Are Co-Ed Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties Cool, or Ruining a Tradition?

Catch My Party 2012/07/27 16:00:00
In this day and age, can’t we all let loose and celebrate together?
It’s your last hurrah, it needs to be just you and your BFs getting crazy!
I’ve been to both, and personally I prefer a traditional bachelorette party. How often do you get to have that much fun with just your girlfriends? Those are memories I will never forget.

Need some fun bachelorette party ideas?

Read More: http://catchmyparty.com/

• Melody 2012/07/27 22:44:03
    Melody
    +10
    Or how about we celebrate our upcoming MARRIAGE with something other than INFIDELITY, hm? Sick

• addie xcide13 2012/07/28 08:41:34
    addie
    +1
    was it coed?
  • xcide13 addie 2012/07/28 16:16:17
    xcide13
    +2
    Oh yeah. My wife, two sister-in-laws, two brothers, and the rest of the bridal party were there. The women went into town to shop while we fished. Then we all went swimming together and cooked out all night...best time i'd had in a while.
  • addie xcide13 2012/07/28 17:22:21
    addie
    +2
    Wow, sounds like you should start a, Bridal Shower throwing, business!
  • xcide13 addie 2012/07/28 21:11:15
    xcide13
    +2
    Oh, that would be my wife's dream business. She and i planned and paid for our entire wedding while both working full time jobs and going to school full time. She made all of the invitations by hand(not some computer program crap), handcrafted all of the flowers, her mother made her dress(out of dotted swiss), and i cooked the rehearsal dinner(for over 50 people)...just to name a few of the ways we had a wedding that would normally cost well over 50,000 dollars for less than 5,000. We sometimes see these wedding shows where the budget is 30 to 50 K and are like HA...doesn't even compare to ours!
  • addie xcide13 2012/07/28 22:19:15
    addie
    +2
    That is amazing!
  • xcide13 addie 2012/07/28 22:48:16
    xcide13
    +2
    Thank you ma'am. It was better than anything i could've imagined...
  • addie xcide13 2012/07/28 23:45:10
    addie
    You two must be a good match to have come up with that start your married lives! Had you been friends for a while?
  • xcide13 addie 2012/07/29 20:09:39
    xcide13
    +1
    We'd been dating for about 3 years...but we are a good match.
  • debhead 2012/07/28 03:47:00
    debhead
    +2
    Too many "traditions" have fallen by the wayside. Let's hold on to some of these.
  • Kyle 2012/07/28 02:53:31
    Kyle
    +1
    I prefer traditional Bachelor/Bachelorette parties.
  • BlutandEhre 2012/07/28 02:28:07
    BlutandEhre
    +2
    You're supposed to be able to sow your last wild oat with your freunds. LOL
  • ttfndude 2012/07/28 02:10:39
    ttfndude
    +3
    because personally married life is very hard and requires work so why not let loose every chance you get.......my wife is out gettin freaky now with her gf's.....I know who she's comin home to
  • El Prez 2012/07/28 01:54:45
    El Prez
    +4
    Keep it traditional!!!
  • Jalex 2012/07/28 01:33:08
    Jalex
    +3
    God damn it. I didn't want to vote at all, I only meant to click on the picture.
  • debhead Jalex 2012/07/28 03:50:01
    debhead
    +1
    Lol You didn't have to comment then. Why be mad?
  • Jalex debhead 2012/07/28 09:20:16 (edited)
    Jalex
    +1
    Because I'm paranoid, and I fear somebody will see my answer to this question as a reflection of my personal beliefs, as all others are (and I'm really only mad at myself).
  • debhead Jalex 2012/08/08 15:40:08
    debhead
    Don't worry what other people think. I have a guy ranting at me on here for my answer to a different question. He's come blazing with both barrells but who cares? That's what this website is all about. People are diverse and have personal opinions. Doesn't make you wrong. Some people get pretty irrate and nitpicky here. Just goes with the territory. They can't hurt you unless you take it personal. You havve a right to your opinion so don't be afraid to voice it. If someone disagrees check out the validity of their. arguement and if you don't agree screw em lol. Its that simple. Have fun!!
  • the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/28 01:01:59
    the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I knew a few girls who loved going to the strip clubs.yes they were.
  • jc 2012/07/28 00:41:04
    jc
    +1
    I've had allot of fun at traditional bachelor parties.Perhaps throwing the brides hot friends in the mix might have been interesting too.Don't know,never been.
  • Ramón 2012/07/28 00:34:02
    Ramón
    +1
    Hmmm. They needed a third option.

I never went to bachelor parties, though I did get dragged to (and I do mean dragged) less than reputable bars when I hung out with the guy with the car in the Navy. Once in the car he changed his mind about where we were going (restaurant of some sort) and drove to a full-nude bar. I stayed in the car (it was zero degrees in Maine) until I was so cold I had to force myself to move. I went inside to order a hot coffee to warm up, my coffee hit the table and my friend said it was time to go. I didn't get to see the show, or drink my coffee, but he turned the heater on as we drove back to the ship.
  • Wulfdane 2012/07/28 00:32:30 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +1
    I would laugh at such a suggestion if were made to me, they are good traditions.

Only the insecure have a problem.
  • CAPISCE 2012/07/28 00:22:45
    CAPISCE
    +3
    If a future husband is that pussy whipped already my advice is to run and don't stop running. Bring on the strippers
  • Blutand... CAPISCE 2012/07/28 03:00:20
    BlutandEhre
    +1
    lolzzz we'd get along great!
  • shanda 2012/07/28 00:07:53
    shanda
    Sounds like more fun!
  • Kingarthurup 2012/07/27 22:45:48
    Kingarthurup
    some traditions are good...others, like liberal idiocy are bad
  • clasact 2012/07/27 22:44:25
    clasact
    +1
    I dont see anything worng with it but I could see it getting out of hand quick,guess the number one rule would be what happens here stays here
  • Melody 2012/07/27 22:44:03
    Melody
    +10
  • GLaDOS Melody 2012/07/28 02:27:26 (edited)
    GLaDOS
    +1
    You consider going out to a bar or club with friends to be infidelity? That's kind of crazy.
  • Melody GLaDOS 2012/07/28 02:37:04
    Melody
    +6
    No, but hiring strippers, going crazy in Vegas, and referring to your party as your "last night of freedom," are definitely acts of infidelity. People don't act like they actually care about the COMMITMENT they are making and just go nuttybars over booze and butts.
  • GLaDOS Melody 2012/07/28 02:42:12
    GLaDOS
    +4
    Unless they actually go and sleep/make out/etc. with another person, then I don't see how it's infidelity. Referring to it as your last night of freedom is moreso, "After tonight, I'm going to have someone I have to be responsible for, and responsible to." Makes sense to call it that, and make it an excuse to have a party. Quite frankly, if there are strippers, it should be the best man/maid of honor's fault, because they're the ones who're supposed to arrange those.
  • diarslade GLaDOS 2012/07/28 02:45:30
    diarslade
    +3
    So true...that said. As a potential groom, if my best man got strippers (and he probably would) I'd leave. Just not into that sort of thing...if they want to enjoy free booty for a night, and take jello shots off some hot chick it's their business.
  • Melody GLaDOS 2012/07/28 02:59:49
    Melody
    +2
    Yes but anything of the sort (strippers, crude props) shouldn't even be considered by the supposed best friend, and if they are, the future bride or groom should reject. "Last night of freedom" usually means, to them, a free pass to all the butts and boobs they want in one night, and that outlook of "getting it all in before the vows" is sick.
  • GLaDOS Melody 2012/07/28 03:06:13
    GLaDOS
    +1
    Really? I'm pretty sure that none of the married men I know did things like that. In general, they just flirt, or drink, and the bachelorette may end up getting a few toys, but meh, they're toys. And, there's nothing wrong with strippers, they have to make money, too, as long as there are no shenanigans in the Champagne Room.

• diarslade Melody 2012/07/28 03:08:32
    diarslade
    +2
    I can agree with you there. At least to a point. The night...the Bachelor party is really...more about the groomsmen than the groom. Hence why it's called a Bachelor party. Since technically you stop being a bachelor when you start dating a woman seriously, let alone propose to her. Personally? If my best man got a bunch of strippers...I'd tell him to have fun and leave. It's just not my thing, but I won't judge them for enjoying themselves. That said...other grooms that want to stick around...meh. I wouldn't go as far as to call it sick.
  • Melody diarslade 2012/07/28 03:14:46
    Melody
    +3
    I would because it is sick, even if you are single, to encourage stripping, and living "flower to flower." Sleeping around, visualizing women (and men) as simply objects of attraction... it's all messed up.
  • diarslade Melody 2012/07/28 03:24:59
    diarslade
    +3
    It's sick when you ONLY view them as objects of attraction. My girl friend...she is beautiful. It was the first thing I noticed about her when I saw her. (Granted I knew her online prior to actually seeing her) but that doesn't change the fact that her boobs really drew my attention lol. However...I still saw her as a woman, a person, but I still objectify her, especially in the bedroom. When I look at a female celeb...I think they are attractive...that is a form of objectification...probably even more so because rarely do people actually see celeb's as people...but as celebs. The trick is realizing you need to see them as MORE than -just- an object.

I do agree living "flower to flower" and sleeping around is bad...horrible. Especially when you're supposed to be in a relationship. That's not what we're talking about here though. So a guy is getting married and they go to a strip club with a bunch of friends...they flirt, they gush about their future wifey to the strippers, which happens more often than you'd think. It's not -that- bad. If they're grabbing TnA the whole time, thinking about sleeping with the stripper, and bitching about their future wife...than yeah there is a problem.
  • Blutand... Melody 2012/07/28 03:01:29
    BlutandEhre
    +1
    Looking is NOT a sin. You must sleep with them, and most committed men don't! Girls are so insecure!
  • Melody Blutand... 2012/07/28 03:06:38
    Melody
    +2
    Pfft, haha. I'm sorry, but ogling at other men/women who barely have clothes on is INFIDELITY. SIN - no room for that here, that's a religious thing. Is it basic morals, basic RESPECT for ones self and for their future SPOUSE. I may be in a small crowd but my future husband would NEVER even think of doing such things, not even for his pre-wedding bash. It's because he has good values and respects me, plus is enough of a man to NOT be a pig.
  • diarslade Melody 2012/07/28 03:15:49
    diarslade
    +2
    Let me stop you right there. I'm sure your future hubby is a great guy, but I promise you...don't take that for granted. He'll look...you'll look. Don't just assume he'll always be loyal, likewise he shouldn't assume you'll always be loyal either. >.> a healthy amount of jealous paranoia will save your relationship in the long run.
  • Melody diarslade 2012/07/28 03:18:49
    Melody
    Oh trust me, we both are jealous for one another, but we are both very loyal and take pride in not even being interested in such lifestyles or activities. Lots of people succumb to living messy and promiscuous lives, but we are not those people, and I don't think anyone entering a serious relationship, especially marriage, should be in that mindset.

2014/04/20 21:03:57