Anyone having trouble with Google Chrome?

ETpro 2012/08/07 15:53:01
About 2 weeks ago, Chrome started acting up. I noticed that www.Sodahead.com was sometimes unable to load at all. At other times, a page would begin loading then just stop have painted. Sometimes it would load, and enough reload clicks would always complete the loading process, but even when fully loaded, the pages are essentially inoperable. The vertical scroll bar will not budge. You can't scroll in any way, with the mouse wheel or via keyboard arrow keys. This is a social Q&A; site, and you cannot establish focus in any of the form elements. Radio buttons actually work. Reloading the page will show them checked. But without a reload, you get no visual indication the radio button worked. Submit buttons also work, but again, you must reload to see that a Facebook "like" actually did something. There appears to be no way to enter text into a form text box or text area.

I'm also getting the problem with vertical scrolling on about half of the sites I visit in Chrome. It seems to be intermittent and not directly tied to the URL of the site.

On http://news.google.com/ none of Google's own video news pieces on the right column will launch.

YouTube videos seem to work, but others act like they have stalled and you hear the sound only. NASA TV was this way, and is http://www.upworthy.com/trickle-down-theory-adorably-debunked... and other Upworthy videos.

For the record, I'm running what reports to be the latest version of Chrome: 21.0.1180.60 m. I downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it. No help.
The OS is Win 7 Enterprise 32 bit, and I have plenty of available RAM and 1/2 terabyte of available disk, just optimized. Also ran a complete scan with Norton Security Suite. Clean.
I have Java 6, Update 33 (current) according to Oracle's www.java.com checker.

• Mr.Steve 2012/08/07 17:07:37
  • Queen Katherine 2012/08/07 16:04:25
    Queen Katherine
    +1
    I was having so many problems I switched to RockMelt and haven't had a problem since.
    +1
    I use FF
  • JMCC 2012/08/07 15:54:11
    JMCC
    +1
    Yes. So now I use only Firefox.
  • ETpro JMCC 2012/08/07 16:54:06 (edited)
    ETpro
    That's probably the right solution. I liked Chrome's speed, but slow to frozen kills that benefit entirely. Posted from FF. :-)
  • JMCC ETpro 2012/08/07 17:04:43
    JMCC
    I did a systems analysis on it, when it launches it produced five rather large instances of its shell, goodness knows what they were all doing for just one window...

2014/04/23 09:56:24