Annoying things people do on Facebook

Ferηαηdo 夢 2011/04/06 12:44:12
So I was listening to the radio and it gave me an idea for this topic. The topic was regarding the most annoying things women do on Facebook. I find men and women equally obnoxious when it comes to the behavior on this site so I am going to open this topic to the annoying things both do on Facebook. My last post was much better than this one but I pressed the backspace button and I love everything I typed. :/ So here is what annoys me. Note that this really isn't meant to be taken too seriously lol.

1)TMI- People that post way too much information about themselves. Is it really a smart thing to do to post your personal phone number and home address? Do you think people care about what color shoe you are wearing or what you ate for a snack?

2) Soap Operas- Basically the people that post all their relationship drama on their wall. They will change their relationship status every day and ask for advice regarding the fighting going on with their girlfriend or boyfriend (they will never take the advice they ask for into account).

3)Attempt at being philosophical fail- The people that copy and paste overused cryptic relationship quotes or song lyrics in an attempt to make what they post look more profound or deep. You aren't fooling anyone. It doesn't take a particular skill to use copy+paste.

4)Negative nancies- People that only post about the negative things happening in their life to garner attention or sympathy. These posts are often accompanied by the overused "FML".

5)Excessive texting- People that over abbreviate and use language that you would use when texting. It's fine to misspell or abbreviate but when your entire post is LYK DIS, it is obnoxious.

Feel free to comment or add to this list. I have a lot more but what I had before got deleted.

post lyk dis obnoxious feel free comment add list deleted

• AK 2011/04/06 13:42:09
    AK
    +4
    The new thing that really annoys me is the people who are using some app on their phone to tell people where they are at or where they WERE at. If I were a stalker this would be quite handy, but since i'm not, I find it extremely annoying. Are people so full of their selves these days that they think everyone must know where they are/ were at?!?!

• ily2011 2011/04/14 04:02:36
    ily2011
    +3
    I hate when people post things like "UGH THESE CRAMPS ARE KILLING ME" or "CRYING MYSELF TO SLEEP TONIGHT" like wtf? I would NOT want to put things like that out in the open. The word PRIVACY has a purpose!
  • DollyCarcass♥ 2011/04/12 05:24:55
    DollyCarcass♥
    Heh! I'm none of those.
    I fit into the standard!!! :D
  • MizzBrooklyn 2011/04/08 20:35:41
    MizzBrooklyn
    this is TMI, IDK WTH to Say on THT lmao ok im joking but i get what your saying! and i agree on some things . specially the over texting. i.e. OMG, PLS STP N GTFOH IDK WHY She WAS SHDH! lmao get it? hope so or lmao IDK WTH 2 TELL U! lol ok im a stop but respectfully i i get ya meaning!
  • harasnicole 2011/04/06 23:52:30
    harasnicole
    +1
    I do the philosophical-lyric-quote thing, but not to be philosophical. I don't post quotes, and the only lyrics I post are fun ones that either have something to do with sex, or the song's been stuck in my head so long that I need to do something.

I do random stuff, too.

But mostly... aside from chatting it up with friends... I'm there for the games.
  • IrisLq 2011/04/06 21:14:22
  • Bob DiN 2011/04/06 21:09:54
    Bob DiN
    That's why I don't have anything to do with Facebook.
  • Captain Sticky 2011/04/06 14:13:12
    Captain Sticky
    +3
    Social networking sites like Facebook (R) allow folks to vent, but Sodahead provides a safer and better venue. Folks on Facebook are asking for trouble.
  • AK 2011/04/06 13:42:09
    AK
    +4
  • Ferηαηdo 夢 AK 2011/04/06 13:46:40
    Ferηαηdo 夢
    +3
    Yea I don't understand why you would want an app like that. The same with the option on twitter to provide the coordinates of where you are tweeting from.
  • AK Ferηαηdo 夢 2011/04/06 13:52:12
    AK
    +2
    Luckily I don't have a twitter, cause my head would probably explode from the amount of narcissism haha
  • JHup BN-0 AK 2011/04/06 21:26:32
    JHup BN-0
    +3
    I believe the point of that app is to taunt their "friends" if they're out somewhere cool and fun, and you're not - neener! And, yes, people are VERY full of themselves - I can't imagine that people actually think that others are interested in the mundane tripe they post, but they keep posting! I think it's hilarious that every one of these posts & tweets are being archived for posterity! (That's what I've heard, anyway - actually, I hope I'm wrong!)
  • AK JHup BN-0 2011/04/06 21:43:10
    AK
    +1
    I couldn't agree more :)
  • §mylz 2011/04/06 12:55:01
    §mylz
    +2
    i do a bit of everything on that list.... though one that wasn't listed, was what i get told about constantly: The 'new update every 5 seconds" thing... i update way to often, and people get pissed about it xD
  • ~Sleepless Dreams~ 2011/04/06 12:51:56
    ~Sleepless Dreams~
    +3
    As i read this, I realized... I am extremely happy that I am 17 yet fall into NONE of those categories (: I do have a facebook, But i use to socialize, not post my entire life on.
    Adding to that list though,
    FAKES: Basically those people who add everyone they see just to say they have 500 FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK! lame.
  • Ferηαηdo 夢 ~Sleepl... 2011/04/06 12:54:39
    Ferηαηdo 夢
    Yea lol, the sad part about it is that a lot of the people that do the things I listed are over the age of 20. I am glad you aren't one of them. That is pretty obnoxious too, I have seen some that have over 1000.
  • ~Sleepl... Ferηαηdo 夢 2011/04/06 13:13:03
    ~Sleepless Dreams~
    +1
    Yeah, I had to delete alot of people on my facebook just because they started to annoy me.
    Even more obnoxious things?
    THE SCHEDULE: Going to school, then work, then seeing the love, then cooking dinner, then going to bed.
  • Ferηαηdo 夢 ~Sleepl... 2011/04/06 13:18:04
    Ferηαηdo 夢
    Lol yes, it is completely unnecessary to post your same routine daily. If you are under the age of 18, we have an idea that you go to school. xD
  • ~Sleepl... Ferηαηdo 夢 2011/04/06 13:20:37
    ~Sleepless Dreams~
    +2
    lol. Yeah. No kidding. I barely post anything on there... Theres no need for it, I only add people I know and talk to, and since thats the case, most of the time, they already know where I am and what I'm doing. haha
  • JHup BN-0 ~Sleepl... 2011/04/06 21:29:04
    JHup BN-0
    What a sensible person you are! I wish it was contagious!

2014/10/25 17:33:41