ARE PETS UNHEALTHY TO HAVE IN YOUR HOME?

Joe 2009/02/03 07:56:13
I OWN A DOG AND DON'T FEEL IT IS A PROBLEM BUT I READ AN ARTICLE THE OTHER DAY THAT SAID THAT PETS IN HOMES CAN BE UNHEALTHY ESPECIALLY TO KIDS

• Self - Deactivation. 2009/02/03 08:21:01
    NO
    Self - Deactivation.
    +8
    i have 7 cats, 4 dogs, 2 birds, 2 frogs, a ferret and 2 birds along with a salt water tank and a freshwater tank. health issues occur when a person does not keep after the cleanliness of their pets as well as whatever clean up is needed. if you keep after the litter box, cages, or yard, there should be no problem. i just seem to go through vacuum cleaners fairly quick.

• Joe 2010/03/05 02:06:03
    NO
    Joe
    Pets can help us relax
  • Rabble170 2009/02/10 14:06:49 (edited)
    NO
    Rabble170
    "A researcher from the University of Buffalo conducted a study involving 48 people who were all on medication for hypertension. 24 were given a choice between a dog or a cat to go home and take care of. After caring for the pets for a certain amount of time; blood pressure and heart rates were checked on all 48 participants. Those who had cared for a pet had lower heart rates and lower blood pressure versus the group without pets." Pets are wonderful to have in your home as long as you take the time and responsibility to care for them properly, and studies have shown that it's mostly male cats who mark their territory throughout the house, but this "occurrence" can be reduced if you get them nuetered.

http://www.healthstatus.com/h...

properly studies male cats mark territory house occurrence reduced nuetered
  • No More Commies 2009/02/10 07:19:11
    YES
    No More Commies
    I love my dogs and cats but unfortunately it isn't a good idea to have them in the house unless you can talk someone into runnning the vacum cleaner 6 hours a day. I do let them in for short periods.
  • Gwynodd 2009/02/03 18:53:17
    NO
    Gwynodd
    My oldest Corgi is 11 and the other 9......both sleep in my bedroom at nite. Never had a problem but I'm not a child who plays on the rug or picks up things off the floor and put it into my mouth. Dogs do carry in all sorts of "bad" stuff. However, I don't think having a dog or cat would be bad for a child except if they had an allergy to dander. When having a pet it is very important that you wash your hands after petting them, vacumming the carpet and floors regularly and making sure that the dog or cat has on one of those flea, tick meds.
  • Pat Gwynodd 2009/02/05 04:17:52
  • Turtle Chell 2009/02/03 18:46:52
    NO
    Turtle Chell
    +1
    not in any way shape or form. shape form shape form
  • Joe Turtle ... 2009/02/05 04:12:20
    Joe
    +1
    I COMPLETLY AGREE--GREAT PICTURE
  • Turtle ... Joe 2009/02/05 15:34:00
    Turtle Chell
    thank you!
  • Pat 2009/02/03 15:55:00 (edited)
    NO
    +1
    I have read many articles that say that owning pets can prolong a person's life. Petting a dog or cat actually lowers your blood pressure. On the other hand I suppose it would depend on the kind of pet. petting dog cat lowers blood pressure hand suppose depend pet petting dog cat lowers blood pressure hand suppose depend pet
  • Anna 2009/02/03 09:03:44
    NO
    Anna
    +3
    No Way!!!! where the hell did this come from!! if you ask me, the world has become to hygenic. we need to roll in the dirt more offten. it builds up the immune system.thats the reason that so many people are allergic to shit. because we don't get dirty enough to build up our immune systems.
    NO
    Self - Deactivation.
    +8
  • KTM KING!! 2009/02/03 08:08:54
    YES
    KTM KING!!
    Cats are the most feral of all , they piss just about anywhere and shit in a tray but stinks the whole house out , no thanks no animals in my house only goldfish allowed .
  • Turtle ... KTM KING!! 2009/02/03 18:50:37
    Turtle Chell
    +1
    i don't like cats in my house either. but you should know that cats can be trained just like dogs to go outside to do their business, only there is not a leash law for cats.
  • yvonne ... KTM KING!! 2013/04/07 16:33:11
    yvonne pieterse
    +3
    Not all cats pee everywhere.i have three cats and as long as I had them they never peed in the house.their the most wonderfull pets.

2014/09/02 21:54:39