiful doggies.. one is a schnoodle (11 lbs) and the other one is my Pit (50 lbs.. for now, she keeps growing, I tell u) and when it's meal time.. my schnoodle takes my Pit's huge plate.. and my Pit goes to the little plate.. and NOTHING HAPPENS.. my schnoodle is the aggressive one in this family...

sssoooo.. Pits.. totally misunderstood.. they need to be loved and trained.. My Pit is more loving and cuddly than my schnoodle, my Schnoodle is our watch dog.. lol.. I love my girls.. I love Pits, and they are great, powerful, magnificent, beautiful, awesome.. they are pleasers.. they will do what you teach them to do... so if they do something wrong.. it's the owners fault..

btw.. I live in an apartment.. they do not need a lot of room inside a house (for the most part, mine sleeps when inside the house).. you just need to find a place, park.. something.. where you can take them to run or walk.. :-)
  • Caitie Robinson 2012/03/12 20:46:53
    Yes, they definitely are
    Caitie Robinson
    My dog Tanner, was attacked by a pit bull about an hour ago. at first i was so angry. Now i'm just sad. I'm sad that my beautiful mutt lab mix is suffering from a painful broken and possibly unsaveble leg, and that i know that the pit will probably be put down. I'm sad because it was obvious that the pit was a stray with an embedded collar, and never felt the love that Tanner is being suffocated with right now. Please keep My dog in your prayers. and please please please pray that the person responsible for that Pitbull pays the price for what happened to my Beautiful fluffy baby girl.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akama...
  • Cindy Allen 2011/11/07 06:11:35
    Yes, they definitely are
    Cindy Allen
    They are the sweetest, its the owners fault!!!! I think Chihuahua are vicious! I am more scared of a Chihuahua then a Pit Bull, funny but truth!!!
  • Yotam Soen 2011/09/08 04:23:40
    Yes, they definitely are
    Yotam Soen
    pit bulls are the nicest dogs there are they are loyal and strong and that is the reason why mean people use them for bad things they will do every thing there owner tells them
    to do
    man fears what man does not know
  • Andrew Archie 2011/07/12 19:19:27
    Yes, they definitely are
    Andrew Archie
    I am a proud owner of a rescued blue gotti. He was fought and bred in terrible conditions. Still after a couple months of love and caring, he has made a complete recovery.he is truly a miracle. I can bring him around my god children,friends,family and even other animals. I have great respect for the breed. The sad thing is the terrible owners that take advantage of there loyalty and strength. I will never own any other breed!!
  • kyler 2011/05/19 14:09:31
    Yes, they definitely are
    kyler
    i love pits
  • jaime 2011/05/18 09:21:22
    jaime
    no,i think some people don't understand pit bulls,I have two saku my girls friend baby and my female aztlan. they are less violence them chihuahuas.
  • Sweets Cronan 2011/05/15 15:09:21
    Yes, they definitely are
    Sweets Cronan
    I love pit bulls i don`t know why they get misjudged the only way they will ever hurt you is if you train them to do bad.I have 1 pit bull and she is the sweetish thing i have ever meet she is a really good guard dog and regular family dog.
  • Ty 2011/05/10 14:58:14
    Yes, they definitely are
    Ty
    i am i proud owner of an all american pitbull and he's the bestfriend i could ever have and when i take him to my schools games everyone always asks if he is nice and my first reaction to that of course! hell the most he'll do is try to jump on you to lick you to death. everyone in my community especially the younger kids loves my pit so yeah. lol. pits are amazing animals to have but its all in the way you train them.
  • Brooke 2011/04/27 13:58:39
    Yes, they definitely are
    Brooke
    +1
    completely its all in there raising i had a pitbull since iwas a baby and my brother and i grew up with it he never growled at us or bit us i luv my dog
  • blackrings70 2011/04/27 03:35:56
    Yes, they definitely are
    blackrings70
    < PUNISH THE OWNER NOT THE BREED!!!!!
  • nicki 2011/04/26 16:09:07
    Yes, they definitely are
    nicki
    +1
    i have three pitbulls and they are very sweet one of my pittbulls dont even bark if u were to rob my house she would hold a flashlight for u then the other two are so spoiled they think tht they are lap dogs they well let u no tht thier is an intruder but they well become ur best friend so no they are not violent dogs they are misunderstood and it all depends on how they are raised. spanish pets
  • kristina 2011/04/18 14:17:23 (edited)
    No, they are violent animals
    kristina
    no they should not.. Any dog can go crazy and attack some people but they shouldnt be destroyed....... It all depends on how you raise them the people who raise them to be mean should be put in jail for animal cruelty.....

i meant to put yes, they definitely are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yotam Soen kristina 2011/09/08 04:29:47
    Yotam Soen
    +2
    pit bulls are not mean i have seen pit bulls attack lots of times
    and i Learned they can lick alot
  • Shannon 2011/04/17 23:02:41
    Yes, they definitely are
    Shannon
    Pit bulls are not violent, just the owners! The only difference is that when they bite it does damage, unlike a smaller dog with less jaw power.
  • Christian 2011/04/16 19:18:14
    Yes, they definitely are
    Christian
    The people who said they are violent animals obviously don't understand how loyal they are. They will do anything to protect their owners it's just the owners that put theirselves in situations that the dog has to protect them. My sister has a full blood pit and he's the best dog and has never hurt anyone hes about 11 years old.
  • Allison 2011/04/16 18:13:20
    Yes, they definitely are
    Allison
    I love my pittbull
  • Alex Streit 2011/04/13 16:37:42
    Yes, they definitely are
    Alex Streit
    one owner that i know did not teach her dog any thing all it beg for fin food it pisses me off that some one with a dog did not care to train here fin pit bull she was dumb and so was the dog but yes is my answer most people are scared of them
  • courtney 2011/04/11 07:24:02
    Yes, they definitely are
    courtney
    its the owners that make them mean my opinion i think that they should rot in prison 4 that not the dogs they trained it 2 be that way i have owned pits and they were the best dogs i ever had
  • I have a secret... 2011/04/10 03:31:45
    Yes, they definitely are
    I have a secret...
    Work with pitties everyday....had one sit on my lap and lick my face, got a scratch by one but's that's just cause he was jumping around haha <3 Nas, Sawyer, Judah, Myliea, Tidbit, Shay, and many more!! jumping haha 3 nas sawyer judah myliea tidbit shay jumping haha 3 nas sawyer judah myliea tidbit shay jumping haha 3 nas sawyer judah myliea tidbit shay jumping haha 3 nas sawyer judah myliea tidbit shay jumping haha 3 nas sawyer judah myliea tidbit shay
    jumping haha 3 nas sawyer judah myliea tidbit shay
  • blackri... I have ... 2011/04/27 03:37:41
    blackrings70
    Awesome pics!! I love my pit Stella, pic to the left:)
  • I have ... blackri... 2011/04/27 19:25:41
    I have a secret...
    thx! and aww cute!! <3
  • b 2011/04/05 00:51:19
    Yes, they definitely are
    b
    I love my pitbull! They are great dogs if they have a great owner.
  • derek lipinsky 2011/03/30 15:54:46
  • mykel rankin 2011/03/27 21:55:39
    Yes, they definitely are
    mykel rankin
    i think pitbulls are very misunderstood i have 3 pitbulls and 2 children and my pitbulls would never hurt a hair on there heads
  • sarahba... mykel r... 2011/04/11 20:17:52
    sarahbare19
    +2
    if anything the 3 pitbulls will do anything to protect your 2 children
  • Nicholas Bimber 2011/03/24 02:23:36
    Yes, they definitely are
    Nicholas Bimber
    +1
    It's how they are raised and treated! I've seen tiny dogs be very violent and aggressive and on more than one occasion. Its the same as kids, point blank end of story! If you raise a dog to be mean or treat it badly it will be mean scared and confused. Just like a kid a dog only knows what is taught to it or when scared reverts to instinct just like everyone of us. And anyone who thinks different is either brain washed by uneducated people who pry have never even been around a Pitt other than seeing one cross the street. So I think people should take time to see the real Pitt before one judges a whole bread to be deemed violent and aggressive. People judge things by what Joe somebody down the street told them much to often these days instead of being their own person and developing their own opinions, likes, and dislikes. SO TRY IT OUT AND LISTEN TO YOURSELF AND NOT JUST WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS. WE DO THIS MUCH TOO OFTEN IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE. AND THIS APPLIES ALSO TO PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT A PITT TO LOOK COOL BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE HAS ONE WHICH IN MOST CASES IS WHY PITTS ARE MISTREATED AND MISUNDERSTOOD. I SEE THIS MUCH TOO OFTEN AND ITS SAD FOR THE DOG MORE THAN ANYTHING. PITTS ARE DOGS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOG AND PEOPLE SHOULD TREAT THEM WITH THE RESPECT AND LOVE THEY DESE...

It's how they are raised and treated! I've seen tiny dogs be very violent and aggressive and on more than one occasion. Its the same as kids, point blank end of story! If you raise a dog to be mean or treat it badly it will be mean scared and confused. Just like a kid a dog only knows what is taught to it or when scared reverts to instinct just like everyone of us. And anyone who thinks different is either brain washed by uneducated people who pry have never even been around a Pitt other than seeing one cross the street. So I think people should take time to see the real Pitt before one judges a whole bread to be deemed violent and aggressive. People judge things by what Joe somebody down the street told them much to often these days instead of being their own person and developing their own opinions, likes, and dislikes. SO TRY IT OUT AND LISTEN TO YOURSELF AND NOT JUST WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS. WE DO THIS MUCH TOO OFTEN IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE. AND THIS APPLIES ALSO TO PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT A PITT TO LOOK COOL BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE HAS ONE WHICH IN MOST CASES IS WHY PITTS ARE MISTREATED AND MISUNDERSTOOD. I SEE THIS MUCH TOO OFTEN AND ITS SAD FOR THE DOG MORE THAN ANYTHING. PITTS ARE DOGS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOG AND PEOPLE SHOULD TREAT THEM WITH THE RESPECT AND LOVE THEY DESERVE AND NOT LIKE THEY'RE JUST AN OBJECT THAT GIVES THEM STATUS. BELIEVE IT OR NOT DOGS NO MATTER WHAT BREED CAN BE LOVING, GOOD NATURE D, LOYAL AND SMART. AND IN THE SAME NOTE ANY BREAD OF DOG CAN BE MEAN, AGGRESSIVE, VIOLENT, AND DANGEROUS. YES EVEN YOUR LITTLE CUTE TOY POODLE CAN BE AGGRESSIVE AND DANGEROUS.

IT IS ALL ON HOW YOU RAISE, TREAT, AND SHOW AFFECTION TO YOUR DOG NOT ON WHAT KIND OF BREED IT MAY BE. THIS IS JUST LIKE KIDS GROWING UP THESE DAYS. WE BLAME EVERYTHING FOR HOW THEY ACT EXCEPT FOR THE ONE THING THAT IS THE TRUTH AND REALLY MATTERS BECAUSE PEOPLE AVOID THE TRUTH WHEN IT INVOLVES THEM SELF BEING IN THE WRONG. THEY ACT THIS WAY BECAUSE HOW WE TEACH THEM TO ACT AND SO ON AND SO ON. SO WAKE UP PEOPLE AND GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!
  • Yotam Soen Nichola... 2011/09/08 04:35:09
    Yotam Soen
    +1
    a dog is a dog by any other name

William shake spear
  • marie 2011/03/13 20:08:10
    Yes, they definitely are
    marie
    pitbulls are cute and devoted to thier owners. some think that pitbulls are mean and vicious but they're not.it depends on the owners and how they treat them. they r totally misunderstood. how can animals so cute b born visious?
  • AngelNicole 2011/03/10 23:35:05
  • blackri... AngelNi... 2011/04/27 03:40:15
    blackrings70
    Um, hi. I love your post, but did you mean to say they are misunderstood, just wondering:) Pits rule!!!
  • coty 2011/03/08 14:34:59
    Yes, they definitely are
    coty
    pitbulls r kind and caring animals. wen a pitbull attacks something or some1 it is the owners fault for raisin that way.
  • kayla bear coty 2011/03/16 16:07:24
    kayla bear
    +2
    i agree with you 100% i was attacked in november wheni was 14 weeks pregnant by my cousins red nose brindal pit AK. but while the attack was going on my cousins brothers pit bull Chico started attacking AK for attacking me. Zack (AK's owner) did not know how to properly train his pit bull. But Irby (chico's owner) did and i think thats the only thing that saved both me and my baby.
  • BullymaxDogsupplement 2011/02/26 18:00:11
    Yes, they definitely are
    BullymaxDogsupplement
    Pit bulls are one of the most understood breeds in the animal world. This is usually due to misleading media stories and stereotypes about the the breed that are completely untrue. Source: http://www.vitaminsforpitbull...
  • Christian Bullyma... 2011/04/16 19:08:44
    Christian
    +2
    Its funny because thats not even a pitbull on the web site
  • KatieLewis-morgan 2011/02/20 22:39:26
    Yes, they definitely are
    KatieLewis-morgan
    i am inlove with pitbulls i own one and she is my world
  • BrandonBatzel 2011/02/16 08:08:24
    Yes, they definitely are
    BrandonBatzel
    They simply do as they are taught................
  • HopeHasenbeck 2011/02/11 22:06:16
    Yes, they definitely are
    HopeHasenbeck
    Pits are wonderful dogs! I truly believe its how you raise them! its not the dog its the human who owns them!
  • michelleak2002 2011/02/11 04:40:19
    Yes, they definitely are
    michelleak2002
    +1
    I fully beleave pitbulls are misunderstood I have two of them and they are the best dog they were raised around toddlers and I beleave they can be agressive but just like anyother breed of dog if they are raised in a loving home and treated good they are going to be good here in ut they are trying to ban pitbulls and it makes it really hard to find a place if you have one and the dog pound is over run with pitbulls right now because of this reason it is said I would never get rid of my dogs because someone desided they didn't like the breed

2014/10/25 07:24:23