Are People Really Born Gay or Is It A Choice

chrisjay 2010/11/15 15:02:40
Related Topics: Gay, twin, World
I was sitting down yesterday and thinking about how amazing life and how people can reproduce and create life. Then I thought about identical twins and recalled seeing one scenario where one twin was transgender or they were homosexual and the other one was straight. I found this interesting because in order for people to be "born gay" there would have be something in their DNA that pre-determines their sexual orientation. So if identical twins have the SAME EXACT DNA being that they come from the same egg and the same sperm how is that one twin is gay and other is not if humans are so called "born gay"?

I am convinced that humans are not born gay. They make the choice to become gay or there are external influences such as in take of hormones or viewing of certain things that affect a humans sexual orientation. Identical twins are the perfect example, humans choose who they are not their DNA or identical twins would be carbon personality copies of each other, but they are not. Some people can tell identical twins apart just based on their personalities which are influenced by the outside world. Genetics tell you what you will look like. It's doesn't determine how you think or how you feel....YOU DO.

• JacobXRyshadTheSweetButShyE... 2014/02/22 21:23:58
    BASED ON THE INFORMATION ABOVE I Don't think people are born gay
    JacobXRyshadTheSweetButShyEmoBoy
    nope
  • Παναγιώτης 2014/02/22 19:28:57
    Παναγιώτης
    I do not agree with that, almost everything is a choice in life, very very few things are not a choice and that is not one of them.
    You like men it is your choice to do so as much as you could choose to like women more than men, if someone is were born with a dysfunctional body, that is not a choice. Who you love it is your choice as much as to who you hate, if someone hurts you, you can either move on or get revenge, he/she did not forced you to take revenge for what he/she did to you, I also see that a lot of girls are still with the boys that broke their heart, they could for that but they made their choice to stay with them. (Although they are whining about how there are not good men anymore and still going out with the pathetic little boys).
  • spacehawk 2010/11/15 15:46:05
    BASED ON THE INFORMATION ABOCE I still think people are born gay
    spacehawk
    Twins are not clones. No twin is a 100% copy of the other.
    The info below might make things clear to you,

At conception when an egg is fertilize the fetus begins its life female. It is only due to the exposure within the womb to the male hormone that triggers the transition to male.
    The male sperm has either an X or Y chromosome. The female egg contains an X chromosome. An X and X makes a girl and an X and a Y creates a boy. The Y is the master switch for creating a male so it is the male that determines the gender of the fetus.

The timing and quantities of testosterone will influence the developing male brain in roughly 3 stages; the sex centre, the mating centre and the gender role centre.
    The sex centre is the typical male physical characteristic.
    The mating centre controls sexual behaviour in adult life.
    The gender role centre lays down the network in the brain which control behavior like, levels of aggression v/s timidity, sociability v/s individualism etc

If the amount of male hormone at any of these stages is too low the natural female pattern will survive which is why you can have someone that looks typically male, behaves typically male but is attracted to men, or over exposure to the male hormone in female development could cause a female to develop a male like ...

If the amount of male hormone at any of these stages is too low the natural female pattern will survive which is why you can have someone that looks typically male, behaves typically male but is attracted to men, or over exposure to the male hormone in female development could cause a female to develop a male like brain in any or more of the 3 stages of development, etc.
    The amount need to tip the balance of male hormones is minuscule and measured in thousand-millionth parts of a gram.

What causes this over or under exposure to the male hormones is still theoretical but it could be due to the following.
    1) High amount of stress during pregnancy. War, famine, disease, rape, abuse etc.
    2) Drugs/Medication

The biological cause of homosexuality is therefore no different than any other biologically determined state of being like left handedness or Down-syndrome.

The main problem homosexual’s face is not of their own making, but our intolerance of them which may be biologically wired into our brains as a part of aggressive behavior towards outsiders.
  • chrisjay spacehawk 2010/11/15 16:16:52
    chrisjay
    Thnx for trying to make me understand but...you actually just confused me more. XD I was talking about genetics and how science ( I researched it) says identical twins have the exact same DNA it's just expressed differently. Based on my already known knowledge your traits are because of what is in your DNA. If your are born gay...then that should make it a trait. Such as being blue eyed or being a red head (let me know if this is wrong). If identical twins have the exact same DNA because they come from the same egg and sperm why is it that one twin can be gay and other is not?
    I think of like this. You have two PSPs (same brand). Each one with a 8G memory card and you give them to two different people. One person downloads music and games on theirs. The other downloads malicious viruses onto and drops it a few times. They both started out the same product and looked the same. But their experiences have made them two completely different systems. The second PSP starts to shut down and freeze a lot....was that what the maker of the product intended to happen to the PSP, or did humans with their own motives corrupt it? Was the PSP made to malfunction and freeze or did the dropping it and viruses cause it to shut down?

"The main problem homosexual’s face is not of their own makin...

"The main problem homosexual’s face is not of their own making, but our intolerance of them which may be BIOLOGICALLY wired into our brains as a part of aggressive behavior towards outsiders."

Humans were made to reason and think. The wiring tells us that homosexuality is NOT logical. Why be with someone of the same sex if you are just going to mimic a traditional relationship. Men and woman are made differently for a reason...to complete each other. In every homosexual relationship that I have seen. There is one that plays the softer role and another that plays the more masculine role, just be with another woman if you wanna act like a man or change your sex if you wanna be a woman.

It's sad to say this but people use the bible to fuel their hate for homosexuality which is why this problem will never go away no matter what. Homophobics feel they have God backing them and there is no way they are going to back down. I believe homosexuality is wrong because of the bible also, but I also believe that all humans are brothers and sisters and all deserve to be treated with kindness. Humans have no right to take God's matter into their own hands by killing homosexuals (the bible says you should not kill...follow all or none of it). The battle is between them and God and God being able to read minds and hearts will make the decision as the whether they should be able to live of not. Heterosexuals should stay out of it, but then again homosexuals should stop throwing it in our faces. Why can't we all get along :(
  • spacehawk chrisjay 2010/11/15 16:34:48
    spacehawk
    I am trying to tell you that Twins are not identical. Perhaps their DNA is identical but there are more to life/existence than just DNA.

To use your PSP example. Lets look at the two PSP's before we give them to people. Lets examine them when they come off the track from the factory.
    They will not be 100% the same. There will always be differences.

The same with twins. During the making of the twins, They are twin not single cells their growth will be different.
    They might look the same (most do not) but there will be differences.

I am also not saying that homosexuality is ideal. It is not. Even though the restriction on homosexuality (not being able to reproduce or not having a 'balanced' relationship to bring up kids(debatable)...) more sever than being born left handed, it is very much the same concept.
    Also keep in mind that you can get twins where one is left and the other right handed.

Perhaps most homosexual couples have a 'male' and 'female' role in their relationship but this is very likely due to practicality, I do not know but it is immaterial.
    Quite often you find the partners (even in heterosexual relationships) swap male and female roles depending on situations.

On your comments concerning religion, I can not comment as I am not religious.

I do however believe that we should be tolerant to people who are tolerant to us.
    we should accept people who accept etc etc.
  • chrisjay spacehawk 2010/11/15 16:58:34
    chrisjay
    Understandable....I want people to be happy but only if they want to be happy themselves. The thing is homosexuals know that being homosexual is wrong, and it eats away at their conscious which is why they fight for certain things that they don't need.

1. If you really just want to be with the person you love SHUT UP AND BE WITH THEM.

2. If for some reason now you want to follow the bible and get married, GO TO LAS VEGAS AND GET MARRIED and move on. (But no they want to be able to get married in every state)

3. If you want to have kids PAY A WOMEN TO HAVE YOUR KID FOR YOU or PAY A MAN TO GET YOU PREGNANT (tell him he's off the hook and free but no they want to be able to adopt kids)

4. Remove the DADT law. They say some troops don't want to have to live a lie while they are serving in the army HOW THE HECK IS YOU ANNOUNCING THAT YOUR GAY GOING TO AID IN THE WAR? IF ANYTHING IT WILL ENRAGE PEOPLE AND CAUSE A DIVISION AMONG THE U.S. ARMY AND MAKE IT HARDER TO WIN

5. They say they want people to accept them WHY? SO THEY CAN FEEL LESS GUILTY ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING?

The fact of the matter is when you know 2+2= 4 you're not asking anyone else their opinion because you know it's right and that's that. But when you are unsure and you want to blame someone else for your mistake you ask...

The fact of the matter is when you know 2+2= 4 you're not asking anyone else their opinion because you know it's right and that's that. But when you are unsure and you want to blame someone else for your mistake you ask to person next to you so if you get the answer wrong you can blame them for the problems that occur after wards. Homosexuals don't want to just be happy...they want to force people to accept them and that's not fair that people who don't should be persecuted and yelled out by people who do.

(The large text was not me yelling at you just emphasizing my point XD)
  • spacehawk chrisjay 2010/11/15 17:15:50
    spacehawk
    Our problem with homosexuality lies in your first paragraph.
    Homosexuality is not right or wrong it just is.
    Perhaps not ideal but calling it wrong is not making things right.

Some homosexuals accept the fact that they are homosexuals, in the minority and not ideal gracefully and get on with their lives as best they can.
    My brother-in-law number 2

Others find it more difficult. My dead brother-in-law number 1

1. Why do we as heterosexuals find it so difficult to grant the same rights and passage for marriage to homosexuals?

2. Why should homosexuals not have the ability to get married in any state?

3. There is a saying that 2 happy homes is better than 1 unhappy home. If there is no alternative for a foster child then being raised by a homosexual couple should be better than living without parents.

4. The problem here does not lay with homosexuals but of people's insecurities.
    Why should I as a soldier be worried about a person who has same sex attraction? What the hell does it have to do with me, my life as a soldier and my ability to kill the enemy?
    Some people need to grow up and get some balls rather than throwing toys out their cot because they are scared of a penis.

5. Some homosexuals do feel guilty. They feel guilty because they get treated like second class citizens, get ridi...

My brother-in-law number 2

5. Some homosexuals do feel guilty. They feel guilty because they get treated like second class citizens, get ridiculed for who they are. Some of them hate the fact that they are homosexual and not 'normal'. It is a cruel world out there.
    I would rather be homosexual than be stupid or living with Down syndrome.
    All of us have the choice to be nice or not, being homosexual or heterosexual.
    I accept them for who they are and I expect the same from them. Respect.

Concerning your last paragraph... perhaps that is true for some homosexuals, and it is actually true for some heterosexuals too.
    Let's not generalise.
  • chrisjay spacehawk 2010/11/16 14:39:06
    chrisjay
    I suppose...like I said IDK whether it was to you or not. The world would be an easier place if everyone was heterosexual. If the government were to give homosexuals the privileges that other people have, it would eventually backfire. A sicko just came out with a book about how to be Pedophile. The book includes pictures of adults sleeping with children and graphic sex stories with children. If the government were to seem like they really didn't care whether homosexuals married other people or got the same treatment as other people it would seem as if they were being rewarded for their behavior. (why be treated the same when you are not doing the same thing?) Then people like the person who came out with the book would be like...so if homosexuals can married each other. Why can't i marry a 7 year old? Don't say its impossible because I heard someone ask it out loud. They said if homosexuals can marry eachother because they love one another. Why can't pedopphiles mary a child if the child consents. The people had nothing to say other than the fact that it was morally wrong. Homosexuality is going to lead to problems. It's going to make people think that it's okay to act on the feelings and impulses just because they feel a certain way vs. having control over themselves. No, homosexuality isn't like murder, but it does affect other people.
  • spacehawk chrisjay 2010/11/16 15:21:29
    spacehawk
    The world would be a better place if everything worked perfectly but the world is not perfect and people differ. The sooner we get use to it the better.
    You can not compare paedophilia with homosexuality. You can not compare the results of actions against in support of these to groups.

To be honest with you you will have to have a look at your attitude in general.
    Rewarding their behaviour? What are you saying? Your behaviour is worse than theirs. What are you afraid of? How do homosexuals negatively affect your life?

How on earth can you even think comparing the relationship between same sex people to you marrying a 7 year old. The 2 are completely different scenarios and you know it. You are either extremely stupid or you are just looking for an excuse to hate.

The difference between an adult marrying a 7 year old and 2 mature adults (same sex) marrying each other is? (find the child)

Imagine if what I said in my first post is true.
    Imagine you were born with a sexual attraction to males.
    Imagine that you experience the same love for a male as what another male would feel towards a female.

Is this your problem? Man, no one is perfect. Stop the hate and prejudice and live a little.

I once worked on a far, one of the workers was an hermaphrodite, breasts, penis, looks of a wo...

I once worked on a far, one of the workers was an hermaphrodite, breasts, penis, looks of a woman and strength of a man.
    She was seen as a she. She had a girlfriend she worked with the men.
    With your attitude towards people perhaps I should have killed her?

She was a great person, worked hard, partied hard and loved her partner.
    What is it to me? Be nice.
  • chrisjay spacehawk 2010/11/29 19:31:06
    chrisjay
    +1
    I guess when you believe in something very strongly and you want the best for people you can be misunderstood. I believe that being a homosexual is a sub conscious choice. No one would care if they didn't believe that the situation was going to end badly. People dislike homosexual acts because they believe God dislikes it, not because they believe it effects them. I don't understand why people who dislike homosexuality are considered stupid. Are we not entitled to have certain viewpoints. Not all of us are out there protesting them. SMH at what the world has become. Hate is such a strong word. Why is it considered hate if you don't like something?
  • spacehawk chrisjay 2010/11/29 20:08:54
    spacehawk
    Thank you for your reply.

If being homosexual is a subconscious choice then what is being heterosexual?
    Each one of us is entitled to have an opinion but these opinions must not cause other people misery.
    The view that homosexuality is a choice and a wrong choice form the basis of laws and behaviour against homosexuality. These actions causes misery in the life of homosexuals.

To base morality of homosexuality on religion or personal misinformation (it being a choice) is shifting responsibility and 'blame' of homosexuality as a disease.

That is not right.

I understand your view but I can not agree with you because I have a fundamental understanding that homosexuality is not a choice.
    If it is not a choice then homosexuals deserve as much respect, understanding and rights as heterosexuals.

If I used the term 'stupid' to describe people that do not understand the essence of gender, I apologize.
  • chrisjay spacehawk 2010/12/20 17:28:33
    chrisjay
    It is understandable everyone is entitled to their opinion and their lifestyle. I respect homosexuals and I do not wish for them to be mistreated because at the end of the day no living thing should be mistreated. Even if a person being attracted to the same sex is not a choice. It is choice for them to act on it. Just because you have certain feelings does not mean you should act on him. The first sin was caused by emotions and feelings. Every sin that humans commit is caused by feelings and people carrying them out. For example a person being angry at another. Is it right for that person to kill the other just because they are upset? Or a person that is impoverished and starving, is it right for that person to rob and bank and put other people in danger just because they feel that they have the right to? The answer is no. The same goes for homosexuals. They are constantly asking to be treated like everyone else and have the same rights however when they are it is called homophobia and people who have this are considered to be bad people. What is the name of the phobia where people don't agree with murder and stealing. There is no name because it is considered normal and when you don't think their is anything wrong with this then you are considered to be morally corrupted. The same goes for homosexuality...if you honestly think their is nothing wrong with this then you are morally corrupted.
  • spacehawk chrisjay 2010/12/20 23:09:01
    spacehawk
    there is something wrong with homosexuality, it goes against human survival. Homosexuality is not ideal, nor is a lot of things people are born with but that does not mean they are lesser people than us heterosexuals.

Why should a person that was born with an attraction to his/her same sex not be treated with the same respect and rights as heterosexuals?

What will giving them equal right take from us? Nothing.

Perhaps you think they will influence 'normal' people?
    Well if we really are normal their existence should not interfere with ours.
  • chrisjay spacehawk 2010/12/21 16:28:50
    chrisjay
    +1
    It's not that people believe that homosexuals shouldn't be treated with the same rights...well I don't believe they shouldn't however there are some who believe that by giving homosexuals certain rights you are promoting their lifestyle. Then there comes confusion and gray areas. For example they just had a question on on sodahead about trans gender males with implants. Should they be allowed to walk around without shirts since they are technically still men or should they have to cover up since they have implants. People were confused and had no idea what to do since they didn't want to offend the public with their decision and then they didn't want to be considered homophobic. The government tries to avoid giving them certain rights because then there would be even more problems. They're trying to keep the little bit of peace that they have.

Yes it may be true that homosexuals don't have the same rights as other people, but that doesn't mean they can't get into the same situations as other people. If you want to marry then marry in a state that allows it. You want a child pay a woman to have it for you or marry a friend and have an open marriage and you be with your lover. Being a homosexual is not something that is written across your face like being black or white. If yo...

Yes it may be true that homosexuals don't have the same rights as other people, but that doesn't mean they can't get into the same situations as other people. If you want to marry then marry in a state that allows it. You want a child pay a woman to have it for you or marry a friend and have an open marriage and you be with your lover. Being a homosexual is not something that is written across your face like being black or white. If you're flaunting it around and you get yourself in trouble who's fault is that. You have to respect other people or be ready to deal with the consequences if you don't.

They just repealed the DADT law because they were begging for it to be removed. Now what. There will be nothing but division within in the army because just because you repeal a law doesn't mean people are going to change their attitude. The law in a way served as a protection for homosexuals. There's no doubt in my mind that there will be more hate crimes now
  • spacehawk chrisjay 2010/12/21 22:13:47 (edited)
    spacehawk
    There are good people and there are bad people.

the homosexuals I am talking about, lets take the army, is a soldier firstly.
    Being homosexual with the same rights as heterosexual people do and should come with the same responsibilities.

The same respect and discipline between a male and female soldier should be practice by a heterosexual and homosexual soldier.

The be male with implants and walking around without a shirt shows disrespect and childish behaviour and should not be allowed.

The be a homosexual soldier and flirting with heterosexual soldiers should be a crime and punished.

The instances we are talking about would be in the minority and should be punished.
    Same rights and same laws and equal respect. Those things should go hand in hand.
    ----

there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Giving equal right is the right thing to do, giving equal treatment is right, equal laws and punishment is good.
    Equal respect is good.

One thing I forgot to mention:

I do not think that the repeal of the DADT law is going to make one bit of difference.
    Any homosexual that applies to join the army would be a soldier at heart. It should be natural to him/her to have respect, be mindful and understanding. If they don't they do not belong in the army and should be kicked out.

Same goes ...

----

Equal respect is good.

One thing I forgot to mention:

Same goes for heterosexual soldiers.

A finger is needed to pull a trigger, loyalty not sexuality is a necessity for that finger.
  • kait chrisjay 2012/03/11 13:45:55
    kait
    +2
    Why shouldn't they have the same rights as a male and female couple? They are still human beings. You may not like it but it's not your decision who someone is attracted to. That being said why should a gay couple have to go to a separate state to get married? And besides when they come home, back to their state that doesn't allow it, the marriage isn't there anymore, it doesn't exist. I don't understand why someone can control this part of someone's life. What if it was the other way around, males and females couldn't he married because it "wasn't right"
    So you go to a different state which allow that marriage, you get married and go back home but it doesn't exist anymore. You would be pretty cheesed off wouldn't you. That you don't get that right.
    So why don't we all stop with the hate, give the rights, and quit asking dumb questions about whether a person is born this way and chose to be this way.
    And I'm not just picking on you, a lot of people were talking about the marriage thing.
  • chrisjay kait 2012/03/12 17:26:12
    chrisjay
    My post was written a long time ago and honestly I can say I don't care whether people are born gay or not or the rights they have...I truly don't. I even forgot about this post.
  • Double A spacehawk 2010/11/15 16:52:51
    Double A
    +1
    That makes a lot of sense actually! Thank you! :)
  • spacehawk Double A 2010/11/15 16:57:00
    spacehawk
    Glad to share my research.
    Research thanks to my mother in-law who's 3 adoptive kids all had various degrees of homosexuality.
    Now my wife and my two brother-in-laws.
  • Double A spacehawk 2010/11/15 17:06:06
    Double A
    +1
    Oh okay. Yeah most gay people, myself included have always been gay like I never knew anything else so I think most are born. But I also think some choose later on due to different reasons. Either way who cares, love is love!
  • Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~ 2010/11/15 15:38:04
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    +1
    Well I love the way you worded your answers.

It's neither! It's also both. It's also something else altogether!
    It's a combination of genetics (a predisposition, such like with alcoholism, smoking, etc), choice (choosing to act on those impulses, urges, etc), and above all else - environment.

Environment has the biggest impact on us growing up, even with twins, often times parents don't want them to grow up to be two halves of the same person (though I've seen that happen) so they try to raise them differently with some interesting results.
    Anyway, genetics is basically our predisposition to things, our starting point. As a child we have no concept of sex or sexuality, it's something we learn growing up - we are exposed to it. If you lock a kid in a room for 13 years will his body have urges? Yes. Will he know what to do about it? Not a clue.
    Hell if he doesn't know what anyone but himself looks like that might lead to something rather interesting.

Anyway, environment makes to greater impact because it's our learning period. It's how we learn, adapt. If it was all genetic, we would have died out long ago.

Therefore it's a combo of Genetics (the starting point, or predisposition), Choice (what we choose to act on) and Environment (what we learn growing up).

Though I have...

Though I have seen people right out choose to be gay. Once because he was going after this girl for so long and she kept on rejecting him that he just got tired of it and became gay. I'm serious, became gay. Never looked at another girl after that. But he was seriously in love with this girl. She just didn't love him back.
  • spacehawk Surgeon... 2010/11/15 15:49:07
    spacehawk
    Just a quick comment on your last paragraph.
    Even though all of us have the ability to be gay it is just much more natural/easy for some because of their genetic make-up.

See my reply above. .
  • Surgeon... spacehawk 2010/11/15 15:54:48 (edited)
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    +1
    Somehow, I don't think any of what you said fit this guy. It's not that I completely disagree with what you said because you bring up some good points. However, if you knew they guy like I did, I'd think you'd see why this doesn't fit.

Esp. seeing as how he locking himself up in his room for a year (I didn't think that was relevant, so I didn't mention it). In other words, it didn't just poof happen, I'm quite sure it's something he worked hard to get to because he really started to (what would be the right word) dislike women because of this girl. I mean he wouldn't even come out to talk to me, the girl who's the opposite of every other girl to ever walk the face of the earth (stupid long-ass nick name). *facepalms*
    My point is, I don't think what said applies to that specific situation although I don't doubt it applies for many others so I do appreciate the implication.

What I mean is, the implication that we all have the ability to change our sexuality if we have the strong enough desire or if our genetic make-up makes it easier for us.
    I am one such case myself so I can't deny what you said. Mine made it perfectly easy to change my sexuality (or lack thereof) with some backup from my Environment of course and not to mention it was my choice.

Derp, this was longer than I wanted. XD
  • spacehawk Surgeon... 2010/11/15 15:57:49
    spacehawk
    Perhaps, there are always the exceptions.
    It is incredible what a loss of love can make some people do.
  • Surgeon... spacehawk 2010/11/15 16:10:06
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    Indeed. By the way, made an edit. Probably an unneeded one but it's there if you wanna read it.
    Love is a powerful motivator be it negative or positive. But I believe it's worth the risk a lot of the time. While I did lose touch with this guy, you never know he may end up meeting someone - guy or girl - because of this despite his current lifestyle. At least he treats women better these days (so I hear, he still refuses to talk to me). I hope so, otherwise he's so gonna end up dead in a gutter...

But you're right, love makes us do crazy things but the loss of it, then may God have mercy on us all. >.>
  • spacehawk Surgeon... 2010/11/15 16:17:11
    spacehawk
    Thank you for pointing out to your edit.
    Personally I think there are various degrees of sexuality. His perhaps closer to female, who knows. I do not think we will ever completely understand sexuality.

Each to their own I believe.
  • randy 2010/11/15 15:36:46
    randy
    Who knows? I do find it hard to believe that there is homo or hetero sexual attraction at birth though.
  • Mr. Rock "n" Roll 2010/11/15 15:27:07
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    Yes and No
    I think that some are born with a flaw in their genes or DNA that cause them to have gender problems. I also think that the media, and entertainment industry confuses the issue by making homosexuality appear to be a normal life style. This, in many cases, may appear to our youth as a life style choice rather than something that is essentially a birth defect.
  • chrisjay Mr. Roc... 2010/11/15 15:54:40
    chrisjay
    I find it weird that most people question their sexuality during their teen years....a time when your hormones and God knows what else are flying around in your body and going crazy or later on in their life during some form of Menopause...another time when your body is having a hormone imbalance. I used to think it was a Lesbian because I was constantly looking at women and would get turned on watching starts such as Shakira and Beyonce dancing. When my cycle would come on those feelings would go away.... I assume because my cycle was balancing out the hormones.

If people have urges during this time and automatically say "oh crap I'm gay" then those feelings will not go away, because you won't let them. The mind is capable of so many things. The mind can give you a rash and make you throw up blood if you convince it that there is something wrong with you (watch House episode "Airborne" a whole bunch of people stared throwing up and making them self sick because they scared themselves). You can make yourself horny just by thinking about it. Do you honestly think you can't force yourself to be attracted to the same sex if you keep telling yourself that that's the way it was intended for you to be?

By the way I am no longer attracted to females...I only look at men now (its so na...

By the way I am no longer attracted to females...I only look at men now (its so natural and automatic, I laugh at the thought of me being a lesbian) because I decided that I am in control of my sexuality and my actions...not my hormones. Men are beautiful...you just have to sit down and figure out what you want to do with yourself
  • Melian Nienor 2010/11/15 15:04:38
    Melian Nienor
    I'm sure they don't think.. hey I wanna be gay today. The next I'ma be straight and then I'm going to be bi and then gay again.
  • chrisjay Melian ... 2010/11/15 15:06:44 (edited)
    chrisjay
    but how can you be born gay without it being in your DNA? Unless the hormones in the food are making humans gay? Studies show that the human mind has different parts 2 it. Humans have the ability to repress memories and blackout and science shows they still function in their subconscious mind. But those thoughts are not able to access the conscious mind unless we work hard to retrieve that information, such as therapy sessions. Maybe their subconscious mind IS SAYING I wanna be gay today, but they don't try to access those thoughts because then that would prove that people choose to be gay and the world would hate homosexuals even more.

Another situation is that if people were born gay and it was in their DNA it would have to passed as a trait from their parents, grandparents, or great grand parents. An if it was, homosexuals would not be here right now because you cant reproduce with the same sex.
  • Melian ... chrisjay 2010/11/15 15:08:15
    Melian Nienor
    I'm pretty sure they are born gay. Let's ask a gay person, yes?
  • chrisjay Melian ... 2010/11/15 15:17:26 (edited)
    chrisjay
    +1
    Ask me...I can tell you that I am gay 40 year old male the lives in California and me and my partner are getting married in two weeks. Do you believe me?

My point is that people lie all the time to cover themselves. I know millions of people that say they were born gay. How do you know what you were born unless you studied your DNA? Most people can't even remember pass 5 unless a traumatic event happened. Humans can't even remember whether they were born black or white. You assume so. When you were younger you didn't even know what Gay was. You couldn't even say it let alone know that's what you were. So if your born gay prove it! Just because you say it doesn't make it so. Being gay is like being a nail bitter. Yeah its like second nature and you have no idea what triggers the feeling for you to chew your fingers off but its almost always external, but with the right mind set, you can accomplish almost anything that involves something mental if you have the ability and the want to reason. There are people with male Pseudohermaphroditism who think they are woman and are shocked when they find out they are not. Why didn't they know they were born with testicles inside them if people can know whether they were born gay or not? The truth is you can't know what you were born.

I re...

I really don't care whether people are gay...i honestly don't. It's just that I hate hypocrites. They talk about how they are gay and proud, but they use being born gay as crutch to make people feel bad for them, which means they are not proud of their choice other wise they would own up to their decision. I think this is logical reasoning.

I would like to friends afterward so please lets keep it clean and without anger....
    :D
  • Melian ... chrisjay 2010/11/15 15:22:08 (edited)
    Melian Nienor
    Possibly. I'm sure a person wouldn't lie about if they choose to be gay or not.
  • chrisjay Melian ... 2010/11/15 16:27:17
    chrisjay
    I've met someone who has...in the face of others they always say I was born gay...but when they're family asked them. They said that's what they choose but they thought people would feel more sympathetic if they thought they had no choice...and they were right.
  • Tucker chrisjay 2010/11/15 16:05:15
    Tucker
    Kudos for your post. I don't see why it really maters unless someone is trying to justify whom they are or are not. I'm not gay, I have many friends who are and have not gotten a conclusive answer yet. I'm ok with it, this is one subject they have beat to death, the reality is be who you want to be for what ever reason, it's ok.
  • chrisjay Tucker 2010/11/15 16:25:33
    chrisjay
    +1
    I guess I do care because I feel later on this war with homosexuals and heterosexuals is going to get uglier and I know it won't happen but ...I just wish all homosexuals whether they were born that way or not would just magically turn straight so they could get married and have children and the world would be full of sunshine....XD
  • Tucker chrisjay 2010/11/15 16:36:57
    Tucker
    I care as well but I have a problem being someone whom you are not to get what you want. I feel things are comming around, a bit slower than many would like to see. People hang on to old ideas that have been passed along as the truth. Many suffer as a result of that thinking. I know of a gay who has full custidy(sp) od his two children. I think a piece of paper is given to much importance at this point. I think a change in thinking is coming.:)
  • Mr. Roc... chrisjay 2010/11/15 15:38:07
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    How about parents that give birth to a Down syndrome child, or child with other birth defects caused by chromosomal disorders. This happens in families having no history of the problem. Science does not know the answer today but assuredly, in the future they will. A healthy normal baby is born with all the proper pieces in the proper places to create a male or a female. When nature goes wrong and the pieces are misplaced or missing the result is far different.
  • chrisjay Mr. Roc... 2010/11/15 16:23:20
    chrisjay
    So you're saying homosexuals are a mistake and they shouldn't be here?...jk :)

Down Syndrome people and homosexuals are completely differently. Down syndrome people are mentally disabled as well as physically. Some so badly they don't have the ability to reason. Homosexuals are normal functioning people who have the ability to reason. They are not mentally disabled

2014/04/23 04:57:33