Are Mixed Race People the Most Beautiful?

The ultimate American beauty is no longer blond, blue-eyed and busty.

According to an Allure magazine survey, 64 percent of women and men think women of mixed race represent the epitome of beauty, Stylelist reports.

Respondents' picks for "most beautiful" female stars include the biracial Halle Berry, as well as Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock and Jessica Alba.

Picks for most beautiful male star include Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds, Matthew McConaughey, Harrison Ford and Hugh Jackman.

Today's beauty icons have darker hair and skin and curvier figures than they did two decades ago, when Christie Brinkley was named "most beautiful" in an identical survey.

In fact, 70 percent of those who wish to change their skin color would like it to be darker; 74 believe that a curvier body type is more appealing now than it has been over the past 10 years; and 69 percent believe there is no such thing as an "all-American look."

What do you think? Does Halle Berry define the word "beautiful" in 2011?

Read More: http://www.stylelist.com/2011/03/09/mixed-race-ame...

• hotice 2012/12/10 21:55:32
    hotice
    dafuq??!! lol
  • Dynasty Fighter 2012/05/06 03:45:53
  • sari boehm 2011/11/08 03:42:31
    sari boehm
    i'm mixed race, I'm a quarter black, a quarter samoan/pacific islander, irish, german and french. I always find that mixed race people are sooooo beautiful but i think full white people can be drop dead gorgeous too. the funny thing is though, despite my african-american and pacific island decent, i'm really light skinned!
  • mshorty16 2011/11/03 15:11:55
    mshorty16
    Well im of a mixed race. I think we hold too much power in the race and color of people. Beauty is perception. If the media perceives that Hailey Berry is attractive it makes you feel the same, cause everyone is like wow she is beautiful. Kim Kardashain is a mix as well with curves. I think beauty really has nothing to do with color or what your mix is. Beauty is also based on science. Being seen as beautiful means that you have healthy traits. Like women with large breasts and wide hips aka "curves" are perceved to be more healthy because they can birth and feed there young. I think it really goes back to the biological need to mate and find the healthest partner. Since your mixed your like a hybrid. Making you seem healthier which is perceived as beauty.
  • Ben 2011/10/18 00:24:50
    Ben
    Yes, in my opinion inter-racial persons tend to be more attractive than those of a set race whose ancestry trails back for hundreds of years. Just recently for my college level psychology class I had to write a paper on what beauty actually is. It can be defined as a whole myriad of things, but the point I want to focus on is the symmetry of an inter-racial persons' facial structure. You see, over the millennia, man has evolved into believing that those with healthy genes tend to posses symmetrical facial features, and will seek to mate with those with the same symmetrical facial features. And so, after years and years of natural selection, we have the end results. Several different races ranging from White to Asian, from Black to Latino.

(BEGIN READING HERE FOR THE ACTUAL ANSWER IS YOU WANT TO SKIP THE ESTABLISHMENT OF MY THESIS AND OPENING PARAGRAPH) So, what happens when you combine two or more of these races together? Well, genetic potential occurs, that's what. Within every human being, they hold the genetics for the most symmetrical facial features,which also dictates physical markers for beauty (e.g. Breast size for women, Phallic size for men, muscle and bone density, a healthy auto-immune system, etc). So, by "mixing" these two races together, the two different gen...

(BEGIN READING HERE FOR THE ACTUAL ANSWER IS YOU WANT TO SKIP THE ESTABLISHMENT OF MY THESIS AND OPENING PARAGRAPH) So, what happens when you combine two or more of these races together? Well, genetic potential occurs, that's what. Within every human being, they hold the genetics for the most symmetrical facial features,which also dictates physical markers for beauty (e.g. Breast size for women, Phallic size for men, muscle and bone density, a healthy auto-immune system, etc). So, by "mixing" these two races together, the two different genetic codes, will explode in a fiery combination, and create the best end result possible. The genes of the two races will compound on positive attributes, and in most cases eliminate negative attributes.

As is alluded to in the article's description, the epitome of beauty changes over the years. Gone is the concept that "The ultimate American beauty is...-blond, blue-eyed and busty". As is further pointed out, more and more people wish to have a darker complexion. This is a fascinating event in socio-adaptive biology. Let me explain. With the advent of global warming, Ultraviolet radiation has been at an all-time high, and skin cancer appears to be on the rise (I DID NOT CITE A CREDIBLE SOURCE FOR THESE POINTS ON GLOBAL WARMING. YOU MAY CALL ME OUT ON THIS IF YOU SO WISH). Therefore, a darker skin tone is beneficial for human survivability, and assists in reducing the risk from skin cancers. This presents a fascinating change in the societal evolution of attractiveness. Now, there are people who are actually having "procedures" to darken their skin color, and in so doing make themselves more attractive. In conclusion, I have no idea why in the heck I added this last paragraph as it has no validity in proving my point. The bulk of my supporting statement is in paragraph two. Anyways, thanks for reading this far.
  • Jensola 2011/08/01 13:49:13
    Jensola
    +1
    Usually... when you get the olive/caramel coloured skin with light coloured eyes and sleek black hair, it often equals a very beautiful looking woman. I personally prefer white men though.
  • Jesus is the Messiah 2011/05/05 18:22:57
    Jesus is the Messiah
    +1
    Anything mixed with Black is the Most Beautiful IMO.
  • Kim 2011/04/12 23:16:37
    Kim
    +1
    Some of the most stunning actresses are mixed blood. It doesn't mean they are the most "beautiful" just the most interesting and their faces get more attractive as you look at them.

Here is my list in no order. This is from the information online

Halle Berry (White/black)
    Kristin Kreuk (Dutch/Chinese)
    Mei Melancon (French/Chinese/Japanese)
    Devon Aoki (Japanese/White)
    Jessica Gomes (Singaporean/Portuguese)
    Kiko Mizuhara (French/Japanese0
    Maggie Q (French/Vietnamese)
    Thandie Newton (Zimbabwe/Bristish)
    Lisa Bonet (Jewish/black)
    Rashida Jones (Black/White)
    Rosario Dawson (Puerto Rican, Black, Cuban, Irish and Native American)
  • lexcii 2011/03/29 18:13:31
    lexcii
    +1
    all races r beautiful...and for the person who said mixed people are and abomination..that was a stupid thing to say
  • Mara 2011/03/20 18:52:34
    Mara
    +1
    Yes. I would say this true. I think we're all intended to "mix" sooner or later.
  • Saphirra 2011/03/15 06:31:39
    Saphirra
    +1
    I think ALL TYPES OF PEOPLE are BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥ 2011/03/15 03:41:21
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    I am mixed..LOL My girls are Hawaiian Japanese, Chinese and white ..They are gorgeous
    mixed lol girls hawaiian japanese chinese white gorgeous Hawaiian portugess girls
  • Jensola Pearlie... 2011/08/01 13:50:17
    Jensola
    +2
    They're little beauties already! :)
  • Pearlie... Jensola 2011/08/01 16:02:13
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    Thanks:^))
  • sari boehm Pearlie... 2011/11/08 03:44:55
    sari boehm
    +4
    so beautiful!!!!! they look like my cousins. we are polynesian, black, french, german, and irish!
    love love love(:
  • Pearlie... sari boehm 2011/11/08 07:14:36
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    Wow ! We have good genes..LOL Aloha nui loa.
  • jake.bo... Pearlie... 2012/07/04 16:28:56
    jake.born.98
    +3
    They're cute but the White race is at risk of dying off and part of your childrens beauty comes from that source alone. I love all races and don't wish death on anyone but influential people, namely anti-White jews, are actively promoting the destruction of:
    cute White girl
  • Wendy 2011/03/15 02:07:50
    Wendy
    +1
    Your race doesn't determine your beauty. Yes Halle Berry is beautiful, but not just because of her race, she is beautiful inside and out. Everyone is beautiful, there are different types of beauty and every single one of them have something special about them. White, black, hispanic, middle eastern, oriental, and indegenous e.t.c. all of us are beautiful.
  • JimTheGeek 2011/03/11 16:30:23
    JimTheGeek
    +3
    They are an abomination. They are diluting the gene pool of the white race.
  • seee.ni... JimTheGeek 2011/03/12 02:17:53
    seee.nicolee.
    +6
    kill yourself.
  • Ben JimTheGeek 2011/10/18 02:26:20
    Ben
    +3
    An Aryan I presume? It's hard to tell if you're joking or not.
  • John Harry JimTheGeek 2013/05/06 21:17:05
    John Harry
    +3
    I am mixed of white and black race and i'm proud of both side of me, if you have a broblem with mixed people BRING IT ON!!!?
  • John Harry JimTheGeek 2013/05/06 21:20:10
    John Harry
    +3
    In fact i only like mixed race people either than my parents,white people are not that attractive like you think they are sadly...
  • SharkKiller 2011/03/11 16:29:40
    SharkKiller
    +1
    Without doubt. During my career in the Corps, I can't tell you how many absolutely stunning women I've met in other parts of the world of mixed race desent. Here in the good ole USA one has to look no further than some of the folks mentioned above. Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez...what can be said? *sigh*
  • ☆Snapefangirl☆ 2011/03/11 16:19:49
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    Beauty doesn't depend on ethnicity. It depends on the individual's and culture's perception of beauty. For example, I think the man in this picture is fairly attractive, especially if one considers the fact that he's around 50 . However, I know that they may be some people who because of individual or cultural perception of beauty may find him unattractive. attractive considers 50 people individual cultural perception beauty unattractive Eduardo Yanez
  • Leonard... ☆Snapef... 2011/03/11 16:33:15
    Leonard Henderson
    Used to be, when you saw a picture like that, the guy had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Beautiful people smoking cigarettes. Yeah. So the association people made was if they wanted to be in the "in crowd" they had to smoke.
  • Kim ☆Snapef... 2011/04/19 20:23:25
    Kim
    +1
    you think this guy is good looking? he's kind of cheesy. But technically good looking.
  • ☆Snapef... Kim 2011/04/19 21:49:54
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    He's pretty good-looking compared to most men around his age.
  • Sonia 2011/03/11 16:13:16
    Sonia
    +2
    it is not necessary, there are mixed races who can be ugly too.
  • Linda Deaton 2011/03/11 15:51:32
    Linda Deaton
    +1
    In so many cases this is true. I wish there had been another choice along with yes or no.
    The skin is usual a real pretty tan color, the hair is also soft and curly and I have seen blue eyes in mixed races. The women are more attractive than the men. I don't know why this is.
  • Ozzyboy 2011/03/11 15:49:47
    Ozzyboy
    Not necessarily. Some just think they are. Sandra Bullock is one of the most beautiful because she isn't full of herself. That makes her a beauty! Megan Kelly is gorgeous also.
    Halle Berry define beautiful - not so much with her recent comments - definitely NOT beautiful.
  • VX 2011/03/11 15:47:45
    VX
    Sometimes. It is not possible to say for certain as different cultures will vary on what is or is not the "beauty" standard EXCEPT with very few exceptions the is a standard of health that is world wide. Allue magazine is not read by a wide enough cross section of the total population and there is also the Tan as evidence of health that is disappearing.
  • photodude 2011/03/11 15:14:27
    photodude
    absolutely but I am bias lol

Actually there are beautiful people from every culture
  • jasmine1 2011/03/11 15:07:58
    jasmine1
    I do not know where they got their stats from but there is beauty in all. I do not see more beauty in mixed races. Not at all.
  • John Harry jasmine1 2013/05/06 21:23:41
    John Harry
    +3
    that is because you are not a perfection of nature like them, i'm mixed and i believe in my beauty
  • jasmine1 John Harry 2013/05/07 15:15:07
    jasmine1
    I said "I do not see MORE beauty in mixed races. There is beauty in ALL. That includes you. How do you know what I look like?
  • joe 2011/03/11 15:06:29
    joe
    +1
    I think my dog looks like my wife and I think my wife is beautiful.
  • Pat 2011/03/11 14:38:45
    I always thought if God turned out the lights for 100 years we would all be tan and there would be no race issues. Of course I suppose people would find something else to be angry about! I have two mixed grandchildren and they are beautiful. I think everyone is beautiful in their own way. Maybe it is just in mixed people we all see what we like best about ourselves.
  • Leonard... Pat 2011/03/11 16:09:03
    Leonard Henderson
    I remember an old Star Trek show where 2 neighboring planets had a long race war going on. Both groups were half black- half white. Captain Kirk was confused. One of the combatants explained that being white on the left side was superior to those who were white on their right side. white captain kirk confused combatants explained white superior white
  • MedTime Leonard... 2011/03/12 21:01:58
    MedTime
    +1
    Half Black or Half White???

The zebra looked into a pool of water and saw his reflection. He was confused. He looked up to the heavens and asked, "God? Am I white with black stripes or black with white stripes?"

To his surprise, God answered back, "You is what you is".

The zebra could not understand that answer. He walked a while and saw an elephant. He told the elephant what God said and asked if he could explain the answer.

The elephant said, "It's obvious, you're black with white stripes. If you were white with black stripes, God would have said 'You are what you are'

2014/10/31 10:46:58