Another billionaire dumps America. Would you renounce your U.S. citizenship to avoid paying higher taxes?

Daryl 2012/07/09 17:24:44
Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
No I would pay higher taxes

MSNBC.MSN.COM reports:
Denise Rich, the wealthy socialite and former wife of pardoned billionaire trader Marc Rich, has given up her U.S. citizenship - and, with it, much of her U.S. tax bill.

wealthy socialite wife pardoned billionaire trader marc rich citizenship tax

Read More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48118502/ns/business-p...

• Marlow ~ Let There Be Light 2012/07/09 19:48:15
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +13
    After last week's Supreme Court's ruling that the government can tax you for whatever it wants, why shouldn't people hide their money? I don't blame them in the least. If the government doesn't respect individuals, then why should individuals respect the government.

IRS

• Angryface01 2012/07/18 05:14:41
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Angryface01
    +1
    I find that disgusting. So if she's not an American, I hope she relocated herself and her progeny off of American soil...
  • JUSTPLAINFOLKS 2012/07/17 19:00:46
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    JUSTPLAINFOLKS
    +1
    It would depend on how the taxes were being used would it not? If we were being invaded or in another emergency situation and all our resources were needed to keep our republic alive then sure I would sacrifice my life, fortune and sacred honor but not just to feed a bloated socialist parasite goverment. In the case of Ms. Rich she is just another Libtard hypocrite who would not mind raising all other people's taxes but not her own to feed the kind of goverment I mentioned above so goodby to bad to bad libtard rubbish.
  • gidianedwards97 2012/07/13 02:52:27
    No I would pay higher taxes
    gidianedwards97
    +1
    specially if I had all that much and the reason why is I would be proud to give cause I would be getting more.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/07/12 23:18:08
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    Would I be able to live with Denise if i did?
  • Erok 2012/07/12 06:46:48
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Erok
    +1
    another old leather handbag rich LEFTY blowing off America to skirt her losing a little of her billions. How Hollywierd of you !!!!!
  • texasred 2012/07/11 22:42:46
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    texasred
    +1
    If I'm a billionaire, I'm not sure higher taxes would make that much difference in my lifestyle. But if I was a millionaire, or maybe had two or three million.. taking half my money would make a big difference. At that point, I'd do it just to flip Obama and his Commie friends off.
  • Evan texasred 2012/07/18 13:36:42
    Evan
    +2
    texasred, I like your answer, I would not have wanted to leave America for any amount of money, so the taxes, or money, or lack thereof, would not have any part of any such decision. However, if I could live elsewhere, I would, because AMERICA as we knew her no longer exists, and may never again. The U.S. Constitution is shredded, our Army now has the same power that Hitler's army did, we have a Congress that doesn't seem to care, and without a miracle from God, we are soon to come under full and open dictatorship in my view. Who wants to live in a country like this? I am too spoiled. I liked the "rule of law", I liked private enterprise, and a system that allowed us to prosper by working hard, saving, making our own decisions, and pursuing "life, liberty and happiness" our way. TROUBLE IS....where else could one go? There are no countries in the world like America was...at least that I know of.
  • texasred Evan 2012/07/19 02:07:25
    texasred
    I agree and it hurts my heart to know that we have failed our Founding Fathers.
  • Fashionable60s 2012/07/11 17:27:57
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Fashionable60s
    +2
    As a naturalized citizen who came from a very wanting place, I love my country and would defend it with my life. No, I would not live anywhere else so that I could get a tax break. I am not rich and still would gladly pay a higher tax for the right reasons. Come November, will do my best with my voting power to help kick out any body in Washington who has not served the American citizens well.
  • texasred Fashion... 2012/07/11 22:47:00
    texasred
    +2
    It must frustrate you as much or more than those of us who were born here to come here for all the right reasons and to see it changing to a totally different place. I applaud you for your patriotism and hope we can all do what is truly right for America.
  • JanHopkins 2012/07/11 14:40:33
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    JanHopkins
    +2
    I told you this would happen. The rats are fleeing the ship.
  • The One 2012/07/11 03:45:10
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    The One
    +2
    Is Obama still prez???LOL
  • JeanLouiseCollins 2012/07/11 01:24:11
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    JeanLouiseCollins
    +1
    I will never be a billionare,but if I were I would not want it squandered by our government.
    Maybe if everyone wasn't lining their own pockets with pensions.1st class health care,salary increase..think they just did in PA..I would be willing..
  • texasred JeanLou... 2012/07/11 22:48:22
    texasred
    I think that is what ticks most of us off. I doubt there is one of us that wouldn't give more if they felt it was really going to be used correctly. But we all know better.
  • Carl 2012/07/11 00:08:24
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Carl
    However, the President will eliminate those "rich" people who don't support him. He will tax them to death.
  • Jean 2012/07/10 19:54:37
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    Jean
    +3
    The billionaire in question is Denise Rich, noted LEFTIST who contributed to Obama's first campaign. Now all we need is to get her to take a few hundred more Obama supporters with her wherever she's going. Perhaps those women in Detroit who were lined up like cattle at Cobo Arena wanting some Obama cash would like a new place to live.
  • Ev Rom 2012/07/10 17:40:07
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Ev Rom
    +1
    Why do the wealthy and their poor sheep think that they should get away with not paying their fair share. Everyone should pay the same, if they don't want their taxes raised then the middle class and poor should pay the same tax rates as the rich. I sometimes hope they would ALL leave, they prove the traitors they are to this country that gave them everything they needed to become rich. Then it would be up to small business and innovation to get this country back to its former glory. I wouldn't let those traitors return.
  • mich52 2012/07/10 17:34:29
  • Lady Wh... mich52 2012/07/10 17:46:19
  • texasred mich52 2012/07/11 23:06:50
    texasred
    Wealthy socialite and top Democratic donor Denise Rich denounces her U.S. citizenship
    http://www.democraticundergro...

"top Democratic donor." Please keep those words in mind.
  • Vision of Verve 2012/07/10 17:25:07
  • Grant Straka 2012/07/10 16:23:42
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    Grant Straka
    Why? So we can give the poor snubs are money? No way
  • santa6642 2012/07/10 15:49:42
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    santa6642
    +1
    just to support the lazy who want everything given to them.
  • Joel Buccellato 2012/07/10 14:09:44
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    Joel	 Buccellato
    Our Forefathers did it
  • Spe168 2012/07/10 14:06:58
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Spe168
    +1
    What a sorry state of affairs.
  • edifyguy 2012/07/10 13:55:25
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    edifyguy
    +1
    I wish I could afford to ditch this place before it becomes a full-on Soviet place...... Anyone with money is stupid not to lose the U.S. citizenship.
  • Professor Wizard 2012/07/10 13:34:39
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Professor Wizard
    +4
    Typical Greed...

The real question is... will the US allow them to become citizens again, once they lose their fortunes and become poor.
  • Ev Rom Profess... 2012/07/10 17:34:56
    Ev Rom
    +1
    Let them jump through Mexico, I hope they get the same treatment as Mexicans.
  • Meryl 2012/07/10 13:28:38
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    Meryl
    +1
    I would give this much thought, but, at the present time, it seems to me, that the irresponsible financial governmental oversights are an enormous problem. The easy solution to the problem for this pack of liars, cheats, power hungry and illiterate group is to raise taxes to cover their errors. Pretty disgusting state of affairs. So, yes, if I could live and reside somewhere else to avoid heavy and unreasonable taxation, I would. heavy taxation
  • Bill 2012/07/10 10:25:13
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Bill
    +1
    I would also demand from Congress, which I do now, to lower the taxes and repair or dismantle the system of hand-outs from the government. I would also demand that the government stop sending our tax money over-sea's.
  • Revkae Bill 2012/07/11 03:34:36
    Revkae
    +1
    ,,, Along with our jobs.
  • Bill Revkae 2012/07/11 12:32:33
    Bill
    Great point Revkae, I missed that one, thanks.
  • Elephant Lord 2012/07/10 08:01:45 (edited)
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Elephant Lord
    +5
    If I was a billionaire why would I need to be worried? Even if I had a 40% tax I would still have 600 million.
  • Revkae Elephan... 2012/07/11 03:33:18
    Revkae
    +1
    Actually, you could probably pay your taxes with all the interest of your money, and still have the same amount of money you started out with.
  • NYCbrit 2012/07/10 07:23:15
    No I would pay higher taxes
    NYCbrit
    +5
    I'm a citizen here and in Britain. Both have crazy taxes. But I would never renounce citizenship of a country I've loved and have enjoyed the freedoms of for so long.
  • LibertyCaroline 2012/07/10 06:04:03 (edited)
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    LibertyCaroline
    +1
    I suppose that's one way of getting out of paying taxes. My choice would have been, I don't want to pay higher taxes, and keep my citizenship. I may not be happy with the current state of my country, but it's still my country, as long as I have the ability to raise my voice, vote, I'm here to the end exercising what's left of my liberties.
  • ajracestables1 2012/07/10 05:31:23
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    ajracestables1
    THey are going to shake you upside down anyway but why give em more power to do so.
  • Jessica Conners 2012/07/10 04:58:03
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Jessica Conners
    +2
    Denise Rich has exercised her choice and right,but I respectfully disagree. I hope if she or anyone else who gives up their citizenship that they will have to apply like any other immigrant to be received back into the country. May she have all the fun and friends money can buy. Jessica C
    Yes I don't want to pay higher taxes
    Most intelligent capitalist would.
  • Munster 2012/07/10 03:49:17
    No I would pay higher taxes
    Munster
    +2
    Money for freedom? I don't think so.

Freedom has no price. Not to mention the complete lack of respect for the veterans and soldiers fighting now for those freedoms. What about those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice?

2014/09/17 03:32:10